Who is winning the title?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins it all?

Boston
29%
Denver
40%
Bucks
4%
Suns
2%
Clippers
3%
Lakers
3%
OKC
1%
Wolves
4%
Mavs
7%
Other
7%

Total votes: 149

Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Re: Who is winning the title? 

Post#41 » by Bankai » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

IMO, Boston has been overrated for years. But this season, I think they might have a serious chance to win it all.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,528

Post#42 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

Bucks
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#43 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

Bankai wrote:IMO, Boston has been overrated for years. But this season, I think they might have a serious chance to win it all.

Paul Pierce, KG, Ray Allen ain't walking through that door.

Celtics will eventually win a championship but not this year.

Bucks in 6.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#44 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 am

Probably Denver or Boston.
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#45 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

I'm pretty impressed this board is giving Mavs 4th highest percentage in the poll.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#46 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am

ChipotleWest wrote:I'm pretty impressed this board is giving Mavs 4th highest percentage in the poll.

Luka fans are heavy on this board. Don't underestimate the Luka fanatics.
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,561

Post#47 » by One_and_Done » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I'm pretty impressed this board is giving Mavs 4th highest percentage in the poll.

There's just something about Luka and Jokic that results in them having an abnormally high number of fans. It must be something to do with their play style.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#48 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

One_and_Done wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

There's just something about Luka and Jokic that results in them having an abnormally high number of fans. It must be something to do with their play style.

Foreign players I think a lot of foreign people on this board.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,858

Post#49 » by Exp0sed » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am

One_and_Done wrote:
Deshaun Taden wrote:Whoa how are Mavs the third option? That's crazy.

They have a punchers chance vs Denver, which is more than Miami has. Miami is just not built to play Denver.

it's true about the Heat but how about the Bucks? they matchup very well with the Nuggets. how about a 76ers team, if by the finals Joe L can be at say..90% capacity - they matchup well with the Nuggets as well

The Knicks with Mitchell back can run some crazy defensive (and huge) lineups, Randle, OG, Hartesntein, Mitch and even Josh Hart (in a disruptor role with a Mitch roaming behind him a-la AD and Rui) - they at least have size, grit and elite defense to throw at Jokic and at Murray as well with OG, Hart, Mcbride etc.

I don't see the point in singaling Miami out, so yeah the Heat don't have a shot but other Eastern teams do imo

Mavs have more than a puncher's chance, man I thought they were getting overhyped but I can see that's not the case :)
whose stopping this version Luka and Kyrie with Gafford and the rest, who are dialed in on D in the playoffs?

that's a heck of a playoff team, when the game slows down and the whistle dries up - Luka and Kyrie are just what the Doctor ordered

p.s I also think they matchup well with the Nuggets specifically
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#50 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Luka fans are heavy on this board. Don't underestimate the Luka fanatics.

We have our fair share of Americans from Texas that are just Mavs fans too. :wink:

But hey you're making it out to be a joke but the Mavs are playing really good you must admit. No one saw them getting to the WCF before and this is a way better team.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,858

Post#51 » by Exp0sed » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am

JustBuzzin wrote:

so ur saying they're a first rd exit, right?
no hype whatsoever, gotcha. i'll bump this before the WCF, and you could see that folks hyping up Luka and the Mavs just understand basketball, it has nothing to do with Luka fandom for the most part
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#52 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:There's just something about Luka and Jokic that results in them having an abnormally high number of fans. It must be something to do with their play style.

We have our fair share of Americans from Texas that are just Mavs fans too. :wink:

But hey you're making it out to be a joke but the Mavs are playing really good you must admit. No one saw them getting to the WCF before and this is a way better team.

Best team Luka has had since he got drafted. I can literally see 6 teams winning the West. The Mavs are definitely one of those teams.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#53 » by jkvonny » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Luka fans are heavy on this board. Don't underestimate the Luka fanatics.

True. About the Luka/international fans.

But, Dallas/DFW is also a big market. They have lots of fans across north Texas. lol
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,561

Post#54 » by One_and_Done » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 am

jkvonny wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:There's just something about Luka and Jokic that results in them having an abnormally high number of fans. It must be something to do with their play style.

But, Dallas/DFW is also a big market. They have lots of fans across north Texas. lol

Agreed. It was the same with Dirk, and Nash who was Canadian. It must just be that big international following.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by jkvonny » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am

One_and_Done wrote:
jkvonny wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Foreign players I think a lot of foreign people on this board.

Agreed. It was the same with Dirk, and Nash who was Canadian. It must just be that big international following.

Yup, also they retained a lot of those Dirk/Nash fans over the years.

Similar to the Spurs, we have lots of French fans (Parker, Daiw, Wemby, etc) that carried over along with Euro (Italian) /South American, latino
& Carribean fans (Manu, Duncan, etc).

Rockets with fans in Asia (Lin, Yao Ming, etc) and Jalen Green, Jordan Clarkson (both are half Filipinos).
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,094

Post#56 » by stuporman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 am

jkvonny wrote:
stuporman wrote:I don't think they are going to win it but how could you not put the Knicks in the options in place of the Suns?

Sure, the Suns have names but haven't shown any ability to string any sustained great play or enough wins together to be a serious threat to any of the top 4 west teams let alone the second 4 teams.

While the Knicks have been battling injuries for the better part of 3 months but still in the 3rd seed and in striking distance of the 2nd seed. They are maybe the biggest threat to the Celtics if, big IF, healthy.

Either way, I'm picking the Nuggets out of the west and for the title, they are gelling at the right time and have the best player in the league. Wolves match up well with them so second choice, maybe OKC but still kinda young and small yet wow, they are good. Mavs real solid since the trade deadline, too.

The Celtics probably still come out of the east if healthy, of course, but the Knicks or Bucks may be able to take them down, too, even if healthy. They are the most talented and probably the deepest team in the east but still feel vulnerable for some reason, maybe it's a mental thing. Magic surging but too soon.

Except for an unexpected run like the Heat did last year, I don't see a team outside of the top 3 in either conference getting to the finals.

That's when you would vote "other" and specify.

Why would I vote other and specify? I stated clearly in my post who I picked.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
stuporman
RealGM

Post#57 » by stuporman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am

One_and_Done wrote:
stuporman wrote:I don't think they are going to win it but how could you not put the Knicks in the options in place of the Suns?

Sure, the Suns have names but haven't shown any ability to string any sustained great play or enough wins together to be a serious threat to any of the top 4 west teams let alone the second 4 teams.

While the Knicks have been battling injuries for the better part of 3 months but still in the 3rd seed and in striking distance of the 2nd seed. They are maybe the biggest threat to the Celtics if, big IF, healthy.

Either way, I'm picking the Nuggets out of the west and for the title, they are gelling at the right time and have the best player in the league. Wolves match up well with them so second choice, maybe OKC but still kinda young and small yet wow, they are good. Mavs real solid since the trade deadline, too.

The Celtics probably still come out of the east if healthy, of course, but the Knicks or Bucks may be able to take them down, too, even if healthy. They are the most talented and probably the deepest team in the east but still feel vulnerable for some reason, maybe it's a mental thing. Magic surging but too soon.

Except for an unexpected run like the Heat did last year, I don't see a team outside of the top 3 in either conference getting to the finals.

Knicks can't beat the top teams in the playoffs.

That's just your opinion...yet you think the Suns can? :rofl:
Image?
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by jkvonny » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

stuporman wrote:
jkvonny wrote:

That's when you would vote "other" and specify.

That's good!

Yes, I was just telling the folks asking similar questions like you did. To just vote "other" and then to specify the team.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#59 » by stuporman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am

jkvonny wrote:
stuporman wrote:
jkvonny wrote:That's when you would vote "other" and specify.

That's good!

Yes, I was just telling the folks asking similar questions like you did. To just vote "other" and then to specify the team.

The question was about the roster of options but I appreciate your hard work setting people on the internet straight...there's too many curvy ones out there. :lol:
Image?
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by jkvonny » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 am

stuporman wrote:
jkvonny wrote:
stuporman wrote:

That's good!

The question was about the roster of options but I appreciate your hard work setting people on the internet straight...there's too many curvy ones out there. :lol:

No worries. I gotcha lol

Ya, just pick "other" and then which team yall pick.

Return to The General Board