All NBA teams - who you got?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,837

Re: All NBA teams - who you got? 

Post#61 » by Marrrcuss » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

uncleoswald wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
uncleoswald wrote:I’d like to see Banchero get in. I can’t with two Lakers on the All-NBA team.

What's wrong with LeBron and Davis being All-NBA? Because they are Lakers?

I realize there are a few players (Mitchell, Embiid) who would probably get in over LeBron and Davis if they were healthy this year, but I still think it's absurd that two players from a play-in team are being considered.

Why would Mitchell get in over James or AD? Based on....?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,624

Post#62 » by Revived » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:10 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
uncleoswald wrote:I’d like to see Banchero get in. I can’t with two Lakers on the All-NBA team.

When was the last time an #8 seed or worse had 2 players make All NBA? I’m sure it’s probably happened but does seem extremely rare.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,531

Post#63 » by cupcakesnake » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:34 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
uncleoswald wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I realize there are a few players (Mitchell, Embiid) who would probably get in over LeBron and Davis if they were healthy this year, but I still think it's absurd that two players from a play-in team are being considered.

Statistically there's are plenty or arguments that you'd put Mitchell over one or the other or both. They're all in a similar tier.
EPM has Lebron (+5.9), Mitchell (+5.5), and AD (+4.5) all pretty close.
Browsing a lot of catchall metrics prefer Mitchell.

The Cavs played at a better win pace with Mitchell than the Lakers played with either AD/Lebron or both.

Ultimately we don't have to worry about it because Mitchell didn't stay healthy and therefore didn't qualify. AD and Lebron ultimately played 20 more games, and the Lakers are only 1 win less than the Cavs.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,837

Post#64 » by Marrrcuss » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pm

cupcakesnake wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:
uncleoswald wrote:

Statistically there's are plenty or arguments that you'd put Mitchell over one or the other or both. They're all in a similar tier.

The Cavs played at a better win pace with Mitchell than the Lakers played with either AD/Lebron or both.

Ultimately we don't have to worry about it because Mitchell didn't stay healthy and therefore didn't qualify. AD and Lebron ultimately played 20 more games, and the Lakers are only 1 win less than the Cavs.

Maybe the NBA could become a 2 man game so all the ring arguments and win totals would make sense. Otherwise, trying to judge it by wins is crazy. Even weirder is the fact every hater made themselves feel better about Brons run in the eastern conference by calling it the inferior conference but NOW, it doesnt factor in on wins. On god, i just wish folks were consistent with their arguments.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,040

Post#65 » by HMFFL » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:11 pm

It's a given that Lebron makes one of the teams. if you didn't include him you need to realize that certain things are a given.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,426

Post#66 » by Ambrose » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:25 pm

First two teams are obvious.

It's that third team that's a crapshoot. Curry, Haliburton, Booker, LeBron, Paul George, Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, Gobert are all various kinds of deserving.

The Lakers won 47 games. That's as many games as the 5th seed in the East. That's the 4th seed in the West last year. If all you see is "play-in", then you're not actually thinking too much.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,531

Post#67 » by cupcakesnake » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:10 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
cupcakesnake wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:Why would Mitchell get in over James or AD? Based on....?

Maybe the NBA could become a 2 man game so all the ring arguments and win totals would make sense. Otherwise, trying to judge it by wins is crazy. Even weirder is the fact every hater made themselves feel better about Brons run in the eastern conference by calling it the inferior conference but NOW, it doesnt factor in on wins. On god, i just wish folks were consistent with their arguments.

1. Different people say different things. There isn't a consensus.
2. A lot of NBA fan discourse is driven by who you root for. If you're a Laker/Lebron/AD fan this year you want wins to not matter. If you're a Boston/Tatum/JB fan this year you want wins to matter. Fans are always doing mental gymnastics based on what their team or favorite player needs from them.

I'm not saying I'd have voted for Mitchell. I'm just saying there's a fair case to make and you seem surprised. Mitchell was having a really good season but the injuries piled up. I'm someone who has both Lebron and AD on an all-NBA and only 1 player from the team I root for that won more games.

It's not something you can expect consistency about.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,129

Post#68 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:28 pm

I think it's more likely that LeBron and Davis both make the 2nd team than it is that either LeBron or Davis don't make one of the teams.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,537

Post#69 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 pm

C'Mon LeBron is making it this year sorry.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#70 » by Wolveswin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:04 pm

Ambrose wrote:First two teams are obvious.

It's that third team that's a crapshoot. Curry, Haliburton, Booker, LeBron, Paul George, Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, Gobert are all various kinds of deserving.

The Lakers won 47 games. That's as many games as the 5th seed in the East. That's the 4th seed in the West last year. If all you see is "play-in", then you're not actually thinking too much.

Doesn’t matter what 47 wins got you last year for all nba this year. Better player better results. Trying to pick top 15 guys has all kinds of qualifiers. Wins is part of it. 100%.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Wolveswin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:1st - SGA, Brunson, Tatum, Giannis, Jokic

2nd - Edwards, Doncic, Banchero, KD, AD

3rd - Haliburton, Lebron, Kawhi, Wembanyama, Sabonis

Lol at Doncic 2nd team. Doncic will barely lose mvp to Jokic according to betting odds.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,256

Post#72 » by deneem4 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:08 pm

Zion
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,544

Post#73 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
cupcakesnake wrote:Shai, Luka, Tatum, Giannis, Jokic

Brunson, Ant, PG, Kawhi, KD

D.White, Haliburton, Lebron, AD, Sabonis

White over Maxey?

White over anyone? Lol
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,369

Post#74 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:01 pm

1st team
Doncic|Jokic|Giannis|SGA|AD

2nd team
Wemby|Sabonis|LeBron|Tatum|Durant

3rd team
Fox|Booker|Brunson|Ant|Lillard
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,426

Post#75 » by Ambrose » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:21 pm

Wolveswin wrote:

Doesn’t matter what 47 wins got you last year for all nba this year. Better player better results. Trying to pick top 15 guys has all kinds of qualifiers. Wins is part of it. 100%.

47 wins is a lot, no matter how you spin it.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,599

Post#76 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:29 pm

Packbuckman wrote:
bisme37 wrote:I'm already preemptively grumpy that the league leading Celtics are likely only getting 1 all nba player so I'll be extra grumpy if Tatum doesn't make 1st team lol.

But I wouldn't mind Brunson taking Giannis' spot on the 1st team. GA has great stats but so does Brunson and the Bucks have been very disappointing.

That sure the hell is not because of Giannis you put him on that Celtics team instead of Tatum nobody beats them period.

I mean, lets be honest. Dropping Giannis from first team for letting Doc become his coach isn't a terrible idea.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,256

Post#77 » by deneem4 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:42 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:
bisme37 wrote:I'm already preemptively grumpy that the league leading Celtics are likely only getting 1 all nba player so I'll be extra grumpy if Tatum doesn't make 1st team lol.

But I wouldn't mind Brunson taking Giannis' spot on the 1st team. GA has great stats but so does Brunson and the Bucks have been very disappointing.

That sure the hell is not because of Giannis you put him on that Celtics team instead of Tatum nobody beats them period.

I mean, lets be honest. Dropping Giannis from first team for letting Doc become his coach isn't a terrible idea.

Bro u got thanis getting minutes and u let him become the coach… U don’t deserve that
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#78 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:00 am

KamikazeK wrote:Whoever it is I don't want to see two All-NBA players on the Lakers unless Boston also gets two again. Insane that we could actually be looking at a sub-50 win team with two all-NBA players while a 64 win team gets one.
I don't care if either of them get any as long as my FMVP is included. He will also be the reason why the Sixers will lose their play-in games.

https://youtu.be/KtbQPZMLX70?si=WQQ6TJcEFBCbbGjT
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#79 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 am

Ambrose wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

47 wins is a lot, no matter how you spin it.

But other teams had more THIS year. Other teams had more who have players worthy of all nba. That is the point. And with a razor thin difference between players 9-26 who actually makes top 15 - wins matter. More wins matter.
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,630

Post#80 » by NBA4Lyfe » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 pm

if steph curry makes an all-nba team this year.. just throw the entire voting process out and have all nba awards done using technology.. put every nba player in the computer with a set criteria and let the cpu spit out the rightful selections this is starting to get ridicolous

Return to The General Board