The video Knicks tried to lure LeBron with in 2010 has leaked

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,236

The video Knicks tried to lure LeBron with in 2010 has leaked 

Post#1 » by Sgt Major » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:48 pm

The video features quite the cast of celebrities from a Sopranos revival and a follow-up to the show’s finale to Donald Trump (yes, that Donald Trump).

At the start of the clip, James Gandolfini and Edie Falco, reprise their roles as Tony and Carmela Soprano in a scene shot in Gandolfini’s apartment, as crazy as that sounds.

The scene suggests both moved to New York under witness protection, hinting that Tony survived the series finale.

The couple thinks LeBron would find it fine to come to Manhattan and MSG in particular, and then the thing spins into madness as the likes of Trump (“The real winners of the world want to be in New York”), Rudy Giuliani, Robert De Niro, Alec Baldwin, Bill Bradley, Walt Frazier, Spike Lee, Earl Monroe, Reggie Jackson, and Mark Messier make cameos here and there.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,467

Re: The video Knicks tried to lure LeBron with in 2010 has leaked 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:50 pm

Not gonna lie... the sopranos part would have sold me lol.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,636

Post#3 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:58 pm

As an aside, you can find the funniest post in Realgm history in this thread:

Woj: Dolan was handing out JD Straight Shot CDs to FA's 2010
dirkdiggler4177
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,263

Post#4 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:15 pm

Its a 45 min podcast. Where is the video you are talking about?
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,236

Post#5 » by Sgt Major » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:00 pm

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:Its a 45 min podcast. Where is the video you are talking about?

The video has segments. At the beginning of each of those, there's a part of the whole video the Knicks made.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Memories
Veteran
And1: 4,904

Post#6 » by Memories » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:25 pm

*Sees Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani, and Harvey Weinstein in the pitch video*.

Yeah, this video totally didn't age poorly or anything. :lol:

Yeah, this pitch sucked. I would have walked away from that meeting half-way through. What was even the thought process going into making that pitch? This isn't personalized, this says nothing on how Lebron would make them championship contenders, etc. Yeah this isn't it.
Memories wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Memories wrote:So still not at all over yet.

Nah it’s over 121 to 107

Clippers go on a 15-0 run right after this, and eventually win the game. :lol:
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,957

Post#7 » by meekrab » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:29 pm

Memories wrote:*Sees Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani, and Harvey Weinstein in the pitch video*.

Yeah, this pitch sucked. I would have walked away from that meeting half-way through. What was even the thought process going into making that pitch? This isn't personalized, this says nothing on how Lebron would make them championship contenders, etc. Yeah this isn't it.

Can't imagine how you'd make a worse pitch to a millennial athlete than **** Rudy Ghouliani and Donald Trump, yikes. Did they recreate the scene where Trump motorboats Rudy in drag? :lol:
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,069

Post#8 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:43 pm

Memories wrote:*Sees Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani, and Harvey Weinstein in the pitch video*.

Only one of those actually did anything illegal. Trump and Giuliani did nothing. Not even close to comparable. But I know why you threw them in.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#9 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:45 pm

meekrab wrote:

Can't imagine how you'd make a worse pitch to a millennial athlete than **** Rudy Ghouliani and Donald Trump, yikes. Did they recreate the scene where Trump motorboats Rudy in drag? :lol:

Trump was incredibly popular and was everywhere and friends with many rappers until around 2016. I wonder what happened then? Regardless, I knew when I saw their names the TDS would draw people away from talking about the video but instead focus on hating on a guy because of his political views. It never changes.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#10 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:51 pm

If it were me they were doing this for, I would cringe. It feels like someone who's trying to hard, personally. But at least you would know they made this cringy thing for you, I guess?
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#11 » by dremill24 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:53 pm

I cant imagine it was the only component of the pitch lol
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,509

Post#12 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:36 pm

Not anything uncommon. Chicago did something similar, actually I think did more for Melo.......

The most embarassing was Chicago pitching TMac..... embarrassing cringe.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,346

Post#13 » by DOT » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:46 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
meekrab wrote:

Trump was incredibly popular and was everywhere and friends with many rappers until around 2016. I wonder what happened then? Regardless, I knew when I saw their names the TDS would draw people away from talking about the video but instead focus on hating on a guy because of his political views. It never changes.

Yeah man, I can't believe people hate on Jeffrey Dahmer because of his eating habits, seems like they should focus their energy on more productive things.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#14 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:54 pm

DOT wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
meekrab wrote:Can't imagine how you'd make a worse pitch to a millennial athlete than **** Rudy Ghouliani and Donald Trump, yikes. Did they recreate the scene where Trump motorboats Rudy in drag? :lol:

Yeah man, I can't believe people hate on Jeffrey Dahmer because of his eating habits, seems like they should focus their energy on more productive things.

So now Trump has been compared to a racist cannibal. Keep it coming! TDS is very real.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,845

Post#15 » by Karate Diop » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:14 pm

Oh God... No wonder Bron never looked at them as a real option.
hundreth
Senior
And1: 373

Post#16 » by hundreth » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:15 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
DOT wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Trump was incredibly popular and was everywhere and friends with many rappers until around 2016. I wonder what happened then? Regardless, I knew when I saw their names the TDS would draw people away from talking about the video but instead focus on hating on a guy because of his political views. It never changes.

So now Trump has been compared to a racist cannibal. Keep it coming! TDS is very real.

Gotta love Florida :lol:
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,452

Post#17 » by Rendei » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:20 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:

Only one of those actually did anything illegal. Trump and Giuliani did nothing. Not even close to comparable. But I know why you threw them in.

The video goes into it but Lebron hates Trump.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#18 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:20 pm

hundreth wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
DOT wrote:Yeah man, I can't believe people hate on Jeffrey Dahmer because of his eating habits, seems like they should focus their energy on more productive things.

Greatest state in the country!
hundreth
Senior
And1: 373

Post#19 » by hundreth » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:21 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
hundreth wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:So now Trump has been compared to a racist cannibal. Keep it coming! TDS is very real.

Greatest state in the country!

Yes it's quite obvious you don't get out from there much.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,370

Post#20 » by D.Brasco » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:23 pm

They actually show the video here, or is this just these guys talking about it for 50 minutes?

Return to The General Board