2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Nuggets in 4
27%
Nuggets in 5
38%
Nuggets in 6
17%
Nuggets in 7
1%
Lakers in 7
5%
Lakers in 6
8%
Lakers in 5
0%
Lakers in 4
3%

Total votes: 404

LaLover11
Pro Prospect
And1: 525

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 2-0) 

Post#3021 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:12 am

KyRo23 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
mademan wrote:Lakers shouldnt even be playing to win anymore. Just play for pride man

Getting swept b2b years by the same team (and swept in the RS in between) is embarrassing as hell.

If Lakers protect home court they will win this series

Spencer Dinwiddie average 17PPG in the 2023 season.
He needs to start scoring and give up this Defender role with the Lakers, if they really want to win

He doesn't have a defender role with LA. They just want ANYTHING from him. The guy commits a foul when he comes into every game, first possession, without fail. LA doesn't think he is a good defender or ask him to be one. He's just a filler because they have no one else

I've seen several post game interviews from Darvin Ham saying he's his defender and like him in that role.

Also Dinwiddie had a Live on court interview after blocking Lillard for a game winning possession to win the game.

He said " I was brought here to play hard defense and help this team with that role. I'm getting used to it and of course I would love the pretty stats "scoring" but that's not what I was brought to this team since they already have LeBron/AD/ DLo etc

So yes they are making him play the defender role
Ham is dumb because he should've had Dinwiddie on that last possession vs Murray to have a fresh big guard on Murray vs a tired AD in my opinion.

The issue is they are not utilizing Dinwiddie as a scorer and that's exactly what his game is.

The reason he gets quick fouls when he gets in the game is because they tell him to play hard defense aka foul.

He needs to average 12ppg for the Lakers to have a real chance to win. Gabe is another player that is acting like a defender in the Lakers rotation which is dumb.

He needs to simply just score and give the starting 5 offense relive when they go on a scoring draught
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,046

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 2-0) 

Post#3022 » by KyRo23 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am

LaLover11 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

He needs to start scoring and give up this Defender role with the Lakers, if they really want to win

He doesn't have a defender role with LA. They just want ANYTHING from him. The guy commits a foul when he comes into every game, first possession, without fail. LA doesn't think he is a good defender or ask him to be one. He's just a filler because they have no one else

I've seen several post game interviews from Darvin Ham saying he's his defender and like him in that role.

Also Dinwiddie had a Live on court interview after blocking Lillard for a game winning possession to win the game.

He said " I was brought here to play hard defense and help this team with that role. I'm getting used to it and of course I would love the pretty stats "scoring" but that's not what I was brought to this team since they already have LeBron/AD/ DLo etc

Ham is dumb because he should've had Dinwiddie on that last possession vs Murray to have a fresh big guard on Murray vs a tired AD in my opinion.

The issue is they are not utilizing Dinwiddie as a scorer and that's exactly what his game is.

The reason he gets quick fouls when he gets in the game is because they tell him to play hard defense aka foul.

He needs to average 12ppg for the Lakers to have a real chance to win. Gabe is another player that is acting like a defender in the Lakers rotation which is dumb.

He needs to simply just score and give the starting 5 offense relive when they go on a scoring draught

I mean they inspire everyone to be a defender :lol: Dlo said he also is urged to be one... we all know he is not a defender

His isn't fouling hard either. It's not like he is being an enforcer. He is hooking players off of screens and then crying to the ref. Not really the hard nosed defender role, if that's what he's really going for.

Gabe is more of a defender than Spencer is... he showed some great stuff with Miami. Although LA isn't Miami, I think you're the first person to say Gabe as a defender is dumb
LaLover11
Pro Prospect

Post#3023 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:32 am

KyRo23 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

I mean they inspire everyone to be a defender :lol: Dlo said he also is urged to be one... we all know he is not a defender

His isn't fouling hard either. It's not like he is being an enforcer. He is hooking players off of screens and then crying to the ref. Not really the hard nosed defender role, if that's what he's really going for.

Gabe is more of a defender than Spencer is... he showed some great stuff with Miami. Although LA isn't Miami, I think you're the first person to say Gabe as a defender is dumb

Let's think of this way, Steve Kerr would've loved to have Spencer and Gabe in his Warriors team this Season.

The reality is both of them might've started vs Klay
I know for a fact Kerr would've told Spencer and Gabe to help Curry with the Offensive load 100%

Like you said DLo is asked of defense yet he still throws up 20 FGA in the playoffs he doesn't listen to Ham.

Spencer and Gabe have to at least both throw up at least 6FGA attempts per game no matter what.

Them playing and having zero FGA or 3 or less is a waste of talent and a potential 8-20 pts combined together.

We already know that Lakers can't really guard Nuggets
They need those two players offense to try and outscore them, unfortunately I think the whole scoring will keep staying on AD/LeBron/Reaves/DLo.

Which as we've seen in the past 10 games they get the lead and always lose it in the 4th quarter when those four players are exhausted smh

Let's see them doing the same game plan for the 11th game and hope they hold the lead lol it's the same game plan and same result every time!! Doesn't matter if DLo makes his points like we saw last night
Donuts83
Freshman
And1: 67

Post#3024 » by Donuts83 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:36 am

EmpireFalls wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:If Vanderbilt and Wood come back that would allow LA to go with some big lineups.

I can assure you Jarred Vanderbilt and Christian Wood aren’t the answer. Vando got played off the floor and I am cracking up imagining Wood trying to guard Jokic.
Jokic and AD played each other to a draw. It's not Jokic that is the problem. It's that they receive little support from their role players. Denver beat them in that Non-Jokic minutes. That makes no sense. As a coach you cant let that slide.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,960

Post#3025 » by Wolfgang630 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:43 am

Lmao at Stephen A saying he’s sad the Lakers had to face Denver in round 1. He’s speaking for a lot of media who didn’t want LA to go out early.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#3026 » by perempe20 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:01 am

I like Jokic, but his defensive shortcomings were exposed in the first half. I mean those open mid-range shots. They were great plays for the Lakers, I don't know why did not run those plays later.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,199

Post#3027 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:39 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:Lmao at Stephen A saying he’s sad the Lakers had to face Denver in round 1. He’s speaking for a lot of media who didn’t want LA to go out early.

I wanted Denver still want Denver :)

Go Big Or Go Home. And If you go home then you can start early on the following year :)
ie; new coach, players :)
Bring back Defense
LaLover11
Pro Prospect

Post#3028 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:00 am

perempe20 wrote:I like Jokic, but his defensive shortcomings were exposed in the first half. I mean those open mid-range shots. They were great plays for the Lakers, I don't know why did not run those plays later.

Because AD only shot 1 time in the 4th quarter
He needs to demand the ball and not stand in the corner
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,428

Post#3029 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:49 am

LaLover11 wrote:
perempe20 wrote:I like Jokic, but his defensive shortcomings were exposed in the first half. I mean those open mid-range shots. They were great plays for the Lakers, I don't know why did not run those plays later.

Exactly.
That was the best game of AD's career, until...
He didn't want the ball at the end :noway:
He was cooking Jokic all game. It could be his time if he wants it, but doesn't look like he does.
Great player, but has to believe in him self when it counts the most.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kaansunman
Freshman
And1: 43

Post#3030 » by kaansunman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:23 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Exactly.
He was cooking Jokic all game. It could be his time if he wants it, but doesn't look like he does.

That's classic AD, how many times we witness this, he becomes invisible at last quarters, hide in the corner. It was unfortunate that after his statement for DPOY, Jokic cooked him in the post and Murray beat the buzzer over him in last minute. Life...
LaLover11
Pro Prospect

Post#3031 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 am

kaansunman wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Exactly.

That's classic AD, how many times we witness this, he becomes invisible at last quarters, hide in the corner. It was unfortunate that after his statement for DPOY, Jokic cooked him in the post and Murray beat the buzzer over him in last minute. Life...

Unfortunately he really is the ultimate #3 option
Lakers need a guard like Mitchell/Booker

That would give the Lakers the Heat Big 3 core/setup
He will never be a 4th quarter guy because he's exhausted from playing defense for three hard quarters

Mitchell would be Prime Wade lite to match up with all the Star Guards in the West
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 2,961

Post#3032 » by BelgradeNugget » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:03 am

Aren't midrange shots the least valuable shots in the game? Nuggets defensive schemes are based on letting Davis shoot those shots, the same as with Bam last year in the finals.

AD shooting in the playoffs against Denver 2023
in the paint (non-ra) 48.0%
mid-range 36.4%

AD shooting in regular season 2023-24
in the paint (non-ra) 43.3%
mid-range 37.5%

AD shooting in regular season against Denver 2023-24
in the paint (non-ra) 36.4%
mid-range 25.0%

AD shooting in the playoffs against Denver 2024
in the paint (non-ra) 57.9%
mid-range 83.3%

Last game
in the paint (non-ra) 80%
mid-range 75%

I see a lot of open midrange shots for AD in next games, and I'm 100% sure he wont be shooting them 80%/75%
Persi
Freshman
And1: 65

Post#3033 » by Persi » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:22 am

LaLover11 wrote:
mademan wrote:Lakers shouldnt even be playing to win anymore. Just play for pride man

Getting swept b2b years by the same team (and swept in the RS in between) is embarrassing as hell.

There is being optimistic, being high and then this... :lol: :roll:
LaLover11
Pro Prospect

Post#3034 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 am

Persi wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

He's a hooper not Marcus smart or Tony Allen
Dinwiddie is not even trying to shoot because it's Ham's game plan lol. Lakers need to get atleast Gabe or Spencer to help DLo and Reaves carry the guard scoring
Hopefully Woods can be that guy who's allowed to throw up a few 3's to be that x factor.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,383

Post#3035 » by tsherkin » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:Denver has the best player in the league and they have surrounded him with a starting lineup that is absolutely perfectly complimentary - and the result is a 5 man squad that is far, far more than the sum of its parts. The Denver starting lineup when they are humming is absolutely beautiful basketball. Unselfish, engaged, each guy trusting the other to do the right thing.

I love watching this Nuggets squad play.

All of this ^^
Loaded_Hollows
Veteran
And1: 3,516

Post#3036 » by Loaded_Hollows » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:27 pm

LeBum lookin shakyyyyy babyyyyy
Doranku
Analyst
And1: 5,907

Post#3037 » by Doranku » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:35 pm

Loaded_Hollows wrote:LeBum lookin shakyyyyy babyyyyy

27/7/10 on 63% TS against the defending champs at age 39 in what really should be a 1-1 series with LA going home. I don't even like LeBron but y'all are ridiculous sometimes lol
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,554

Post#3038 » by cupcakesnake » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:52 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Persi wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Dinwiddie is not even trying to shoot because it's Ham's game plan lol. Lakers need to get atleast Gabe or Spencer to help DLo and Reaves carry the guard scoring
Hopefully Woods can be that guy who's allowed to throw up a few 3's to be that x factor.

Denver has beaten you 10 times in a row but yes absolutely, all the Lakers need to do is give Spencer Dinwiddie more offense and they'll easily win 4 of the next 5 games.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Jta444
Sophomore
And1: 227

Post#3039 » by Jta444 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 pm

Doranku wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:LeBum lookin shakyyyyy babyyyyy

27/7/10 on 63% TS against the defending champs at age 39 in what really should be a 1-1 series with LA going home. I don't even like LeBron but y'all are ridiculous sometimes lol

Here comes the individual stats lmao
LaLover11
Pro Prospect

Post#3040 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:29 pm

cupcakesnake wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Persi wrote:There is being optimistic, being high and then this... :lol: :roll:

Denver has beaten you 10 times in a row but yes absolutely, all the Lakers need to do is give Spencer Dinwiddie more offense and they'll easily win 4 of the next 5 games.

Spencer or Gabe have to score lol
Or should the Lakers keep doing the same thing from the past 10 games and keep losing?

Maybe just maybe make adjustments, might be a good thing to give yourself a chance

Return to The General Board