2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
22%
Knicks in 6
28%
Knicks in 7
12%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
19%
Sixers in 7
9%

Total votes: 330

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,308

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers 

Post#61 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:53 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Sixers should win this, it would be very disappointing if they didn’t. But if embiid can carry over his 4th quarter play from tonight into this series the sixers shouldn’t lose more than 2 games. With embiid this season the sixers are 32-8 .800 win% equivalent to a 66 win season. Even a hobbled Embiid is still comfortably the best player in this series. Not to mention Maxey is every bit as good as Brunson. Sixers in 6.

No he’s not lol

Brunson lead his team to the 2 seed without his second best player for a third of the season. Maxey was 6 games below 500 when without Embiid.
Brunson’s a borderline top 10 player, Maxey isn’t even cracking the top 20 in the league.

Maxey is a top 15 player, Embiid is the best player in the league during the regular season. He's knocking off the rust, and the Sixers won't be facing zone in this round. Embiid's issue is conditioning, he should be back to full speed by game 2. Game 1 will be a battle...

Embiid was not injured he was just laboring from conditioning.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers 

Post#62 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 am

Raps in 4 wrote:Knicks in 7. I don't see Chokebiid being able to close out a series against a tough team, even though he is technically the best player in the series.

LOL at you talking about Embiid when the Raps are going nowhere at this point. Have fun with your bought chip from the renegade known as Kawhi, because you guys won't sniff another chip for the next 20 years.

Meanwhile Philly has a clear path to the ECF.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#63 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 am

baldur wrote:
Long2_noD wrote:Who would win:

Tier 1 NBA team vs some college boyz from the same city

76ers is a tier 1 nba team?

32-8 with Embiid and Maxey.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#64 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:56 am

NoStatsGuy wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Embiid is not injured or out of shape, so I don't understand why people keep saying that. People see him struggling and think he must be hurt or something, but he is ok. He simply performs poorly against proper defensive schemes.
Knicks in 7

he was limping in at least 3 out of the last 4 games he played. could be everything.. doesnt mean he is injured. but thats why people think that.

Stop lying, he limped when he fell, and it turned out to be nothing. Nice try though, coping is all the Knicks have at this point.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#65 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:57 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Sixers should win this, it would be very disappointing if they didn’t. But if embiid can carry over his 4th quarter play from tonight into this series the sixers shouldn’t lose more than 2 games. With embiid this season the sixers are 32-8 .800 win% equivalent to a 66 win season. Even a hobbled Embiid is still comfortably the best player in this series. Not to mention Maxey is every bit as good as Brunson. Sixers in 6.

No he’s not lol

Brunson lead his team to the 2 seed without his second best player for a third of the season. Maxey was 6 games below 500 when without Embiid.
Brunson’s a borderline top 10 player, Maxey isn’t even cracking the top 20 in the league.

Only players who had a better season than Maxey.

Luka
Embiid
SGA
Jokic
Giannis
Tatum
KD
Kyrie
Steph
Lebron
AD
Ant
Brunson
Book
Mitchell (maybe)
Hali (maybe)

That’s 15 players and 2 of them maybe even 3 of them on this list might not even be better than Maxey. So Realistically speaking Maxey is right in that 12-15 range with Brunson

I’m not taking guys like kawhi, Butler and PG13 over Maxey at this point in their careers.

ANT didn't have a better season.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,190

Post#66 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:59 am

LOL

holy ****
Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 945

Post#67 » by Sweet Serenity » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:00 am

Why am in not shocked Eyatoma & Hussein Fatal think Maxey is a top 15 player lol

As I said before, 14-20 without Embiid in a weak Eastern Conference. Considering he was the 3rd option last year & this is his first breakout season, it’s absolutely ridiculous to already claim he’s a top 15 player.
Top 25, Yes. Top 15, No.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#68 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:05 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:Why am in not shocked Eyatoma & Hussein Fatal think Maxey is a top 15 player lol

As I said before, 14-20 without Embiid in a weak Eastern Conference. Considering he was the 3rd option last year & this is his first breakout season, it’s absolutely ridiculous to already claim he’s a top 15 player.
Top 25, Yes. Top 15, No.

I mean Tatum isn't a top 10 player, so not sure why you're worried about Maxey. See you in the ECF.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#69 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:08 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

LOL

holy ****

Jalen Brunson exploded because he's one of the biggest floppers in the league. He's a great guard, but the only reason he's thriving is what Hussein said. The team is built around him. The Sixers are not built around Maxey.

Maxey is younger, a better shooter, faster, and an incredible finisher. He also has the most 50 point games this year tied with Embiid and someone else I forgot. Brunson is no slouch don't get me wrong. But the two are far closer than you think. It's okay though you guys are finally having some success after 15+ years of ineptitude I like the passion.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,405

Post#70 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:08 am

eyeatoma wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Embiid is not injured or out of shape, so I don't understand why people keep saying that. People see him struggling and think he must be hurt or something, but he is ok. He simply performs poorly against proper defensive schemes.
Knicks in 7

he was limping in at least 3 out of the last 4 games he played. could be everything.. doesnt mean he is injured. but thats why people think that.

Stop lying, he limped when he fell, and it turned out to be nothing. Nice try though, coping is all the Knicks have at this point.

you better work on your reading comprehension lil bro. try reading that again :lol:
im bout dat action boss
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#71 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 am

NoStatsGuy wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:

you better work on your reading comprehension lil bro. try reading that again :lol:

I did read, he wasn't limping in 3-4 games. I don't care if you attributed to an injury or not. He wasn't limping in 3 out of the last 4 games.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#72 » by Oscirus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:31 am

If Maxey needs a team to be built around him to put up numbers, he's not as good as Brunson. I don't think people realize they're proving how much better Brunson is when they say things like that.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,405

Post#73 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:48 am

eyeatoma wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

I did read, he wasn't limping in 3-4 games. I don't care if you attributed to an injury or not. He wasn't limping in 3 out of the last 4 games.

well seems like either i dont know what a limp is or someone else is coping.
im bout dat action boss
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#74 » by Sweet Serenity » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:Why am in not shocked Eyatoma & Hussein Fatal think Maxey is a top 15 player lol

Top 25, Yes. Top 15, No.

I mean Tatum isn't a top 10 player, so not sure why you're worried about Maxey. See you in the ECF.

The same Tatum that dropped 51 & sent your lot home ?
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#75 » by Rafer24 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 am

Knicks in 6.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,420

Post#76 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:15 am

eyeatoma wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

LOL

holy ****

Jalen Brunson exploded because he's one of the biggest floppers in the league. He's a great guard, but the only reason he's thriving is what Hussein said. The team is built around him. The Sixers are not built around Maxey.

Maxey is younger, a better shooter, faster, and an incredible finisher. He also has the most 50 point games this year tied with Embiid and someone else I forgot. Brunson is no slouch don't get me wrong. But the two are far closer than you think. It's okay though you guys are finally having some success after 15+ years of ineptitude I like the passion.

Read on Twitter

Also, Maxey without Embiid this season:

26.3 points / 5.6 assists on 54.2% TS

Brunson without Randle this season:

31.5 points / 7.1 assists on 58.5% TS

Maxey is not on the same level as Brunson at all. Let’s stop that conversation right now. Maxey hasn’t even reached the playoff heights that Brunson saw in Dallas, let alone what he did for us last season. And those teams weren’t built around him either. If that’s the rebuttal for why he’s been better than Maxey isn’t better at all.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,408

Post#77 » by baldur » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:15 am

If maxey is a top 15 player, 76ers are winning it all.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#78 » by eyeatoma » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:19 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Top 25, Yes. Top 15, No.

Shame he can't do that against the Heat, or in the finals...
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,420

Post#79 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:

No he’s not lol

Isn’t cracking the top 20? Maxey is definitely a top 20 player.

The knicks are build around Brunson the sixers aren’t built around maxey so of course the sixers would struggle without Embiid. If Tyrese had a team built around him I’m sure he would post similar scoring #’s as Brunson. Brunson is also 4 years older and he isn’t a top 10 player he’s more in that 12–15 range maxey is in the 15-18 range. Considering the 4 year age gap I’d rather have Maxey.

So like I said he’s every bit as good as Brunson, Brunson obviously had a better season but that doesn’t mean he’s the sure fire better player. both are all stars one will win MIP and the other will make an All NBA team. Both had great seasons.

Knicks were down OG (starting SF), Randle (starting PF) and Mitch Rob (starting C) for a large portion of the season. That’s 3 starters out of the lineup. How is 3 starters out of the lineup the team built around Brunson? Absolutely not what the FO envisioned here.

Again, Maxey is not at the same level as Brunson. One is in the conversation for 1st Team All-NBA while the other might not even make an All-NBA team in a watered down pool of candidates.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#80 » by Sweet Serenity » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:31 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Shame he can't do that against the Heat, or in the finals...

We beat the Heat 2 years ago lol
You’re team can’t get out of the second round, bit rich to crap on Tatum’s resume.

Return to The General Board