The Play In is trash

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

LaLover11
Senior
And1: 400

Re: The Play In is trash 

Post#21 » by LaLover11 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:01 am

Hey OP why are you hiding
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 878

Post#22 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:02 am

blueberrysticky wrote:Created to save Lebron from getting into the playoffs automatically which he would have as an 8th seed with previous format?

All this tinfoil hat rig conspiracy theorists forget this one thing: you really think everyone in the nba: players and staff are able to keep this a secret and not snitch? No one will snitch? What kind of mental fortitude do you think the collective entity has? You sure are giving humanity a lot of credit. There is always a weakling who would have come out and said it if it was happening

yes because a rising tide raises all boats. The owners care only about money. The value of their franchises keeps marching up as long as ratings are decent and ad dollars keep pouring in. Whatever is necessary to keep the gravy train rolling they'll be okay with. The small market teams act as farm systems for big market teams and those markets that happen to be competitive for a time. The draft and trades happen to further the agenda of the league. The only people "in on it" are the owners, Silver, officials and a few of the stars that can be bought or influenced by their agents or under threat of losing marketing opportunities. THAT is how they're able to clearly rig the NBA.

You ask how it doesn't get exposed but it HAS been exposed. We KNOW officials have rigged games. We've literally watched the NBA rig the draft lottery for decades. We watched them orchestrate Kobe going to LA and Luka going to Dallas. We saw them veto a trade. We saw them rig the 2016 Finals before our very eyes. We've seen the media in bed with the player's association to keep salaries rising by voting for post-season awards a certain way. But with naive and biased fans that act as apologists for them no wonder sufficient proof is supposedly still lacking. How many conspiracies need to come true before people start to accept that it's ALL rigged. Politics, stock market, sports, Hollywood...all of it. And it's all to benefit the rich and powerful.
blueberrysticky
Analyst
And1: 38

Post#23 » by blueberrysticky » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:22 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
blueberrysticky wrote:Created to save Lebron from getting into the playoffs automatically which he would have as an 8th seed with previous format?

All this tinfoil hat rig conspiracy theorists forget this one thing: you really think everyone in the nba: players and staff are able to keep this a secret and not snitch? No one will snitch? What kind of mental fortitude do you think the collective entity has? You sure are giving humanity a lot of credit. There is always a weakling who would have come out and said it if it was happening

yes because a rising tide raises all boats. The owners care only about money. The value of their franchises keeps marching up as long as ratings are decent and ad dollars keep pouring in. Whatever is necessary to keep the gravy train rolling they'll be okay with. The small market teams act as farm systems for big market teams and those markets that happen to be competitive for a time. The draft and trades happen to further the agenda of the league. The only people "in on it" are the owners, Silver, officials and a few of the stars that can be bought or influenced by their agents or under threat of losing marketing opportunities. THAT is how they're able to clearly rig the NBA.

You ask how it doesn't get exposed but it HAS been exposed. We KNOW officials have rigged games. We've literally watched the NBA rig the draft lottery for decades. We watched them orchestrate Kobe going to LA and Luka going to Dallas. We saw them veto a trade. We saw them rig the 2016 Finals before our very eyes. We've seen the media in bed with the player's association to keep salaries rising by voting for post-season awards a certain way. But with naive and biased fans that act as apologists for them no wonder sufficient proof is supposedly still lacking. How many conspiracies need to come true before people start to accept that it's ALL rigged. Politics, stock market, sports, Hollywood...all of it. And it's all to benefit the rich and powerful.

And yet there is no honor amongst thieves in the situation you’re coming up with.

There is always someone with personal greed as a motive to provide sufficient proof.

The hypothetical situation as relating to the NBA being a cohesive multiple entity in on a rig has the flaw that the entities themself would be individually selfish. This isn’t some nice-man avengers.

Why not someone with said sufficient proof write a famous tell-all book and be on talk shows and make bank. They are the hero who showed the corruption of the nba ! Famous forever for publically destroying the nba and sports!! I mean it’s greed and rich and power. Now it’s all for just them. All they need is to just show it!!! Easy!! Right!?
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,466

Post#24 » by RRR3 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:25 am

The play in has never helped LeBron only hindered him. But it is trash. If OP didn’t come in with a braindead take we could have had a legitimate discussion on giving teams with a lower record changes to get fluke upsets and have teams that finished ahead suffer injuries is absurdly unfair. But alas.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,630

Post#25 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:26 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:

Ok I need to get down to those California dispensaries; clearly we're lagging behind.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,736

Post#26 » by nzahir » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:30 am

Mods, this shold be an auto ban for the OP if he doesnt respond

We dont have time for such dumb posts that have no logic and then the OP hides when he realizes hes dug himself in a hole
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,671

Post#27 » by Rainwater » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:40 am

RRR3 wrote:The play in has never helped LeBron only hindered him. But it is trash. If OP didn’t come in with a braindead take we could have had a legitimate discussion on giving teams with a lower record changes to get fluke upsets and have teams that finished ahead suffer injuries is absurdly unfair. But alas.

Truth
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#28 » by Homer38 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:56 am

One of the worst take of all-time...The haters of LBJ are just crazy
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,680

Post#29 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:05 am

syrus3 wrote:Another one of Adam Silver’s stupid ideas. Finally showed its ass tonight. It was created to save his precious Lebron. And the Pels will suffer for it.

It’s time for it to end.

How much did you lose?
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,193

Post#30 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:10 am

Give OP some time to reply back guys lmao

I got shamed one of my threads, I posted while back everyone thought I was hiding not replying back etc lmao...

I posted on a Friday night b4 heading out then working saturday morning and got flamed for not replying - not to mention I live In another country let alone the same city

We all don't live In the same place, some one said OP posted this 1am apparently, we all aren't waiting by our computers for replies, give some damn time LMAO
Bring back Defense
LAvision
Sixth Man
And1: 4,248

Post#31 » by LAvision » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:12 am

LaLover11 wrote:Hey OP why are you hiding

Sad drive by troll job. Hate to see it.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,572

Post#32 » by Dominator83 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am

If anything, maybe you can say the league did this to milk an extra Must-see high ratings game out of LeBron they wouldn't otherwise have gotten
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
syrus3
Pro Prospect
And1: 924

Post#33 » by syrus3 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 am

The 7th and 8th seed already won enough games to clinch a playoff spot. It’s ludicrous that they can be eliminated from playoff contention because Adam Silver could not think of any other way to keep his overpaid players from competing in the lower spots.

Yes, I’m aware that the Lakers would’ve made it this year and last year. I’m referring to the fact that Lebron hated it the first year and his team was the beneficiary of it. That was the whole idea behind it.

Imagine some keyboard stans thinking that they’re going to change my mind on how I feel about the play in.

I also do not like the fact that the top 2 seeds have to wait to find out who they are playing in the first round.
Demagoog
Senior
And1: 1,970

Post#34 » by Demagoog » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:56 am

syrus3 wrote:The 7th and 8th seed already won enough games to clinch a playoff spot. It’s ludicrous that they can be eliminated from playoff contention because Adam Silver could not think of any other way to keep his overpaid players from competing in the lower spots.

Yes, I’m aware that the Lakers would’ve made it this year and last year. I’m referring to the fact that Lebron hated it the first year and his team was the beneficiary of it. That was the whole idea behind it.

Imagine some keyboard stans thinking that they’re going to change my mind on how I feel about the play in.

I also do not like the fact that the top 2 seeds have to wait to find out who they are playing in the first round.

The first time the play-in was introduced, the 2020/21 to be precise, the Lakers were the 7 seed and therefore were not beneficiary. Imagine some keyboard buffoon thinking that he has a point when he has been wrong on every account.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#35 » by Homer38 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:34 am

The lakers would make the playoffs each time under the old format.....
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,475

Post#36 » by Nuntius » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:05 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:We watched them orchestrate Kobe going to LA and Luka going to Dallas.

What? The league orchestrated Luka going to Dallas? How did they do it? Did the league have dirt on Vlade and forced him to pick Bagley so Luka could go to Dallas?
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,279

Post#37 » by itrsteve » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:14 am

There's always a common denominator with somebody pissed about the play-in, their team is a 7 or 8 seed clinging to life. For every one or two pissed off fan base, you have 2 others who had hope of a fighting chance in the playoffs and likely 2 more fanbases per conference with sincere hope they could catch the 10 seed.

This is about keeping more fanbases in the game, longer in the season. Don't get sad about a guaranteed spot for a 7 or 8 seed, they likely weren't winning crap anyway.

The play-in is the best thing Silver has done by a landslide.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,858

Post#38 » by nikster » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:29 am

Nuntius wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:We watched them orchestrate Kobe going to LA and Luka going to Dallas.

What? The league orchestrated Luka going to Dallas? How did they do it? Did the league have dirt on Vlade and forced him to pick Bagley so Luka could go to Dallas?

He's apparently a Kings fan so makes sense. Easier to believe that stupid conspiracy than live the reality of Kings messing up that pick.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,844

Post#39 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:37 am

Actually technically speaking the first year the play-in existed was the 2019-2020 season, introduced after the regular season was interrupted by the pandemic. Portland and Memphis were too close in record (the eastern conference was not) following the eight games or so played in Orlando to finish out the regular season in the bubble.

I'm afraid it wasn't created to benefit LeBron, but was tinkered from the concept in the bubble to try to add extra excitement to the game. I'm not personally a fan of it overall. It has its moments, but isn't consistently great so far.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,838

Post#40 » by UcanUwill » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:37 am

syrus3 wrote:The 7th and 8th seed already won enough games to clinch a playoff spot. It’s ludicrous that they can be eliminated from playoff contention because Adam Silver could not think of any other way to keep his overpaid players from competing in the lower spots.

We are talking about same Lebron who said whoever made play in is an idiot, and he said it in 2021 when it was introduced? Lebron was biased since his team was 7th. place and out of all the teams, benefited from it the least...

Imagine being so upset about something, you make up arguments, that are literally the opposite of what is a reality, just to be angry I guess?

Get a clue people, man gets destroyed by facts, double downs cause he likes to dig a bigger hole for himself I guess.

RealGM actually is not stupid, it is not fathers in law dinner table, we know when something said about NBA is complete BS.

Return to The General Board