2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,362

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#2841 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:16 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:So, let’s say refs start calling that jersey pull as a foul from here on out…

How long until Oubre and Batum foul out? They were getting away with that all game on Brunson.

No one is saying that those weren't fouls. The point is, you can't let those type of plays decide the game. 1st game Embiid nearly got undressed by Hart. But it wasn't at the end of the game, so I don't view it as significant. This stuff is game deciding.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,446

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#2842 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:So, let’s say refs start calling that jersey pull as a foul from here on out…

How long until Oubre and Batum foul out? They were getting away with that all game on Brunson.

No one is saying that those weren't fouls. The point is, you can't let those type of plays decide the game. 1st game Embiid nearly got undressed by Hart. But it wasn't at the end of the game, so I don't view it as significant. This stuff is game deciding.

Calls should matter all the same, doesn't matter when it is. 10 missed calls in the 2nd quarter can affect the end of the game just as much as 10 missed calls in the 4th quarter, it all affects the end score in the end.

Thats the biggest issue with the 2 minute reports, they only show the last 2 minutes, and people don't get any idea on if the correct calls were made before that.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,294

Post#2843 » by Statlanta » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 pm

The Sixers definitely got screwed during the chaos but the glaring evidence is that all of the Philadelphia players became statues after Brunson's three. Nick Nurse probably moved more than all the red jersey players during that exchange which is why nothing will be made of this report.

Nobody helping Maxey reminded me of the game where Durant turned the ball over to the Warriors in the Curry halfcourt shot game. Absolutely no help by his teammates.

With the leadership on the floor you can't tell me the PG(Maxey), an NBA champion(Lowry), an MVP(Embiid) and a NBA champion coach(Nurse) can't execute an inbound pass during a press.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,457

Post#2844 » by Zenzibar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:28 pm

Again, once Brunson hit the 3, Nurse should have walked on the court and call time, like so many other coaches. But he waited till the inbound pass and it was a risk. But ok, mix reviews.

Eventually, the more aggressive team won. The Knicks again got the bigger rebounds, hit the bigger shots. Lowry missed a BIG free throw and OG hit both his. Simple.

IMO:
1. The 76ers played their best game and still lost.
2. Imbiid is a beast and Maxey a star and the Knicks role players have come up bigger than the 76ers'.
3. The Knicks held their home court and now Philly has to do the same.

Nothing else, lets run it back in Philly. They say the series doesn't start getting interesting until the home team loses one.
Stop All Genocides
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#2845 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:42 pm

Everyone in the media is reading this correctly, except for the people on here saying no timeout should have been called.

Cmon guys...Let's stop being in denial

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,477

Post#2846 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:46 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

Those are absolutely game deciding. There’s at least 2 instances that the arm/jersey pull happened on the other side. That’s 2 fouls that could potentially put players in foul trouble and get the Sixers in the penalty. That changes the way they defend in general.

So if they want to call those, I’d have no problem with it as long as it’s consistent.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#2847 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:53 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Those are absolutely game deciding. There’s at least 2 instances that the arm/jersey pull happened on the other side. That’s 2 fouls that could potentially put players in foul trouble and get the Sixers in the penalty. That changes the way they defend in general.

So if they want to call those, I’d have no problem with it as long as it’s consistent.

That's all everyone wants, and I agree, just be consistent.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,473

Post#2848 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:01 am

This is incredible :lol:

76ers broadcast with 47 seconds left in G2
Alaa: “The goal is getting home court advantage by winning 1 of the 2 games on the road, job done, let’s head down to the turnpike.”
Kate: “Lowry splits em. Stay tuned postgame live is gonna be fun.”
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#2849 » by kuclas » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 am

Definitely home cooking non fouls calls for Knicks last nights

I expect quick whistles and sixers blow out Thursday. And Saturday game will be very close.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,473

Post#2850 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:39 am

kuclas wrote:Definitely home cooking non fouls calls for Knicks last nights

I expect quick whistles and sixers blow out Thursday. And Saturday game will be very close.

76ers shot 48 shots inside the 3pt line and got 22 free throws for the game. They committed 21 fouls.

Knicks shot 58 shots inside the 3pt line and got 23 free throws for the game. They committed 17 fouls.

Seems like it was a pretty fairly officiated game (I only saw the last quarter and half). If the first 2.5 quarters were badly officiated, I have no opinion. But the last 18 minutes seemed solid to me! 8-)
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,275

Post#2851 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:09 am

A classic but well deserved...

...but really, who wants this dudes sweaty arm salt anyway. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
stuporman
RealGM

Post#2852 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:24 am

I didn't realize eyeatoma was a condition that doesn't allow someone to see reality clearly...learn something new every day, I guess.
Image?
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,650

Post#2853 » by NBA4Lyfe » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 am

i remember when the warriors using media analyst by proxy to complain to the world on espn/fs1 that the refs were the only reason they were down 2-0 to the kings last year. the warriors ended up winning that series.

if i were a betting man( unfortunately betting is not legal in texas) i’d say it’s a lock that the sixers will win the next two games( game 3 for sure)
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,477

Post#2854 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:32 am

NBA4Lyfe wrote:i remember when the warriors using media analyst by proxy to complain to the world on espn/fs1 that the refs were the only reason they were down 2-0 to the kings last year. the warriors ended up winning that series.

if i were a betting man( unfortunately betting is not legal in texas) i’d say it’s a lock that the sixers will win the next two games( game 3 for sure)

I’m more betting that Philly takes the next game and drops the Sunday game. And Knicks close it out in MSG. 5 games.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,459

Post#2855 » by Eyeamok » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:00 am

Adam Silver and NBA refs

The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Spandau
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 386

Post#2856 » by Spandau » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:18 am

NiceLikeChrist wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:
You mean the one where he’s just holding his hands in the air waiting to actually call time out if they can’t get a clean inbounds

But once the ball is inbounded to Maxey he quickly puts his hands down because he didn’t want to actually call time unless it was gonna be a 5 second violation

Give me a break
That's what the report says. You can say that all you want. The league says it's a timeout.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

League also says two arm shoves and forearms to the head are marginal contact so I guess it’s up to you whether you believe everything the league “says” or if you want to use your own eyes and brain to come to a conclusion

Bingo. We all saw the same game with, mostly, the same camera angles. That report could have told me the Knicks did everything wrong, but it means nothing to me because they almost always seem like an attempt to placate the loudest group after the game.

Is someone going to earnestly tell me, with full sincerity, that an aggressive two-hand shove be dismissed but the lower body contact be a “missed call?” To say so is incorrect, and the right calls were made in last night’s sequence. A report that says otherwise wasn’t made in good faith, IMO. I wouldn’t even care if they said BOTH should be fouls (I’d disagree), but it sounds like they’re pacifying the loudest crying organization.

Regardless, I hope the ref team for Game 3 does not resort to retaliatory calls, as I’ve seen before after these two-minute reports. One game’s calls should have nothing to do with the next. We will see, but I’m not exited about an inevitable “let’s right a wrong” from officials. There’s zero place for that.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#2857 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:06 am

Game 3 seems like it can be the first double digit difference win and the most probable outcome is a Sixers win so the momentum would flip heading into the most important game of a series, the 4th one.

This series can start 2-0 and still go 7 without a doubt.
Image?
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,375

Post#2858 » by Scalabrine » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 am

NiceLikeChrist wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:
You mean the one where he’s just holding his hands in the air waiting to actually call time out if they can’t get a clean inbounds

But once the ball is inbounded to Maxey he quickly puts his hands down because he didn’t want to actually call time unless it was gonna be a 5 second violation

Give me a break
That's what the report says. You can say that all you want. The league says it's a timeout.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

League also says two arm shoves and forearms to the head are marginal contact so I guess it’s up to you whether you believe everything the league “says” or if you want to use your own eyes and brain to come to a conclusion

or just use the result of the game to tell you what happened. It was a GREAT game. An All Timer! There were plenty of other things the Sixers could have done to win this game. To harp on this and not recognize the game was physical and the refs were letting this go all game long is a disservice to the masterpiece that this game was. Both teams left it all out there and both teams deserved to win. It was such a fun game to watch!
Go Knicks!
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 434

Post#2859 » by Hatrick Ewing » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 am

They tug Brunson's jersey all game. I thought people from Philly had the m.o. of being tough but this has kind of been a crybaby bonanza tbh.

Philly fan:
1. Josh Harts shoe touched Maxey's leg
2. Jalen Brunson had his jersey untucked and it was distracting for Maxey
3. Nick Nurse didn't call a timeout but you could tell he wanted it
4. OG Anunoby was bleeding during a game in Feb vs. an Atlantic division team and wasn't taken out of the game so he should have been taken out of this game for that amount of time because this is also an in-division game.
5. Isaiah Hartenstein hung on the rim in the second quarter and it wasn't long enough for a technical but it was rude.
6. Popcorn vendor was yelling extremely loudly and it's impossible that Philly was not distracted by it.
7. Same issue occurred again with soda vendor.
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,216

Post#2860 » by Mamba81p » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 am

I guess those who said a timeout should have been granted were right. A mea culpa from the other side?

Return to The General Board