Wemby and Chet lead the league in blocks

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,794

Wemby and Chet lead the league in blocks 

Post#1 » by RoyceDa59 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:43 pm

The first time in NBA history two rookies lead the league in total blocks. Complete insanity.

Best rookie class we’ve seen in decades.
Go Raps!!
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 712

Re: Wemby and Chet lead the league in blocks 

Post#2 » by UglyBugBall » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:44 pm

Do you mean it's the first time a rookie and second year player has lead the league in blocks?

Imagine you're in first grade of high school. You sat in on every class, but weren't officially enrolled, so you got to skip all the tests. You just sat, and learned by watching and listening for the entire year. Next year you officially enroll, redo the class and get straight A's on every test. Are you way smarter than the first year kid who got a B?
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,939

Post#3 » by Sofia » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:04 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:Do you mean it's the first time a rookie and second year player has lead the league in blocks?

Imagine you're in first grade of high school. You sat in on every class, but weren't officially enrolled, so you got to skip all the tests. You just sat, and learned by watching and listening for the entire year. Next year you officially enroll, redo the class and get straight A's on every test. Are you way smarter than the first year kid who got a B?

So if the Heat signed Spolstra to a playing contract next season he wouldn’t be a rookie?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,588

Post#4 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:05 pm

In before Chets not a rookie

Edit: Too late
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,123

Post#5 » by zimpy27 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:12 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:Do you mean it's the first time a rookie and second year player has lead the league in blocks?

Wemby had 3-4.years of pro European experience before this season. Playing against men.

You think that's comparable to guys who did 2-3 years high school and 1 of college?

Rookie season is your first season playing and we don't care what you did before then.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,471

Post#6 » by reload141 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:18 pm

Oh… you’re “that” guy.

Please stop posting
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,988

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:18 pm

being mad that players who didn't play a single game before this year are referred to as a rookie is just one of the dumbest tropes.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
UglyBugBall
Senior

Post#8 » by UglyBugBall » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:22 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

Wemby had 3-4.years of pro European experience before this season. Playing against men.

You think that's comparable to guys who did 2-3 years high school and 1 of college?

Rookie season is your first sea playing and we don't care what you did before then.

Did Wemby learn all the plays of the Spurs in Europe? Did he learn what it's like to play 82 games a seaosn in different timezones? Did he learn his teammates tendencies, where they like the ball, how they play and how he could fit in? Did Poppovic give him the gameplan and tell him what he wanted him to work on? Did he get the Spurs trainers on staff?
UglyBugBall
Senior

Post#9 » by UglyBugBall » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:23 pm

reload141 wrote:

Oh… you’re “that” guy.

Please stop posting

I provided a very clear and logical argument. You provided no counter argument. So you basically agree with me, you're just too emotional to admit it.
reload141
RealGM

Post#10 » by reload141 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:28 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
reload141 wrote:

Oh… you’re “that” guy.

Please stop posting

I provided a very clear and logical argument. You provided no counter argument. So you basically agree with me, you're just too emotional to admit it.

Sitting out a season and referencing that isn’t a “very clear and logical argument”

You’re basing your whole argument not on facts, just based around what you actually think is “logical”

Chet didn’t play.

They both had a “proper” amazing rookie season with Wemby doing it better, what’s wrong with that?
UglyBugBall
Senior

Post#11 » by UglyBugBall » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:30 pm

reload141 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Oh… you’re “that” guy.

Please stop posting

Sitting out a season and referencing that isn’t a “very clear and logical argument”

You’re basing your whole argument not on facts, just based around what you actually think is “logical”

Chet didn’t play.

They both had a “proper” amazing rookie season with Wemby doing it better, what’s wrong with that?

He didn't play. My analogy covered that. It's the same as sitting in on a class but never taking the tests. I already covered this.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,190

Post#12 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:33 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:being mad that players who didn't play a single game before this year are referred to as a rookie is just one of the dumbest tropes.

I mean I kind of get it. IT definitely should be an *

Players who are drafted and only play garbage time minutes are no longer rookies the next season - but are we really acting like the 200 garbage time minutes are really that significant?

I do like the way the NHL does their rookie race - players are considered rookies until they play so many games (in the NBA you could use minutes instead).
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,803

Post#13 » by Jadoogar » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:35 pm

please stop this. if he's a rookie by the NBA's rules, then it's ok to qualify him as a rookie.
reload141
RealGM

Post#14 » by reload141 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:39 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
reload141 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:

Chet didn’t play.

He didn't play. My analogy covered that. It's the same as sitting in on a class but never taking the tests. I already covered this.

Correct. You did. So they are both 1st year rookies.

I’m glad we came to this conclusion together :)
UglyBugBall
Senior

Post#15 » by UglyBugBall » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:42 pm

reload141 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
reload141 wrote:

Chet didn’t play.

So the kid that spent a year in school, never took the tests, and then redid the class next year and acted the tests didn't have any advantage? Got it
reload141
RealGM

Post#16 » by reload141 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:45 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
reload141 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:

So the kid that spent a year in school, never took the tests, and then redid the class next year and acted the tests didn't have any advantage? Got it

Glad you understand now :)

When actual NBA games are played, that’s what matters not “tests in school”
UglyBugBall
Senior

Post#17 » by UglyBugBall » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:46 pm

reload141 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
reload141 wrote:

So had Chets rookie season happened the year before he would have posted the exact same numbers and had the exact same impact right?
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,218

Post#18 » by JDR720 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:47 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
reload141 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:

And? Wemby was an "Honor Role" student who transferred schools. Therefor, he isn't a "rookie" either.
reload141
RealGM

Post#19 » by reload141 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:48 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
reload141 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:

So had Chets rookie season happened the year before he would have posted the exact same numbers and had the exact same impact right?

Possibly? We will never know.

But they both had a fantastic rookie season and lead the league in blocks together.

Not sure why this such a hard thing to understand?
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,835

Post#20 » by KembaWalker » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:49 pm

I dunno about who’s smarter but, you’d definitely be called a freshman, not a sophomore. So this analogy is pretty terrible for your point :lol:

Return to The General Board