2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,093

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#5581 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:38 am

drekwins wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Yep. I'm already looking at tickets in Indy.

you live out there or near by?

Recently moved from Brooklyn to Boston for work. Will probably take a day or two of PTO. It's a short flight.

shidddd or just wait till ecf tickets
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#5582 » by cgf » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:01 am

drekwins wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Oscirus wrote:What I dont get about all this is don't tickets go on sale before teams even know who their opponents are? How the hell were knicks fans even able to buy tickets like that when the tickets are usually sold out before the opponent is even known

resale

I'll be at game 4 :rock:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#5583 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 am

cgf wrote:
drekwins wrote:
DaGawd wrote:resale

let’s take over indy too!!
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#5584 » by cgf » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:07 am

DaGawd wrote:
cgf wrote:
drekwins wrote:

let’s take over indy too!!

I'm down by Purdue pretty often, Indy is just like an hour further 8-)
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,524

Post#5585 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:17 am

Decipher wrote:Let’s be real

Knicks fans would hold a parade if the team managed to acquire Embiid

Not at all. Not a fan of that style of play. He also is bound to miss a good chunk of the season and a known playoff choker.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,359

Post#5586 » by spree8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 am

Decipher wrote:Let’s be real

Knicks fans would hold a parade if the team managed to acquire Embiid

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,279

Post#5587 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:22 am

Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Randle admittedly makes a lot of boneheaded plays and often gets in the space of drivers, making it harder to score. On the other hand, his gravity alone pulls defense from Brunson and allows him to operate more efficiently. He's not as bad as non-Knicks fans think he is; however, he's also not as good as Knicks fans think he is.

Not sure how much I can agree with that when his harshest critics are certain knicks fans :lol:

Maybe he just meant

3toheadmelo wrote:...

and

robillionaire wrote:...

Well let me be honest, he’s been even better than I ever said he was or anticipated he could be. I never predicted most improved player 2x all nba and 3x all star who can lead a team to home court advantage in the playoffs essentially by himself. I just thought he was a pretty good power forward a serious professional a real jam-up guy well worth what we paid him and like having him on the team. The fanbase has acted like he’s the worst player in nba history for some reason so even being mildly complimentary gets negative attention. Or just stating the fact that he’s a 3x all star. Did I mention he’s a 3x all star? That means he made the all star team and then he made it again two more times. Because of this, many have speculated he’s the best PF in the history of the franchise. Some might say Dave DeBusschere but at 6’6 any fossil still alive to have watched that guy play (against a bunch of plumbers and firemen) would admit he is more of a small forward. Did I ever have the intuition to realize Randle would be regarded by some as the best PF in this history of the franchise?? No way. Personally I just think he’s ok.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,908

Post#5588 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:32 am

DaGawd wrote:
drekwins wrote:
DaGawd wrote:you live out there or near by?

Recently moved from Brooklyn to Boston for work. Will probably take a day or two of PTO. It's a short flight.

shidddd or just wait till ecf tickets

Oh going to TD would be a madhouse.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,908

Post#5589 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:39 am

robillionaire wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:
Not sure how much I can agree with that when his harshest critics are certain knicks fans :lol:

Maybe he just meant

3toheadmelo wrote:...

and

robillionaire wrote:...

Well let me be honest, he’s been even better than I ever said he was or anticipated he could be. I never predicted most improved player 2x all nba and 3x all star who can lead a team to home court advantage in the playoffs essentially by himself. I just thought he was a pretty good power forward a serious professional a real jam-up guy well worth what we paid him and like having him on the team. The fanbase has acted like he’s the worst player in nba history for some reason so even being mildly complimentary gets negative attention. Or just stating the fact that he’s a 3x all star. Did I mention he’s a 3x all star? That means he made the all star team and then he made it again two more times. Because of this, many have speculated he’s the best PF in the history of the franchise. Some might say Dave DeBusschere but at 6’6 any fossil still alive to have watched that guy play (against a bunch of plumbers and firemen) would admit he is more of a small forward. Did I ever have the intuition to realize Randle would be regarded by some as the best PF in this history of the franchise?? No way. Personally I just think he’s ok.

Colonel Sanders himself, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm a believer that you need a bit of hardware before you start supplanting guys that did win. That said, he seems to have found a consistent groove with us. I wish he could have a healthy playoffs with us and get that monkey off his back so we can start talking about him in that light. He was balling out before the injury both this and last year.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,065

Post#5590 » by Bob Ross » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:09 am

Man Embiid cannot give credit to the Knicks at all. Not respecting his opponent; Thibs' mantra
Djoker
Rookie
And1: 991

Post#5591 » by Djoker » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:26 am

For all his struggles, Embiid has been the best player in this series and an absolute monster in these playoffs.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Post#5592 » by baldur » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:15 am

I expect a brawl. Embiid will continue to be pos. Not sure how knicks players have been able to put up with him.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#5593 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:06 am

Djoker wrote:For all his struggles, Embiid has been the best player in this series and an absolute monster in these playoffs.

ehhh.. brunson has evened it out
BaF
Washington Wizards
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 992

Post#5594 » by Decipher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:11 am

DaGawd wrote:
Djoker wrote:For all his struggles, Embiid has been the best player in this series and an absolute monster in these playoffs.

Aaah no

Brunson has a team behind him, Embiid has Maxey & very little else
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#5595 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:14 am

Decipher wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Aaah no

brunson’s last two games in philly coupled with embiid being a complete no show in the 4th last game.. game 4 was one of the better playoff carry jobs by brunson
BaF
Washington Wizards
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#5596 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:28 pm

Capn'O wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Maybe he just meant

and

Colonel Sanders himself, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm a believer that you need a bit of hardware before you start supplanting guys that did win. That said, he seems to have found a consistent groove with us. I wish he could have a healthy playoffs with us and get that monkey off his back so we can start talking about him in that light. He was balling out before the injury both this and last year.

I didn’t say he supplanted him I just said he wasn’t an actual PF so he doesn’t count in my eyes. And even then we are talking about a dude who died 20 years ago and most of us never watched play. Bball ref just lists him as “forward” and he’s 6’6. The only other “actual PF” I can recall who ever made an all star team for the Knicks was Oakley and while I love the guy he didn’t win the championship either and he likes to trash the team and drunkenly fight people at games and get arrested at MSG. Oakley was a great player in his day great defender and rebounder but Randle has already had a better career than Oakley imo
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#5597 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:34 pm

Decipher wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Aaah no

Maxey is an all star. We don’t have any other all star playing, ours is injured. The #2 scoring options have been guys who aren’t even offensive players like Josh hart or og anunoby

That said Embiid has probably still been the better player in the series just because Brunson’s first two games were such stinkbombs and Embiid balled out in those games even in defeat

That could change though. If Brunson does his thing in game 5 to close it out and Embiid craps the bed in the 4th quarter again Brunson is going over
Decipher
Rookie

Post#5598 » by Decipher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:49 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Decipher wrote:
DaGawd wrote:ehhh.. brunson has evened it out

Aaah no

Maxey is an all star. We don’t have any other all star playing, ours is injured. The #2 scoring options have been guys who aren’t even offensive players like Josh hart or og anunoby

That said Embiid has probably still been the better player in the series just because Brunson’s first two games were such stinkbombs and Embiid balled out in those games even in defeat

That could change though. If Brunson does his thing in game 5 to close it out and Embiid craps the bed in the 4th quarter again Brunson is going over

Sixers starters include a Heat bench veteran, a Hornets reject and a $40 million man averaging 8.8 ppg

It’s insane how bad everyone bar Embiid and Maxey (in spurts) have been & it’s one of the worst teams in the league when Joel doesn’t play
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,192

Post#5599 » by RB34 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:56 pm

Decipher wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Aaah no

Sixers starters include a Heat bench veteran, a Hornets reject and a $40 million man averaging 8.8 ppg

It’s insane how bad everyone bar Embiid and Maxey (in spurts) have been & it’s one of the worst teams in the league when Joel doesn’t play

A Hornet reject that Philly fans were calling one of the best role players in the league not too long ago.
Decipher
Rookie

Post#5600 » by Decipher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:03 pm

RB34 wrote:
Decipher wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

A Hornet reject that Philly fans were calling one of the best role players in the league not too long ago.

They’re fans for a reason

It’s equally as nuts to rank Brunson alongside Embiid

Return to The General Board