2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Nuggets in 4
27%
Nuggets in 5
38%
Nuggets in 6
17%
Nuggets in 7
1%
Lakers in 7
5%
Lakers in 6
8%
Lakers in 5
0%
Lakers in 4
3%

Total votes: 404

Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 575

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 2-0) 

Post#2861 » by Gregoire » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 am

madskillz8 wrote:
Oscirus wrote:lebron of all people bitching about the officiating is rich.

Seriously, he made a career with lowering his shoulder, pushing, shoving opponents on his way to the basket, and crab dribble or whatever you call, he frequently travels with the basketball (and often gets away with it) - but he throws f-word to the NBA reffing after one controversial call?

Look, just one very recent example: according to L2M report, the refs forgot to blow their whistles when he travelled "twice" in the last two minutes of that close April 12, Memphis game (the game with that 13 mins quarter which also benefited Lakers in the scoreboard). Also they missed Hachimura foul, thus 3 missed calls in the last two minutes while 4-5 teams had the same record in the west standings at that time. Had they lost it, Lakers would be in 9th seed, thus maybe not in the playoffs today - for the 3rd time in his 6th year in the Western Conference.

https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0022301177&eventNum=2102 (1:47-1:40 mark, he does not even care about pivot foot)

Yes. And also this.
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,790

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 2-0) 

Post#2862 » by AleksandarN » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:41 am

Read on Twitter
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,230

Post#2863 » by socal74 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 am

Shock Defeat wrote:Lakers complain about refs too much for a team that has gotten favorable ref treatment for their entire history. Ask the 2002 Kings

See this is the BS that I'm tired of people keep repeating. No one seems to mention game 5 when Shaq only had 1 FT attempt to Vlade's 10 in a game where the Lakers lost by 1 pt. Also the Kings **** the bed in game 7 on their home court missing FT's and hitting the side of the backboard on their corner 3's. The series wasn't lost in game 6. They lost it on their home court in Game 7 and the better team won.
socal74
Rookie

Post#2864 » by socal74 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:52 am

Soonercrazy84 wrote:Lakers fans hating Denver....it's because you can't beat these dudes.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Who's hating Denver? Nothing but respect to Denver. This is one of the better championship teams in the last 10 years. I belive they would have given the KD Warriors a run for their money
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,790

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 1-0) 

Post#2865 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:57 am

MelTurpin wrote:
The Corey's wrote:I'm a little confused. Porter is playing with a heavy heart?

I was under the impression that his brother was sentenced to prison for killing someone in a DUI.

Not exactly the heart strings to be tugging on

Very tough on the family. Also, his other brother was banned from the NBA for gambling and informing gamblers.

His family isn't the family to be concerned about. The family his brother killed are the ones with the heavy heart.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,964

Post#2866 » by Eagle4 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:59 am

AD falling into the bench as soon as Murray hits the game winner is ridiculously hilarious :lol: :lol:

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,297

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers 

Post#2867 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:59 am

Rishkar wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
Rishkar wrote:It's definitely close enough of a comparison that you can feel that way and I sure won't judge you for it. I just think Jokic has a bigger edge on offense than most people realize. Do you still think of Jokic as a below average defender? Because he plays on both sides of the ball (he's just limited by his athletic disadvantages). I don't think that it's an issue of effort

See what you just wrote here? You admitted he is LIMITED BY HIS ATHLETIC DISADVANTAGES, and but because he is making an effort, what he is.. a good defender at his peak? Should’nt the term dominant be described here?

He's absolutely limited athletically, he has all the mental tools to be a top defender in the league. I think Jokic is slightly above average

Mental tools cannot
1. Make you react quickly in instances that help you deflect the ball or intercept passes
2. Give you the ability to jump higher to bother more or actually block shots.
3 can’t make you go faster to chase and block breakaway layups.
Like what the other said, Jokic has a case for ATG with his impact on offense even though he can’t shoot like Steph, or leap over defenders like MJ etc but defense? Yes is not a bad defender but above average? Hmm I still don’t think so.. for now
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,790

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN leads 1-0) 

Post#2868 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 am

Donuts83 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:I'm a little confused. Porter is playing with a heavy heart?

I was under the impression that his brother was sentenced to prison for killing someone in a DUI.

Not exactly the heart strings to be tugging on
quit trolling. we aren't here for your bs. I wish the best for the porter family even though I dont agree with all his political views.

What you talking about? You don't care about his political views but you're ok with his brother killing someone? If Kenny Albert is gonna say he's playing with a heavy heart then perhaps he should also inform the viewer that the heavy heart is actually over his brother drunkenly killing someone.

It was a bull remark and the Porter family feelings on the matter isn't to be sympathize with. It was a bizarre thing to bring up considering the Porters aren't the victims here.
socal74
Rookie

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers 

Post#2869 » by socal74 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
Rishkar wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:See what you just wrote here? You admitted he is LIMITED BY HIS ATHLETIC DISADVANTAGES, and but because he is making an effort, what he is.. a good defender at his peak? Should’nt the term dominant be described here?

He's absolutely limited athletically, he has all the mental tools to be a top defender in the league. I think Jokic is slightly above average

Mental tools cannot
1. Make you react quickly in instances that help you deflect the ball or intercept passes
Like what the other said, Jokic has a case for ATG with his impact on offense even though he can’t shoot like Steph, or leap over defenders like MJ etc but defense? Yes is not a bad defender but above average? Hmm I still don’t think so.. for now

Jokic just does enough to make the team defense works. It helps that he has KCP at the point of attack and Aaron Gordon usually taking the star big.
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,842

Post#2870 » by QPR » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 am

You don't realise just how enormous Jokic is until you see him post up someone like AD like he's posting up his son.

Genuinely one of the best low post players of all time. His footwork is just mesmerising at times.
socal74
Rookie

Post#2871 » by socal74 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:10 am

QPR wrote:You don't realise just how enormous Jokic is until you see him post up someone like AD like he's posting up his son.

Genuinely one of the best low post players of all time. His footwork is just mesmerising at times.

Doesnt jump high or move fast but he has counters for counters.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,092

Post#2872 » by iggymcfrack » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:10 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
Rishkar wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:See what you just wrote here? You admitted he is LIMITED BY HIS ATHLETIC DISADVANTAGES, and but because he is making an effort, what he is.. a good defender at his peak? Should’nt the term dominant be described here?

Mental tools cannot

LOL, the fact that you mentioned this shows that you don't watch Jokic much. He has some of the fastest hands in the entire league. He had the 5th most deflections in the NBA this season. The next center on the list was Wembanyama at 10th. Jokic is absolutely an above average defender. There's no question.
turnaroundJ
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#2873 » by turnaroundJ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 am

would it make sense to hard double or blitz jokic at half court when he plods down the court while handling the ball? like the steph curry treatment. it seemed like a guaranteed bucket every single time he brought the ball down the floor himself. not saying that LA has the personnel for this but it may be worth a shot.
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,842

Post#2874 » by QPR » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:15 am

turnaroundJ wrote:would it make sense to hard double or blitz jokic at half court when he plods down the court while handling the ball? like the steph curry treatment. it seemed like a guaranteed bucket every single time he brought the ball down the floor himself. not saying that LA has the personnel for this but it may be worth a shot.

I reckon you could maybe do it once. He'd see it coming the next time and find the open guy before you could get to him.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,644

Post#2875 » by nomansland » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:36 am

QPR wrote:
turnaroundJ wrote:would it make sense to hard double or blitz jokic at half court when he plods down the court while handling the ball? like the steph curry treatment. it seemed like a guaranteed bucket every single time he brought the ball down the floor himself. not saying that LA has the personnel for this but it may be worth a shot.

I reckon you could maybe do it once. He'd see it coming the next time and find the open guy before you could get to him.

Exactly. Once, and then he'd find the open man and burn you. You probably couldn't even do it once.
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,920

Post#2876 » by mcmurphy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:37 am

QPR wrote:You don't realise just how enormous Jokic is until you see him post up someone like AD like he's posting up his son.

I'm sure Sir Charles really appreciates Jokic.

Lakers824
Ballboy
And1: 24

Post#2877 » by Lakers824 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:41 am

AleksandarN wrote:Remember when Jason Tympf a Lebron fan thought Jokic was the 8th best player in the league even when he won the MVP a couple of years ago. I guess Jokic won him over the last year lol

Lebron media fanboys are delusional. I remember Nick Wright sounding on the verge of tears on First Things First telling Broussard that Jokic can't "get it done in the playoffs" and even more embarrassing and outlandish comments such as Jokic not being a top 5 player when he joined a Denver Nuggets broadcast prior to last year's playoffs.

Ofcourse, after the first game, he said "my optimum that Lebron will beat the Nuggets is "boundless". After another loss in game 2, he said that the Lakers were clearly better and the Nuggets can't play any better and that the series will be 2-2 going to Denver. Quietened down after the sweep.

These acolytes in the media are either straight up delusional, or genuinely don't understand basketball.
JM00n69
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#2878 » by JM00n69 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:56 am

What a game this was!

And LOL at Lakers fans AND players complaining about a foul that took place way way before. What was that FTA disparity over this season again? Like +600 over all the teams they played? Jog on mate
Jta444
Sophomore
And1: 227

Post#2879 » by Jta444 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:05 am

Man just watched the last 2 plays Lebron had a WIDE OPEN shot but you can see he has doubt on it and missed it then Murray gets it going down the floor Lebron is out there to guard him but nope Lebron easily gives up the switch you can see in his face and body language he is so scared and knows what might happen knowing Jamal Murray then bam Murray hits the shot.

This is what separates Lebron from Jordan, Jokic, Bird, Magic even Kobe. He just is scared of the moment sometimes when the stakes are highest. You can say 2016 and 2013 but really Ray and Kyrie hit the shots with the most pressure. Even on defense he on last plays he is afraid he will get put on a poster game winning shot unlike Kobe who really wants to guard the player taking the last shot. This is what we say when it comes to MENTALITY Lebron is weak. Although the amazing thing is despite that weak mentality he is still one of the greatest. What is just unfortunate is we couldve seen someone so much better with that Jordan Bird Mamba Mentality.
JM00n69
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#2880 » by JM00n69 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:14 am

Jta444 wrote:Man just watched the last 2 plays Lebron had a WIDE OPEN shot but you can see he has doubt on it and missed it then Murray gets it going down the floor Lebron is out there to guard him but nope Lebron easily gives up the switch you can see in his face and body language he is so scared and knows what might happen knowing Jamal Murray then bam Murray hits the shot.

This is what separates Lebron from Jordan, Jokic, Bird, Magic even Kobe. He just is scared of the moment sometimes when the stakes are highest. You can say 2016 and 2013 but really Ray and Kyrie hit the shots with the most pressure. Even on defense he on last plays he is afraid he will get put on a poster game winning shot unlike Kobe who really wants to guard the player taking the last shot. This is what we say when it comes to MENTALITY Lebron is weak. Although the amazing thing is despite that weak mentality he is still one of the greatest. What is just unfortunate is we couldve seen someone so much better with that Jordan Bird Mamba Mentality.

I just watched the whole game this morning (live in London atm) and Lebron played amazing all game. He was really good on D and took it to the rim all game and made clutch shots all game. I was sure he'd make that three in the end that he missed. Fatigue will get to the best. LeBron had a really good game and this loss is not on him. This coming from a Denver fan btw.

Return to The General Board