What players could Lakers get for AD next season

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

LaLover11
Senior
And1: 398

Re: What players could Lakers get for AD next season 

Post#61 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:22 am

Warriorfan wrote:Why change healthy Lebron and AD can get to Conf finals in competitive West

I asked to come up with a trade that would give Lakers and LeBron a 2-3 championship window, not a western finals sweep every year by keeping AD
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,638

Post#62 » by OdomFan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:49 am

Why would you trade AD? trade Lebron and keep AD.
LaLover11
Senior

Post#63 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:56 am

OdomFan wrote:Why would you trade AD? trade Lebron and keep AD.

I know you don't like LeBron lol
Anyways it's because AD can't keep playing so inconsistent at his age and salary especially when he's a defensive juggernaut that can't guard the western conference Superstar Big men.

LeBron gives you a better chance to win a championship even at 39yrs old playing the Point Forward role.

Season stats don't matter for the Lakers, Playoff and championships matter. He needs a bonafide Guard to become his #1 option.

If the Mavs lose in the 1st round, I can already see them finding a way to get Kyrie and giving themselves a 2 yr championship window.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,513

Post#64 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:53 pm

Truth is, if trading one, better off trading both. Trading AD won’t get James an improved shot at a Chip before he retires. Trading James won’t get AD a chance at a Chip before he breaks down.

And to Pelicans makes most sense.

To Pelicans: AD + James

To 3rd Team (highest bidder): Ingram

To Lakers:
McCollum
Daniels
25 + 27 + 29 Pelicans 1sts
25 Lakers 1st (returned via Pelicans)
3rd Team Youth/Picks for Ingram

Pelicans sign vets and ring chasers - including Chris Paul.

Davis
Zion
James | Herb (load management for James)
Murphy
Paul | And of course Bronny
LaLover11
Senior

Post#65 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:07 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Truth is, if trading one, better off trading both. Trading AD won’t get James an improved shot at a Chip before he retires. Trading James won’t get AD a chance at a Chip before he breaks down.

And to Pelicans makes most sense.

To Pelicans: AD + James

To 3rd Team (highest bidder): Ingram

To Lakers:
McCollum
Daniels
25 + 27 + 29 Pelicans 1sts
25 Lakers 1st (returned via Pelicans)
3rd Team Youth/Picks for Ingram

Pelicans sign vets and ring chasers - including Chris Paul.

Davis
Zion
James | Herb (load management for James)
Murphy
Paul | And of course Bronny

That's funny because that Lakers team would be all time terrible lmao.

The sad reality is only LeBron, Bronny and Herb/Murphy would stay healthy in that team smh. Zion, AD and Paul would be in a wheelchair by the all star game
markjay
Starter
And1: 1,611

Post#66 » by markjay » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:08 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:AD for Giannis? That's the only type of trade where the Lakers are getting a top 10 player back but I'm not even sure Giannis + Lebron is a contender. Not sure why Bucks do it though unless he wants out.

What about AD, Reaves, DLo for Lillard and Lopez

Lillard is 33 years old and just shot 35.4% from the 3 and has one year left on his contract at $49 million. DLo is 27 years old,, just shot 41.5% from the three, and can probably be resigned for $25 million per year.

The Lakers would not be interested in trading AD alone for Lillard and Lopez, let alone throwing in DLo and Reaves.
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 642

Post#67 » by PedroFlu » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:24 pm

AD's defense and rebounding is the factor 1, 2 and 3 this team can even smell the playoffs. He showed he can stay healthy, so guy is a Premier #2 in the League. So you don't trade him.

Problem is LeBron is not a #1 anymore, that's very clear. Even if you consider him a #2, he'd need a #1 who excels on defense - that doesnt exists in this league. #1 guys are built on offense.

So, it's tough... LeBron clearly can't close games anymore, guy gets exhausted in the 4th quarter and he can't iso anymore. Thinking about the team, you'd try to trade LeBron - but you can't get equal value back because of his age, and anyways, you simply don't trade LeBron.

Then you're stuck with LeBron and AD for maybe the next 2 seasons, till LeBron retires. Only option of improving is using your assets (depth + picks) getting a Kyrie type shot creator/closer/iso SG scorer.

I think maybe this is as good as it gets. Keep the core intact. They'll never really contend, but they're a respectable team. Maybe you could get Donovan Mitchell for DLo, Rui, Max, + 03 picks + 02 swaps - but that would be a huge gamble. Even with Mitchell, LeBron and AD will just keep getting older and needing better players around them - then the hole would be in the rest of rotation players.

Maybe this actually as good as it gets from now on.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,259

Post#68 » by Tracymcgoaty » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:51 pm

No trade that would make the team better without him.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,366

Post#69 » by Tottery » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:09 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Tottery wrote:You're not going to be able to trade him for a better center. Guys like Jokic, Embiid, and Giannis are off the table. If you decide to get a lesser center, your interior defense will be hurting. I actually think the Lakers have a pretty good team as is, but they haven't been at full health yet. If Vando and Vincent were healthy they'd be a lot better defensively. Seems like Vincent is starting to get a groove, but Vando is out.

Spencer would be the first one I move in the offseason. Honestly, Lakers should have pursued Irving when they had the chance. Dude even admitted to going to their games because he wanted to be there.

The whole thread is about trading for a Star or Superstar Guard to become the #1 option to help with the scoring load and having a good big that can protect the and spread the floor, not trading for a superstar center

Yea. My point is that would fail. There is no one close to AD's level to protect the paint available. So, you'd have 2 really good guards and a big vulnerability. Teams would just take advantage of the paint like the Lakers do to the Pelicans. Or even look to the Suns. Not working so hot. Trade James if anything.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,192

Post#70 » by SA37 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:14 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Butler + Rozier + Jaquez + Picks?

FOR

Davis + Rui + Vincent

Lakers then have more assets. Need a follow up trade for a center. But until then…

Rozier
Reaves
Butler
James
Committee

Miami couldn't hang up the phone fast enough.

AD has been supremely unreliable and injury prone, which makes it hard to get back a player of similar value. I think the only teams that would be willing to give up significant assets would be small market teams that have traditionally struggled to attract talent, like Indiana (a trade built around Siakam and/or Myles Turner).

The Knicks and Mavs would be interested, but they really don't have the assets to make a deal, imo.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,022

Post#71 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:45 pm

AD for resigned Klay straight up
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,171

Post#72 » by ChipotleWest » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:13 pm

Tottery wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Tottery wrote:You're not going to be able to trade him for a better center. Guys like Jokic, Embiid, and Giannis are off the table. If you decide to get a lesser center, your interior defense will be hurting. I actually think the Lakers have a pretty good team as is, but they haven't been at full health yet. If Vando and Vincent were healthy they'd be a lot better defensively. Seems like Vincent is starting to get a groove, but Vando is out.

Spencer would be the first one I move in the offseason. Honestly, Lakers should have pursued Irving when they had the chance. Dude even admitted to going to their games because he wanted to be there.

The whole thread is about trading for a Star or Superstar Guard to become the #1 option to help with the scoring load and having a good big that can protect the and spread the floor, not trading for a superstar center

Yea. My point is that would fail. There is no one close to AD's level to protect the paint available. So, you'd have 2 really good guards and a big vulnerability. Teams would just take advantage of the paint like the Lakers do to the Pelicans. Or even look to the Suns. Not working so hot. Trade James if anything.

Can't trade Lebron he has an opt out and reportedly he wants a no trade clause to re-sign with the Lakers.
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#73 » by ChipotleWest » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:14 pm

SA37 wrote:

FOR

Davis + Rui + Vincent

Lakers then have more assets. Need a follow up trade for a center. But until then…

Rozier
Reaves
Butler
James
Committee

AD has been supremely unreliable and injury prone, which makes it hard to get back a player of similar value. I think the only teams that would be willing to give up significant assets would be small market teams that have traditionally struggled to attract talent, like Indiana (a trade built around Siakam and/or Myles Turner).

The Knicks and Mavs would be interested, but they really don't have the assets to make a deal, imo.

I think the Mavs are pretty happy with their bigs right now. Might change if they flame out in the first round but they're the hottest team in the NBA since the trade deadline other than Boston.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,513

Post#74 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:26 pm

SA37 wrote:

FOR

Davis + Rui + Vincent

Rozier
Reaves
Butler
James
Committee

Anytime you get the best player in the deal you don’t hang up the phone. Just stop.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,166

Post#75 » by Edrees » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 pm

Both Jokic and Luka in a 3 way trade. maybe curry to round it out
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,192

Post#76 » by SA37 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:20 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
SA37 wrote:

FOR

Davis + Rui + Vincent

Rozier
Reaves
Butler
James
Committee

I think the Mavs are pretty happy with their bigs right now. Might change if they flame out in the first round but they're the hottest team in the NBA since the trade deadline other than Boston.

If that is the case, that says a lot more of what they think about AD versus how they feel about their bigs.

I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but I can get why the Wolves would pass, but the Mavs?
ChipotleWest
Starter

Post#77 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:24 am

SA37 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
SA37 wrote:

If that is the case, that says a lot more of what they think about AD versus how they feel about their bigs.

I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but I can get why the Wolves would pass, but the Mavs?

I can't even think of a realistic trade from the Mavs for AD, especially without killing all of their depth. Kyrie + Washington + Lively? Is Luka + AD alone just going to win a championship? I mean yeah he would be the best player Luka ever played with but depth is important too. If you could pair Luka + Kyrie + AD that's a contender, but why would the Lakers do that trade? It's not good enough.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,793

Post#78 » by RoyceDa59 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:17 am

Lakers aren’t contending without AD.
Go Raps!!
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Post#79 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:00 pm

LaLover11 wrote:It can include also trading multiple role players Rui, Austin, Vando, DLo.

To match up with Denver and give LeBron a 2 yr championship window?

Realistically the Lakers could possibly get Zach LaVine and Nikola Vucevic for AD. They could possibly get a pick or two as well from Chicago.
LaLover11
Senior

Post#80 » by LaLover11 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:14 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
SA37 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

I can't even think of a realistic trade from the Mavs for AD, especially without killing all of their depth. Kyrie + Washington + Lively? Is Luka + AD alone just going to win a championship? I mean yeah he would be the best player Luka ever played with but depth is important too. If you could pair Luka + Kyrie + AD that's a contender, but why would the Lakers do that trade? It's not good enough.

Kyrie, Reaves, LeBron, Rui, Lively

Trade DLo, Gabe, Washington, Prince for Murray/Capela since Hawks are tanking next season.

That's a pretty good playoff rotation

Return to The General Board