Warriors should trade Curry , while he still has a great value

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,824

Re: Warriors should trade Curry , while he still has a great value 

Post#101 » by KembaWalker » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 pm

just depends on if Curry wants to come home and play with his brother and with his dad calling his games in his hometown, could see the new owners looking to make a splash and offer LaMelo, their top 5 pick this year, and some future picks. I don't think it makes a lot of sense asset wise but it would get people in the seats
Luke
Junior
And1: 333

Post#102 » by Luke » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 pm

Lalouie wrote:
Luke wrote:They should rebuild around their young players , who are very talented.

Now they could still get a haul for Steph, but it's the last time.

I understand if they don't want to do it, but it would be the best decision for their future...

maybe gsw's young players seem talented because they're playing with three future hof'ers. talent abounds in the nba. you know,,,,, like poole like wiggins. gsw's youth might sukkk on their own

There is nothing that tells me gsw can build around kuminga and podzinski

You are right that Kuminga, Podz-abcdxyz , Tracy Jackson-Davis and Moody, might not be that good ; but it is what they have now, and they should develop them

I still think that the best decision for the franchise and the future of his basketball team would be to sell him for the best possible package, if there is a team that can take his salary , and is willing to take it and give good assets .

Here I'm not talking about loyalty, financial decisions and everything else ; which I know will be very important to decide what they will really do. The more likely outcome is that they will either try to retool a contender for him, or they ride him into the sunset like the Lakers did with Kobe... but Kobe wasn't healthy anymore and everybody who was in power on the Lakers knew they couldn't contend after his injury.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,100

Post#103 » by Lalouie » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 pm

Luke wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
Luke wrote:They should rebuild around their young players , who are very talented.

Now they could still get a haul for Steph, but it's the last time.

I understand if they don't want to do it, but it would be the best decision for their future...

maybe gsw's young players seem talented because they're playing with three future hof'ers. talent abounds in the nba. you know,,,,, like poole like wiggins. gsw's youth might sukkk on their own

There is nothing that tells me gsw can build around kuminga and podzinski

You are right that Kuminga, Podz-abcdxyz , Tracy Jackson-Davis and Moody, might not be that good ; but it is what they have now, and they should develop them

I still think that the best decision for the franchise and the future of his basketball team would be to sell him for the best possible package, if there is a team that can take his salary , and is willing to take it and give good assets .

Here I'm not talking about loyalty, financial decisions and everything else ; which I know will be very important to decide what they will really do. The more likely outcome is that they will either try to retool a contender for him, or they ride him into the sunset like the Lakers did with Kobe... but Kobe wasn't healthy anymore and everybody who was in power on the Lakers knew they couldn't contend after his injury.

I will say this..... parity is a good time to retool.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,605

Post#104 » by dc » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 pm

Luke wrote:You are right that Kuminga, Podz-abcdxyz , Tracy Jackson-Davis and Moody, might not be that good ; but it is what they have now, and they should develop them .

It's be a pretty good tanking team LOL, but that's hardly the worst thing. The worst thing would be them being "kind of" good but giving them no chance to get better pieces, given that they own all their future 1st rounders after this draft.

Really, all this just depends on what you'd value more: the money from a Steph farewell tour and not having to see him in another uniform or a couple extra late 1st round draft picks to help out the rebuild.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
SweaterBae
Rookie
And1: 1,671

Post#105 » by SweaterBae » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 am

With all the talk about their young talent, Kuminga, Podziemski and Jackson-Davis are hardly a great core.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,605

Post#106 » by dc » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am

SweaterBae wrote:With all the talk about their young talent, Kuminga, Podziemski and Jackson-Davis are hardly a great core.

Of course it's not a great core. Even if Kuminga turns into an all-star (still possible) it's not a great core if the goal is to one day contend. If they took Haliburton instead of Wiseman and Sengun instead of Moody, it might be different.

As it is, it's a great core for tanking, which is most likely better than being on the kinda/sorta good treadmill.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 410

Post#107 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am

It will be wild if they stay together and are still bad next year, Draymond keeps punching and grabbing players penises and faces, etc.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,529

Post#108 » by drone3 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 am

Warriors will never trade Curry
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,727

Post#109 » by twozeroMM » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 am

First off no, they shouldn't. Two, they wouldn't unless Steph asks out which I see very unlikely.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 410

Post#110 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am

It's just such a shame that Draymond feels the need to slap dong and elbow guys when he is the second best player and really a good player.
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,159

Post#111 » by Hellcrooner » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 am

Capn'O wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:You don't trade franchise legends like that. As long as Curry doesn't go full Kobe and try to turn his last few years into a circus then you keep him.

Ewing and olajuwon want a word with you.

And how did that work out for the Knicks?

Same as basically ever move in the last 30 years or so.?

Its awful, i like the knicks
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,906

Post#112 » by durden_tyler » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 am

drone3 wrote:Warriors will never trade Curry

Yes, that's the bad news for the Warriors.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 796

Post#113 » by Ito » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am

Trade him to the knicks make Brunson and Curry the new splash brothers :peace:
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#114 » by tribulations » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 am

Better off moving on from Green and Thompson but holding Steph
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,362

Post#115 » by Gusto1903 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:59 am

I get what the OP is trying to say, because the Warriors are pretty old, and far from contending anymore. The core that makes this a championship contender is way over their peak and they would need some miracles to go far in the playoffs. But the problem is, nobody would like to get their hands on Draymond or Klay. They are washed beyond measures and even teamchemistry cancers (Draymond). They earn too much so the would block other pieces for those teams. Curry at least is still performing on a high level and is one of the most popular guys in the NBA. He could get a more than decent return.

Thats why, should the Warriors engage in a Rebuild, Curry would have to be dealt, because it gives them a headstart. Selling high is important, if you are committed. But of course i can fully understand to keep him a Warrior for life.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,293

Re: Warriors should trade Curry , while he still have a great value 

Post#116 » by itrsteve » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:It's actually quite easy - just cut Chris Paul and bring back Klay on a reasonable contract - say $20M starting. That would put them at $162M in salary for 10 players (assuming GP picks up his PO).

Cut? CP3 is still under contract for a year
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,974

Post#117 » by Wingy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 pm

SweaterBae wrote:With all the talk about their young talent, Kuminga, Podziemski and Jackson-Davis are hardly a great core.

Laughable. They’re solid players any team would want, but it’s just as you said in terms of these guys being a foundation.

It’s up to Steph, really. I’d look to have an honest conversation that it’s insanely unlikely they can build a real winner with him and the current cast. See if he’s interested in being traded to a top contender (eg - OKC, Philly), otherwise he’ll be a part of a completely different team w/o Klay/Dray.
FrodoFraggins
Senior
And1: 533

Post#118 » by FrodoFraggins » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:38 pm

Curry is the only one on their roster who should decide what happens to them.
Sixers in 4
Senior
And1: 763

Post#119 » by Sixers in 4 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 pm

Curry should want to be traded by the Warriors while he is still great. There I fixed it for you.

GSW can do nothing for him at this point. Their core isn't winning anything moving forward.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,324

Re: Warriors should trade Curry , while he still have a great value 

Post#120 » by NeoWarriors » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm

itrsteve wrote:
In-N-Out 247 wrote:It's actually quite easy - just cut Chris Paul and bring back Klay on a reasonable contract - say $20M starting. That would put them at $162M in salary for 10 players (assuming GP picks up his PO).

Cut? CP3 is still under contract for a year
It's non-guaranteed for his last season.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors ProToast Elite Toaster using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board