2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
2%
Bucks in 5
9%
Bucks in 6
20%
Bucks in 7
13%
Pacers in 4
3%
Pacers in 5
8%
Pacers in 6
34%
Pacers in 7
11%

Total votes: 265

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,598

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#921 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:46 am

5:30 tip-off time on Friday is awful.

Gunna be a lot of people who can’t even go to the game because of work.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,114

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#922 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:5:30 tip-off time on Friday is awful.

But Hali said your regular season crowd was better than the Fiserv folks. Ah well.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,617

Post#923 » by Nuntius » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 am

theFireBlanket wrote:

But Hali said your regular season crowd was better than the Fiserv folks. Ah well.

I don't see how that is relevant to xxSnEaKyPxx's comment.

I do understand why Hali said that, though. I'm guessing that no one in Gainbridge Fieldhouse has called him or his family the n-word like that fan in Fiserv did. So, yeah, not surprised about his opinion at all :wink:
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#924 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:13 pm

Nuntius wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

I do understand why Hali said that, though. I'm guessing that no one in Gainbridge Fieldhouse has called him or his family the n-word like that fan in Fiserv did. So, yeah, not surprised about his opinion at all :wink:

I was pretty much taking the piss & also celebrating how the awful scheduling will possibly mess with attendance.. In actuality, still expect a packed house. So all piss.

On another note...

Right, because he's a Pacer. But I seriously doubt that the homestate of Mike Pence lacks the Nbomb droppers. Just foolhardy sanctimony.

Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,732

Post#925 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

I was pretty much taking the piss & also celebrating how the awful scheduling will possibly mess with attendance.. In actuality, still expect a packed house. So all piss.

On another note...

Right, because he's a Pacer. But I seriously doubt that the homestate of Mike Pence lacks the Nbomb droppers. Just foolhardy sanctimony.

SSSShhhh. We try our best to keep that quiet. You're right we have awful people like anyone else. Naive thinking possibly... but just like anywhere else you'd like to think our good folks outnumber the bad ones by a large percentage. In Hali's defense it was a personal experience. I'm sure some have had one in Indy as well. I once got brutal food poisoning at a local Mexican joint. Everyone else loves it. I'm sure the people there are great.... I won't step foot back in it. My experience with Bucks fans has always been great, his brother got "food poisoning."
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,746

Post#926 » by Clav » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:42 pm

2:30pm for us west coasters...

I guess I'll try not to work too hard to catch your guys' game ;)
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,617

Post#927 » by Nuntius » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Gotcha.

theFireBlanket wrote:On another note...

I'm not an American. I have never visited the States. So, I cannot speak from personal experience at all. I do not doubt that people like this exist everywhere but it's not my place to make assumptions about X and Y state. And I didn't make any assumption on Wisconsin and the fans in Fiserv either. All I did was to comment on something that Haliburton recently shared. His own personal experience.

Hali is from Wisconsin. I am pretty sure that he loves the area which is why he stayed behind to greet fans when we played in Fiserv. But he did recently have this sad experience. So, he's obviously going to say what he said. Why do you find it surprising?
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,843

Post#928 » by Jadoogar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:

??? The crowd can be good but it's going to be a hard time for fans to show up to. Rush hour traffic, most people work till 5pm.

What's the reasoning for this start time?
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,746

Post#929 » by Clav » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

??? The crowd can be good but it's going to be a hard time for fans to show up to. Rush hour traffic, most people work till 5pm.

They are broadcasting a triple-header tonight, to fit all games in the allotted window, one needed to start ~2,5h before the next, and same for the final game. It's Friday early eve/afternoon, NBA is guessing that there will be a higher chance of viewership for a triple-header today than other standard work-night timeslots.

I must admit it's not ideal for those in rush hour traffic, but perhaps a portion of the audience will either take a half-day or something silly like that to make the game. But the best is the Occam's Razor of it which is simply they put three games on one day, it's Friday, it's before the weekend, they didn't want to flex to NBA TV like other nights, and put the Eastern-time game first.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#930 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Bucks fans don't likeit either for viewing purposes. Regardless I'm screwed by working during the game.

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,829

Post#931 » by azcatz11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 pm

Is Mids playing? How are bucks fans feeling today?
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,167

Post#932 » by jkvonny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm

Weekday 4:30 PM CST start time?! :o

Most of us are still at work. :lol:

That's a pretty early start time!
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,466

Post#933 » by Dirk » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:18 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Are you saying that Bobby Portis was right and Pacers fans are soft? Can't take the afternoon off to watch their team?
60/21/10
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,466

Post#934 » by Dirk » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:19 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Is Mids playing? How are bucks fans feeling today?

Yes. Bucks fans don't feel well... they don't expect Giannis back this season, so even if they win today/series, they are downbeat.
60/21/10
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,123

Post#935 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:19 pm

jkvonny wrote:Weekday 4:30 PM CST start time?! :o

Times like this I'm thankful I run my own company. I'm happy about this start time, it'll give me some entertainment doing some easier tasks. Good luck to anyone sneaking the game at work :rocking:
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#936 » by jkvonny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:

Times like this I'm thankful I run my own company. I'm happy about this start time, it'll give me some entertainment doing some easier tasks. Good luck to anyone sneaking the game at work :rocking:

Ha! Lucky you!

:D

Ya, I have my phone, will stream a lil bit of it. lol
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,829

Post#937 » by azcatz11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:27 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:

Are you hiring bro?
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,123

Post#938 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:32 pm

jkvonny wrote:

I wonder how many thousands of people will be sneaking this game today :lol:

azcatz11 wrote:Are you hiring bro?

Later this year we'll have another position. We need a sports gambler, must be willing to publicly share their picks. You're perfect!
Badlands
Sixth Man
And1: 1,893

Post#939 » by Badlands » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 pm

Middleton is in.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#940 » by jkvonny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:37 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:
jkvonny wrote:

I wonder how many thousands of people will be sneaking this game today :lol:

Lol

Return to The General Board