Mitchell Robinson is BACK! Knicks currently third in the East.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,812

Mitchell Robinson is BACK! Knicks currently third in the East. 

Post#1 » by UcanUwill » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

If you missed it, Mitchell Robinson has played his first game since December 5th. I believe. 8 points off the bench for Knicks center. Exiting times for NY, the question is, who is your go to center now, Hartenstein definitely proved himself capable.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,211

Re: Mitchell Robinson is BACK! Knicks currently third in the East. 

Post#2 » by Capn'O » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

He looked good. I think iHart is the starter until further notice.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,422

Post#3 » by cupcakesnake » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

If OG can get healthy for the playoffs, the Knicks will be a defensive juggernaut. 48 minutes of strong rim protection between Robinson and iHart, OG destroyer of worlds, and Precious Achiuwa being low key one of the most switchable defenders in the NBA.

I think a Brunson (or hopefully Brunson/Randle) offense under Thibs is always going to be junky in the playoffs. Adding an elite defense to an offense that can get by with tough shots and enough threes is a good recipe to beat a more talented opponent.

OG and Randle's injury problems are pretty concerning, but I'm holding out hope for the Knicks to be close to full strength.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
TwitterFingers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#4 » by TwitterFingers » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

League on notice
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#5 » by FreeSpiritNY » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Defense and shooting for them Knicks. If McBride stays hot that second unit going to be a starting unit for other teams.

Mitch
Precious
Hart
Bogs
Miles
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#6 » by cgf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Mitch was awesome...2 blocks in those first 6 minutes he got in the first half were just instant excitement...but he's not in shape to start yet. So Thibs can continue splitting the minutes to see how things progress. If/when Hartenstein's achilles gets better and/or Robinson gets in full game shape, he should have a clearer picture of how this team does with each of our bigmen.

It's definitely nice to have the flexibility for Thibs to adjust to each game with Mitch the more dominant rim/PnR protector + rebounder; Hart arguably the best passer on the team at any position, who has tapped into that Nova-ESP; plus Achiuwa giving Thibs a very viable small ball option who is trusted to protect the rim & gobble up boards

...now if only our starting forwards would come back as well lol.

Feel a little bit for Jericho because Sims was doing a really good Mitch impersonation with his ability to leap out of the gym despite looking like his shoulders are wider than some players are tall, but he'll have his time in this league. Whether it's for us after the cap forces us to lose one of RobinHart, or for someone else, that kid can grow into a Gafford level starting C in this league.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#7 » by cgf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 pm

cupcakesnake wrote:If OG can get healthy for the playoffs, the Knicks will be a defensive juggernaut. 48 minutes of strong rim protection between Robinson and iHart, OG destroyer of worlds, and Precious Achiuwa being low key one of the most switchable defenders in the NBA.

I think a Brunson (or hopefully Brunson/Randle) offense under Thibs is always going to be junky in the playoffs. Adding an elite defense to an offense that can get by with tough shots and enough threes is a good recipe to beat a more talented opponent.

OG and Randle's injury problems are pretty concerning, but I'm holding out hope for the Knicks to be close to full strength.

Yeah, if they got healthy, I'd be really excited for this team. But it's hard not to be worried about Randle's shoulder at this point...especially with OG going out again so soon after making his return...

Hopefully it turns out like the Mitch stuff; where we all worry because of the lack of updates only for him to return with plenty of time to get into playoff shape, since his shoulder hasn't limited him from working on his cardio like Mitch's ankle did him.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,862

Post#8 » by Thaddy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

They need to package Hart, Randle, and picks for a true first option. The strong defense does give them the chance to upset someone in the playoffs though. They can definitely punch above their weight.
cgf
RealGM

Post#9 » by cgf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Thaddy wrote:They need to package Hart, Randle, and picks for a true first option. The strong defense does give them the chance to upset someone in the playoffs though. They can definitely punch above their weight.

Quite possibly, but let's see how much further Brunson can go before we risk limiting him again. Like if we had brought in Spida last summer, we probably wouldn't have this version of Brunson now. So with Brunson still leveling up, I might be a little hesitant to bring someone in that could hamper that ongoing evolution.

Randle (obviously) has to prove his previous playoff struggles were all due to Elfrid Payton and his ankle needing surgery or he should be trade-bait for an upgrade...but Brundle have a very synergistic relationship that really brings the best out of both of them. Even with Julius hobbled last spring, Brunson's efficiency fell off hard without Randle on the court.

toodarkmark
Sophomore
And1: 489

Post#10 » by toodarkmark » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Thaddy wrote:They need to package Hart, Randle, and picks for a true first option. The strong defense does give them the chance to upset someone in the playoffs though. They can definitely punch above their weight.

In what universe would anyone who actually watches them think they would trade Hart. This is like video game discussions, and not someone who watches the games.

Who's this #1 option they're trading for? I know it's hard for people to accept, but Brunson is a #1 option, and in the chase for the MVP. Who's this proposed "first" option that the Knicks are getting for an injured Randle, some late 1st rounders, and a guy they 100% are not trading?
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#11 » by UcanUwill » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Brunson is having almost MVP Curry season scoring and shooting the basketball, they have true first option, come on now.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,156

Post#12 » by Edrees » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

He's the illest mitch there ever was!
MeloNY
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#13 » by MeloNY » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 pm

Under no circumstances should they trade Josh Hart. He is the heart and soul of the team. Tough defender, gets to every 50-50 ball, and rebounds like a big man, which has allowed Thibs to get away with some pretty under-sized lineups. He's currently the starting 4 and they are playing some of their best ball.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,951

Post#14 » by Woodsanity » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 pm

People need to realize we haven't had a fully healthy team ALL SEASON.

If everyone is healthy come playoffs, I will be very excited. I think a healthy Knicks team can beat anyone.

This isn't typical knicks fan delulu. We are legit for once.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#15 » by UcanUwill » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 pm

MeloNY wrote:

Under no circumstances should they trade Josh Hart. He is the heart and soul of the team. Tough defender, gets to every 50-50 ball, and rebounds like a big man, which has allowed Thibs to get away with some pretty under-sized lineups. He's currently the starting 4 and they are playing some of their best ball.

Villanova Knicks is a thing, you do not break that for no good reason.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,660

Post#16 » by Swish1906 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 pm

So when is Randle back to ruin the flow?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,211

Post#17 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 pm

Swish1906 wrote:So when is Randle back to ruin the flow?

Still unclear. Soon :dontknow:
MeloNY wrote:

He might be the best I've ever seen at the position for long rebounds. He gets all of them. A complete possession hog.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,835

Post#18 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 pm

I dig it.

I want NYK in the 3rd spot. Dislodge CLE cuz I prefer them in our 1st round matchup if we are ever lucky enough to be 4th/5th. I want an inexperienced playoff squad like us lol
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,096

Post#19 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 pm

RookieStar wrote:I dig it.

I want NYK in the 3rd spot. Dislodge CLE cuz I prefer them in our 1st round matchup if we are ever lucky enough to be 4th/5th. I want an inexperienced playoff squad like us lol
I mean, it's not like the Knicks are a seasoned veteran playoff squad either.

The real thing is you want to play a team coached by Jb Bickerstaff because that dude is flat awful at his job.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,254

Post#20 » by ShootersShoot » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 pm

This knicks team is going to be toughhh in the playoffs. Congrats knicks fans been a long time coming

Return to The General Board