Tuesday 4/9 NBA Game Thread

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Heat
13%
@ Hawks
6%
Celtics
14%
@ Bucks
7%
Kings
6%
@ Thunder
12%
Warriors
12%
@ Lakers
13%
Clippers
9%
@ Suns
9%

Total votes: 86

giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,854

Re: Tuesday 4/9 NBA Game Thread 

Post#521 » by giberish » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:05 am

ChipotleWest wrote:Lakers now lead GS by only half a game, Lakers have 2 games left GS has 3. GS has tiebreaker. If both win out or both lose 1 GS would get 9th Lakers would get 10th.

Lakers and GS both face New Orleans, but Lakers have to go to New Orleans while New Orleans has to go to GS.

The Lakers other game is Memphis

GS other games are Utah and Portland.

Easy schedule outside both of them facing New Orleans which doesn't help the Lakers. I think Lakers finish 10th.

It's not quite that simple as all the teams from 6-10 play each other.

Sac is only 1 game up on GS, 1 behind PHx and 2 behind NO, they have games left against Phx and NO (and what should be a win over Portland). Lose even one and they could be caught by LA and/or GS. Lose both and they're probably 10th.

Phx plays the Kings, as well as a rematch with the Clippers in LA tomorrow and finishes with Minny who might need the game for seeding (or might not). Not impossible for them to lose 2 more games.

NO finishes with GS, Sac and LAL. Could clearly establish themselves at 6th but facing only motivated opponents could fall into the play=ins (and possibly even below the 7-8 game if things fall apart).
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,391

Post#522 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:06 am

PeteyPablo wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Crazy that Westbrook could still average a triple double if he were in the right position to do so lol.

16 points on 17 shots.. but yea westbrook fans will gloat tonight

16 pts , 15 assists and 15 rebounds

2-4 3’s

Terrance Mann 17 pts and 10 rebounds

No Kawhi and No Harden

Back to LA for the back to back

I wasn't even trying to gloat, just found the 15 rebs and 15 asts really impressive for a guy who's had his role completely reduced the past few years.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,391

Post#523 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:08 am

Can someone tell me how the Bucks/Celtics game only had 2 FTs the entire game? Like I get the Celtics just launch 3s but not 1 FT? Lol
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,017

Post#524 » by ejftw » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:10 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
ejftw wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
A straw man and another straw man. How do people think this is a good way to discuss anything?

Must be the same way people think throwing in the towel of a seventeen point game entering the final frame of a vital game is a good way to coach.

When the circumstances give you an extremely small chance of winning and a significant price to pay for that extremely small chance of winning, yes. Why don't you try to counter the actual points I'm making instead of making straw men and broad/absolute statements that aren't applicable to this game?

Maybe you think the Lakers had a decent chance to win? Or maybe you think a sick, 39-year old LeBron expending a ton of energy in a game he has almost no chance of winning is perfectly harmless? I can only guess what you think because you'd rather make straw men arguments than tell me.

LC also has a very, even smaller actually, chance. So why did they bother?

I guess Phoenix also should've rested KD and Beal when they were down 30 in the third as those two have had injury issues and play tomorrow night. Forget the fact that they made it interesting.
MyTake_1
Sophomore
And1: 134

Post#525 » by MyTake_1 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:16 am

garrick wrote:
MyTake_1 wrote:Suns will not make PO, that will be wild.

Odds are we make the playin at least but at this point it would be better to miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick because this is the last one we are getting in the next 5 years most likely due to the 2nd apron rules.

The bench is just way too thin and the big 3 are wildly inconsistent from one game to the next.

Need more size and toughness in the middle and Eubanks & Nurkic are not the solution.

Suns have 3 away games vs tough teams that all meed wins. They put themselves in a really bad spot.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,539

Post#526 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:17 am

ejftw wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
ejftw wrote:
Must be the same way people think throwing in the towel of a seventeen point game entering the final frame of a vital game is a good way to coach.

When the circumstances give you an extremely small chance of winning and a significant price to pay for that extremely small chance of winning, yes. Why don't you try to counter the actual points I'm making instead of making straw men and broad/absolute statements that aren't applicable to this game?

Maybe you think the Lakers had a decent chance to win? Or maybe you think a sick, 39-year old LeBron expending a ton of energy in a game he has almost no chance of winning is perfectly harmless? I can only guess what you think because you'd rather make straw men arguments than tell me.

I guess Phoenix also should've rested KD and Beal when they were down 30 in the third as those two have had injury issues and play tomorrow night. Forget the fact that they made it interesting.

When you refuse to discuss the details of the actual game in question and instead bring up a soccer league multiple times, you may not have a great case.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,338

Post#527 » by SpreeS » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:18 am

Mrakar wrote:What would happen in case of 5 team tie, which is possible conaidering schedule.
Pels lose all 3(Kings, Warrirors, Lakers)
Suns win 1 vs Kings lose vs Minny and Clippers
Kings win 2 vs Pelicans and Blazers and lose vs Suns.
Warriors win their games, Lakers win their games.

That means Suns, Pelicans, Kings, Lakers and Warriors all have 47-35 record. What is the order in that case?

by this senario

6th SAC 10-8
7th GSW 8-7
8th PHO 9-8
9th Nola 7-8
10th LAL 7-10
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,155

Post#528 » by ChipotleWest » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:18 am

Mrakar wrote:What would happen in case of 5 team tie, which is possible conaidering schedule.

That means Suns, Pelicans, Kings, Lakers and Warriors all have 47-35 record. What is the order in that case?

Golden State would have tiebreaker over New Orleans due to better head to head record 2-1
Golden State would have tiebreaker over Lakers due to better head to head record 3-1
Phoenix would have tiebreaker over Golden State due to better head to head record 3-1
Sacramento would have tiebreaker over Golden State due to better division record head to head they tied 2-2
Lakers would have tiebreaker over New Orleans due to better head to head record 3-1
Phoenix would have tiebreaker over New Orleans due to better head to head record 2-1
New Orleans would have tiebreaker over Sacramento due to better head to head record 3-1
Lakers would have tiebreaker over Phoenix due to better head to head 3-1
Sacramento would have tiebreaker over Phoenix due to better division record head to head they tied 2-2
Sacramento would have tiebreaker over Lakers due to better head to head record 4-0

It's a calculation of head to head winning percentage amongst all teams tied. It looks like Sacramento would do well because they have 3 tiebreakers in their favor, I guess they would be the top team. No idea the others.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#529 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:21 am

giberish wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Lakers now lead GS by only half a game, Lakers have 2 games left GS has 3. GS has tiebreaker. If both win out or both lose 1 GS would get 9th Lakers would get 10th.

Lakers and GS both face New Orleans, but Lakers have to go to New Orleans while New Orleans has to go to GS.

The Lakers other game is Memphis

GS other games are Utah and Portland.

Easy schedule outside both of them facing New Orleans which doesn't help the Lakers. I think Lakers finish 10th.

It's not quite that simple as all the teams from 6-10 play each other.

Sac is only 1 game up on GS, 1 behind PHx and 2 behind NO, they have games left against Phx and NO (and what should be a win over Portland). Lose even one and they could be caught by LA and/or GS. Lose both and they're probably 10th.

Phx plays the Kings, as well as a rematch with the Clippers in LA tomorrow and finishes with Minny who might need the game for seeding (or might not). Not impossible for them to lose 2 more games.

NO finishes with GS, Sac and LAL. Could clearly establish themselves at 6th but facing only motivated opponents could fall into the play=ins (and possibly even below the 7-8 game if things fall apart).

When I look at the schedule of all 5 teams and give my best guess as to how they'll finish, they all wind up at 47-35.

Pelicans: 0-3
Suns: 1-2
Warriors: 3-0
Lakers: 2-0
Kings: 2-1

It's unlikely of course, but it can happen.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant

Post#530 » by SpreeS » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:38 am

ChipotleWest wrote:

Golden State would have tiebreaker over New Orleans due to better head to head record 2-1
Golden State would have tiebreaker over Lakers due to better head to head record 3-1
Phoenix would have tiebreaker over Golden State due to better head to head record 3-1
Sacramento would have tiebreaker over Golden State due to better division record head to head they tied 2-2
Lakers would have tiebreaker over New Orleans due to better head to head record 3-1
Phoenix would have tiebreaker over New Orleans due to better head to head record 2-1
New Orleans would have tiebreaker over Sacramento due to better head to head record 3-1
Lakers would have tiebreaker over Phoenix due to better head to head 3-1
Sacramento would have tiebreaker over Phoenix due to better division record head to head they tied 2-2
Sacramento would have tiebreaker over Lakers due to better head to head record 4-0

It's a calculation of head to head winning percentage amongst all teams tied. It looks like Sacramento would do well because they have 3 tiebreakers in their favor, I guess they would be the top team. No idea the others.

TIEBREAKER BASIS FOR MULTI-WAY TIES:

(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
(2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
(3) Division won-lost percentage for teams in the same division
(4) Conference won-lost percentage
(5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(7) Net Points, all games
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#531 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:53 am

SpreeS wrote:
TIEBREAKER BASIS FOR MULTI-WAY TIES:

(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
(2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
(3) Division won-lost percentage for teams in the same division
(4) Conference won-lost percentage
(5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(7) Net Points, all games

I just want to know how a 5-way tiebreak between these teams plays out, but I don't want to do the work. It's basically just a matter of adding up head to head records, but still.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,909

Post#532 » by jkvonny » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

jkvonny wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
jkvonny wrote:Wow! The Bulls.... lol
Yall will find out what happened soon,. SMDH.
:o :lol:

Poor injury as well. Hope he's OK.

Lmao what happened I'm curious?

Loonnnng story. But, I'll wait til someone post on Twitter or youtube. Then will post here.

Its hilarious.......then tragic at the same time.

Basically, a steal, breakaway, could have been an easy lay up up or dunk. Bulls player bounces it off the backboard for a circus dunk, Drummond runs up behind him and blocks his own teammates dunk (looked like a double dunk). Then, the Knicks regains rebound.
Then Drummond gets injured at the other end playing defense at the rim. Looks like a leg or ankle injury.

Donovan was furious calling TO.

The full sequence.

SpreeS
Lead Assistant

Post#533 » by SpreeS » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:55 am

Orlando could fall from 3rd place to 8th just in 4 games period...wow. Lost to Hou was huge today. Next 3 games with PHI and 2 with MIL.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#534 » by jkvonny » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:00 am

The Kings would benefit the most out of all of this. They basically would just have to win 2 more games. Get the 6th spot.

The Pels/Suns/GSW/Lakers are a mumbo jumbo in the play in order.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#535 » by cdubbz » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:00 am

Jamal Crawford just doesn’t have the timing down with the crew he’s with. He keeps interrupting or talking over or yelling things that ruins the flow
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,103

Post#536 » by Johnny Tomala » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:51 am

2/5 - Heat, Thunder correct picks.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,023

Post#537 » by garrick » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:06 am

jkvonny wrote:
jkvonny wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Lmao what happened I'm curious?

Loonnnng story. But, I'll wait til someone post on Twitter or youtube. Then will post here.

Its hilarious.......then tragic at the same time.

Basically, a steal, breakaway, could have been an easy lay up up or dunk. Bulls player bounces it off the backboard for a circus dunk, Drummond runs up behind him and blocks his own teammates dunk (looked like a double dunk). Then, the Knicks regains rebound.
Then Drummond gets injured at the other end playing defense at the rim. Looks like a leg or ankle injury.

Donovan was furious calling TO.

The full sequence.

Drummond didn't actually touch Craig on that play if you look at the replay.

Just a dumb play and Crag should have passed it to White on the break but got greedy. :crazy:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,172

Post#538 » by DaGawd » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:07 am

Johnny Tomala wrote:2/5 - Heat, Thunder correct picks.

maybe this picking thing isn’t for you lol
BaF
Washington Wizards
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,017

Post#539 » by ejftw » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:08 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
ejftw wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

When you refuse to discuss the details of the actual game in question and instead bring up a soccer league multiple times, you may not have a great case.

Ah so the Suns also should have just sat everyone after half time.

Got you
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#540 » by jkvonny » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:12 am

DaGawd wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:2/5 - Heat, Thunder correct picks.

maybe this picking thing isn’t for you lol

Tuff Nite.

Heat almost lost in OT to the Hawks. Kings choked away a huge lead to the Thunder.

0-5 was very possible.

Return to The General Board