Main reason Lebron is the GOAT

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Re: Main reason Lebron is the GOAT 

Post#21 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 pm

C3H6N6O6 wrote:Why can't you guys have the GOAT debates in the offseason?
There is a very interesting playoff race in the West both at top and bottom among teams that are actually talented. A bunch of great games coming up as well as interesting discussions about MVP, DPOY and All-NBA teams.
Focus on them.

Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,741

Post#22 » by Message Boar » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:35 pm

Respectfully, people give LeBron James credit for his longevity and durability plenty of times, it's just not that interesting of a trait to be witnesses to, even if it is impressive.
One Last Shot
Sixth Man
And1: 2,818

Post#23 » by One Last Shot » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He's not, imagine how many titles the other greats would have if they left teams every 4-5 years for other situations in which the team they're going to got several top 3 picks before they got there. What if Jordan had decided to join the Bucks in his return and told them to trade Baker & Robinson for Barkley or Reggie, of course they'd win and you could point to it as him going to a bad team. But, we all know deep down exactly what the play was there.

I think he underachieved in terms of winning titles, after he left the Cavs he went to situations in which the teams had tons of assets to move, he was like a cut throat CEO finding the best situation to go to and strip mine the company of assets before bailing with a golden parachute (titles).

Besides LeBron, which other Top 10-12 GOAT needed to leave their team because of incompetent FO?

MJ got Pippen in his 4th Season with Bulls

KAJ got Robertson in his 2nd season with Bucks

Magic got KAJ in his Rookie Season with Lakers

Bird got McHale, Parish in his 2nd Season with Celtics

Duncan got Robinson in his Rookie Season with the Spurs then Parker, Manu and Kawhi later in his career

Kobe got Shaq in his Rookie Season then Gasol later in his career

Shaq got Penny, Anderson and Grant with the Magic

Steph got Klay and Draymond in his 3rd Season with Warriors then KD later in his career

Hakeem got Samson in his Rookie Season with Rockets then Drexler later in his career

Russell and Chamberlain both got superstack team

even KD got Harden and Westbrook with Thunder

Who did LeBron got in his 1st 7 seasons with the Cavs he can build with and contend for NBA title? Hughes and Mo Williams? Pavlovic, Varejao and Boobie? Washed Shaq, Ben and Jamison? LeBron needed to be a villain and leave Cleveland in 2010 in order for them to win the best championship in NBA history coming back from 3-1 deficit against the 73-win Warriors dynasty in 2016 NBA Finals.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,071

Post#24 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:54 pm

Heej wrote:LeBron played plumbers in the East and won 8 straight. Jordan played plumbers in the 90s and the best he could do was win 6 out of 8

6 of 8? He wasn't there a full season then almost a 2nd full season but he came back with 17 games remaining in the season. There's no 6 of 8 you obviously are too young to have watched that era. Also you're comparing winning the East to winning a championship why does Lebron have less rings in more years? Jordan did not play plumbers in the Finals.
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#25 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:56 pm

There's too many GOAT arguments on realgm btw. They are pretty much pointless because no one changes their mind.
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 709

Post#26 » by UglyBugBall » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 pm

MJ has better stats. He's the only time leader in PPG, which is probably the most impactful stat in the game. What per game stat category does Lebron lead in again??
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#27 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:02 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:There's too many GOAT arguments on realgm btw. They are pretty much pointless because no one changes their mind.

I literally said I changed my mind on the GOAT a few years ago. I was team MJ. Longevity has won me over. Lebron still a top 10 player at 40 is cray cray. He's been elite for 2 decades. He's the GOAT.
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#28 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:There's too many GOAT arguments on realgm btw. They are pretty much pointless because no one changes their mind.

I literally said I changed my mind on the GOAT a few years ago. I was team MJ. Longevity has won me over. Lebron still a top 10 player at 40 is cray cray. He's been elite for 2 decades. He's the GOAT.

You didn't change your mind because of RealGM you changed your mind because of his longevity, that's not the same thing as what I'm talking about don't be obtuse.

There was already a thread about Lebron's longevity even.
norcocredo
Rookie
And1: 1,437

Post#29 » by norcocredo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 pm

It has been discussed plenty of times. Longevity is the only argument in Lebron’s favor in the G.O.A.T. Debate.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,748

Post#30 » by KembaWalker » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 pm

20 years of inferior play and achievement doesn’t do much for me, personally
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#31 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:11 pm

There's another thread about the Lakers free throw disparity for two years in a row being #1 in the NBA. I'm suspicious that the Lakers are purposely trying to get in the play offs as a play in team and then the Lakers, with help from refs will win it all from the play in. They made the WCF last year. Undisputed is already talking about it Paul Pierce one of Lebron's biggest haters is saying he will call him the GOAT if they win the title this year.

JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#32 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:15 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

You didn't change your mind because of RealGM you changed your mind because of his longevity, that's not the same thing as what I'm talking about don't be obtuse.

There was already a thread about Lebron's longevity even.

Do you know how many threads have been reposted about the same topic?
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#33 » by Damkac » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 pm

Funny how Lebron's fans think his longevity and total points scored puts him above Jordan yet none of them has Kareem above Jordan.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,858

Post#34 » by nikster » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He's not, imagine how many titles the other greats would have if they left teams every 4-5 years for other situations in which the team they're going to got several top 3 picks before they got there. What if Jordan had decided to join the Bucks in his return and told them to trade Baker & Robinson for Barkley or Reggie, of course they'd win and you could point to it as him going to a bad team. But, we all know deep down exactly what the play was there.

I think he underachieved in terms of winning titles, after he left the Cavs he went to situations in which the teams had tons of assets to move, he was like a cut throat CEO finding the best situation to go to and strip mine the company of assets before bailing with a golden parachute (titles).

Imagine how many titles other greats would have if them and their number 2 were locked into long term deals that paid them far below market value for most of their primes.

Based on what actually happened with his rosters I don't really see a case for Lebron underachieving outside of 2011.

The strip mining Cleveland argument is silly.they went to 4 straight finals and it only took 3 losing seasons for them to get a winning season with a good young core. Miami recovered just fine as well
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,254

Post#35 » by ShootersShoot » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:27 pm

Dont get me wrong..what hes doing is impressive, but not like hes won any more chips since the age where mj won his last.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,750

Post#36 » by VanWest82 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 pm

nikster wrote:

Imagine how many titles other greats would have if them and their number 2 were locked into long term deals that paid them far below market value for most of their primes.

Based on what actually happened with his rosters I don't really see a case for Lebron underachieving outside of 2011.

The strip mining Cleveland argument is silly.they went to 4 straight finals and it only took 3 losing seasons for them to get a winning season with a good young core. Miami recovered just fine as well

The CBA all but ensures that the best duos are underpaid. You think Wade was being paid what his market value actually was in 2011? Was AD being paid his actual market value in 2020?

Also, Lebron got a massive benefit in 2016 with the cap spike. Warriors did too but Cavs were one of the big beneficiaries. In other eras, they would've lost Tristan and Shump and not been able to pick up Channing Frye or Kyle Korver due to financial constraints.
donato
Junior
And1: 620

Post#37 » by donato » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
donato wrote:Lebron is a ring-chasing flopper on PEDS. If anything I’d remove him from top five consideration.

Bro so miserable he posted twice. How did you go from this is nonsense to full on hate mode. :lol:

Felt like it needed to be expanded upon for the casuals that buy into this nonsense.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,751

Post#38 » by scrabbarista » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26 pm

Damkac wrote:Funny how Lebron's fans think his longevity and total points scored puts him above Jordan yet none of them has Kareem above Jordan.

Actually, they all had Jordan higher until they decided James was goater than Jordan. Then they moved Jordan behind KAJ to hide their inconsistency.
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Post#39 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Heej wrote:LeBron played plumbers in the East and won 8 straight. Jordan played plumbers in the 90s and the best he could do was win 6 out of 8

6 of 8? He wasn't there a full season then almost a 2nd full season but he came back with 17 games remaining in the season. There's no 6 of 8 you obviously are too young to have watched that era. Also you're comparing winning the East to winning a championship why does Lebron have less rings in more years? Jordan did not play plumbers in the Finals.

Most of his fans consider finals appearances as championships due to how how unlikely he was to win against a Western Conference team
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#40 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:28 pm

Goomba3666 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Most of his fans consider finals appearances as championships due to how how unlikely he was to win against a Western Conference team

Yeah they just change reality for him like yesterday one of them said that a championship in the 2010's count as 2 championships for 1 in the 90's.

Return to The General Board