Mitchell Robinson is BACK! Knicks currently third in the East.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,844

Re: Mitchell Robinson is BACK! Knicks currently third in the East. 

Post#21 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
RookieStar wrote:I dig it.

I want NYK in the 3rd spot. Dislodge CLE cuz I prefer them in our 1st round matchup if we are ever lucky enough to be 4th/5th. I want an inexperienced playoff squad like us lol
I mean, it's not like the Knicks are a seasoned veteran playoff squad either.

The real thing is you want to play a team coached by Jb Bickerstaff because that dude is flat awful at his job.

Its not that. If I remember correctly ( please correct me if i'm wrong ), the NYK has made the POs the past 2 seasons and even won a series or 2. So they just got more experienced on it.

CLE made it only once I think?
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,666

Post#22 » by Clav » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 pm

Knicks at full strength have a top-9 that is pretty solid.

Brunson OG Randle Robinson Hartenstein Quickley DiVincenzo Bogdanovic Achiuwa

Hopefully Randle and OG are back soon bc to me this team can make some real PO noise, ECF if they clamp down hard on defense and play poised offensive ball.

Happy for Mitch to be back because Hartenstein has made big efforts to be a handy NBA'er, but it's always nice to have a boost in the playoffs to add a little lob dimension to the offense while keeping toughness and rebounding.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
epfou1
Sophomore
And1: 193

Post#23 » by epfou1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:17 pm

Clav wrote:Knicks at full strength have a top-9 that is pretty solid.

Hopefully Randle and OG are back soon bc to me this team can make some real PO noise, ECF if they clamp down hard on defense and play poised offensive ball.

Happy for Mitch to be back because Hartenstein has made big efforts to be a handy NBA'er, but it's always nice to have a boost in the playoffs to add a little lob dimension to the offense while keeping toughness and rebounding.

Quickley is no longer on the team. He was traded for OG. Deuce McBride is now part of the rotation. He torched Toronto this week. You also missed Josh Hart.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,550

Post#24 » by RHODEY » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 pm

Thaddy wrote:They need to package Hart, Randle, and picks for a true first option. The strong defense does give them the chance to upset someone in the playoffs though. They can definitely punch above their weight.

Their weight when fully healthy is among the heaviest in the league, so no need to punch above that. A much less season/talented version of this team gentleman swept the Cavs and played the Heat very tough during the playoffs.

This season they have managed to grab the 3rd seed while missing 3/4 starters for huge chinks of the season.........and they are still missing their #2 and #3 options. So all this "have a chance" and "punch above their weight" talk doesn't make sense to me. This team is not an underdog.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#25 » by RHODEY » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:52 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Brunson is having almost MVP Curry season scoring and shooting the basketball, they have true first option, come on now.

5th Leading scorer in the league is somehow not a first option. Why? Because he plays for the Knicks. :D
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,666

Post#26 » by Clav » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:52 pm

epfou1 wrote:
Clav wrote:Knicks at full strength have a top-9 that is pretty solid.

Quickley is no longer on the team. He was traded for OG. Deuce McBride is now part of the rotation. He torched Toronto this week. You also missed Josh Hart.

oh yeah.... man that completely slipped my mind
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,875

Post#27 » by Iwasawitness » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:53 pm

Your weekly reminder that this team scares the **** out of me and I really, REALLY don't want to play them again in the playoffs. The good news is, given their current positioning, it would take some wacky shenanigans for them to meet again in the first round.

Second round on the other hand...
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,135

Post#28 » by cgf » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:11 pm

Swish1906 wrote:So when is Randle back to ruin the flow?

Not soon enough :( JuJu was just dominating before the Heat got to him.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,102

Post#29 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:06 pm

RookieStar wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
RookieStar wrote:I dig it.

I want NYK in the 3rd spot. Dislodge CLE cuz I prefer them in our 1st round matchup if we are ever lucky enough to be 4th/5th. I want an inexperienced playoff squad like us lol
I mean, it's not like the Knicks are a seasoned veteran playoff squad either.

The real thing is you want to play a team coached by Jb Bickerstaff because that dude is flat awful at his job.

Its not that. If I remember correctly ( please correct me if i'm wrong ), the NYK has made the POs the past 2 seasons and even won a series or 2. So they just got more experienced on it.

CLE made it only once I think?
The Knicks made the playoffs in 2021 and 2023.

The Cavs made the playoffs in 2023 and the play-in (with the 8th best record) in 2022.

The thing is, Randle and Burks (just returned last month) are the only guys left from the Knicks 2021 playoff squad. Mitch Robinson was obviously on the team but didn't play.

Where the Cavs post season roster from 2022 still has Garland, Mobley, Allen, Okoro, and LeVert on the team. Dean Wade was on the team too back then but didn't play.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,791

Post#30 » by RoyceDa59 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:32 pm

When healthy, you absolutely do not want to face this Knicks team in the playoffs.

They’re as good as anyone not named Boston, in the East. Gritty, defensive minded squad. They’ll wear you down.
Go Raps!!
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#31 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:08 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:When healthy, you absolutely do not want to face this Knicks team in the playoffs.

They’re as good as anyone not named Boston, in the East. Gritty, defensive minded squad. They’ll wear you down.

Could be as good (or better than )Boston...it remains to be seen. In January sans Mitch Robinson they were the most dominant team in the entire league.

Return to The General Board