Main reason Lebron is the GOAT

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Re: Main reason Lebron is the GOAT 

Post#41 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:34 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Goomba3666 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
6 of 8? He wasn't there a full season then almost a 2nd full season but he came back with 17 games remaining in the season. There's no 6 of 8 you obviously are too young to have watched that era. Also you're comparing winning the East to winning a championship why does Lebron have less rings in more years? Jordan did not play plumbers in the Finals.

Most of his fans consider finals appearances as championships due to how how unlikely he was to win against a Western Conference team

Yeah they just change reality for him like yesterday one of them said that a championship in the 2010's count as 2 championships for 1 in the 90's.

I try very hard to take them seriously, but it’s been like this for a long time. I think Lebron is great, but that’s never really enough for his fans.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,366

Post#42 » by CIN-C-STAR » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:41 pm

Tbh I find Kareem's longevity to be more impressive considering several factors like, his size, the fact that he played 3 years in college, the quality and accessibility of medicine and, uh, at-home supplements in the '60s, '70s & '80s compared to today, the quality of shoes they wore then compared to today, and that Kareem had to endure deep playoff runs, usually to the Finals, all the way until he retired.

Not even hating on Lebron, who's durability and longevity is incredibly impressive, but I truly don't understand how Kareem's body was able to endure as much as it did.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,751

Post#43 » by scrabbarista » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:42 pm

Goomba3666 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Heej wrote:LeBron played plumbers in the East and won 8 straight. Jordan played plumbers in the 90s and the best he could do was win 6 out of 8

6 of 8? He wasn't there a full season then almost a 2nd full season but he came back with 17 games remaining in the season. There's no 6 of 8 you obviously are too young to have watched that era. Also you're comparing winning the East to winning a championship why does Lebron have less rings in more years? Jordan did not play plumbers in the Finals.

Most of his fans consider finals appearances as championships due to how how unlikely he was to win against a Western Conference team

To be fair to them, I think they consider them as half championships: in their minds, he has 7 titles!

Never mind that his teams went 6 and 24 in the Finals losses and wouldn't have got out of the First Round in the West in some of those seasons.
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,573

Post#44 » by One_and_Done » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:54 pm

He's the GOAT because he is better at basketball than anyone else.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,865

Post#45 » by Iwasawitness » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He's not, imagine how many titles the other greats would have if they left teams every 4-5 years for other situations in which the team they're going to got several top 3 picks before they got there. What if Jordan had decided to join the Bucks in his return and told them to trade Baker & Robinson for Barkley or Reggie, of course they'd win and you could point to it as him going to a bad team. But, we all know deep down exactly what the play was there.

I think he underachieved in terms of winning titles, after he left the Cavs he went to situations in which the teams had tons of assets to move, he was like a cut throat CEO finding the best situation to go to and strip mine the company of assets before bailing with a golden parachute (titles).

Probably not as much as you think. Not to mention, Jordan definitely isn't winning a championship on that Bucks team with the kind of trades you are describing.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,457

Post#46 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:20 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He's not, imagine how many titles the other greats would have if they left teams every 4-5 years for other situations in which the team they're going to got several top 3 picks before they got there. What if Jordan had decided to join the Bucks in his return and told them to trade Baker & Robinson for Barkley or Reggie, of course they'd win and you could point to it as him going to a bad team. But, we all know deep down exactly what the play was there.

I think he underachieved in terms of winning titles, after he left the Cavs he went to situations in which the teams had tons of assets to move, he was like a cut throat CEO finding the best situation to go to and strip mine the company of assets before bailing with a golden parachute (titles).

Probably not as much as you think. Not to mention, Jordan definitely isn't winning a championship on that Bucks team with the kind of trades you are describing.

Probably a lot more than 6 that he had. Plain and simple, LeBron tried to stack the deck in his favor, no other NBA superstar has team hopped like him. I could see going back to the Cavs, but then he left for the Lakers and did the exact same thing there that he did when he went back to the Cavs. Wait for the team to accrue assets, then show up and force them to trade all of them for one of his "guys".

I'm just thankful that the Warriors existed and stopped him from getting 3 more with his lame tactic. I respect player movement to a point, but what he did was just corny and painfully obvious.
Iwasawitness
Starter

Post#47 » by Iwasawitness » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:39 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Probably a lot more than 6 that he had. Plain and simple, LeBron tried to stack the deck in his favor, no other NBA superstar has team hopped like him. I could see going back to the Cavs, but then he left for the Lakers and did the exact same thing there that he did when he went back to the Cavs. Wait for the team to accrue assets, then show up and force them to trade all of them for one of his "guys".

I'm just thankful that the Warriors existed and stopped him from getting 3 more with his lame tactic. I respect player movement to a point, but what he did was just corny and painfully obvious.

Please do explain how Jordan wins a lot more than six. Explain the plausible and realistic scenarios where Jordan’s able for form a team in the first place that compliments him well enough to the point where he can win more than six. This should be good.

D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,368

Post#48 » by D.Brasco » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:41 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:Tbh I find Kareem's longevity to be more impressive considering several factors like, his size, the fact that he played 3 years in college, the quality and accessibility of medicine and, uh, at-home supplements in the '60s, '70s & '80s compared to today, the quality of shoes they wore then compared to today, and that Kareem had to endure deep playoff runs, usually to the Finals, all the way until he retired.

Not even hating on Lebron, who's durability and longevity is incredibly impressive, but I truly don't understand how Kareem's body was able to endure as much as it did.

Kareem himself stated he would have retired a few years earlier had Magic not come along for him to hand the reins to. Kareem took amazing care of his body but Magic being drafted in 1979 is what set up his greatest successes.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,753

Post#49 » by KembaWalker » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:54 am

MJ turned down an invite from Phil Jackson to join him on the Lakers and probably get another 3 peat, if he’d felt like it. MJ wasn’t as desperate as some other guys though
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,725

Post#50 » by GameOver25 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:59 am

Nah, can't find a reason why.
CM17
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#51 » by CM17 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:01 am

Problem with comparing his longevity to other greats is they didn't have the opportunity to enter the NBA after high school. Kareem scored 38K in 20 years starting at 22, while Lebron started at the age of 18.
Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 457

Post#52 » by Hair Jordan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:02 am

Lebron will never be the GOAT. You can’t be upside down in the Finals (4-6) and have a legitimate GOAT case. All the stats in the world won’t push him over the finish line. It’s like Dan Marino in the NFL; all the stats in the world and upside down in the Super Bowl (0-1). Not the GOAT over guys like Montana (4-0) or Brady (7-3). It’s like Wilt Chamberlain; all the stats in the world, owns the record book, upside down in the Finals (2-4). Not the GOAT. Wilt was never seriously considered the GOAT over Russell or Kareem because he was a LOSER on the biggest stage, The Finals. Lebron is also a LOSER on the biggest stage. Furthermore, Lebron’s epic no show in the 2011 Finals can’t be ignored and will never be forgotten. You can’t pull a disappearing act while dropping 3 straight games to blow a 2-1 lead. Additionally, he’s lucky Ray Allen hit that shot and Golden State blew a 3-1 lead, otherwise he’d be 2-8 in the Finals. Moreover, Lebron was and is a stat chaser and a ring chaser. Stacking the deck in your favor in order to grab rings will never enhance Lebron’s legacy. It’s a shortcut and unbecoming a player who wants to be the GOAT. Chasing stats by refusing to take shot clock buzzer beaters and half court heaves at the end of quarters to protect your FG% is gutless and detrimental to your own team. In addition, real GOATS aren’t frantically trying to push their own case by constantly crowning themselves, announcing that they’re the greatest ever, demanding their “damn respect” at award shows or stating that they went to the “Lebron James of foot doctors” after they had surgery. :lol: It’s downright comical, reeks of desperation and is unbecoming of a real GOAT. Would anyone consider Tom Brady the GOAT if he was 4-6 in Super Bowls like Lebron is in Finals? Would anyone consider Brady the GOAT if he was 1-3 in Super Bowls against Peyton Manning like Lebron is against Steph Curry? Of course not. Why would anyone consider Lebron the GOAT then?

Lebron vs HOF opponents in the Finals:

Duncan 1-2
Manu 1-2
Tony Parker 1-2
Dirk 0-1
Kidd 0-1
Durant 1-2
Curry 1-3
Klay 1-3
Draymond 1-3

Jordan vs HOF opponents in the Finals:

Magic 1-0
Worthy 1-0
Drexler 1-0
Barkley 1-0
Kevin Johnson 1-0
Payton 1-0
Kemp 1-0
Karl Malone 2-0
Stockton 2-0
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,457

Post#53 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:02 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Please do explain how Jordan wins a lot more than six. Explain the plausible and realistic scenarios where Jordan’s able for form a team in the first place that compliments him well enough to the point where he can win more than six. This should be good.

How can I explain plausible realistic scenario around a hypothetical? We have LeBron team hopping multiple times and doing the same tactic in 2 instances, why would Jordan be less successful employing the same tactic? I just used the Bucks as an example, what if Jordan came back in 95 and joined the Magic, which would be similar to LeBron joining the Heat. What if in 89 after another playoffs flame out he had left and joined the Spurs, they were coming off a 21-61 season and were getting a rookie Robinson, would have been similar to LeBron joining Kyrie + all their lottery picks.

Do you think Jordan and Robinson wouldn't have ran the decade? There's many instances I can point to and just ask what if Jordan had played it like LeBron. You don't even need to use LeBron either, Dirk probably has 2-3 titles if he pushes for a trade or signs with lets say the Magic in 07, he had a ETO around that time. Does he not end up in a better situation being paired with Dwight? The main point is, nobody else has done what LeBron did, looking for the absolute best situation to come into and then have them make moves because they had recent lottery picks, I don't even need to bring up the Heat that much either, just going back to the Cavs and then the Lakers while employing the same method is enough. Trade for Love, trade for AD, make ancillary trades around that, title, rinse and repeat. If he were younger he'd do it again, probably the Rockets.
Hair Jordan
Sophomore

Post#54 » by Hair Jordan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:16 am

JustBuzzin wrote:There’s one thing about Lebron that nobody ever talks about or even remembers; he has done it at an elite level for 2 straight decades!

Think about that. The moment this man stepped in the league he has been elite. Now think about the pain and beating he has took over those 2 decades. This man is not only a great player, but he is also the most durable athlete of all-time. We never give credit to Lebron for his durability. This guy has stood the test of time and is still playing minutes like he is in his prime. Not only is he the GOAT player, but he is also the GOAT at physical conditioning. Lebron took care of his body throughout his entire career. He invested millions in his training the hard work and dedication it takes to do that for 20+ years is crazy.

I was on the MJ bandwagon for a long time, but I think the durability of Lebron has made him my official GOAT over the past few years. MJ has more championships, but he doesn't have the better stats. Lebron makes up for championships with his stats. He's gonna finish top 5 in a lot of major categories when all is said in done. That's why he's the GOAT in my opinion.

Longevity was never a factor in GOAT debates until Bronsexuals brought it up because they’re clutching at straws. Nobody ever mentioned Kareem’s longevity (which is even more impressive since he played 4 years in college in addition to 20 years in the NBA) as a factor in his GOAT case. Longevity led to Karl Malone scoring more points and grabbing more rebounds than Jordan, Kobe, Magic and Bird. By your logic, he’s more of a GOAT than they are :lol:
Hair Jordan
Sophomore

Post#55 » by Hair Jordan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:18 am

:P :lol:
Heej wrote:LeBron played plumbers in the East and won 8 straight. Jordan played plumbers in the 90s and the best he could do was win 6 out of 8

Nobody ever cared about conference championships until bronsexuals brought it up to try and offset his losing Finals record (4-6). Nobody was saying Magic Johnson was the GOAT in 1991 because he made it to 9 Finals in 12 seasons :lol:
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,636

Post#56 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:28 am

Might as well crown Russell Westbrook the GOAT for averaging a triple double spanning multiple seasons. Lebron could not even average that. If stats were everything and winning takes a backseat to stats, give me Russell Westbrook. Better than Lebron.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,612

Post#57 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:31 am

Hair Jordan wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:There’s one thing about Lebron that nobody ever talks about or even remembers; he has done it at an elite level for 2 straight decades!

Think about that. The moment this man stepped in the league he has been elite. Now think about the pain and beating he has took over those 2 decades. This man is not only a great player, but he is also the most durable athlete of all-time. We never give credit to Lebron for his durability. This guy has stood the test of time and is still playing minutes like he is in his prime. Not only is he the GOAT player, but he is also the GOAT at physical conditioning. Lebron took care of his body throughout his entire career. He invested millions in his training the hard work and dedication it takes to do that for 20+ years is crazy.

I was on the MJ bandwagon for a long time, but I think the durability of Lebron has made him my official GOAT over the past few years. MJ has more championships, but he doesn't have the better stats. Lebron makes up for championships with his stats. He's gonna finish top 5 in a lot of major categories when all is said in done. That's why he's the GOAT in my opinion.

Longevity was never a factor in GOAT debates until Bronsexuals brought it up because they’re clutching at straws. Nobody ever mentioned Kareem’s longevity (which is even more impressive since he played 4 years in college in addition to 20 years in the NBA) as a factor in his GOAT case. Longevity led to Karl Malone scoring more points and grabbing more rebounds than both Jordan or Kobe. By your logic, he’s more of a GOAT than they are :lol:
It's sad you can't recognize greatness when you see it.

Calling people "Bronsexuals" kind of shows your hate for his greatness. I understand hate comes with being great. Keep hating my guy. 8-)
Iwasawitness
Starter

Post#58 » by Iwasawitness » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:37 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:How can I explain plausible realistic scenario around a hypothetical? We have LeBron team hopping multiple times and doing the same tactic in 2 instances, why would Jordan be less successful employing the same tactic?

Because for starters, that's not how this works. You can't just apply the "it worked for one player, why wouldn't it work for the other" argument and expect that to fly. That's a lazy and contrived narrative that can be picked apart with even the slightest amount of thought being put into it.

LeBron and Jordan have drastically different playstyles. LeBron controls the offense a lot more, is more adaptable and can impact the game in more ways. This is undeniable, regardless of which side of the fence you are on (note that this doesn't mean I'm calling LeBron the better player, I am simply stating a point in regards to this comparison). That in return allows LeBron to play within different systems. Jordan's not capable of doing that. His style of play would have a far more severe impact on his teammates than LeBron. People tend to forget that one of the key factors in Jordan thriving was having a coach who ran a system that was perfectly built for someone like him with teammates who fit him perfectly. LeBron never had this kind of fortune, in any of the situations he found himself in.

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:I just used the Bucks as an example, what if Jordan came back in 95 and joined the Magic, which would be similar to LeBron joining the Heat.

Again, if you even bothered giving ever so slight amount of thought into what you were saying, you wouldn't say something like this.

You're telling me that Jordan coming in and joining the Magic, who already had experience playing alongside each other, developed actual chemistry, and already had two star players, is similar to LeBron joining a team that practically had to start from scratch? LeBron wasn't the only one coming into the fray, Chris Bosh was also joining in on the matter. And I'm sorry, where is that second superstar that was already with Wade? Oh, he's not there? Okay, pretty bad start for your comparison. And what's this? Orlando doesn't have to fill out the rest of their roster with aged and in some cases way past their prime players who wouldn't get minutes on any other team? Well who are they getting? HORACE GRANT?! Well then in that case, this is absolutely nothing at all like LeBron joining the Magic (EDIT: Heat, I'm an idiot). It's more equivalent to Durant joining the Warriors if anything.

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:What if in 89 after another playoffs flame out he had left and joined the Spurs, they were coming off a 21-61 season and were getting a rookie Robinson, would have been similar to LeBron joining Kyrie + all their lottery picks.

And once again, no it wouldn't. This one I shouldn't have to explain. If I do, I am seriously questioning where your head is at in this process.

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Do you think Jordan and Robinson wouldn't have ran the decade?

Omg, I actually have to explain it.

Of course they would. But in what world is Kyrie Irving in ANYWAY comparable to David Robinson? You are talking about the guy who won an MVP award at one point for crying out loud. Irving on the other hand even at his best was never even in the conversation. David Robinson was an elite two way player who had a 70 point game once, on top of having a quadruple double, AND won DPOY at one point. Irving on the other hand, as gifted an offensive player as he is, was still at the end of the day a one dimensional player. In what way is Kyrie Irving comparable to David Robinson? You tell me. This is an incredibly silly comparison and you know it.

A more accurate one, if we're going on the flip side here (and by that I mean comparing to what Jordan/Robinson is) would be asking "what would happen if LeBron's Cavaliers got Dwight Howard in the draft after his rookie season". LeBron and Howard no doubt would run the decade. Hell, they'd probably have a dynasty comparable to Jordan's Bulls.

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:There's many instances I can point to and just ask what if Jordan had played it like LeBron. You don't even need to use LeBron either, Dirk probably has 2-3 titles if he pushes for a trade or signs with lets say the Magic in 07, he had a ETO around that time. Does he not end up in a better situation being paired with Dwight? The main point is, nobody else has done what LeBron did, looking for the absolute best situation to come into and then have them make moves because they had recent lottery picks, I don't even need to bring up the Heat that much either, just going back to the Cavs and then the Lakers while employing the same method is enough. Trade for Love, trade for AD, make ancillary trades around that, title, rinse and repeat. If he were younger he'd do it again, probably the Rockets.

You seem to be missing the point I'm trying to make. No one is denying that LeBron tried to put himself in more favorable situations. You are implying that Jordan would have automatically found immediate success far greater than what LeBron had if he took the path LeBron did.

Ignoring the fact that Jordan never needed too because he, unlike LeBron, was actually given what he needed to succeed, Jordan cannot adapt in the same matter to other systems LeBron can. Call it whatever you want. Hell, you can point out that LeBron IS the system and you'd be 100% correct on that, but that just adds further credibility to the point that just because it worked for one guy, that doesn't mean it's going to work for the other. Ask Kevin Durant how well being on other superteams has worked out for him. It's not easy and more often than not, it doesn't work. LeBron succeeding at it twice has made people think it's a sure-fire way to success and it's not.

Hair Jordan
Sophomore

Post#59 » by Hair Jordan » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:40 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:How can I explain plausible realistic scenario around a hypothetical? We have LeBron team hopping multiple times and doing the same tactic in 2 instances, why would Jordan be less successful employing the same tactic?

Because for starters, that's not how this works. You can't just apply the "it worked for one player, why wouldn't it work for the other" argument and expect that to fly. That's a lazy and contrived narrative that can be picked apart with even the slightest amount of thought being put into it.

LeBron and Jordan have drastically different playstyles. LeBron controls the offense a lot more, is more adaptable and can impact the game in more ways. This is undeniable, regardless of which side of the fence you are on (note that this doesn't mean I'm calling LeBron the better player, I am simply stating a point in regards to this comparison). That in return allows LeBron to play within different systems. Jordan's not capable of doing that. His style of play would have a far more severe impact on his teammates than LeBron. People tend to forget that one of the key factors in Jordan thriving was having a coach who ran a system that was perfectly built for someone like him with teammates who fit him perfectly. LeBron never had this kind of fortune, in any of the situations he found himself in.

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:I just used the Bucks as an example, what if Jordan came back in 95 and joined the Magic, which would be similar to LeBron joining the Heat.

Again, if you even bothered giving ever so slight amount of thought into what you were saying, you wouldn't say something like this.

You're telling me that Jordan coming in and joining the Magic, who already had experience playing alongside each other, developed actual chemistry, and already had two star players, is similar to LeBron joining a team that practically had to start from scratch? LeBron wasn't the only one coming into the fray, Chris Bosh was also joining in on the matter. And I'm sorry, where is that second superstar that was already with Wade? Oh, he's not there? Okay, pretty bad start for your comparison. And what's this? Orlando doesn't have to fill out the rest of their roster with aged and in some cases way past their prime players who wouldn't get minutes on any other team? Well who are they getting? HORACE GRANT?! Well then in that case, this is absolutely nothing at all like LeBron joining the Magic (EDIT: Heat, I'm an idiot). It's more equivalent to Durant joining the Warriors if anything.

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:What if in 89 after another playoffs flame out he had left and joined the Spurs, they were coming off a 21-61 season and were getting a rookie Robinson, would have been similar to LeBron joining Kyrie + all their lottery picks.

And once again, no it wouldn't. This one I shouldn't have to explain. If I do, I am seriously questioning where your head is at in this process.

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Do you think Jordan and Robinson wouldn't have ran the decade?

Of course they would. But in what world is Kyrie Irving in ANYWAY comparable to David Robinson? You are talking about the guy who won an MVP award at one point for crying out loud. Irving on the other hand even at his best was never even in the conversation. David Robinson was an elite two way player who had a 70 point game once, on top of having a quadruple double, AND won DPOY at one point. Irving on the other hand, as gifted an offensive player as he is, was still at the end of the day a one dimensional player. In what way is Kyrie Irving comparable to David Robinson? You tell me. This is an incredibly silly comparison and you know it.

A more accurate one, if we're going on the flip side here (and by that I mean comparing to what Jordan/Robinson is) would be asking "what would happen if LeBron's Cavaliers got Dwight Howard in the draft after his rookie season". LeBron and Howard no doubt would run the decade. Hell, they'd probably have a dynasty comparable to Jordan's Bulls.

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:There's many instances I can point to and just ask what if Jordan had played it like LeBron. You don't even need to use LeBron either, Dirk probably has 2-3 titles if he pushes for a trade or signs with lets say the Magic in 07, he had a ETO around that time. Does he not end up in a better situation being paired with Dwight? The main point is, nobody else has done what LeBron did, looking for the absolute best situation to come into and then have them make moves because they had recent lottery picks, I don't even need to bring up the Heat that much either, just going back to the Cavs and then the Lakers while employing the same method is enough. Trade for Love, trade for AD, make ancillary trades around that, title, rinse and repeat. If he were younger he'd do it again, probably the Rockets.

You seem to be missing the point I'm trying to make. No one is denying that LeBron tried to put himself in more favorable situations. You are implying that Jordan would have automatically found immediate success far greater than what LeBron had if he took the path LeBron did.

Ignoring the fact that Jordan never needed too because he, unlike LeBron, was actually given what he needed to succeed, Jordan cannot adapt in the same matter to other systems LeBron can. Call it whatever you want. Hell, you can point out that LeBron IS the system and you'd be 100% correct on that, but that just adds further credibility to the point that just because it worked for one guy, that doesn't mean it's going to work for the other. Ask Kevin Durant how well being on other superteams has worked out for him. It's not easy and more often than not, it doesn't work. LeBron succeeding at it twice has made people think it's a sure-fire way to success and it's not.

Dumbest take ever. Give Jordan one All Star (Scottie Pippen) and he 3-peats. Give Jordan Pippen and 10 completely different teammates and he 3-peats again.
Iwasawitness
Starter

Post#60 » by Iwasawitness » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:42 am

Hair Jordan wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Dumbest take ever. Give Jordan one All Star (Scottie Pippen) and he 3-peats. Give Jordan Pippen and 10 completely different teammates and he 3-peats again.

You have no right to call anyone's take "dumb" after you just got done this saying abortion of a statement the other day:

Hair Jordan wrote:Jordan won titles in the ‘90’s with Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Ray Allen, KG etc in the league and all those guys won titles with Lebron in the league. So Lebron was getting his ass handed to him by ‘90’s players but go on with your anti 90’s rant. Enthrall me with your acumen :lol:

Do yourself a favor: stick to talking with trolls. Don't try doing this with people who are clearly smarter than you. It won't end well.

Return to The General Board