2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

Spandau
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 386

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3981 » by Spandau » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 am

rate_ wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cool. So, your point is that this justifies Joel’s multiple temper tantrums and flagrant fouls? It justifies snatching another player’s ankle while he’s in the air and shoving it like a petulant child would shove a block at recess?

Y’all are grasping at straws to defend this man. It’s gross. :lol:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,586

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3982 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 am

Spandau wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:The Robinson play by Embiid looked dirty and uncalled for but that wasn't the play he was injured on. There's a later collision where Robinson actually gets hurt and leaves the game.

With all due respect, did you watch the game?

His level of motion on that ankle completely changed after his ankle was pulled mid-air. The limping and struggling was immediately noticeable.

It was aggravated further later to ultimately force him off the court, but it’s pretty obvious where it started.

Regardless, the play was horrible. Why is that even up for debate?

hell even if we go off that specific play that injured mitch that was dirty too imo.. embiid just recklessly flailing and crashing in to dudes isn’t much better
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,400

Post#3983 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:04 pm

Man, some of these posts about Embiid really remind you of an abused spouse with the way they'll bend themselves in knots to excuse any behavior from their man, and the way they lose their minds when he's less than worshipped. I've had subs who were less obsequious than that :lol:

This is supposed to be fun folks, it doesn't make you a bad person to admit the truth that everyone can see.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,422

Post#3984 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:19 pm

Knicks fans seriously need to get over themselves.

Read on Twitter
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3985 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:21 pm

cgf wrote:Man, some of these posts about Embiid really remind you of an abused spouse with the way they'll bend themselves in knots to excuse any behavior from their man, and the way they lose their minds when he's less than worshipped. I've had subs who were less obsequious than that :lol:

This is supposed to be fun folks, it doesn't make you a bad person to admit the truth that everyone can see.

Who has said it's not dirty?

All I'm saying is there are plenty of dirty players in the league that people worship. Embiid is a bull in a china shop. That's what makes him a great player. He has size, athleticism, power, finese, post moves, shooting, the whole package. He's ask close to Shaq as you're giong to get. Shaq did this stuff as well. He would push players off him after a dunk, he had players lunging at him for stuff, and no one called him dirty. Keep that same energy for other people as well. You guys feel validated over this, but it's just in a long line of reasons to hate Embiid for all of you. In the end, you'll never be happy until he's buried in the ground.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#3986 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:23 pm

eyeatoma wrote:Knicks fans seriously need to get over themselves.

Read on Twitter

makes it even more egregious embiid wasn’t sent to the showers early last night
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM

Post#3987 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:24 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:Man, some of these posts about Embiid really remind you of an abused spouse with the way they'll bend themselves in knots to excuse any behavior from their man, and the way they lose their minds when he's less than worshipped. I've had subs who were less obsequious than that :lol:

All I'm saying is there are plenty of dirty players in the league that people worship. Embiid is a bull in a china shop. That's what makes him a great player. He has size, athleticism, power, finese, post moves, shooting, the whole package. He's ask close to Shaq as you're giong to get. Shaq did this stuff as well. He would push players off him after a dunk, he had players lunging at him for stuff, and no one called him dirty. Keep that same energy for other people as well. You guys feel validated over this, but it's just in a long line of reasons to hate Embiid for all of you. In the end, you'll never be happy until he's buried in the ground.

Spare me the whataboutism. We both know how you'd react if the tables were turned and it had been Robinson that went full scumbag on Embiid.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3988 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:30 pm

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Spare me the whataboutism. We both know how you'd react if the tables were turned and it had been Robinson that went full scumbag on Embiid.

I wouldn't say he should hurt him back. I wouldn't wish for his acl to be torn, or for retaliation. I've never said that in the past. You can look it up. There's no whataboutism here. the fact that you can't actually answer the question tells me everything I need to know.
cgf
RealGM

Post#3989 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:41 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

I wouldn't say he should hurt him back. I wouldn't wish for his acl to be torn, or for retaliation. I've never said that in the past. You can look it up. There's no whataboutism here. the fact that you can't actually answer the question tells me everything I need to know.

It's kind of sad that you can't even admit that you'd be losing your mind if this had happened to Embiid. We all saw how you reacted to the end of game 2. Yes wishing injury on Embiid is a scumbag move and you'll notice I've never done that, but some idiots wishing injury on Joel doesn't make what Embiid did any less scummy...no matter how hard you try to pretend it was no big deal.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3990 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

It's kind of sad that you can't even admit that you'd be losing your mind if this had happened to Embiid. We all saw how you reacted to the end of game 2. Yes wishing injury on Embiid is a scumbag move and you'll notice I've never done that, but some idiots wishing injury on Joel doesn't make what Embiid did any less scummy...no matter how hard you try to pretend it was no big deal.

Still can't answer the question though can you?
cgf
RealGM

Post#3991 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:I wouldn't say he should hurt him back. I wouldn't wish for his acl to be torn, or for retaliation. I've never said that in the past. You can look it up. There's no whataboutism here. the fact that you can't actually answer the question tells me everything I need to know.

:lol: nope, guess not

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3992 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

Just as I thought, you've got an agenda, and it doesn't matter if others do it, you just focus on Embiid. Have fun.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 957

Post#3993 » by Decipher » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Not even close to 'hand in hand'

Also the Knicks beat the 76ers multiple times this season including twice in this series with Embiid.

He still deserves to be suspended, he injured the guy who was locking his ass up in Game 1 cause he was frustrating and being a whiny little baby in that 1st quarter. Its disgusting and sad and pathetic, he's scared of competition.

Its weak sauce when you want another player to be suspended just cause of one play lol.

Just soft.

You should want to beat the Sixers with Embiid. Otherwise the series will be tainted.

:lol: The Knicks are without Randle---We all know that if he was playing the Knicks would sweep the Sixer's asses. The Sixers would have had to sweep the Knicks to convince anyone they stood a chance against the Knicks with Randle on board. Imagine the Sixers without Maxey---they wouldn't even be able to manage single digit losses, let alone win a game.

Embiid committed dirty play after dirty play in this game---even Draymond Green would have been ashamed of that performance. He earned multiple flagrant fouls and he injured Robinson. He is a dirty player.

What?

lol

I can’t stand the Sixers or Embiid but this series is over if Joel is healthy with or without Randle

There’s levels and Randle is one of the most laughable All NBA selections ever
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,777

Post#3994 » by omerome » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:The Robinson play by Embiid looked dirty and uncalled for but that wasn't the play he was injured on. There's a later collision where Robinson actually gets hurt and leaves the game.
This

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

And guess who was the common denominator for both plays? Embiid.

Throwing his body around to get to the free throw or grabbing opponent's legs isn't basketball. It's garbage.
cgf
RealGM

Post#3995 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Just as I thought, you've got an agenda, and it doesn't matter if others do it, you just focus on Embiid. Have fun.

You’re projecting again. Just because you have an agenda doesn’t mean everyone else does too. Some of us just think talking about Jokic in an Embiid thread isn’t entirely relevant.

cgf
RealGM

Post#3996 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:05 pm

Decipher wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Its weak sauce when you want another player to be suspended just cause of one play lol.

Just soft.

You should want to beat the Sixers with Embiid. Otherwise the series will be tainted.

:lol: The Knicks are without Randle---We all know that if he was playing the Knicks would sweep the Sixer's asses. The Sixers would have had to sweep the Knicks to convince anyone they stood a chance against the Knicks with Randle on board. Imagine the Sixers without Maxey---they wouldn't even be able to manage single digit losses, let alone win a game.

Embiid committed dirty play after dirty play in this game---even Draymond Green would have been ashamed of that performance. He earned multiple flagrant fouls and he injured Robinson. He is a dirty player.

What?

lol

I can’t stand the Sixers or Embiid but this series is over if Joel is healthy with or without Randle

There’s levels and Randle is one of the most laughable All NBA selections ever

Is there a more under-rated player in the NBA than Julius Randle?

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3997 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

It is truly hilarious that Knicks fans are whining about Embiid being dirty when the 90s knicks were some of the dirtiest, and most entertainigng mofos out there. Ya'll loved them, but can't stand it when someone else does it to you. **** funny asf.
Rapsin6
Pro Prospect
And1: 918

Post#3998 » by Rapsin6 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

So, if OG kicked Maxey in the nuts at the end of a jump shot, grabbed Embiid’s leg while in the air, fell to the floor into 76er legs several times all the while getting awarded 20 free throws, all you 76er fans would be cool with that…right? That’s real basketball, right?
"Ball"
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#3999 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

You’re projecting again. Just because you have an agenda doesn’t mean everyone else does too. Some of us just think talking about Jokic in an Embiid thread isn’t entirely relevant.

Its perfectly relevant. Keep the same energy for everyone. If you can't do that, YOU have the agenda, not me.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#4000 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:07 pm

eyeatoma wrote:It is truly hilarious that Knicks fans are whining about Embiid being dirty when the 90s knicks were some of the dirtiest, and most entertainigng mofos out there. Ya'll loved them, but can't stand it when someone else does it to you. **** funny asf.

the 90s were a different era in time
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to The General Board