The Knicks… are not too smart

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,479

Re: The Knicks… are not too smart 

Post#181 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 am

Eagle4 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Eagle4 wrote: you undeveloped mentally adults

That insult attempt went about as poorly for you as I ever could have hoped.

I don't even need to put effort insulting yous. You guys do good job of embarrassing yourself damn near every year

The only top franchise that celebrates 50 wins as if it were 70 due to the rarity its occurred :lol:

Look, all I'm saying is if you're gonna try to insult someone's intelligence you can't just string words together in a way that sounds like Yoda having a stroke. It just backfires.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,957

Post#182 » by Eagle4 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 am

Capn'O wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I don't even need to put effort insulting yous. You guys do good job of embarrassing yourself damn near every year

The only top franchise that celebrates 50 wins as if it were 70 due to the rarity its occurred :lol:

Look, all I'm saying is if you're gonna try to insult someone's intelligence you can't just string words together in a way that sounds like Yoda having a stroke. It just backfires.
There you go all edited. Any more grammatical errors you'd like to point out? I'm sure your entire post history is A1 Mr English teacher? Usually when someone can't dispute what someone says online they go to pointing out typos and grammatical errors. :lol:
I think my point was made loud and clear. When the Knicks get some hardware this decade or at least make the ecf/finals then people won't be so dismissive of you and your cronies that love to beat your chests every year.

Can't really fault Celtics/Lakers for doing it (as obnoxious as some are) since they have the rings to back up their talk. Up until recently Knicks fans were calling for the heads of Dolan and Randle, now you'd think the latter was prime Wilt lol.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,356

Post#183 » by gavran » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 am

In this fantasy world you are in, where all the BS you have imagined Knicks fans are doing/saying, is ice cream for free?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,143

Post#184 » by cgf » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:21 am

Capn'O wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Knicks dumb fans is so stupid. They no English good like I.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,830

Post#185 » by Los_29 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:36 am

The Heat would be a tough matchup as well. Regardless, there is no easy path. Knicks are a good team and I think they could get through the Sixers with Embiid not 100%.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#186 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:40 pm

Eagle4 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:Image

There you go all edited. Any more grammatical errors you'd like to point out? I'm sure your entire post history is A1 Mr English teacher? Usually when someone can't dispute what someone says online they go to pointing out typos and grammatical errors. :lol:
I think my point was made loud and clear. When the Knicks get some hardware this decade or at least make the ecf/finals then people won't be so dismissive of you and your cronies that love to beat your chests every year.

Can't really fault Celtics/Lakers for doing it (as obnoxious as some are) since they have the rings to back up their talk. Up until recently Knicks fans were calling for the heads of Dolan and Randle, now you'd think the latter was prime Wilt lol.

You're not making any points worth arguing. Your posts are just insulting our fanbase and calling us stupid for enjoying winning, which is kind of the point of sports. In which case, it's more then worthwhile to point out that the insult looks like it was written by an eight year old who stuck a crayon all the way up their nose and started playing around with magnetic poetry.

Also, it's the all star and all NBA committees who think Randle is good so take your beef up with them.
BAF Clippers

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#187 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm

Back to the topic though, at the end of the day if the Knicks can't handle the Sixers/Heat we don't really have any business thinking much further than simply making the playoffs. This team got to the second round last year, unlike the 3-6 teams. We want more and for that purpose, HCA in the second round was worth attaining.
BAF Clippers

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,355

Post#188 » by Oscirus » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:32 pm

So according to the topic here, the lakers would be legit dumbasses if they won tonight, correct?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 215

Post#189 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:35 pm

durden_tyler wrote:All they had to do was lose that meaningless game vs the Bulls (who really wanted that meaningless win for whatever reason) and get a friendlier draw in the first round.

So rather draw with the Indiana Pacers if they ended up the 3rd seed, they’ll now get the Philadelphia 76ers (who are expected to beat Miami in the playin), the relatively stronger team with Embiid back healthy.

The first route (to the Finals) would have been

Pacers, Bucks/Sixers, Celtics

But now they’ll have to survive

Sixers, Bucks, Celtics.

Obviously, the easier route would have been to settle for the 3rd seed and they had no business actually wanting to win that final game (or nobody told them that the Bucks were losing vs the Magic the same day. LOL)

Discuss. And discuss the importance of playoff positioning.

Sure, you *almost always* play to win blah blah and that if you’re a contender you don’t choose opponents blah blah but that only works if say, you’re a quality team like the Celtics or defending champs Nuggets.

Lol you obviously know little in terms of playoff match-up, which is my forte as I had the Knicks sweeping the Cavs in last year series. Everyone who responded was accusing me of being clueless and end up putting their foot in their mouth. The Knicks wouldn't have difficulty with either team but especially against my Sixers, even if i badly wanted an upset being a big homer. Knicks are so much better this season compared to last season. it's not even close. And I like their chances much more when a certain player is not playing for them in the playoffs. I have already suggested a trade to improve their chances to win the ship exponentially because of the Villanova connection x4 that won the NCAA championship in a dominate display of defensive grit with offensive might never witness before.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/proposed-knicks-trade-lands-coveted-91-million-swingman-for-julius-randle/ar-BB1lsUUt

https://youtu.be/gBfU3ltj5t8?si=U1hgoMinAgxxlSXW
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,957

Post#190 » by Eagle4 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

You're not making any points worth arguing. Your posts are just insulting our fanbase and calling us stupid for enjoying winning, which is kind of the point of sports. In which case, it's more then worthwhile to point out that the insult looks like it was written by an eight year old who stuck a crayon all the way up their nose and started playing around with magnetic poetry.

Also, it's the all star and all NBA committees who think Randle is good so take your beef up with them.

And that hurt your feelings so much so that you decided return insults my way, how ironic Mr mod. Not once did I state knicks fans were stupid, over confident definitely.

Also I'm well aware of Randle's placement but let's not act like you all weren't calling for his head for more than hald of his tenure with the Knicks. Just last year some insinuated knicks are better without him.

I'll say it for the umpteenth time, when a party tell the world that this is the year pigs will fly and he's repeatedly stated it after decades of nothing materializing you tend to lose any belief and that particular party loses credibility.
Honestly if Randle was healthy I'd give Knicks a far better chance to advance to ECF. I think it'll be tough on Brunson to carry the offense load against playoff competition. Who knows though.

I enjoyed the back the forth but at this point it's best to just let the games do the talking. I'm sure one of you all will bump this when the time comes and if not then we know why and trust me I'll do the honors. Deuces.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,172

Post#191 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

Eagle4 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:There you go all edited. Any more grammatical errors you'd like to point out? I'm sure your entire post history is A1 Mr English teacher? Usually when someone can't dispute what someone says online they go to pointing out typos and grammatical errors. :lol:

And that hurt your feelings so much so you decided return insults my way, how ironic. Not once did I start knicks fans were stupid, over confident definitely.

what does calling someone under developed mentally imply?
BaF
Washington Wizards
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 838

Post#192 » by ScrantonBulls » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:15 pm

Eagle4 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:There you go all edited. Any more grammatical errors you'd like to point out? I'm sure your entire post history is A1 Mr English teacher? Usually when someone can't dispute what someone says online they go to pointing out typos and grammatical errors. :lol:

And that hurt your feelings so much so that you decided return insults my way, how ironic Mr mod. Not once did I state knicks fans were stupid, over confident definitely.

Also I'm well aware of Randle's placement but let's not act like you all weren't calling for his head for more than hald of his tenure with the Knicks. Just last year some insinuated knicks are better without him.

I'll say it for the umpteenth time, when a party tell the world that this is the year pigs will fly and he's repeatedly stated it after decades of nothing materializing you tend to lose any belief and that particular party loses credibility.
Honestly if Randle was healthy I'd give Knicks a far better chance to advance to ECF. I think it'll be tough on Brunson to carry the offense load against playoff competition. Who knows though.

I enjoyed the back the forth but at this point it's best to just let the games do the talking. I'm sure one of you all will bump this when the time comes and if not then we know why and trust me I'll do the honors. Deuces.

I'm dying laughing at how upset you got over a complete failure of an insult. Just take the L man. You're only digging yourself further into a hole.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,478

Post#193 » by cupcakesnake » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:16 pm

This thread has been derailed by 2 pages of corny personal attacks. There's plenty other topics to discuss the Knicks playoff hopes in so I think we can send this one to the locked topic graveyard.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast

Return to The General Board