GG Jackson

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 822

Re: GG Jackson 

Post#21 » by KOA » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:08 am

Dacost wrote:
KOA wrote:This thread is a bit absurd. Dude will be out of the league in a few. Poor shooter, poor rebounder, and poor defender. #1 pick in this draft? C’mon….

Comments like this are just overall lazy and are the worst because by saying he can't shot it means you never seen him play.

I still think he needs more time and to see how he fits with JA.But 6'9 good shooting wings will always be in the league.

Saying he is a number one pick is absurd but saying he will be out the league is idiotic and lazy do better.

What makes you think he can stick in the league? He’s played poorly on a bad team. Doesn’t get worse than that
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,287

Post#22 » by Dacost » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:17 am

KOA wrote:
Dacost wrote:
KOA wrote:This thread is a bit absurd. Dude will be out of the league in a few. Poor shooter, poor rebounder, and poor defender. #1 pick in this draft? C’mon….

Comments like this are just overall lazy and are the worst because by saying he can't shot it means you never seen him play.

I still think he needs more time and to see how he fits with JA.But 6'9 good shooting wings will always be in the league.

Saying he is a number one pick is absurd but saying he will be out the league is idiotic and lazy do better.

What makes you think he can stick in the league? He’s played poorly on a bad team. Doesn’t get worse than that
bro you couldn't even bother to read my whole post stop been so lazy.

"6'9 good shooting wings will always be in the league"

He is also 18 so no way he will be out in a few.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 615

Post#23 » by madskillz8 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:33 am

Dacost wrote:
KOA wrote:
Dacost wrote:Comments like this are just overall lazy and are the worst because by saying he can't shot it means you never seen him play.

I just checked his age because I thought it would be impossible to be drafted at age 17. He's almost 19.5, not 18, lol.

I know fans especially the ones of losing teams love to glorify their rookies but come on. Imagine Detroit gets 1st pick lottery and immediately calls Memphis FO to trade it for GG Jackson but they demand Ausar or Jalen too, because GG Jackson is that good.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 182

Post#24 » by QMemphis » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:36 am

KOA wrote:
Dacost wrote:

GG has led this team to victories over Giannis and Dame led Bucks team, Steph and Draymond lead Warriors team and just went toe to toe with LeBron James before losing by 3 that could’ve gone either way. Those are 3 of the top Non Victor or Chet rookie moments of the year. Also being the youngest player in the league grinding the way he has shows he has a greater chance of being an all star than out of the league.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#25 » by John Murdoch » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:49 am

Karate Diop wrote:It's funny how people on this dude's nuts but then go out and hate on Cam Thomas.

Nets fans stay having that victim mentality
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,111

Post#26 » by GrandTheftRondo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:56 am

John Murdoch wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:It's funny how people on this dude's nuts but then go out and hate on Cam Thomas.

Nets fans stay having that victim mentality

Hilarious how defensive they get over a mediocre as hell player in Cam **** Thomas
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,287

Post#27 » by Dacost » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:36 am

madskillz8 wrote:
Dacost wrote:
KOA wrote:

I just checked his age because I thought it would be impossible to be drafted at age 17. He's almost 19.5, not 18, lol.

I know fans especially the ones of losing teams love to glorify their rookies but come on. Imagine Detroit gets 1st pick lottery and immediately calls Memphis FO to trade it for GG Jackson but they demand Ausar or Jalen too, because GG Jackson is that good.
Yea I agree with that but I also don't think he will be out the league in a few.
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,660

Post#28 » by PlatinumState » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:00 pm

Someone had to score when so many players are injured on the Grizz.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,095

Post#29 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:29 pm

If thomas can really fall in love with winning games, or get a little more real with himself as a player. I think most belive he can become an all star level player. He’s some combination of unaware how his weaknesses hurt him and his team, and indifferent to these weaknesses. What’s crazy is that he still put up 22 a night on slightly below lesgue average efficiency
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,692

Post#30 » by Pointgod » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:18 pm

Grizzlies will be good next year. A Ja, JJJ, Smart and Banes core is strong. They were obviously tanking this year and they’ll be able to build a bench of young, productive role players like GG, Aldama, Vince Williams, Brandon Clarke etc. They’ll also have a lottery pick to add to it. I think the biggest thing is that they have to replace Steven Adams as a guy who takes up space and allows JJJ to do his thing defensively. JJJ is not a Center. Too foul prone and they do nowhere with him @ C.
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,470

Post#31 » by Saints14 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:44 pm

It's funny, every year we see guys who were top recruits and preseason projected top 10/lotto picks do poorly in college, get picked late first/2nd round based on high school potential and are almost always wasted picks (BJ Boston, Patrick Baldwin, Caleb Houstan, Max Christie, Jaden Hardy of recent years). It's crude, but under a certain college BPM and you can be pretty sure a guy is just not gonna make it. Past 2 years, Peyton Watson and GG Jackson were both fairly awful in college and look like good swings. The jury is still very much out on GG, but the fact that he came in, could score fairly efficiently and just wasn't a trainwreck as one of the youngest (the youngest?) players in the league tells you he should at the very least stick around.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#32 » by azcatz11 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:45 pm

Pointgod wrote:Grizzlies will be good next year. A Ja, JJJ, Smart and Banes core is strong. They were obviously tanking this year and they’ll be able to build a bench of young, productive role players like GG, Aldama, Vince Williams, Brandon Clarke etc. They’ll also have a lottery pick to add to it. I think the biggest thing is that they have to replace Steven Adams as a guy who takes up space and allows JJJ to do his thing defensively. JJJ is not a Center. Too foul prone and they do nowhere with him @ C.

They may draft that big stiff edey…I can see them doing that.
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,378

Post#33 » by Ambrose » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:27 pm

You could make an argument GG is better at 19 than Thomas was at 21, and his ceiling appears considerably higher, so that's probably why.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#34 » by ROballer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:41 pm

Lol, let's pump the brakes a bit. This team played 34 guys this year, they literally didn't have nobody at certain points. He had unlimited usage and no leash.

Whoever is expecting either GG or Vince to have big roles when all guys are healthy are kidding themselvez.

Morant/Smart/Bane/Jackson are undisputed starters and they might get Clingan to fill in as C.

Or run with Aldama/ Clarke.

GG and Vince are 15-20 mins a game guys on a healthy Griz roster. If that.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,864

Post#35 » by DirtybirdGA » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:37 pm

I wasn't aware he's a drummer for his dad's church. Vid is lopsided, so excuse that.

[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5owWqYufLw/?igsh=cWQ4Y2E2YnRtanI0[/instagram]
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,864

Post#36 » by DirtybirdGA » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:40 pm

He plays drums for his dad's church. Video clip wouldn't work for me. he seems like a good guy
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,559

Post#37 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:59 pm

GG Jackson is the youngest player in the NBA. He´s almost one year younger than Wemby. He´s 138 days younger than the second youngest player in the NBA (Dariq Whitehead). He´s younger than Cody Williams, Buzelis,Sheppard, Castle and Jakobe Walker and already has two 40-point games under his belt. I´m biased but I don´t think it´s an absurd to think he would be a top 5 pick in this draft.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
BAMAFREAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,370

Post#38 » by BAMAFREAK » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:10 pm

madskillz8 wrote:NBA 101 - Introduction to NBA fandom:
never ever put too much stock in late season performances from already eliminated and tanking teams.

Otherwise you can genuinely believe say Buddy Hield is going to be all-star and Skal Labissiere is about to become a solid starter. Been there, done that.

I agree with your premise, however, this is not due to a few good performances. I’ve been vocal on the draft board about how immense this guys upside is and how him reclassifying was a gift for the Grizzlies.
First of all, he was a top tier recruit showing elite size and scoring ability early on. He reclassified late and signed with a bad South Carolina team without any structure.
His freshman and only year there was a mess as he was a puppy tasked with leading and keeping a bad team in games.
His efficiency was bad but it was absolutely obvious that this guy has elite tools and a deep bag as a 3 way scorer at 6’9. The fact he made it to 45 is malpractice among nba front offices. You gotta take a flyer on talent like his.
And for you to bring up Buddy Hield is ignorant. He was like a 25 year old rookie who was maxed out physically and skill wise. GG is the opposite.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 182

Post#39 » by QMemphis » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:57 pm

ROballer wrote:Lol, let's pump the brakes a bit. This team played 34 guys this year, they literally didn't have nobody at certain points. He had unlimited usage and no leash.

Whoever is expecting either GG or Vince to have big roles when all guys are healthy are kidding themselvez.

Morant/Smart/Bane/Jackson are undisputed starters and they might get Clingan to fill in as C.

Or run with Aldama/ Clarke.

GG and Vince are 15-20 mins a game guys on a healthy Griz roster. If that.

Vince as Grizz fans knew before our GM confirmed yesterday that he will have a huge role next year and GG will be given the opportunity to be 6th man of the year. We don’t limit our players in fact We shut Vince down in early March that’s how confident we were in not only his defense and shooting but his playmaking as well. So no we aren’t holding the breaks given the sample size us Grizz fans have seen for months.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,823

Post#40 » by UcanUwill » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:03 pm

MemphisX wrote:
Dacost wrote:

Saying he would be the #1 pick in the 2024 draft is not absurd at all.

Kid goes top 5 in this draft. No one seem to know who will be number one pick, its a piss take draft on top, but if one argues he is at the same level or possibly better than Risacher and Buzelis, what do we really have to challenge that claim?

Return to The General Board