Congratulations Manny Harris, the worst +/- of all time now belongs to Scoot Henderson

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,527

Re: Congratulations Manny Harris, the worst +/- of all time now belongs to Scoot Henderson 

Post#2 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:04 am

Insane that as a rookie, he has 2 of the 3 worst +/- in the history of the stat.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,527

Re: Congratulations Manny Harris, the worst +/- of all time now belongs to Scoot Henderson 

Post#3 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:04 am

Actually the more that I look at it, pretty much 95% of those are from the last few years haha, but still.
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,168

Post#4 » by Pelon chingon » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:04 am

What's the deal is he a massive bust or what?
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,366

Post#5 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:09 am

Pelon chingon wrote:What's the deal is he a massive bust or what?

It's not been pretty.
He kinda plays like he's a star, except he really can't shoot or finish all that well.
Passing has just been ok from what I've seen.
So, yeah, not great. Athleticism is legit though, and he's apparently a gym rat, so not giving up on him yet.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SweaterBae
Rookie
And1: 1,579

Post#6 » by SweaterBae » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:13 am

Total bust.
DLoMor
Junior
And1: 494

Post#7 » by DLoMor » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:28 am

I remember that Manny Harris game, Lakers won by 55 points. Manny Harris was -57 in 41 minutes, that means that the 7 minutes that he was not on the floor, the Cavaliers outscored the Lakers by 2, wow.
Gary Cokeman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3,387

Post#8 » by Gary Cokeman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:31 am

Been tellin yall Elfrid Mudiay is ****
My Teams Always Suck.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,396

Post#9 » by baldur » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:40 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Insane that as a rookie, he has 2 of the 3 worst +/- in the history of the stat.

and he played only 54 games. feel for the guy.
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,741

Post#10 » by Message Boar » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:41 am

In fairness to Scoot, his personal stat line was okay-ish (20/6/6, 2 steals, a block and 7 to's) and the margin of defeat exceeded his +/- by two. His coach also left him in there for 41 minutes despite the massive deficit, which he really shouldn't have? Is it still Billups coaching? He really shouldn't be coaching that team any more. Also the heat raining 3's at 53.8% versus the Blazers bricking it up at 16.7% was a big factor.

Now having said that, I was thinking when he was drafted that Scoot looked more like a future Eric Bledsoe than Rose or Morant to me, and at this point, even that's a stretch. At least Bledsoe played defense at a high level.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,235

Post#11 » by monopoman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:05 am

Message Boar wrote:In fairness to Scoot, his personal stat line was okay-ish (20/6/6, 2 steals, a block and 7 to's) and the margin of defeat exceeded his +/- by two. His coach also left him in there for 41 minutes despite the massive deficit, which he really shouldn't have? Is it still Billups coaching? He really shouldn't be coaching that team any more. Also the heat raining 3's at 53.8% versus the Blazers bricking it up at 16.7% was a big factor.

Now having said that, I was thinking when he was drafted that Scoot looked more like a future Eric Bledsoe than Rose or Morant to me, and at this point, even that's a stretch. At least Bledsoe played defense at a high level.

The 3 point shot is the most important thing in the NBA in the year 2024 any team that shoots 16.7% from 3 is going to get blown out big time 999 times out of 1000.

Every player in this game from the Blazers that logged over 40 minutes had a horrendous +/- stat.
kiwinbafan05
Sophomore
And1: 449

Post#12 » by kiwinbafan05 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:07 am

People were laughing at the Hornets for drafting Miller, it looks like they made the right choice.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,442

Post#13 » by Rendei » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:09 am

The results have been tragic this year, but I do see the potential. The G-League's development system seems to be as putrid as most of us suspected. Jalen Green is finally starting to turn it around.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#14 » by perempe20 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:22 am

Message Boar wrote:In fairness to Scoot, his personal stat line was okay-ish (20/6/6, 2 steals, a block and 7 to's) and the margin of defeat exceeded his +/- by two. His coach also left him in there for 41 minutes despite the massive deficit, which he really shouldn't have? Is it still Billups coaching? He really shouldn't be coaching that team any more. Also the heat raining 3's at 53.8% versus the Blazers bricking it up at 16.7% was a big factor.

Yeah, he even made 1 out of his 5 three point attempts, which was better than his team average (5/30 - 16.7%).
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,342

Post#15 » by Dr Aki » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:07 am

DLoMor wrote:I remember that Manny Harris game, Lakers won by 55 points. Manny Harris was -57 in 41 minutes, that means that the 7 minutes that he was not on the floor, the Cavaliers outscored the Lakers by 2, wow.

112-57, imo, was a bigger drubbing than a 142-82 loss

The Lakers scored 96% more points than the Cavs, vs the Heat only scoring 73% more points than the Blazers
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,582

Post#16 » by Harry Garris » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:44 am

It would be premature to call a guy a bust after his first season, there have been rookies in the past that had very poor starts to their NBA career and then turned it around. But with that being said Scoot Henderson is a long way away from the player that he was hyped up to be.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Harry Garris » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:46 am

kiwinbafan05 wrote:People were laughing at the Hornets for drafting Miller, it looks like they made the right choice.

I was one of the few Blazers fans that was disappointed in the Scoot pick. I mean it's awesome that we got lucky in the lottery and moved up to #3 and there's still a chance that Scoot will be a good player. But I really loved Brandon Miller man...
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,305

Post#18 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:48 am

Harry Garris wrote:

It would be premature to call a guy a bust after his first season, there have been rookies in the past that had very poor starts to their NBA career and then turned it around. But with that being said Scoot Henderson is a long way away from the player that he was hyped up to be.

Ya most recent example being jalen suggs
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,578

Post#19 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:50 am

Some of you owe Brandon Miller an apology...
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by Harry Garris » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:51 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
Harry Garris wrote:

Ya most recent example being jalen suggs

Jalen Suggs was a hell of a defender even his rookie year. He just had a broken jumper. Scoot though doesn't have any elite skill yet so he doesn't even have the thing that you can point to with him and be like hey at least he can do this well.

Return to The General Board