2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
2%
Bucks in 5
9%
Bucks in 6
20%
Bucks in 7
13%
Pacers in 4
3%
Pacers in 5
8%
Pacers in 6
34%
Pacers in 7
11%

Total votes: 265

Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,075

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 2-1) 

Post#1361 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 am

Good win for the Pacers. They really needed this win to give them a chance before Giannis comes back.
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,448

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1362 » by xBulletproof » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:58 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Something is still off. He is making TJ McConnell look like prime Steph Curry when it comes to shooting.

He's doing other things, but man, we need him to get his shot back.

You're not wrong, I'm sure we will find out what it is at some point, but it's been since the All Star break.

This year I expected this team to make the playoffs and get a taste. Winning a series is just a bonus. This year is already a W for me, as long as Pascal comes back.

I had the same mentality, didn't expect anything from the Pacers in the playoffs this year, but getting the Bucks without Giannis did kinda make me think there is a chance we can get lucky and get more experience in round 2.

I still expect the Bucks to close out the series when Giannis returns, but the Pacers do have a chance to gain more experience.

I don't know if he will return and if he does, what he will be like.

They did Achilles scans when he was hurt. Isn't this the same injury Durant tried to play on and tore his in the finals?

I don't think you want to risk that. Bucks fans may know more, but that was my impression.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,627

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND leads 2-1) 

Post#1363 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 am

As cold as Haliburton and Nesmith were all night shooting the ball, they really came through in the end.

...if they came through earlier, we probably wouldn't have needed OT, but better late than never I suppose. :beer:
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1364 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 am

xBulletproof wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
You're not wrong, I'm sure we will find out what it is at some point, but it's been since the All Star break.

This year I expected this team to make the playoffs and get a taste. Winning a series is just a bonus. This year is already a W for me, as long as Pascal comes back.

I had the same mentality, didn't expect anything from the Pacers in the playoffs this year, but getting the Bucks without Giannis did kinda make me think there is a chance we can get lucky and get more experience in round 2.

I still expect the Bucks to close out the series when Giannis returns, but the Pacers do have a chance to gain more experience.

I don't know if he will return and if he does, what he will be like.

They did Achilles scans when he was hurt. Isn't this the same injury Durant tried to play on and tore his in the finals?

I don't think you want to risk that. Bucks fans may know more, but that was my impression.

I thought the Bucks said they expect him back at some point in the series.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 10,117

Post#1365 » by ___Rand___ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am

WestGOAT wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:If Giannis plays going forward I think bucks have this

Middleton is moving much better now. He's finding his legs again after a whole season.

I can't believe it, he looked washed during the regular season, especially being in and out with all the injuries. From a entertainment perspective hope this wasn't a fluke, will make the games so much more fun to watch

Yeah I was sure he was done too. He's made a sudden miraculous recovery it seems like in a matter of weeks. I hope he ain't taking nothing illegal.
Tnasty4l
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#1366 » by Tnasty4l » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 am

These Bucks fans really think Giannis is coming back,LOL.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#1367 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 am

___Rand___ wrote:
WestGOAT wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Middleton is moving much better now. He's finding his legs again after a whole season.

I can't believe it, he looked washed during the regular season, especially being in and out with all the injuries. From a entertainment perspective hope this wasn't a fluke, will make the games so much more fun to watch

Yeah I was sure he was done too. He's made a sudden miraculous recovery it seems like in a matter of weeks. I hope he ain't taking nothing illegal.

You heard it here first! Middleton is taking illegal things and must be banned instantly!

:wink:
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,448

Post#1368 » by xBulletproof » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:I thought the Bucks said they expect him back at some point in the series.

If I recall correctly the word they used was they were "hopeful".

Also have said he's close, but listened to a Bucks podcast and they said Middleton was "close" for a long time before he played.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#1369 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 am

Tnasty4l wrote:These Bucks fans really think Giannis is coming back,LOL.

1. The Bucks said they expect him to, so its reasonable to think.

2. Not sure why its funny.

It would SUCK for the Pacers to have made the playoffs while missing either Haliburton or Siakam, and neither of them are on Giannis' level. Hell, it sucks that we are missing Mathurin.

I want the Pacers to crush the Bucks, but I do feel for their fans. Being in the playoffs without your superstar would suck.
KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,570

Post#1370 » by KHRICH » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 am

Its over for bucks
Read on Twitter
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,639

Post#1371 » by Nuntius » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
GSP wrote:Had enough time to foul him before he even turned for that shot attempt

Nba players and coaches are so stupid to just not foul when up 3

It's hard because with continuation rules, you leave it up to the refs to not make that call. This is the same game where the Pacers fouled 4 shooters behind the arc. It's not as easy as it seems.

This. And I also want to point out the following:

During the RS, the Pacers did indeed foul in that situation (up 3 with the shot-clock running out). They did it both times they had the chance to. One of those times was against Chicago where this happened:

DeRozan intentionally missed the second FT, Obi Toppin swats the ball out of bounds, Chicago gets the ball back with 3.8 left and DeRozan forces OT (the Bulls won in OT).

I am pretty sure what happened in that game also affected our decision-making here.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#1372 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 am

I feel like Ben Sheppard and Andre Jackson both should have played more. Both were doing great things while on the court.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1373 » by Nuntius » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:I feel like Ben Sheppard and Andre Jackson both should have played more. Both were doing great things while on the court.

Yep. Both of them were very good and gave their teams exactly what they needed. Defense and a great boost of youthful energy.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#1374 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am

Am I the only one who has been really unimpressed with Haliburton and see him as overrated?
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#1375 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 am

TheRaptor! wrote:Am I the only one who has been really unimpressed with Haliburton and see him as overrated?

He hasn't played great since he's returned from injury.

He's still finding ways to impact the game, but his shot is awful right now, and that has been one of his best weapons in his career.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,075

Post#1376 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

KHRICH wrote:Its over for bucks
Read on Twitter

oof
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1377 » by Nuntius » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 am

Man, what a **** game. Absolutely insane to watch and, as a fan that rooted for one of the two teams, it was absolutely draining as well. My heart is still pounding :lol:

Lots of things to say about this one but I want to focus on only a couple of things.

1) I am aware that we blew a pretty significant lead in this one but we did show a lot of guts and heart to win this game. We could have given up when Milwaukee got the lead but we didn't, we kept fighting. We could have given up when Middleton forced OT but, again, we kept fighting. And when Middleton hit the 2nd game-tying 3 with only seconds remaining, we could have definitely given up and bowed out. But we hit them with a counter-punch and survived to win this one. Hell of a win.

2) Andrew Nembhard had one of the weirdest games I've ever seen. He fouled a 3-point shooter in 3 separate instances tonight. 3 times. Not 1, not 2, but 3. It was incredible. And, yet, I still wanted him to be in the game because he was so solid on both ends (excluding the fouls, of course). And then OT rolls around and he suddenly transforms into Rodman, grabbing 3 offensive rebounds in a sole possession. Oh, and that number here isn't even entirely accurate. He grabbed 3 himself but his activity created a couple more offensive rebounding opportunities for us. Oh, and he also made the game-tying shot with around a minute remaining after he won us the possession by stealing a board off of Middleton. It was a very weird performance and I loved every bit of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was such an unreal game. I still do believe that the Bucks are the favorites but I am so, so glad that we pulled this one out.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 10,117

Post#1378 » by ___Rand___ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:Am I the only one who has been really unimpressed with Haliburton and see him as overrated?

He hasn't played great since he's returned from injury.

He's still finding ways to impact the game, but his shot is awful right now, and that has been one of his best weapons in his career.

He lost quickness too. His first step is junk now. He's not getting by people. That's why he's struggling.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#1379 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 am

KHRICH wrote:Its over for bucks
Read on Twitter

Not to say this isn't true, it probably is, but he came back after the injury and made some incredible shots. Also felt like he was holding his knee when he went down, but now its achilles?

I think he got hurt, is it as big a deal as they are making it sound? Not sure I believe that. I think Middleton was on fire and they were feeding the hot hand.

Of course, I could be wrong. I hope Lillard is okay.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 184

Post#1380 » by yoadknux » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:48 am

You know the guy is a star when he goes for a triple double and a game winner and people still get the feeling he had a bad game :noway:
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season

Return to The General Board