The Knicks… are not too smart

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,143

Re: The Knicks… are not too smart 

Post#141 » by cgf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:34 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:The more I think about it..I want all the smoke vs Miami

but even if Sixers win. Do y'all actually think the Nova boys are scared of Philly? That's where they had some of their most successful years in their career. Players like Brunson thrive in hostile environments.

But Miami fans was talking mad greasy last year. I want that smoke but Spo worries me more than anything. He always clearly outcoaches Thibs

I'd rather Boston deal with Miami in round 1, we can handle the heat but that would be an exhausting series and we might not leave it without new injuries. If we run into them, I'd rather it be in the ECF...after they've knocked off the Celtics for us.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,327

Post#142 » by DOT » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:36 pm

cgf wrote:The Detroit pick might even end up just as juicy as the 11th overall we gave up for it. We gave up a mountain of SRPs and missed out on J-dub, but there's a good chance of a steal being available with that Pistons pick whenever it converts.

I fail to see how "this pick we're getting in the future might end up as good as the pick we had" is a win. At best, it's neutral

Plus, the pick is top 13 protected next year, top 11 protected in 2026, and top 9 protected in 2027, meaning it can only convey as the 11th pick in 2027

Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, Jalen Williams in 2024 would have been more valuable to us than the 11th pick in 2027, and that's if it conveys.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
cgf
RealGM

Post#143 » by cgf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:48 pm

DOT wrote:
cgf wrote:The Detroit pick might even end up just as juicy as the 11th overall we gave up for it. We gave up a mountain of SRPs and missed out on J-dub, but there's a good chance of a steal being available with that Pistons pick whenever it converts.

I fail to see how "this pick we're getting in the future might end up as good as the pick we had" is a win. At best, it's neutral

Plus, the pick is top 13 protected next year, top 11 protected in 2026, and top 9 protected in 2027, meaning it can only convey as the 11th pick in 2027

Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, Jalen Williams in 2024 would have been more valuable to us than the 11th pick in 2027, and that's if it conveys.

A) those maneuvers also opened up the money for Brunson & Hartenstein, yes they only had to open that money up because they signed Kemba in the first place, but that's a 2021 mistake and a sunken cost by the 2022 offseason. So they recognized & cleaned up a mistake, which is a plus.

B) different drafts have different quality, it's possible that the 12th pick in 2026 or 2027 will net a better prospect than the 11th pick in 2022 did...I mean the 12th pick 2022 was better than the 11th, although that's purely hindsight, even OKC didn't think J-Dub was better than Dieng at the time of the draft or they would've taken Williams first.

C) we're not just getting that Detroit pick. We're also getting a Bucks pick that will probably be in the same range where this FO selected Quickley, Grimes, and McBride...and we might still get that Wizards pick. Probably not since it's only protected for two more years, but it could still convey.

D) a bird in the hand isn't always worth more than a bird in the bush, thus retirement accounts. Sometimes having the cheap asset coming in later down the line is more useful than having another player we'd need to pay soon...especially with Brundle, OG, and Hartenstein due for raises over these next two summers.

Plus those picks can still be used as trade bait...and we got Hart with a pick that wasn't much juicier than any of the picks we got for #11. Obviously would've been better if they hadn't made mistakes in 2021, but given that they did, 2022 was fine work.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,368

Post#144 » by Scalabrine » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:51 pm

cgf wrote:

but even if Sixers win. Do y'all actually think the Nova boys are scared of Philly? That's where they had some of their most successful years in their career. Players like Brunson thrive in hostile environments.

But Miami fans was talking mad greasy last year. I want that smoke but Spo worries me more than anything. He always clearly outcoaches Thibs

I'd rather Boston deal with Miami in round 1, we can handle the heat but that would be an exhausting series and we might not leave it without new injuries. If we run into them, I'd rather it be in the ECF...after they've knocked off the Celtics for us.

I feel this same exact way. I'm rooting for Philly on Wednesday, mainly because I think Miami can knock out the Celtics and if they don't they will be much more physical on them then the Sixers.

I think either series for the Knicks is going to be very tough and I wouldn't be surprised if many people pick us to lose, but I love this team so much. They play so hard. They play together. They can beat people in multiple different ways. It's gonna be fun.
Go Knicks!
cgf
RealGM

Post#145 » by cgf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:54 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
cgf wrote:

I feel this same exact way. I'm rooting for Philly on Wednesday, mainly because I think Miami can knock out the Celtics and if they don't they will be much more physical on them then the Sixers.

I think either series for the Knicks is going to be very tough and I wouldn't be surprised if many people pick us to lose.

Yeah, I am more worried by Jimmy & the Heat's shooters than I am Joel & Maxey, but I'm not looking past the 6ers. I'm just confident in this team and think we can beat either of them. So I'd rather face the team I think will take less out of us if we do pull it off.

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,327

Post#146 » by DOT » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:02 pm

cgf wrote:Plus those picks can still be used as trade bait...and we got Hart with a pick that wasn't much juicier than any of the picks we got for #11.

Y'all seriously overrate the trade value of those picks.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
cgf
RealGM

Post#147 » by cgf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:06 pm

DOT wrote:
cgf wrote:Plus those picks can still be used as trade bait...and we got Hart with a pick that wasn't much juicier than any of the picks we got for #11.

Y'all seriously overrate the trade value of those picks.

How so? Hart was acquired for a lotto protected FRP. Those picks are protected top 5, top 18/13/11/9, and top 12/10/8. I'm not saying we'll get Luka for the Wiz pick on its own or anything.

You also ignored the meat of my post to focus in on a last minute addendum...

JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#148 » by JimmyFromNz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:01 pm

RHODEY wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
No I meant the part were Mazzulla rolled out his entire starting lineup for a " meaningless contest" , then got summarily spanked on his own home floor. Having a 15 game buffer does change the fact of the butt whipping, and putting in all your starters doesn't imply a lack of concern for winning.

So not only did you get embarrassed by a compromised team.. your coach lacked the tact o give the Knicks any credit. I'm not surprised that Boston fans would follow suit. :lol:

What is it that you are trying to suggest? That its representative of something?

Are the Knicks now better than the Celtics? Should we be worried about the 11 April ? Has reality hit!?

It was an utterly meaningless game for us, we know, you know it, the entire commentary around the game observed it - the exact same observations made the night before when putting out a similarly lacklustre effort against the Bucks. The fact you've referenced it in response to a genuine criticism of the approach to playoff seeding is funny.

But if you want to hold onto avoiding being swept 4-0 in the season series, that is your prerogative.

I'm more than happy to give the Knicks credit, Brunson is one of my favourite players, the NBA is better when the Knicks are good.

Unfortunately your fanbase don't make it easy on yourselves !

Keep repeating that it was "meaningless"...but then why play all your guys? We both know you had enough fear of the Knicks to rollout all your guns ...and you still got stomped.

Are the knicks better? We aren't more talented but we have the best player on the court though...

Miami during the last playoffs was the less talented team....but they were better than you when it counted. In the end you guys havent proven anything.

In fact you show signs of being soft, overconfident, and coasting on your talent. So the reality is you can be beat again. :lol:

You're posting videos of undisputed?

That tells me all I need to know - and probably what I should have assumed from your original comment.

The Celtics have never been a sure thing, we all know that, no one is pretending otherwise.

Your false, unbridled hope that 11 April meant anything is what is funny here.

Double down as much as you like, it will change nothing as you edge towards a 1st round matchup against the reigning MVP and what was a 60 win projected team. As to my original point, reality will hit fast. Which I'm sure at that point, your fanbase is likely to drop the cute slogans like "ducking is for losers" and "got to beat the best to be the best" and start reflecting that in fact 'pragmatism' might have been the best option in playoff seeding.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#149 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:08 pm

JimmyFromNz wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:
What is it that you are trying to suggest? That its representative of something?

Are the Knicks now better than the Celtics? Should we be worried about the 11 April ? Has reality hit!?

It was an utterly meaningless game for us, we know, you know it, the entire commentary around the game observed it - the exact same observations made the night before when putting out a similarly lacklustre effort against the Bucks. The fact you've referenced it in response to a genuine criticism of the approach to playoff seeding is funny.

But if you want to hold onto avoiding being swept 4-0 in the season series, that is your prerogative.

I'm more than happy to give the Knicks credit, Brunson is one of my favourite players, the NBA is better when the Knicks are good.

Keep repeating that it was "meaningless"...but then why play all your guys? We both know you had enough fear of the Knicks to rollout all your guns ...and you still got stomped.

Are the knicks better? We aren't more talented but we have the best player on the court though...

Miami during the last playoffs was the less talented team....but they were better than you when it counted. In the end you guys havent proven anything.

In fact you show signs of being soft, overconfident, and coasting on your talent. So the reality is you can be beat again. :lol:

That tells me all I need to know - and probably what I should have assumed from your original comment.

The Celtics have never been a sure thing, we all know that, no one is pretending otherwise.

Double down as much as you like, it will change nothing as you edge towards a 1st round matchup against the reigning MVP and what was a 60 win projected team. As to my original point, reality will hit fast. Which I'm sure at that point, your fanbase is likely to drop the cute slogans like "ducking is for losers" and "got to beat the best to be the best" and start reflecting that in fact 'pragmatism' might have been the best option in playoff seeding.

And if we take them out…then what?
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,631

Post#150 » by Ice Man » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:19 pm

It's Thibs. In 2014, he had to win Game 82 and played Butler 48 minutes, although winning was worse than losing, because it increased the chance that the Bulls would play the Heatles in the second round rather than in the ECF. Why? Because it's Thibs. That is what he does.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,556

Post#151 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 am

JimmyFromNz wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:

And what reality is that? That umad the Knicks beat your azz and you hope that the 76ers do the same to us? :lol:
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,957

Post#152 » by Eagle4 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 am

cgf wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:Will be nice to see how quiet the nba spaces are when knicks get bounced out early yet again. Celebrating 50 wins like it's 70 and are poised for a finals bout.

"yet again"?

Yes all the years they got bounced out the 2nd/1st round which is every year they made it since '99 when HEY NOW YOU'RE AN ALLSTAR was the #1 hit.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer

Post#153 » by Eagle4 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
cgf wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:Will be nice to see how quiet the nba spaces are when knicks get bounced out early yet again. Celebrating 50 wins like it's 70 and are poised for a finals bout.

"yet again"?

Lmao dudes can’t even be honest. Last year Knicks making the 2nd around was considered “overachieving”. Now suddenly “they got bounced out early”

Stop the cap lol
And now yall will get bounced out the first round. Point being yall not making the ecf. :lol: :lol:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,172

Post#154 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:53 am

Eagle4 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
cgf wrote:
"yet again"?

Lmao dudes can’t even be honest. Last year Knicks making the 2nd around was considered “overachieving”. Now suddenly “they got bounced out early”

Stop the cap lol
And now yall will get bounced out the first round. Point being yall not making the ecf. :lol: :lol:

you’re not even making the playoffs bro lmaooo
BaF
Washington Wizards
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,499

Post#155 » by ForeverTFC » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 am

You’d rather be Cleveland and admit you have no faith at all in your team to beat the 7th seed?

Knicks have an identity and they played to it. Cleveland on the other hand cemented their identity as cowards with that stunt they pulled.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer

Post#156 » by Eagle4 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:58 am

DaGawd wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:Lmao dudes can’t even be honest. Last year Knicks making the 2nd around was considered “overachieving”. Now suddenly “they got bounced out early”

Stop the cap lol

how about this since you insist on quoting me like the obnoxious belligerent knicks fan you are. Post bet for a year if Heat make the playoffs u stop posting if they do indeed get bounced out by Philly + Atl/bulls YOU stop posting for a year. If not stfu and stop flooding my notifications with childish "hurr durr yOu gUyS aRe gEtTinG sWEpT hurr durr"
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,546

Post#157 » by Kalela » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:05 am

I thought this was dumb too but I think they are confident in beating the Sixers/Heat and wanted to make sure they would have home-court advantage over the Bucks.
Fire Mazzulla
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,172

Post#158 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:06 am

Eagle4 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:And now yall will get bounced out the first round. Point being yall not making the ecf. :lol: :lol:

how about this since you insist on quoting me like the obnoxious belligerent knicks fan you are. Post bet for a year if Heat make the playoffs u stop posting if they do indeed get bounced out by Philly + Atl/bulls YOU stop posting for a year. If not stfu and stop flooding my notifications with childish "hurr durr yOu gUyS aRe gEtTinG sWEpT hurr durr"

how about if we make it past the 2nd round you agree to stfu and keep the knicks name out your mouth? deal?
BaF
Washington Wizards
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,402

Post#159 » by baldur » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:17 am

Kudos to new York for not losing deliberately and disrespecting the game.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,124

Post#160 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:46 am

durden_tyler wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:Wasn't it really a mess where they could finish between 2nd and 5th? How do they know where everyone else will finish and what the possibilities where before the game even starts? I don; think it was easy just to decide before the game to finish 3rd exactly was it?

It was between 2nd and 4th but, yes, you are correct. Milwaukee, New York and Cleveland could all finish anywhere from 2nd and 4th depending on the results of the day. Similarly, Orlando, Indiana, Philly and Miami could all finish anywhere from 5th to 8th.

It really wasn't a scenario where a team could just target they match-up they wanted, even if they actually wanted to do that. Way too many variables.

Their game vs the Bulls went to OT…

Unless there was no internet in the building so they did not know? LOL

We don't give AF who we play boss

We got a lot. of experience on this team now n we're battle tested... so bring on whoever

Return to The General Board