Main reason Jordan is the GOAT

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 604

Re: Main reason Jordan is the GOAT 

Post#21 » by Chessboxer » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:34 am

MJ would average 40, quite easily if he wanted too. The amount of spacing in todays' league, MJ would have a freeway to the rim. Also with MJs' ability to cause turnovers (3X steals leader), he would be piling up points in transition.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,826

Post#22 » by Marrrcuss » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:
Great players aren’t always great. They’re just great when they have to be. Jordan stunk up the joint from the field but shot 16-17 from the line to go along with 8 assists and 11 rebounds. He followed up in game 4 with 55 points. Take the L :lol:[/quot e]
He got bailed out. You should have taken my advice and deleted this shyt.

Lebron 8 points against the Mavs on 3-11 shooting in Game 4 of the 2011 NBA Finals. They just took him out of the game made him a non factor.

Bruh, I was rooting HARD for Dallas that series. Bringing this up once a week for the past 13 is more weirdo shyt than hurting me, lol.

They all have bad games was my point.

Again, yall bring that series up every week. For a guy still playing, it's am amazing compliment that u have to go back that long.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,103

Post#23 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am

Marrrcuss wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:
Lebron 8 points against the Mavs on 3-11 shooting in Game 4 of the 2011 NBA Finals. They just took him out of the game made him a non factor.

Bruh, I was rooting HARD for Dallas that series. Bringing this up once a week for the past 13 is more weirdo shyt than hurting me, lol.

They all have bad games was my point.

Again, yall bring that series up every week. For a guy still playing, it's am amazing compliment that u have to go back that long.

Because Jordan had some nights where he just couldn't score, heck everyone in NBA history has, but no one ever took Jordan out of a Finals game where he wasn't getting shots up that's just sad.

Him and Wade mocking Dirk for being sick and then losing 3 straight games it's pretty hilarious. :lol:

And oh yeah it should get brought up in every GOAT conversation because it's one of the reasons he's not the GOAT. Jordan would never mock someone for being sick and then not win another game hahahahaahahha that's not the GREATEST OF ALL TIME bruh. Expect to see it more, from me, because it can't be erased from his legacy.
Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,860

Post#24 » by Iwasawitness » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am

Hair Jordan wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Jordan would likely be a top 5 player if he played today, but I doubt anyone would consider him the GOAT. The 90s sucked compared to today's league.

Jordan won titles in the ‘90’s with Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Ray Allen, KG etc in the league and all those guys won titles with Lebron in the league. So Lebron was getting his ass handed to him by ‘90’s players but go on with your anti 90’s rant. Enthrall me with your acumen :lol:

Please go somewhere else if this is the best you're going to give us. I would suggest looking at some of the other anti-LeBron posters in this forum to get a better idea of what actual trolling looks like. This isn't it.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
ballzboyee
Junior
And1: 377

Post#25 » by ballzboyee » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

Hair Jordan wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Jordan would likely be a top 5 player if he played today, but I doubt anyone would consider him the GOAT. The 90s sucked compared to today's league.

Jordan won titles in the ‘90’s with Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Ray Allen, KG etc in the league and all those guys won titles with Lebron in the league. So Lebron was getting his ass handed to him by ‘90’s players but go on with your anti 90’s rant. Enthrall me with your acumen :lol:

Right. Lebron had to wait until all the 90's players got old and retired before he could win. The two of three times he faced 90's guys in the Finals (Dirk and Duncan), Lebron lost.
Iwasawitness
Starter

Post#26 » by Iwasawitness » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

ChipotleWest wrote:

Jordan would be Lebron's daddy.

If Jordan were in the East with Lebron oooooooooooooh man Lebron might not have made a Finals until he joined the Lakers.

Unless Jordan is able to get Scottie Pippen with him, I seriously doubt it.

ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#27 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

If Jordan were in the East with Lebron oooooooooooooh man Lebron might not have made a Finals until he joined the Lakers.

Well we know Lebron's going to go join a super team there's no doubt there.
SportsGuru08
Junior
And1: 362

Post#28 » by SportsGuru08 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am

ballzboyee wrote:
Hair Jordan wrote:

Right. Lebron had to wait until all the 90's players got old and retired before he could win. The two of three times he faced 90's guys in the Finals (Dirk and Duncan), Lebron lost.

Yep, first NBA Finals he got manhandled by a team filled with '90s leftovers. Clamped by 36-year-old Bowen, a guy who struggled to make NBA rosters in the '90s.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,686

Post#29 » by Vampirate » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 am

SGA is basically a very watered down Michael Jordan, think about that.
FuShengTHEGreat
Veteran
And1: 1,143

Post#30 » by FuShengTHEGreat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

Love how EVERY SINGLE Jordan Jockers conveniently skip over the 95 playoffs because some other team were the ones ushering he and Chicago out the playoffs*.

* denotes "Wahhhh...Jordan was so outta shape Bulls team doctors had to hoist him in a wheelchair before and after games"
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,573

Post#31 » by One_and_Done » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

It's a good thing for MJ that Kawhi's career was injury riddled, because if it wasn't I've got no idea what MJs argument over Kawhi would be. Kawhi is literally better at everything except jumping high, etc.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#32 » by MN7725 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

Jordan was the best player in every playoff series
every time
that can't be said about any other player in history

even when the Bulls were getting swept in the 80s, this was acknowledged
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,573

Post#33 » by One_and_Done » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 am

Vampirate wrote:

SGA is basically a very watered down Michael Jordan, think about that.

Or arguably a better version.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,752

Post#34 » by KembaWalker » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 am

FuShengTHEGreat wrote:Love how EVERY SINGLE Jordan Jockers conveniently skip over the 95 playoffs because some other team were the ones ushering he and Chicago out the playoffs*.

* denotes "Wahhhh...Jordan was so outta shape Bulls team doctors had to hoist him in a wheelchair before and after games"

might have something to do with that 3 peat thing he did after
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,103

Post#35 » by therealbig3 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 am

I’m all about smacking down the Jordan mythologizing, LeBron is clearly the GOAT imo. I have Jordan probably 3rd or 4th, depending on how I feel about Russell.

But the guy would clearly be the best player in the league today imo, with LeBron no longer in his prime. Maybe Jokic would have a case, but I’d go Jordan. Jordan WAS a monster, no doubt about that. Not the untouchable myth 90s heads think, but still legendary.
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#36 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

FuShengTHEGreat wrote:Love how EVERY SINGLE Jordan Jockers conveniently skip over the 95 playoffs because some other team were the ones ushering he and Chicago out the playoffs*.

So you want to ignore the 6 other championships and focus on one series loss where he missed a full year then all but 17 games in the season? Lebron doesn't get enough of this scrutiny with an eye glass.

Ok I'll even give you that one with Jordan, why does he still have more rings than any of the GOAT contenders since Russell? Lebron played longer, why isn't he at least tied? Not even one less LOL!
Iwasawitness
Starter

Post#37 » by Iwasawitness » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Only because he couldn’t have an all time great gift wrapped to him like Jordan, right?

ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#38 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Only because he couldn’t have an all time great gift wrapped to him like Jordan, right?

Jordan made Pippen not the other way around, make no doubt about that.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#39 » by therealbig3 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am

ChipotleWest wrote:

So you want to ignore the 6 other championships and focus on one series loss where he missed a full year then all but 17 games in the season? Lebron doesn't get enough of this scrutiny with an eye glass.

Ok I'll even give you that one with Jordan, why does he still have more rings than any of the GOAT contenders since Russell? Lebron played longer, why isn't he at least tied? Not even one less LOL!

It’s a team game, wtf. Nobody counts rings like this, it’s nonsensical. Jordan left his team, they didn’t replace him with anyone of significance, and they won 55 games, won a playoff series, and went game 7 of the second round.

Tell me ANY of LeBron’s teams that could do that without him. I’ll wait.

Also if we’re going to talk about competition, we should talk about the absolute weak sauce competition Jordan faced in the playoffs. Both from an individual standpoint and from a team standpoint. Especially the mid to late 90s, with a record rate of league expansion and watering down of talent.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#40 » by therealbig3 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Jordan made Pippen not the other way around, make no doubt about that.

Feel like you’re a LeBron hater that wasn’t actually around in the 90s to know enough to talk about this.

Pippen being “made” by Jordan is one of the most hilariously incorrect statements ever.

Return to The General Board