Dejounte Murray 44 FGA and the game winner - "I don’t wanna take that many shots, but I know Kobe would be proud of me"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,342

Dejounte Murray 44 FGA and the game winner - "I don’t wanna take that many shots, but I know Kobe would be proud of me" 

Post#1 » by Dr Aki » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am

Dejounte Murray's got a pretty good sense of humour
Lala870
Starter
And1: 1,466

Re: Dejounte Murray 44 FGA and the game winner - "I don’t wanna take that many shots, but I know Kobe would be proud of  

Post#3 » by Lala870 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am

I mentioned it in the game thread but the youtube scene around this post game clip has been wild. Clip was deleted on a couple channels due to what I speculate was an unflattering homage to Kobe and house of highlights/BR renamed the title like 3 times (at least)
Al Harrington is my inspiration for weed entrepreneurship!
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,572

Re: Dejounte Murray 44 FGA and the game winner - "I don’t wanna take that many shots, but I know Kobe would be proud of 

Post#4 » by One_and_Done » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am

Except Kobe wouldn't always be that efficient.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Post#5 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

Lol. Realgm with a Kobe hate thread. It’s like Trump supporters circle jerking about Q’Anon or truth social.

Stop with the unneeded insertion of politics, it just derails things. You've been warned many times already
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,944

Post#6 » by whatisacenter » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:48 am

don't you think it was more DJM taking a swipe at Tatum's idol....low key trolling...pretty funny. :lol:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SweaterBae
Rookie
And1: 1,579

Post#7 » by SweaterBae » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

One_and_Done wrote:Except Kobe wouldn't always be that efficient.

Amazing.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,746

Post#8 » by shrink » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

Goomba3666 wrote:Lol. Realgm with a Kobe hate thread. It’s like Trump supporters circle jerking about Q’Anon or truth social.

Wow, a crude sex metaphor, plus you inserted your politics in too! Double class act, Goomba!

Plus, you think this is a “Kobe hate thread?” Dr. Aki (a Lakers fan) starting this thread repeating what a player said?
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,031

Post#9 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 am

whatisacenter wrote:don't you think it was more DJM taking a swipe at Tatum's idol....low key trolling...pretty funny. :lol:

Nailed it.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,342

Post#10 » by Dr Aki » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:05 am

shrink wrote:
Goomba3666 wrote:Lol. Realgm with a Kobe hate thread. It’s like Trump supporters circle jerking about Q’Anon or truth social.

Wow, a crude sex metaphor, plus you inserted your politics in too! Double class act, Goomba!

Plus, you think this is a “Kobe hate thread?” Dr. Aki (a Lakers fan) starting this thread repeating what a player said?

Come on, who didn't know Kobe was a bit of a black hole?

I thought it was funny
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,229

Post#11 » by lambchop » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:04 am

He didn't say anything wrong. Mamba mentality is about unwavering belief, relentless attacking etc. And coming up clutch. He did all of that and owned it.

Lol at the dude trying to spin this as a hate thread and then somehow mixing politics into it.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#12 » by Mr Peanut » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 am

OT but was anyone else watching the game on LP and saw the CeeLo Green halftime show? I wasn't intending on watching it but heard all the F bombs from another room and came back to tune in. Was shocked he was doing that at what is normally a family friendly event :lol:
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,081

Post#13 » by MrBigShot » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 am

Kobe took 2 more shots to drop 81 god damn points.

44 points on 44 shots has to be the worst scoring performance i've ever seen. 20 shots is a lot. If you're going to be taking 27-30 shots on a night, it better be because your name is Luka or because you're having a career night. 44? That's utterly ridiculous.

For reference, steph dropped 50 in game 7 against the kings last year on 38 shots. The hawks would've won much more easily if Bogdan or Hunter had gotten more of those shot attempts.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,856

Post#14 » by Iwasawitness » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:16 am

Goomba strikes again with another one of his classic takes. Imagine thinking this is a anti-Kobe thread :lol:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,329

Post#15 » by rapstarter » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:27 am

MrBigShot wrote:Kobe took 2 more shots to drop 81 god damn points.

44 points on 44 shots has to be the worst scoring performance i've ever seen. 20 shots is a lot. If you're going to be taking 27-30 shots on a night, it better be because your name is Luka or because you're having a career night. 44? That's utterly ridiculous.

For reference, steph dropped 50 in game 7 against the kings last year on 38 shots. The hawks would've won much more easily if Bogdan or Hunter had gotten more of those shot attempts.

Kobe himself had a couple that were worse than this: 41 on 47 shots, 34 on 41 shots. The Hawks won against the #1 team in the league, so I doubt they are complaining too much.
Primedeion
Junior
And1: 796

Post#16 » by Primedeion » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 am

Meanwhile Kobe's scoring efficiency (104 TS+) was about as good as Larry Bird's (105 TS+). The hate and disrespect is insane.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,213

Post#17 » by tsherkin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 pm

Primedeion wrote:Meanwhile Kobe's scoring efficiency (104 TS+) was about as good as Larry Bird's (105 TS+). The hate and disrespect is insane.

I have never truly grokked how people thought Kobe was inefficient outside of the Finals. He had some shot selection issues, but he in his prime he was pretty consistently 2 or 3 percent above league average efficiency. And generally on pretty substantial volume, too. There are things to say about Kobe, but calling him an inefficient scorer certainly isn't one of them. He was one of the best scorers we'd seen to date in the league.
Primedeion
Junior
And1: 796

Post#18 » by Primedeion » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 pm

tsherkin wrote:
Primedeion wrote:Meanwhile Kobe's scoring efficiency (104 TS+) was about as good as Larry Bird's (105 TS+). The hate and disrespect is insane.

I have never truly grokked how people thought Kobe was inefficient outside of the Finals. He had some shot selection issues, but he in his prime he was pretty consistently 2 or 3 percent above league average efficiency. And generally on pretty substantial volume, too. There are things to say about Kobe, but calling him an inefficient scorer certainly isn't one of them. He was one of the best scorers we'd seen to date in the league.

In his prime (01-10) his TS+ was 106, which means he was 6% better than league average. That is very good.

There's no reason to use rTS when TS+ is available.

All those "shot selection" issues and he still finished with the fourth highest inflation adjusted scoring rate ever while posting almost the same career scoring efficiency as Larry Bird. :lol: :lol: :lol:
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,388

Post#19 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:OT but was anyone else watching the game on LP and saw the CeeLo Green halftime show? I wasn't intending on watching it but heard all the F bombs from another room and came back to tune in. Was shocked he was doing that at what is normally a family friendly event :lol:

What was he doing... singing and swearing?
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,534

Post#20 » by dhsilv2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 pm

MrBigShot wrote:Kobe took 2 more shots to drop 81 god damn points.

He also had this game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200211070BOS.html

And this one...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201212220GSW.html

Is this that much better?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200801140SEA.html

Return to The General Board