Peaks: Lebron vs Jordan vs Shaq vs Jokic

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Joker
10%
Shaq
14%
MJ
57%
LeBron
18%

Total votes: 173

Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 569

Post#1 » by Gregoire » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:25 am

Which player of the 4 was more impactful and better in the vacuum player at their respective peaks?

Jordan, Jokic, LeBron or Shaq? Which player do you take for win with random team after you know how they actually played in the RS and PO? Or maybe suggest some other criteria to rank their peak value?

Rank them from 1 to 4 in these scenarios:

One peak Game in their respective leagues: ?

One peak Series in their respective leagues: ?

One Peak Season in their respective leagues: ?

One peak Game in current league: ?

One peak Series in current league: ?

One Peak Season in current league: ?
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them. :lol:
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,408

Re: Peaks: Lebron vs Jordan vs Shaq vs Jokic 

Post#2 » by TheNG » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:18 am

MJ, and it's not even close.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,402

Post#3 » by baldur » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:24 am

still mj. all these accolades, and parameters are actually what makes him GOAT. .
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,461

Post#4 » by PierceFan4ever » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:34 am

Jordan
Shaq
Jokic
Lebron
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 902

Post#5 » by FreeBird23 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:38 am

MJ
Shaq
Jokic
Lebron
Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,875

Post#6 » by Iwasawitness » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:40 am

Who do I have on my team? If I’m getting a team with a bunch of scrubs, I’m taking LeBron pretty easily.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,102

Post#7 » by SkyHookFTW » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:33 am

We don't know what Jokic's peak is yet.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,763

Post#8 » by KembaWalker » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:34 am

MJ = Jokic > LeBron > Shaq
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,046

Post#9 » by Drakeem » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:20 pm

Putting MJ over Shaq is nuts to me if we're just considering top play. We're not debating careers; we're saying in a hypothetical situation where you take the absolute best version of someone. Peak Shaq is the greatest player the league has seen.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,118

Post#10 » by art_tatum » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:28 pm

If we are talking 1 or 2 year peaks Crazy that Lebron who some consider goat and most consider top 2/3 doesn't even have a top 5 peak

Jordan
Shaq
Wilt
Joker
Hakeem
Curry (maybeee)

I would say those peaked higher.

Then there's lebron bird magic kaj Giannis luka
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,763

Post#11 » by KembaWalker » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:33 pm

Drakeem wrote:Putting MJ over Shaq is nuts to me if we're just considering top play. We're not debating careers; we're saying in a hypothetical situation where you take the absolute best version of someone. Peak Shaq is the greatest player the league has seen.

I ranked Shaq last cause I’m considering peak as if I had to win a game tomorrow and I get this guy on the best day of their life and with Shaq, even on the best day of his life, can still be a handicap in the 4th. I mean, maybe on the best day of his life even Shaq hits his free throws, but not sure that’s a gamble I’d be willing to take
Petergrifindor
Rookie
And1: 1,441

Post#12 » by Petergrifindor » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:35 pm

Drakeem wrote:Putting MJ over Shaq is nuts to me if we're just considering top play. We're not debating careers; we're saying in a hypothetical situation where you take the absolute best version of someone. Peak Shaq is the greatest player the league has seen.

Nah, MJ was better than the best Shaq.

Highest level of basketball best 3 years:

MJ
Shaq
Lebron/Jokic (I put them on the same level).
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 712

Post#13 » by UglyBugBall » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:43 pm

How is Jokic in this conversation? Lol
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 712

Post#14 » by UglyBugBall » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:46 pm

Shaqs free throw shooting is too much of a weakness to have him over Jordan. MJs game had no weakness, and so regardless of how a game plays out, how close it is or how he's defended he'll always have a counter to it. With Shaq you can be in a situation where he becomes a liability.
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 902

Post#15 » by FreeBird23 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:26 pm

KembaWalker wrote:

I ranked Shaq last cause I’m considering peak as if I had to win a game tomorrow and I get this guy on the best day of their life and with Shaq, even on the best day of his life, can still be a handicap in the 4th. I mean, maybe on the best day of his life even Shaq hits his free throws, but not sure that’s a gamble I’d be willing to take

Read on Twitter

I really think this narrative is false. Shaq was always clutch in the 4th in the playoffs. When it counts.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,537

Post#16 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:46 pm

I'm not doing 6 different scenario rankings but just to simi answer.

Peak game - I'd say it's still MJ but Lebron might be close.
Peak series - it just has to be Shaq, there were series that the other team just didn't physically have the personnel to deal with him.
Season - I could see Jokic, MJ or Lebron here. Gun to head I might go with Jokic. Shaq missed too many games in his best years imo. 2000 shaq was insane though.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,837

Post#17 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:53 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:

Shaqs free throw shooting is too much of a weakness to have him over Jordan. MJs game had no weakness, and so regardless of how a game plays out, how close it is or how he's defended he'll always have a counter to it. With Shaq you can be in a situation where he becomes a liability.

Not sure if you watched, but I've followed Shaqs career on the Lakers I have watched a lot of his games. Yes he is a liability in free throws and usually he does so when the game isn't a play off or crucial game. There were PLENTY of games when we had the big lead and he just gets fouled and doesn't try to focus on the free throws. Even Chick Hearn made mention to this during the broadcasts so many times.

When the games were tight or they were playoffs or a game was important and in the crucial moments (and there were a lot) Shaq was a very high free throw shooter.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,837

Post#18 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:57 pm

I put lebron and Shaq on top.

I like mj but you can't surround him with a mediocre team and expect him to do anything. Not sure if you all remember during the second stint, there was a period when scottie was injured for a while and mj was swarmed every game and couldn't barely a 500 level team during that time. I recall the sportscasters saying that mj really needed pippen to be back to be a fully effective bulls team.

jokic? lol
We'll see but I'm wondering why he's even being mentioned in this list.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,826

Post#19 » by Marrrcuss » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:07 pm

This.
I mean, the MJ fans are loyal to a fault to their guy.

Im a bron guy but nothing compares to shaq at his peak.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,823

Post#20 » by NZB2323 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:12 pm

Shaq has weaknesses. His free throw shooting and pick and roll defense. If I’m playing against Shaq now I do the hack-a-Shaq strategy and put him in pick and rolls to get open 3s.

Return to The General Board