Friday 3/29 NBA Game Thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Lakers
12%
@ Pacers
10%
Clippers
8%
@ Magic
9%
Suns
12%
@ Thunder
8%
Wolves
12%
@ Nuggets
8%
Mavs
15%
@ Kings
6%

Total votes: 86

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,655

Post#1 » by bisme37 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 pm

It's a 12 game Friday with huge implications for the West playoffs if you're into that sort of thing!

- Nuggets and Wolves battle for #1 in West
- Thunder host Suns looking to move from #3 to #2, Suns looking to climb back out of play-in
- Mavs vs Kings - DAL looks to stay in 6th and move 2 games up on SAC, while SAC looks to pull even with DAL and own h2h tie breaker
- Houston goes for 11 in a row as they continue to push for Play-in spot
- Lakers go for 6 in a row, visit Pacers on NBA TV
- Clippers host Magic as they look to stay ahead of NOP for #4
- Warriors visit Hornets as they try to hold off HOU for #10
- Plus other stuff like Cavs vs Sixers and Knicks vs Spurs but I'm tired of typing things now so enjoy

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,823

Re: Friday 3/29 NBA Game Thread 

Post#2 » by UcanUwill » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 pm

Lets go Hornets I guess. Micic is due for next MVP award.
CelticSooner
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,388

Post#3 » by CelticSooner » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 pm

Question for Nuggets fans, what is your teams biggest weakness?

Edit: what not who
“Why would I need a wheelchair if I pooped my pants?"
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,103

Post#4 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 pm

CelticSooner wrote:Question for Nuggets fans, who is your teams biggest weakness?

Not a Nuggets fan and I don't watch a lot of their games but I can take a guess. Reggie Jackson.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,823

Post#5 » by UcanUwill » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 pm

I would be a little worried about MPjr, he is important piece and he has been great, but sometimes he can get cold for several games, and I wonder how the whole development over his brother could effect his game. Nuggets are the team to beat without question, but they do not have same depth as the Celtics, and if MPjr. has a bad stretch, it could be bad for them.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,751

Post#6 » by scrabbarista » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:33 pm

CelticSooner wrote:Question for Nuggets fans, what is your teams biggest weakness?

1.I don't have great confidence in the starting five's ability to stay healthy: all players barring maybe MPJ (ironically) have been banged up this season; they're coming off a long postseason; they're pushing for playoff position, which may add wear. If one of that five goes down, things get pretty rickety from 6-8.

2. The three-man bench is majorly unproven. Braun being the most trusted guy tells you all you need to know. If a situation arises where Jackson/Watson becomes hard to play, then the other six may have to play more minutes, which raises point (1.) again. If you don't want a "who" here, then the answer could be bench depth or ball-handling.

3. The offense could dry up against a good defense that knows how to play off of Gordon, Watson, Braun, etc.. Minny could shut them down, and Boston could slow them enough to make it up on offense. If Murray and Gordon play lots of bench minutes (as expected), does a strong defense and a bit of luck take care of Jokic with the bench players?

I know this isn't X's and O's centric, but it's how I could see Denver losing.
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,103

Post#7 » by Johnny Tomala » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 pm

Lakers, Clippers, Thunder, Nuggets, Mavericks.
scrabbarista
RealGM

Post#8 » by scrabbarista » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 pm

Lakers are unbeatable!
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Post#9 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 pm

Not sure why Nuggets-Wolves aren't on ESPN. NBA really fuming every bag.
scrabbarista
RealGM

Post#10 » by scrabbarista » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 pm

Goomba3666 wrote:Not sure why Nuggets-Wolves aren't on ESPN. NBA really fumbling every bag.

espn is showing young women basketball teams tonight.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,893

Post#11 » by jkvonny » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:46 pm

scrabbarista wrote:
Goomba3666 wrote:Not sure why Nuggets-Wolves aren't on ESPN. NBA really fumbling every bag.

Also March Madness on the mens side on the other channels.
Sweet 16/Elite 8 weekend.
CelticSooner
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,388

Post#12 » by CelticSooner » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:10 pm

scrabbarista wrote:
CelticSooner wrote:Question for Nuggets fans, what is your teams biggest weakness?

1.I don't have great confidence in the starting five's ability to stay healthy: all players barring maybe MPJ (ironically) have been banged up this season; they're coming off a long postseason; they're pushing for playoff position, which may add wear. If one of that five goes down, things get pretty rickety from 6-8.

2. The three-man bench is majorly unproven. Braun being the most trusted guy tells you all you need to know. If a situation arises where Jackson/Watson becomes hard to play, then the other six may have to play more minutes, which raises point (1.) again. If you don't want a "who" here, then the answer could be bench depth or ball-handling.

3. The offense could dry up against a good defense that knows how to play off of Gordon, Watson, Braun, etc.. Minny could shut them down, and Boston could slow them enough to make it up on offense. If Murray and Gordon play lots of bench minutes (as expected), does a strong defense and a bit of luck take care of Jokic with the bench players?

Good stuff but that doesn’t make me feel much better about a potential matchup lol the entire league will be hoping Jokic gets worn out if they want to beat them.
“Why would I need a wheelchair if I pooped my pants?"
scrabbarista
RealGM

Post#13 » by scrabbarista » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:18 pm

CelticSooner wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:

Good stuff but that doesn’t make me feel much better about a potential matchup lol the entire league will be hoping Jokic gets worn out if they want to beat them.

Make lots of 3's!

Oh, I'm more worried about the other four starters' health than Jokic's. But any of the five being hobbled could be the difference in a series.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by jkvonny » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 pm

CelticSooner wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:

I would try to get the starters (one of the best starting core in the NBA) worn out and get to their bench (not the greatest).
Celtics have more depth and deeper team IMO.
Also double teaming seems to be effective on Jokic at times, forcing their other starters to shoot well (risky tho).
Attack their defense with Pick n roll. And shoot yall usual 3s (when yall get hot, unbeatable), Nuggets doesn't like to get in 3 ball shootouts (they dont shoot lots of 3s). The Suns tends to match up well with them because of this.
scrabbarista
RealGM

Post#15 » by scrabbarista » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 pm

jkvonny wrote:
CelticSooner wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:

I would try to get the starters (one of the best starting core in the NBA) worn out and get to their bench (not the greatest).
Also double teaming seems to be effective on Jokic at times, forcing their other starters to shoot well (risky tho).
Attack their defense with Pick n roll.

Maybe single Jokic with the starters and double him in the middle of the game when he plays with the bench.

I dunno!
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by jkvonny » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 pm

scrabbarista wrote:
jkvonny wrote:
CelticSooner wrote:Good stuff but that doesn’t make me feel much better about a potential matchup lol the entire league will be hoping Jokic gets worn out if they want to beat them.

Attack their defense with Pick n roll.

Maybe single Jokic with the starters and double him in the middle of the game when he plays with the bench.

I dunno!

I added this to my post as welll " And shoot yall usual 3s (when yall get hot, unbeatable), Nuggets doesn't like to get in 3 ball shootouts (they dont shoot lots of 3s). The Suns tends to match up well with them because of this."

True. BTW, what you stated.
Goomba3666
Veteran

Post#17 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:31 pm

scrabbarista wrote:

Good point.
scrabbarista
RealGM

Post#18 » by scrabbarista » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:32 pm

Can't wait to see the hoopin' tonight! I actually am into this sort of thing! Hope there are some good games!
Goomba3666
Veteran

Post#19 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 pm

I truly believe the only team the way of the Wolves is the Nuggets. And honestly, it's gonna take some really good play from MPJ and Gordon for them to beat the Wolves in 7.

They don't even have to hide Conley due to the amount of size/ athleticism in the back court and front court. Truly a nightmare
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,294

Post#20 » by canada_dry » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I would be a little worried about MPjr, he is important piece and he has been great, but sometimes he can get cold for several games, and I wonder how the whole development over his brother could effect his game. Nuggets are the team to beat without question, but they do not have same depth as the Celtics, and if MPjr. has a bad stretch, it could be bad for them.
He struggled in the finals and they still dominated. He's more of a luxury than a necessity tbh, and that's perfect for him.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board