2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN SWEEPS 4-0)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Winner

Timberwolves in 4
12%
Timberwolves in 5
14%
Timberwolves in 6
20%
Timberwolves in 7
12%
Suns in 4
3%
Suns in 5
5%
Suns in 6
26%
Suns in 7
9%

Total votes: 292

spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,164

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#1221 » by spanishninja » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:00 pm

KokoKaizer wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
KokoKaizer wrote:
Wow, if you need Bol in order to win, you're quite sure to be delusional

if you actually know things, you will be aware that he's actually been a key piece for us off the bench. Sure he's not the main difference maker but right now we need all the help we can get. Most notably, he's not Eubanks, already a plus.

Well, that's a problem for you then... I saw plenty of him as a Magic fan and, yes he can have some impressive plays but it follows with low IQ one more than often.

we definitely thought he was just some joke signing at first, but especially during the second half of the season he has progressed quite a bit since coming here. Efficiency way up, turnovers way down. Look at all of his advanced stats, net rating, etc.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,648

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#1222 » by schnakenpopanz » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:22 pm

I mean I don't think suns can win the series by what i have seen in the first two games. They have to show some pride and dedication for gm3 or this will end up in a very ugly fashion.
Vogel gone, Booker/KD on the market, no positive outlook anytime soon.
free steve nash!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,567

Post#1223 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:32 pm

mkot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Bol also had some good minutes for us, and given his length and ability to hit 3s as well, I don't know why they don't at least try him some.

He is a massive liability on the other end. He is not a serious playoff player let alone making an impact. I said the same thing about Yuta Watanabe when we signed him, and he is likely going back to Japan next season.

I agree he can be a liability, but he has length, can hit 3s, rebound, finish, etc. Against a big team like this where the Suns are not doing well at all, I'd try him at least a few minutes. You can always yank him quickly.

I know any of these minimum guys are not serious playoff players or they wouldn't be minimum players but I also don't think some of the other guys are serious playoff players, like Eubanks for example.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,322

Post#1224 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:57 pm

When Bol had a mismatch against (barely) 6'0 Jordan McLaughlin and couldn't get rid of the ball fast enough, I had seen all I needed to...
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,746

Post#1225 » by Clav » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:26 pm

I'm looking forward to Phoenix coming out with intensity and really searching to get Booker, KD, or Beal on a heater. Or two of the three. If the Suns can get some shots to roll, the crowd behind them, and confidence up, building a lead. They can win a game.

What seems to be happening is that when there are shift changes the defensive pressure is highly affecting the primary options for PHO and the bench players are just not connecting. (Allen being out or d2d is a loss he had a great season).

I still think MIN wins the series but this G3 I really feel that the fight of the Suns will come out.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,562

Post#1226 » by Calinks » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:54 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
Calinks wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Wolves absolutely hit a home run in the 2020 draft, they got Ant #1 which was the right pick, and then at 28 they get Jaden McDaniels. I really think if Mavs had drafted McDaniels over Josh Green they would have all the pieces right now to win a championship, but the Mavs usually screw it up outside of Luka and Dirk (both Donnie Nelson picks, who they fired).

Gerson Rosas who is now with the Knicks does not get the credit he deserves for building the amazing foundation of this team. Tim Conelly gets all the credit and Tim has been great but Gerson did half the work. He picked Ant, he took Jaden, he moved Wiggins contract which at the time, seemed impossible. He found and hired Chris Finch when most people had no clue who he was. Gerson is a damn genius architect.

even the Edwards pick doesn't get enough credit. Normally there is a consensus #1 pick but with the Covid year and weak class overall, there was no consensus number 1. Many people had Lamelo or Wiseman at #1. Shout out to them for identifying the best player in a very weird year.

Yep I also forgot to mention, Gerson signed undrafted player Naz Reid who just became 6th man of the year. I can't understate how great of a job he did bringing talent into here while he was running things. He had his issues but the man had a ridiculous eye for talent. I told Knick fans they have a real talented guy when he officially joined them.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,887

Post#1227 » by shrink » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 pm

Calinks wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
Calinks wrote:Gerson Rosas who is now with the Knicks does not get the credit he deserves for building the amazing foundation of this team. Tim Conelly gets all the credit and Tim has been great but Gerson did half the work. He picked Ant, he took Jaden, he moved Wiggins contract which at the time, seemed impossible. He found and hired Chris Finch when most people had no clue who he was. Gerson is a damn genius architect.

even the Edwards pick doesn't get enough credit. Normally there is a consensus #1 pick but with the Covid year and weak class overall, there was no consensus number 1. Many people had Lamelo or Wiseman at #1. Shout out to them for identifying the best player in a very weird year.

Yep I also forgot to mention, Gerson signed undrafted player Naz Reid who just became 6th man of the year. I can't understate how great of a job he did bringing talent into here while he was running things. He had his issues but the man had a ridiculous eye for talent. I told Knick fans they have a real talented guy when he officially joined them.

I agree on Rosas: Ant, Jaden, Naz and Finch added to KAT helped build most of the house. It frustrates me when Lore and ARod claim to be the sole architects of MIN success. Gobert, Conley and Connelly are great too, but they remind me of house flippers, that buy a dilapidated property, add some high end features, and then sell the house “they built” for a big profit for themselves.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,790

Post#1228 » by thinktank » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

“House flipper”. Nah.

Connelly, Gobert, Conley, and NAW are just as important as Ant, Jaden, Naz, and Finch.

Consider Ant was a good draft pick #1, while Gobert trade took great vision.

50/50.
"a poor addition to the board"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,109

Post#1229 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:29 pm

shrink wrote:It frustrates me when Lore and ARod claim to be the sole architects of MIN success. Gobert, Conley and Connelly are great too, but they remind me of house flippers, that buy a dilapidated property, add some high end features, and then sell the house “they built” for a big profit for themselves.

You have it backwards, in my opinion.

Rosas built on a foundation of Karl-Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,599

Post#1230 » by TimberKat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 pm

thinktank wrote:“House flipper”. Nah.

Connelly, Gobert, Conley, and NAW are just as important as Ant, Jaden, Naz, and Finch.

Consider Ant was a good draft pick #1, while Gobert trade took great vision.

50/50.

50/50 is about right. Didn't like the DLo trade (because we give up the #1) and Culver draft was terrible. I supposed you could say he needed Culver to bottom out and draft Ant. Vanderbilt/Beasley trade was good. Got lucky with JMcD. Could had Maxey or Quickley or Bane. Had he drafted Bane or Quickley instead of Bolmaro than I would give him a A+.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1231 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:40 pm

Yeah, not great to admit this when you're already down 2-0 in the series...

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,533

Post#1232 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 pm

Klomp wrote:Yeah, not great to admit this when you're already down 2-0 in the series...

Read on Twitter

Always some type of conflict on every Durant team.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1233 » by shrink » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 pm

Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:It frustrates me when Lore and ARod claim to be the sole architects of MIN success. Gobert, Conley and Connelly are great too, but they remind me of house flippers, that buy a dilapidated property, add some high end features, and then sell the house “they built” for a big profit for themselves.

You have it backwards, in my opinion.

Rosas built on a foundation of Karl-Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell.

And Ant, Naz, Jaden and Finch, right?

I think we kind of need those guys too,
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,822

Post#1234 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:16 pm

Both Rosas and Conelly been fantastic assembling the core of players. Rosas with drafts (all hits except Culver and Bolmaro). And Connelly ace with trades and overall deals (his only draftee Leonard Miller doesn't play yet).

But Rosas was a toxic work place influence with the sex scandal, so he had to go. He blew his opportunity. And we bounced back well with TC, who genuinely seems to have sound plan of how to assemble a contender.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,322

Post#1235 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:21 pm

Klomp wrote:Yeah, not great to admit this when you're already down 2-0 in the series...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,533

Post#1236 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:30 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Oh at first that tweet wouldn't load I didn't realize he said that in 2022. I was like uhh not really. Today's Suns is more like "is it your turn? Or my turn?" They don't even have a point guard.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1238 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:41 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I just realized, that was the same night as this gem!

Read on Twitter

shrink
RealGM

Post#1239 » by shrink » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:05 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hilarious! I don’t think I ever saw that.

It say something about Russell’s defensive impact that the announcers didn’t even notice!

Used to MIN defending 4-on-5, even when he’s on the floor?
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,020

Post#1240 » by wolves_89 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:31 am

Shaka_Zulu wrote:Both Rosas and Conelly been fantastic assembling the core of players. Rosas with drafts (all hits except Culver and Bolmaro). And Connelly ace with trades and overall deals (his only draftee Leonard Miller doesn't play yet).

I would rate Rosas as a mid tier GM due to the extreme hit an miss record he compiled. In terms of the draft, he hit on Ant, McDaniels, and Reid and missed on Culver, Balmaro, and the 2021 draft (lost a mid lottery pick and an early 2nd to acquire DLO).

Return to The General Board