2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,473

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#2801 » by Cubbies2120 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:19 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Jeremy Lin 7 wrote:Sixers choked the game. End of story

Tired of fans crying about refs

Yeah it's easy to say the choked when the refs took away their ability to win. Convenient thing to say.

Cope harder :lol:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,264

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#2802 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 pm

I can get saying the jersey tug should've been called and haven't seen a good angle of the Hart foul they said was missed...but I would like to understand why Hart getting pushed off balance by Maxey is "marginal contact" if those other two aren't? Does anyone have an explanation for why that's a correct non-call other than "the L2M report says so"?

Or at least what rationale they used to justify that decision?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,361

Post#2803 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I get it man, you're emotional right now and you are trying to cope with the loss anyway you can. But they don't need to say 'timeout should not be granted' when it wasn't granted. You can't call timeout when you don't have possession, and they literally say the timeout request was simultaneous with Hart touching the ball and PHI losing possession, simultaneous means at the same time, meaning you can't get granted a timeout because you do not have possession at the time Nurse requested the timeout.

Check the post after...

Read on Twitter

Look at this thread.

The initial tweet I sent, it the 2nd post in this thread. You are referring to a timeout not granted in the 3rd post in this thread which is at a different time stamp.

Reading comprehension bro. I get it, it can be hard. Least you have the Knicks getting awarded games by the NBA and the refs though.

He cut it off in the screenshot. Go to the L2M report.

Comment: Hart (NYK) cleanly steals the ball from Maxey (PHI). An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials; the timeout request is simultaneous to Hart making contact with the ball and PHI not having possession.

Thats at the bottom of the 27 sec timeout attempt, AND at the 23 sec timeout attempt is a similar statement.

Like you said..
Reading comprehension bro. I get it, it can be hard.
Look at the time stamps.

This tweet shows three different time stamps.

Read on Twitter
?t=SS7ZRTof7KDXNz7bXuCoGA&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#2804 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:22 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Badlands wrote:
He''s wrong about them admitting they made a mistake on the timeout. The rest was bad enough, though.

Here's what they said. INC denotes an incorrect call. CNC is correct non-call.

Q4 00:27.0 Foul: Personal Jalen Brunson Tyrese Maxey INC Video
Comment: Brunson (NYK) pulls Maxey's (PHI) jersey away from his body, which affects Maxey's ability to secure the pass.
Q4 00:24.9 Foul: Personal Josh Hart Tyrese Maxey INC Video
Comment: Hart (NYK) steps forward into Maxey's (PHI) space and initiates lower body contact that causes Maxey to lose his balance and fall to the floor.
Q4 00:23.7 Foul: Personal Josh Hart Tyrese Maxey CNC Video
Comment: Hart (NYK) cleanly steals the ball from Maxey (PHI). An attempt to call a timeout by Coach Nurse (PHI) during this play is neither recognized nor granted by the officials; the timeout request is simultaneous to Hart making contact with the ball and PHI not having possession.

They did admit they made a mistake on the timeout. Read.

Read on Twitter

And attempt to call a timeout by Nurse was not recognized or granted by officials lol.

This was the entire commentary on the L2M which Badlands also posted in his reply.

Based on the explanation, it sounds like it was correct to not grant the timeout if the ball was being knocked free at the same time.
3 different plays.

One correct no timeout the last post on the thread.

The other timeout request should have been granted.

Read on Twitter

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,445

Post#2805 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Check the post after...

Read on Twitter

Look at this thread.

The initial tweet I sent, it the 2nd post in this thread. You are referring to a timeout not granted in the 3rd post in this thread which is at a different time stamp.

Reading comprehension bro. I get it, it can be hard. Least you have the Knicks getting awarded games by the NBA and the refs though.

He cut it off in the screenshot. Go to the L2M report.

Thats at the bottom of the 27 sec timeout attempt, AND at the 23 sec timeout attempt is a similar statement.

Like you said..
Reading comprehension bro. I get it, it can be hard.
Look at the time stamps.

This tweet shows three different time stamps.

Read on Twitter

Bud stop using the tweets, go to the website and see for yourself. For some reason, idk if it was to spark more outrage by Sixers fans, he cut off the most important part of the comment from the screenshot.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,157

Post#2806 » by xAIRNESSx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 pm

Derek Bodner is literally saying in that tweet that the NBA finds Nurse should NOT have been granted a timeout.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,924

Post#2807 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 pm

Sixers better come out breathing fire in the next game. And someone kick that boy Harris' ass! Him making $39m and giving zilch is so pathetic. If I was a Sixers' fan, I'd have been riding Harris' ass all season long. Dude's straight trash.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#2808 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:24 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Sixer fans tryna front like refs arent their best friends, when Embiid averages 11+ free throws a game the past 3 seasons lol

Just shows you how much more skilled Jokic truly is with only 5.5 fta
? Embiid earns them. Also you should watch Jalen Brunson acting like he gets shot Ala Trae Young.

Read on Twitter
?t=pZJbqusVz6POPHCtXLboaQ&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=Ft2mLoPT9JjQX3K_gBNZUg&s=19

___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,924

Post#2809 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:24 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:Derek Bodner is literally saying in his tweet that the NBA finds that Nurse should NOT have been granted a timeout.

LMAO. He needs new glasses.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#2810 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:25 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:Derek Bodner is literally saying in that tweet that the NBA finds Nurse should NOT have been granted a timeout.
On the next timestamp

Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#2811 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:27 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Jeremy Lin 7 wrote:Sixers choked the game. End of story

Tired of fans crying about refs

Yeah it's easy to say the choked when the refs took away their ability to win. Convenient thing to say.

Cope harder :lol:

Its honestly funny because like, do you know how many things had to go the Knicks way BESIDES one missed foul call in order to win the game?

Lets break it down:

-Knicks had to still hit a 3, Divo missed the first open 3
-Knicks still had to get an offensive rebound on the missed 3 through like 4 lazy Sixers not boxing out
-Knicks had to still come down with the ball, and while surrounded by Sixers somehow make the pass out to OG
-OG still had to make a perfect pass out to Divo
-Divo had to still hit a 3 to take the 1-point lead
-Knicks had to block Maxey's layup attempt
-Knicks had to hit 2 clutch FTs to make the lead 3
-Knicks had to defend an Embiid 3 at the buzzer that would've tied the game, and nearly did.

Thats 8 things other than the officiating that had to go right for the Knicks to win the game. Sixers still choked, Lowry misses a FT making it a 5 point instead of 6 point game, missed their chance to call timeout and waited too long to do so, still had to lazily not rebound the missed 3 to ice the game.

:lol: :lol:

Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#2812 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:28 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:Sixer fans tryna front like refs arent their best friends, when Embiid averages 11+ free throws a game the past 3 seasons lol

? Embiid earns them. Also you should watch Jalen Brunson acting like he gets shot Ala Trae Young.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No way bro just claimed Embiid earns his 11 FTA a game like he isn't flopping around on the court despite being 7'2 and like 250lbs but somehow getting knocked through the air with legs out from under him from players thats like half his size :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cgf
RealGM

Post#2813 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:29 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:Derek Bodner is literally saying in that tweet that the NBA finds Nurse should NOT have been granted a timeout.

It also says they should've got one before the inbounds, but I'm not sure when that is. The time stamp just says 0:27 but that's the entire time the ball was out of play.

Watching the video Nurse put his hands up, but didn't actually put them together in a T until after Lowry had already started in-bounding the ball, and he only put them together for a fraction of a second before pulling them apart; making it clear he didn't want a TO to be called there unless they were going to get a 5-sec violation.

So I think they are saying that he was calling for a TO when he put his hands up, even though they weren't together or in a T yet? I feel a lot more confused by the NBA rules after reading the L2M report than I was before it :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,157

Post#2814 » by xAIRNESSx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:29 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
On the next timestamp

It's the same play. There was no other play where Nurse tried to call a timeout that was not granted.

The first screen shot shows at 27 seconds left. The seconds shows between 27 and 23.7 seconds left. The third screenshot is at 23.7 seconds left.

The second screen shot is the 2 plays combined.

Read on Twitter
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#2815 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Cope harder

Its honestly funny because like, do you know how many things had to go the Knicks way BESIDES one missed foul call in order to win the game?

Lets break it down:

-Knicks had to still hit a 3, Divo missed the first open 3
-Knicks still had to get an offensive rebound on the missed 3 through like 4 lazy Sixers not boxing out
-Knicks had to still come down with the ball, and while surrounded by Sixers somehow make the pass out to OG
-OG still had to make a perfect pass out to Divo
-Divo had to still hit a 3 to take the 1-point lead
-Knicks had to block Maxey's layup attempt
-Knicks had to hit 2 clutch FTs to make the lead 3
-Knicks had to defend an Embiid 3 at the buzzer that would've tied the game, and nearly did.

Thats 8 things other than the officiating that had to go right for the Knicks to win the game. Sixers still choked, Lowry misses a FT making it a 5 point instead of 6 point game, missed their chance to call timeout and waited too long to do so, still had to lazily not rebound the missed 3 to ice the game.

Good god I'm talking about before the ball was unbounded Nurse should have gotten the timeout.

Read on Twitter
?t=e8OTmEOYSiSauS8IMgNf9Q&s=19

There were two timeout attempts.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#2816 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:31 pm

Wrong

That's when he's on the floor. That was a correct no timeout. The one that should have been granted was before the ball was inbounded.

Read on Twitter

cgf
RealGM

Post#2817 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:31 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter
?t=pZJbqusVz6POPHCtXLboaQ&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=Ft2mLoPT9JjQX3K_gBNZUg&s=19

Embiid is just such a force that small guards are launched by his mere aura:

Read on Twitter

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#2818 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:33 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
On the next timestamp

It's the same play. There was no other play where Nurse tried to call a timeout that was not granted.

The first screen shot shows at 27 seconds left. The seconds shows between 27 and 23.7 seconds left. The third screenshot is at 23.7 seconds left.

The second screen shot is the 2 plays combined.

Read on Twitter
Watch the time on the clock.
Before ball is inbounded it says 27 seconds. That's when Nurse makes his first timeout attempt and that's what the 2nd tweet on the report says should have been granted.

Read on Twitter

Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,478

Post#2819 » by Bank Shot » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:33 pm

Embiid is such a mediocre rebounder for his size. Just doesn't like doing the dirty work that leads to wins I guess.
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 527

Post#2820 » by NiceLikeChrist » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:34 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Wrong

That's when he's on the floor. That was a correct no timeout. The one that should have been granted was before the ball was inbounded.

Read on Twitter

You mean the one where he’s just holding his hands in the air waiting to actually call time out if they can’t get a clean inbounds

But once the ball is inbounded to Maxey he quickly puts his hands down because he didn’t want to actually call time unless it was gonna be a 5 second violation

Give me a break

Return to The General Board