2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

liquidswords
Pro Prospect
And1: 961

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4041 » by liquidswords » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 pm

Appleshampoo wrote:
liquidswords wrote:The whining about Embiid is becoming so tired. What happened to appreciating greatness? Oh only when its everyone except Embiid? He just dropped 50 in a critical game on 1 leg.

People hate the NBA because we're supposed to turn a blind eye and call that greatness. The product is an insult to game.

you know what you're absolutely right - Embiid is the first star to ever do something borderline during a game.
Lemmie_live
Sophomore
And1: 157

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4042 » by Lemmie_live » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Interesting the Knicks fans are whining about this when this is their schick in the league.

Read on Twitter
?t=3-eKh2ofDdOBTsirZGGchA&s=19

Dirty team.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Dude, you’re a pathetic troll at this point :lol:

GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,208

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#4043 » by GrandTheftRondo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:51 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Bro he intentionally injured someone. **** that noise

No he didn't. Robinson would have landed right on him, so he took action and pushed him out of the way. It was reckless and dangerous, but so is people jumping on top of you when you're on the floor.

Bro - that's completely ridiculous. Watch again. He could have easily avoided getting landed on lol. The fact that he's trying to play victim after taking out Mitch for the game is ridiculous also.

Today I learned you protect yourself from a guy landing on you by grabbing his leg and dragging him towards you.

Let’s just ignore this could make that guy lose his balance and land hard on you because you’re dragging him right towards you. :lol:
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,511

Post#4044 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:01 pm

Knicks fans, enjoy this clip. Embiid demanding that "no doubling" allowed when going against Holmgrem. MAD BOOKER VIBES :D

Softest big in the league both physically and mentally.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JgqmKEcGHT8
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,885

Post#4045 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm

The way that game was officiated, the refs are asking for trouble in Game 4 imo. I would expect some hard fouls against Embiid, maybe even a hip check thrown his way
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,970

Post#4046 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:15 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:The way that game was officiated, the refs are asking for trouble in Game 4 imo. I would expect some hard fouls against Embiid, maybe even a hip check thrown his way

I think we might see an RKO.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,396

Post#4047 » by Oscirus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 pm

I just want to see the excuse that the NBA uses to justify not suspending him.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
chudak
Senior
And1: 303

Post#4048 » by chudak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:27 pm

I decided to believe in Embiids explanation being true because he seems to be stupid.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,616

Post#4049 » by HopelessKnick » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Embitch is such a dirty player and liar on top of that. He should have kept his dirty mouth shut like Nicoletta Nurse. He wanted to protect himself LOL. It would make some sense if he was lying on the floor like that little bitch that he is if he was between Robinson and the basket but he was lying behind Robinson.

Such a bitch. He will get what he deserves.

There has never been a clearer flagrant 2 foul and suspension than this one. The NBA is a ridiculous show and they wonder why even for 18 Dollars they can't sell the league pass for the entire playoffs here in europe.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,276

Post#4050 » by Garbagelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:40 pm

Embiid's excuse makes zero sense

He literally pushed Mitch into a heap right after trying to injure him

It was malicious and he intended it that way
CKB
Senior
And1: 1,189

Post#4051 » by CKB » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:46 pm

The reckless and intentional foul from Embiid is a big disappointment. He shot the lights out. He didn't need to injure others but he had to play dirty to match up to the physicality of the Knicks centers. He also kicked both Hartenstein and Robinson in the groin. He kept screaming and pointing at the refs for the whole game and still didn't get ejected is ridiculous. I can't root for this type of behavior. If the league don't suspend him, he is going to hurt another player with his 7ft 280 lb body frame in game 4.
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,052

Post#4052 » by Drakeem » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 pm

Ngl I love this toxic energy between fans. This is sports. I hope it extends to the real life crowds bc I wanna see some rowdiness.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,648

Post#4053 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 pm

From the Athletic

"Embiid was assessed the flagrant and surprisingly not ejected from the game. If most other players do this – or a player does this to Embiid – we’re looking at an automatic ejection. Embiid absolutely received some superstar treatment. "

https://theathletic.com/5449151/2024/04/26/joel-embiid-76ers-knicks-nba-playoffs-clippers-the-bounce/

Embiid needs to stop crying about the refs. He didn't just get to stay in the game, but he didn't have to deal with Mitch (7 rebounds in 13 mins), and he got 21 free throws...when he was already getting lots from Kevin Durant ripthroughs and flops in G1 and 2.

Bro needs to be more grateful.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,159

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#4054 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

No he didn't. Robinson would have landed right on him, so he took action and pushed him out of the way. It was reckless and dangerous, but so is people jumping on top of you when you're on the floor.

Bro - that's completely ridiculous. Watch again. He could have easily avoided getting landed on lol. The fact that he's trying to play victim after taking out Mitch for the game is ridiculous also.

Today I learned you protect yourself from a guy landing on you by grabbing his leg and dragging him towards you.

Let’s just ignore this could make that guy lose his balance and land hard on you because you’re dragging him right towards you. :lol:

Not to mention rolling under his landing space instead of out of the way in the first place. Draymond would have stomped his head.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,483

Post#4055 » by Dirk » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:09 pm

chudak wrote:I decided to believe in Embiids explanation being true because he seems to be stupid.

What is his explanation?
60/21/10
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,667

Post#4056 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 pm

Dirk wrote:
chudak wrote:I decided to believe in Embiids explanation being true because he seems to be stupid.

What is his explanation?

said he pulled mitchell robinson out of the air to protect himself
BaF
Washington Wizards
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#4057 » by Yeezus_ » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:20 pm

I know the story of this series has been Embiid's dirty play but it feels like the Sixers are slightly outplaying the Knicks right now. There's no answer for Embiid and Maxey has been cooking OG when he's being guarded by him. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sixers win the next 3.
Yeezy SZN approaching
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,483

Post#4058 » by Dirk » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Dirk wrote:

What is his explanation?

said he pulled mitchell robinson out of the air to protect himself

It's unfortunate that he doesn't seem like he has good advice. He had a great opportunity to be honest.

"What I did was very reckless and I want to apologise.

The emotions got the better of me at that juncture of the game.

I obviously did not intend to get anyone injured, but it still was inexcusable and has no place in the game."

We saw that the game was very chaotic in that first quarter and the Sixers probably kind of felt the refs were against them (also because of the previous games) (even if the reviews were correct in that 1st quarter).

Embiid gets a lot of hate, sometimes over the top, but he clearly feeds it... even if not always intentionally.

Everyone has eyes and see that out of sheer frustration, he saw the player's leg there and grabbed it. No one buys the idea that it was to "protect himself".

Just a couple of frames.

One, where he moves towards the Knicks guy (he was on the floor, so if he wanted to protect himself, he'd just roll to the other side... since he can't play D on the floor).

Two, grabs the guy.

Three, Melo and Capn'O embrace and miss the chaos.

60/21/10
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,355

Post#4059 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:30 pm

liquidswords wrote:
Appleshampoo wrote:
liquidswords wrote:The whining about Embiid is becoming so tired. What happened to appreciating greatness? Oh only when its everyone except Embiid? He just dropped 50 in a critical game on 1 leg.

People hate the NBA because we're supposed to turn a blind eye and call that greatness. The product is an insult to game.

you know what you're absolutely right - Embiid is the first star to ever do something borderline during a game.

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? Borderline? Where do you come up with your definition of borderline?

If a Knicks player had done this to another team, as a fan, I'd admit wrong doing. I'd say my player shouldn't have done that.

I don't know what's wrong with fans that they can't see or say when their player crosses the line, and the league is trying to white-wash this whole thing.
When the going gets tough, the refs get going.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,472

Post#4060 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Its perfectly relevant. Keep the same energy for everyone. If you can't do that, YOU have the agenda, not me.

I do keep that same energy regardless of the name on the front or the back, that's why you can't find any posts from me excusing Jokic for losing his temper...or Randle for losing his, to include a player I am biased towards...but you bringing that up when we're talking about Embiid isn't irrelevant.

Just like it wouldn't matter if everyone except for you on this earth was an irrational Embiid hater. What matters to the current discussion is what your man did and what you seem so reluctant to admit he did, so stop trying to deflect from that. If you want to talk about Jokic go to a Jokic thread.

If you read through my posts during this series, I have been very complimentary of Embiid and have repeatedly defended his play against other knicks fans that I felt were being unfair to him. So you're not going to have much luck employing the "I'm rubber you're glue" stratagem against me.

I have my biases...usually for 2nd options that get too much s*** because their teams ask them to be 1st options...but before last night, Embiid wasn't one of them. And I still don't even have any actual hate for him. He's petulant and went full scumbag last night, but he's an incredibly gifted player & he doesn't wear a Berliner FC Dynamo shirt, so I don't have a reason to hate him.

I have noticed those compliments towards him from you. I have also noticed the majority on here have let their emotions get the best of them. My point of bringing up Jokic was to illustrate the chasm in the level of reaction people have towards that sort of behaviour when it's a fan favorite, as opposed to a powderkeg like Embiid. I'm not surprised by the reaction, but it also doesn't mean it was intentional in trying to cause harm. This is all I'm trying to say. It was a dirty move, players can be dirty, even the best of them. There is no room in the game for it, especially when you are potentially doing something dangerous, but there is also no room for people to assume that people are trying to willingly hurt each other. Unless people are coming to blows, the NBA is a fraternity and for the most part these guys all respect and like each other, and don't want to take away from their livelihoods or dreams. I hope RObinson can play again next game/in this series, he does a great job defending Embiid, and I enjoy watching him.

I get that, I've had similar conversations on the Knicks board about the different standards we have for Brunson than we do for Randle and how we never rail against Jalen for jogging back because he's arguing a call or for not getting back to stop a transition opportunity the way we do Julius...but that's a different conversation that should be had in a different topic.

When you bring something Jokic did a while ago up in response to people being mad at Embiid for something he did last night...while avoiding criticizing Embiid for what he did and floating out attempted justifications for it...it just comes off as deflection rather than a sincere desire to talk about double-standards or hypocrisy.

At best you're being naive to think that people will be receptive to this point in this moment when discussing Joel's behavior. If you want to have that conversation, it needs to be when people have cooled down...or maybe right after Jokic has an outburst, but then Jokic stans will be the ones circling the wagons rather than engaging with any outside opinions.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to The General Board