Tatum vs Edwards vs SGA

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Tatum vs Edwards vs SGA

Poll ended at Sun Apr 7, 2024 1:59 am

Tatum
20%
Edwards
35%
SGA
44%

Total votes: 113

JLM
Ballboy
And1: 14

Tatum vs Edwards vs SGA 

Post#1 » by JLM » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 am

Next 10 years. Who di you want?

I had this debate with some friends and everyone was shocked when I said I'd clearly take Edwards.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,412

Re: Tatum vs Edwards vs SGA 

Post#2 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 am

It's SGA or Edwards, I can't choose though
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,112

Post#3 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 am

I’m a homer so I’m taking SGA. Ant has the physical tools to surpass him, but linear progress isn’t guaranteed and Ant still has to work on end of game stuff.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,052

Post#4 » by bstein14 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 am

Any of them could end up the "best" but Edwards has the highest upside. It doesn't mean he'll reach his full potential lots can happen and he might not have the same level of supporting cast over the next decade... and often times being the "best" also means winning championships and Edwards might have the least in that area especially since the TWolves new ownership reportedly doesn't want to be a tax team.... Minny also cleared a bunch of picks to get Gobert.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,749

Post#5 » by VanWest82 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I’m a homer so I’m taking SGA. Ant has the physical tools to surpass him, but linear progress isn’t guaranteed and Ant still has to work on end of game stuff.

This is how I feel. Also, even though I'd never declare anyone a finished product at 25, it does seem like Shai is much closer to his best self than Ant who might go up another level or two from here. Both should peak higher than Tatum imo. Edit: to be clear, Shai has already peaked higher than Tatum. Ant is arguably also already better than Tatum though it's close.
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#6 » by One_and_Done » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 am

SGA
Tatum
Edwards

Edwards is fun to watch, but he's more on the Kobe tier. SGA is up with guys like Luka or CP3 in terms of impact. Tatum just hasn't come through enough for me to rank him over SGA yet. He's more like a rich mans Kobe.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,385

Post#7 » by HoopsterJones » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 am

SGA
Edwards
Tatum
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,501

Post#8 » by Wolveswin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

Edwards.

Because OP asked over next 10 years.

Edwards is 22. Not even on his 2nd contract yet (more team control). And most upside of the 3.

Edwards isn’t as good as SGA (MVP level) today, but that wasn’t the question of OP.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Veteran
And1: 6,490

Post#9 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

Shiny new toys and all that.

Any one of them could end up being the best when all is said and done and all fantastic players.

So far JT is the only one with years of exposed playoff form, having to overcome the exposed weaknesses etc and despite narratives has proven to deliver in at least consistent deep playoff runs. Despite this he needs to show more these playoffs to be considered a serious top 5 player.

SGA is about 4 months younger than JT and is tracking well but still somewhat unproven when it matters.

Edwards a few years younger and definitely got the highlights. He also wants the moments and had some good playoff performances, albeit limited so far. Again more to prove.

I'll take the more proven commodity that allows me to be a homer, but at the same time it could really be a toss up.
mako
Junior
And1: 328

Post#10 » by mako » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

I chose SGA because he doesn't rely on the 3, but he could still shoot it at a good %.

Guys like tatum and Edwards can be too erratic because of their reliance on the 3.

Maybe I'm just old school but guys shooting under 38% from 3 shouldn't be taking 10+ 3's a game on most nights.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,717

Post#11 » by thinktank » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

One_and_Done wrote:SGA
Tatum
Edwards

Edwards is fun to watch, but he's more on the Kobe tier. SGA is up with guys like Luka or CP3 in terms of impact. Tatum just hasn't come through enough for me to rank him over SGA yet. He's more like a rich mans Kobe.

“But he’s more on the Kobe tier.”

That would make Edwards the best of the three.

Here’s a good theory:

The more people underrate Edwards, the more likely he is to be the best of these three, and probably the best in the league.

The fact is, nobody can do what Edwards does.
"a poor addition to the board"
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#12 » by life_saver » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

I will go with Ant. Ant has improved tremendously in such a short span...he doesn't shy away from adding new things to his game even if it's not the most efficient thing in initial stages. I never seen a Wolves play try so many new things and also improve so much in a short span. His playmaking also has really gone up this year. Also his footwork this year has been so much fun to watch
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,501

Post#13 » by Wolveswin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

I was surprised when I checked, Tatum is younger than SGA.

Tatum just turned 25.

SGA is 25 but will be 26 this summer (in like 3 months).

Edwards is 22 and turns 23 month or so after SGA turns 26.

^which btw should lend itself to amazement where Edwards is in his development. SGA wouldn’t be in this debate at 22. But also Kudos to SGA with how far he has come. Tatum has been steady Eddie for sure.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,702

Post#14 » by shrink » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

Shai’s already #2 in MVP odds, far above Tatum and Ant. That’s rarefied air, and the odds that anyone can reach this level is low. Playing in OKC, Shai has never gotten the national attention he deserves.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/mvp/

That said, I’m a believer in Edwards. His offense is already terrific, but we are seeing him add new stuff to his bag almost every week. But the big difference is his defense, and even at 22, he’s far better than Shai. And of course, his ceiling is even higher than Shai’s with his athleticism.

Shai is better now, but with a long, ten year window? I’m taking Ant.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#15 » by dockingsched » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

I’m curious to see how SGA, who isn’t the most athletic or physical guy and relies a lot of his craftiness and foul drawing, is going to translate in the playoffs the further into the playoffs.

Til then gotta go with Tatum who’s already proven so much at an elite level and as a previous post surprisingly pointed out, is basically same age as SGA.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,046

Post#16 » by Drakeem » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

SGA probably. Edwards has the potential to make the jump, but no matter your potential making the leap towards superstar/legit MVP candidate is a big one no matter how big your talent level is.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
JLM
Ballboy

Post#17 » by JLM » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Agree on all points. Is there even any active player that has the amount of titles that Kobe does?

thinktank wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:SGA
Tatum
Edwards

“But he’s more on the Kobe tier.”

That would make Edwards the best of the three.

Here’s a good theory:

The more people underrate Edwards, the more likely he is to be the best of these three, and probably the best in the league.

The fact is, nobody can do what Edwards does.
JLM
Ballboy

Post#18 » by JLM » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

I agree with the conclusion. However, I do not believe that Tatum or SGA will be washed at the age of 35. Elite players appear to have prolonged careers with the advancements in sports science and increased professionalism.

Wolveswin wrote:Edwards.

Edwards is 22. Not even on his 2nd contract yet (more team control). And most upside of the 3.

Edwards isn’t as good as SGA (MVP level) today, but that wasn’t the question of OP.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,837

Post#19 » by SK21209 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Edwards.

Yeah. I still think Tatum is the best player of the three right now, but Edwards isn't too far behind and being 3/4 years younger carries a lot of weight. I also agree his ceiling his highest.
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,799

Post#20 » by hauntedcomputer » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

SGA for me.

Then Tatum.

Ant's already had a homophobia incident, the chair throwing, a fine for making rig claims, and Send Da Video. Too much of a loaded gun for my taste. Even if he turns out the best player I still wouldn't want him around.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.

Return to The General Board