Draymond Green gets EJECTED 4 minutes into game

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,689

Re: Draymond Green gets EJECTED 4 minutes into game 

Post#101 » by shrink » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

Draymond said he deserved it, but he said he got the second technical because he didn’t turn around and start walking before he said whatever tech-worthy phrase he used.

Is that a general rule? Say whatever, but as long as you’re not facing the ref and you won’t get a tech?
Kabaum
Sophomore
And1: 198

Post#102 » by Kabaum » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm

He thinks by saying out loud he owns up to his actions is enough and then repeats the same actions a weeks later. A month of therapy changes a man. lol
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,393

Post#103 » by phanman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 pm

shrink wrote:Draymond said he deserved it, but he said he got the second technical because he didn’t turn around and start walking before he said whatever tech-worthy phrase he used.

Is that a general rule? Say whatever, but as long as you’re not facing the ref and you won’t get a tech?

I think his POV is that if he turned all the way around, there is higher likelihood that the ref wouldn't have been able to hear what he actually said. When your not facing the refs, it also makes it impossible to read lips.

Reading through this thread is just comical. The amount of hate some of you guys have for him is just flat out unhealthy. He didn't do anything extraordinary or violent to get kicked out this time so I really don't understand the need/want to bring up his past transgressions.

He's easily been the 2nd most important player behind Steph after coming from his suspension and his on/off defensive impact during that span is insane. Not sure if it was the Hoop Collective or Lowe Post podcast that stated his metrics elevates the team to a top ~10 defense when on and the worse in the league when off. You can't expect Draymond to just completely change who he is and these techs/ejections come with having him in uniform. I think with the playoffs around the corner and their seeding on the line with Houston's rise his intensity is starting to pick up once again.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,689

Post#104 » by shrink » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 pm

phanman wrote:You can't expect Draymond to just completely change who he is and these techs/ejections come with having him in uniform.

Completely disagree. Choking people, throwing haymakers and getting technicals and ejections is not part of NBA life as usual.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,696

Post#105 » by RB34 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

With his history he should have been ejected for what he did Patty.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,726

Post#106 » by Yoshun » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 pm

He has a target on his back for sure, but he put it there. Lots of guys complain about calls and jaw at the refs, but most know where the boundaries are.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,834

Post#107 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

RB34 wrote:With his history he should have been ejected for what he did Patty.

He's become pretty adept at making highly suspect or questionable contact appear somewhat incidental. He can sure sell it. It's only when he really goes all in when he gets busted for it. That action on Mills was purely dirty.
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,393

Post#108 » by phanman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

shrink wrote:
phanman wrote:You can't expect Draymond to just completely change who he is and these techs/ejections come with having him in uniform.

Completely disagree. Choking people, throwing haymakers and getting technicals and ejections is not part of NBA life as usual.

I agree with you in regards to his violent outbursts these last 2 seasons with Poole, Sabonis, Gobert & Nurkic but techs and ejections come with the territory with guys like Draymond who walk the line. The Dubs need that toughness that he brings to the team because everybody else on that roster has a mild mannered personality.

Again, nobody is defending the two incidents that got him suspended this year but this particular incident is nothing to get worked up over. His mouth got him ejected, not another violent outburst.
Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 452

Post#109 » by Hair Jordan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 pm

Draymond doing his best 1999 Rodman impression. He’s clearly jumped the shark and is no longer a serious player.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#110 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm

BSJ2024 wrote:I have never seen such a blatant case of someone committing shenanigans to distract from something (in this case that he absolutely sucks) than what he is doing and has been doing for several years.

Why don't people or the media call him out? He is a liability on offense and is left wiiiiiide open (people applaud when he makes wide open shots which is rare in itself), he misses layups. He is a liability on defense, he flails his arms to make it seem like he is trying.

Why don't the Warriors see what he is doing? It is mind boggling

They often leave him open, that doesn't make him a TERRIBLE OFFENSIVE PLAYER and mean the WARRIORS ARE PLAYING 4 on 5 OUT THERE.

I'd argue the above thinking is the backwards way of thinking about it. We really need to make this thread about WHAT A BAD OFFENSIVE PLAYER DRAYMOND IS or whatever?

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,696

Post#111 » by RB34 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
RB34 wrote:With his history he should have been ejected for what he did Patty.

He's become pretty adept at making highly suspect or questionable contact appear somewhat incidental. He can sure sell it. It's only when he really goes all in when he gets busted for it. That action on Mills was purely dirty.

He’s also become highly adept at playing the victim after one of these incidents. Just a downright disgusting human being.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#112 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:22 am

Yoshun wrote:He has a target on his back for sure, but he put it there. Lots of guys complain about calls and jaw at the refs, but most know where the boundaries are.

Draymond has a target? His ratio of blatantly screaming at refs and not getting tetched for it has to be pretty high or whatever.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,251

Post#113 » by wadenation305 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 am

bballfan1three3 wrote:He called him a Pansy ass N, (not Pansy)

Lol, toss em! If the ref can't say the word the player can't either! See ya later alligator! Stop swearing on TV, I don't want my old grandma getting a heart attack after reading your lips on the replay

Tbh if I was a ref, I'd go off on Dray and PRAY that he touches me. I'd get this dumb ass out of the league real quick
ballzboyee
Junior
And1: 370

Post#114 » by ballzboyee » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 am

Draymond really believes his antics were the reason Warriors won and not Steph, Durant, and Klay being three top-five shooters all-time. It's pretty sad actually watching him go out like this. Like watching an old, washed boxer wailing away on a punching bag thinking that if just get madder and hits harder it gives him a chance to win against his younger, more talented opponent. Then when he gets in the ring and realizes he can't win, the washed boxer starts fighting dirty and fouling.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,482

Post#115 » by NyKnicks1714 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 am

It's definitely crazy how often he'll get in an official's face and not get T'd up, but refs are human and like everyone else we react to people in part based on how they normally behave. If you have a friend or coworker who's kind of an assh*le and they do something kind of assh*le-ish in line with their normal behavior, it's whatever. It won't really phase anyone. If you have a friend or coworker who's the nicest person in the world, and out of nowhere they do that same assh*le-ish thing, it's going to have a much bigger impact.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 790

Post#116 » by Ito » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am

What did he even do (can’t find the whole video) and why curry haven’t been fined for crying
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 793

Post#117 » by disoblige » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 am

Harry Palmer wrote:I’ve asked before but never got an answer, maybe people thought I was being rhetorical, but I am seriously asking if he has been diagnosed with any kind of disorder?

Excessive Narcissism
ballzboyee
Junior
And1: 370

Post#118 » by ballzboyee » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am

Ito wrote:What did he even do (can’t find the whole video) and why curry haven’t been fined for crying

It was just a makeup call because he nearly decapitated Patty Mills. They were going to eject him no matter what he did.
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Post#119 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:07 am

Looks like he’s trying to sabotage the Warriors on purpose at this point. This is why you should tread carefully with Klutch employees.

They need to get rid of him.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,593

Post#120 » by HangTime » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

Goomba3666 wrote:Looks like he’s trying to sabotage the Warriors on purpose at this point. This is why you should tread carefully with Klutch employees.

They need to get rid of him.

They need to investigate this, because it could affect the outcome of the game. And his player props.

He's already did in 2022, purposely took himself out of the Klay Thompson return game, and no Jontay Porter level investigation.

Return to The General Board