2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,477

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#4021 » by Dirk » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 pm

In the heat of the games, it's normal to have emotions and use the board to express them... but do not wish injuries on any player.

The first quarter was full of chaos and Embiid was very frustrated. But to make the jump that he was trying to hurt another guy is pushing it. He certainly was reckless and that was not a normal foul... but I think you would agree that in the heat of that moment he wasn't thinking "Oh let me get this guy injured".

If you feel he did it intentionally (tried to hurt another player), that's fine.

If you wish to see him get injured. Keep the wishes to yourself. Do not post on the general board. For obvious reasons.. it is not acceptable to use the board to say you want to see a guy get injured.

Moderators are kind of like refs where they need to see who instigates, who gets instigated, etc. And this time, given the context of the events, everyone just got deducted some Realgm social credit points. But please... going forward, try to avoid degrading the discussion. You can go on the team boards to wish injuries on players etc.

Spoiler:
Romeiro Celtic wrote:
Ckay wrote:Job's done.
-probably Embiid
Read on Twitter

**** Embiid! Loser and whinner, just a big cry baby who can't stand losing. Cry Embiid! Cry! You're a **** loser who can't get past 2nd round.

Don't do this. Adds no value whatsoever to the boards.
Spoiler:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
Romeiro Celtic wrote:
**** Embiid! Loser and whinner, just a big cry baby who can't stand losing. Cry Embiid! Cry! You're a **** loser who can't get past 2nd round.

If he ends up injuring his knee anymore, it's more than deserved at this point. Total piece of crap.

INB4 eyeatoma writes an entire essay on all the good, charitable deeds Embiid does in his personal time to distract from just how dirty a move that was and all the hate Embiid will get.
Go **** yourself

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Don't tell another user to go **** himself.

And Cubbies, don't bait another user, bringing up a username out of the blue there. And don't refer to JustBuzzin as "clown" in a following post.

Spoiler:
eyeatoma wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=LxpYQLAb_mCEL1YSZn3QZg&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

This dude missed a wide open go ahead 3, how about you pay attention to your own short comings, while blowing a 20 point lead you embarrassing cry baby.

Yeah, our short comings are that the refs aren't in our pockets unlike the Knicks. We're not publishing ref tendencies, intimidating them, so they rig the game for you. League even admits it. Sad that this is the only way the Knicks can win against a hobbled Embiid.

Read on Twitter

Don't spam the topic with the same message/link.

Spoiler:
eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:You guys need to chill. He pulled him down not a good look. I guarantee you he wasn't trying to hurt him.

I gurantee you he was, he was in a little pissy baby mood in the 1st quarter and had SEVERAL dirty plays prior to that Mitch play.
Lol ok. Sounds like the one who is pissy is you.

You can have your opinion, but try to read the room. Sometimes when everyone is saying the same thing (Embiid involved in multiple questionable plays and frustrated), maybe they may have a point. Maybe he didn't try to injure anyone... but he certainly was frustrated and was reckless.
Spoiler:
Exp0sed wrote:shameful game for the league, outrageous officiating
if Embiid doesn't get suspended after the fact for one game then I hope he sprains his ankle
he intentionally injured his best defender and toughest matchup in the series..

meatball sub wrote:Embiid will get what he deserves when that knee finally gives out on him at some point. Dirty ass play

DorianRo wrote:Embiid will get his. That knee will buckle eventually. Karma will collect

Don't write that you hope some player gets injured.
60/21/10
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4022 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 pm

Read on Twitter
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#4023 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:19 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
nikster wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Yes it is, listen to Embiid's interview, and then watch the tape. Embiid feel, Robinson went up to rebound a miss. He jumped and was inches away from landing on him, Embiid anticpated it, and yanked him down. Dumb ass move, but he literally said he did it to keep him from hurting him. I have no illusions, that this was okay. He should have been ejected for it, but he wasn't trying to hurt him, is what I'm trying to say.

Read on Twitter

You expect him to publicly admit he made a dirty play? He was visibly frustrated the play before, stomping around the 3 point line like a child. He's upset again when he goes down and makes a move for Robinsons legs before he even jumped

So what should he have done? Probably could have rolled away, but if Robinson did jump there was a high likelihood he would have landed on him.

So Mitch, who received a pass from OG and not going for a rebound, was going to land towards Embiid, who was behind him? How would that happen when he would go for a dunk where his body would go in a completely different direction? You’re making excuses or just blatantly lying to defend your guy.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#4024 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:22 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
nikster wrote:
You expect him to publicly admit he made a dirty play? He was visibly frustrated the play before, stomping around the 3 point line like a child. He's upset again when he goes down and makes a move for Robinsons legs before he even jumped

So what should he have done? Probably could have rolled away, but if Robinson did jump there was a high likelihood he would have landed on him.

So Mitch, who received a pass from OG and not going for a rebound, was going to land towards Embiid, who was behind him? How would that happen when he would go for a dunk where his body would go in a completely different direction? You’re making excuses or just blatantly lying to defend your guy.

Could it be the guy is stressed about getting hurt again? Could it be that he has had inadvertent injuries from other players his entire career? Could it be that he wants to stick around and fight for his team and progress in the playoffs. Could it be that for a milisecond he thought that Robinson was going to land on him, and hurt him again. Could it be that he had a brain fart and act in his own self interest to make sure that doesnt' happen again, when half his face is paralyzed (btw did you know you can get Bell's palsy from stress. Hmm I wonder why he's stressed. Could it be because he's always hurt and sees his window of being able to win a chip slip away? Embiid mentioned being depressed during his recovery from the meniscus surgery. This is a guy who was giong to quit the NBA when his brother died in car crash. This dude has had every possible horrible thing that could happen to him happen) and he is operating on one good leg? It's not that far fetched, stop making it seem like this dude is intentionally going out every night wanting to end people's careers, when he's had multiple cases where he has had career threatening injuries caused by other players. With that in mind, do you trully think he wants to do that to someone else.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,779

Post#4025 » by omerome » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:24 pm

Dirk wrote:In the heat of the games, it's normal to have emotions and use the board to express them... but do not wish injuries on any player.

The first quarter was full of chaos and Embiid was very frustrated. But to make the jump that he was trying to hurt another guy is pushing it. He certainly was reckless and that was not a normal foul... but I think you would agree that in the heat of that moment he wasn't thinking "Oh let me get this guy injured".

If you feel he did it intentionally (tried to hurt another player), that's fine.

If you wish to see him get injured. Keep the wishes to yourself. Do not post on the general board. For obvious reasons.. it is not acceptable to use the board to say you want to see a guy get injured.

Moderators are kind of like refs where they need to see who instigates, who gets instigated, etc. And this time, given the context of the events, everyone just got deducted some Realgm social credit points. But please... going forward, try to avoid degrading the discussion. You can go on the team boards to wish injuries on players etc.

Spoiler:
Romeiro Celtic wrote:
Ckay wrote:Job's done.
-probably Embiid
Read on Twitter

Don't do this. Adds no value whatsoever to the boards.
Spoiler:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
If he ends up injuring his knee anymore, it's more than deserved at this point. Total piece of crap.

INB4 eyeatoma writes an entire essay on all the good, charitable deeds Embiid does in his personal time to distract from just how dirty a move that was and all the hate Embiid will get.
Go **** yourself

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Don't tell another user to go **** himself.

And Cubbies, don't bait another user, bringing up a username out of the blue there. And don't refer to JustBuzzin as "clown" in a following post.

Spoiler:
eyeatoma wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
This dude missed a wide open go ahead 3, how about you pay attention to your own short comings, while blowing a 20 point lead you embarrassing cry baby.

Yeah, our short comings are that the refs aren't in our pockets unlike the Knicks. We're not publishing ref tendencies, intimidating them, so they rig the game for you. League even admits it. Sad that this is the only way the Knicks can win against a hobbled Embiid.

Read on Twitter

Don't spam the topic with the same message/link.

Spoiler:
eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I gurantee you he was, he was in a little pissy baby mood in the 1st quarter and had SEVERAL dirty plays prior to that Mitch play.
Lol ok. Sounds like the one who is pissy is you.

You can have your opinion, but try to read the room. Sometimes when everyone is saying the same thing (Embiid involved in multiple questionable plays and frustrated), maybe they may have a point. Maybe he didn't try to injure anyone... but he certainly was frustrated and was reckless.
Spoiler:
Exp0sed wrote:shameful game for the league, outrageous officiating
if Embiid doesn't get suspended after the fact for one game then I hope he sprains his ankle
he intentionally injured his best defender and toughest matchup in the series..

meatball sub wrote:Embiid will get what he deserves when that knee finally gives out on him at some point. Dirty ass play

DorianRo wrote:Embiid will get his. That knee will buckle eventually. Karma will collect

Don't write that you hope some player gets injured.

I don't want to see Embiid get injured, but he needs to just start playing basketball.

Resorting to grabbing a player's leg while they are in the air is not a basketball play - whatsoever. Him giving OG a hip check/illegal screen which again can get a player hurt. Kicking Mitchell Robinson in the groin, while at the same time him constantly complain when he doesn't get calls is not basketball. Or whatever you want to describe the collision with him and Hartenstein.

I can accept if he wins games by his pure talent, which no one should deny, but he needs to leave it at that. His style of play sours plenty of fans watching - those who have stakes in it, and those who don't.

We all just want a good competitive series, and whoever wins - wins.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#4026 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:30 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Could it be the guy is stressed about getting hurt again? Could it be that he has had inadvertent injuries from other players his entire career? Could it be that he wants to stick around and fight for his team and progress in the playoffs. Could it be that for a milisecond he thought that Robinson was going to land on him, and hurt him again. Could it be that he had a brain fart and act in his own self interest to make sure that doesnt' happen again, when half his face is paralyzed and he is operating on one good leg? It's not that far fetched, stop making it seem like this dude is intentionally going out every night wanting to end people's careers, when he's had multiple cases where he has had career threatening injuries.

You don’t pull someone’s legs towards you by mistake. Embiid is a dirty POS. He has a history of doing this. He had more moments like this throughout the game. That was just the most blatant one. You’ve made up your mind on your guy. But if it happens to him, I’ll expect to see you complaining all over this thread about it.
H20DrainsIT
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#4027 » by H20DrainsIT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:41 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
nikster wrote:

Yes, he would have landed on him because the only logical move Mitch can make infront of the basket with no defender is to take a fade-away jump shot obviously. :lol:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,462

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4028 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Just as I thought, you've got an agenda, and it doesn't matter if others do it, you just focus on Embiid. Have fun.

You’re projecting again. Just because you have an agenda doesn’t mean everyone else does too. Some of us just think talking about Jokic in an Embiid thread isn’t entirely relevant.

Its perfectly relevant. Keep the same energy for everyone. If you can't do that, YOU have the agenda, not me.

I do keep that same energy regardless of the name on the front or the back, that's why you can't find any posts from me excusing Jokic for losing his temper...or Randle for losing his, to include a player I am biased towards...but you bringing that up when we're talking about Embiid isn't irrelevant.

Just like it wouldn't matter if everyone except for you on this earth was an irrational Embiid hater. What matters to the current discussion is what your man did and what you seem so reluctant to admit he did, so stop trying to deflect from that. If you want to talk about Jokic go to a Jokic thread.

If you read through my posts during this series, I have been very complimentary of Embiid and have repeatedly defended his play against other knicks fans that I felt were being unfair to him. So you're not going to have much luck employing the "I'm rubber you're glue" stratagem against me.

I have my biases...usually for 2nd options that get too much s*** because their teams ask them to be 1st options...but before last night, Embiid wasn't one of them. And I still don't even have any actual hate for him. He's petulant and went full scumbag last night, but he's an incredibly gifted player & he doesn't wear a Berliner FC Dynamo shirt, so I don't have a reason to hate him.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,510

Post#4029 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm

I'd just ignore the 76ers fans justifications of Embiid's behavior. Listening to the post-game interview, Embiid stated he's "always been the recipient of bad situations" which is just an outrageous lie. He's taken away player's careers (literally tore Danny Green's knee in half) and complained about bad foul calls meanwhile everyone with eyes saw what really happened.

Out of respect for Dirk, I'll keep any other thoughts to myself as I've made them clear earlier.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,510

Post#4030 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 pm

H20DrainsIT wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Yes, he would have landed on him because the only logical move Mitch can make infront of the basket with no defender is to take a fade-away jump shot obviously. :lol:

That was my favorite part about the Embiid interview lie. He claimed he did it to protect himself, but I've yet to see any big man attempt a fade away put back when an open layup/dunk is available because the opposing big spends 80% of his time on defense flopping around like a fish. :lol:
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#4031 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 pm

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
You’re projecting again. Just because you have an agenda doesn’t mean everyone else does too. Some of us just think talking about Jokic in an Embiid thread isn’t entirely relevant.

Its perfectly relevant. Keep the same energy for everyone. If you can't do that, YOU have the agenda, not me.

I do keep that same energy regardless of the name on the front or the back, that's why you can't find any posts from me excusing Jokic for losing his temper...or Randle for losing his, to include a player I am biased towards...but you bringing that up when we're talking about Embiid isn't irrelevant.

Just like it wouldn't matter if everyone except for you on this earth was an irrational Embiid hater. What matters to the current discussion is what your man did and what you seem so reluctant to admit he did, so stop trying to deflect from that. If you want to talk about Jokic go to a Jokic thread.

If you read through my posts during this series, I have been very complimentary of Embiid and have repeatedly defended his play against other knicks fans that I felt were being unfair to him. So you're not going to have much luck employing the "I'm rubber you're glue" stratagem against me.

I have my biases...usually for 2nd options that get too much s*** because their teams ask them to be 1st options...but before last night, Embiid wasn't one of them. And I still don't even have any actual hate for him. He's petulant and went full scumbag last night, but he's an incredibly gifted player & he doesn't wear a Berliner FC Dynamo shirt, so I don't have a reason to hate him.

I have noticed those compliments towards him from you. I have also noticed the majority on here have let their emotions get the best of them. My point of bringing up Jokic was to illustrate the chasm in the level of reaction people have towards that sort of behaviour when it's a fan favorite, as opposed to a powderkeg like Embiid. I'm not surprised by the reaction, but it also doesn't mean it was intentional in trying to cause harm. This is all I'm trying to say. It was a dirty move, players can be dirty, even the best of them. There is no room in the game for it, especially when you are potentially doing something dangerous, but there is also no room for people to assume that people are trying to willingly hurt each other. Unless people are coming to blows, the NBA is a fraternity and for the most part these guys all respect and like each other, and don't want to take away from their livelihoods or dreams. I hope RObinson can play again next game/in this series, he does a great job defending Embiid, and I enjoy watching him.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,779

Post#4032 » by omerome » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
H20DrainsIT wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

That was my favorite part about the Embiid interview lie. He claimed he did it to protect himself, but I've yet to see any big man attempt a fade away put back when an open layup/dunk is available because the opposing big spends 80% of his time on defense flopping around like a fish. :lol:

Yeah, it's no one's fault but Embiid that he is constantly on the floor to begin with. Mitchell Robinson did the only logical basketball play when he's directly under the basket with the ball - which was to dunk it. No one should have to think about getting their legs grabbed under them and that's why it's dangerous.

Embiid spends so much time on the floor that I'm surprised they aren't married.
liquidswords
Pro Prospect
And1: 961

Post#4033 » by liquidswords » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:09 pm

The whining about Embiid is becoming so tired. What happened to appreciating greatness? Oh only when its everyone except Embiid? He just dropped 50 in a critical game on 1 leg.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,847

Post#4034 » by azcatz11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:09 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
VicG wrote:Man I know most people hate Embiid but just give him respect for tonight, helluva game. It's not the refs, dude is nailing his shots.

Bro he intentionally injured someone. **** that noise

No he didn't. Robinson would have landed right on him, so he took action and pushed him out of the way. It was reckless and dangerous, but so is people jumping on top of you when you're on the floor.

Bro - that's completely ridiculous. Watch again. He could have easily avoided getting landed on lol. The fact that he's trying to play victim after taking out Mitch for the game is ridiculous also.
H20DrainsIT
Sophomore
And1: 105

Post#4035 » by H20DrainsIT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
H20DrainsIT wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

Yeah Embiid playing the victim and the ironic part is that he would have been safer doing nothing, but decided to pull a 7 footer down towards his body. :lol:
DorianRo
Senior
And1: 617

Post#4036 » by DorianRo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

liquidswords wrote:The whining about Embiid is becoming so tired. What happened to appreciating greatness? Oh only when its everyone except Embiid? He just dropped 50 in a critical game on 1 leg.

Well because he’s purposely trying to take someone else’s legs out LOL. Maliciously. Not by accident. Or yes maybe is just dumb. Who knows
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,430

Post#4037 » by Mikistan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:36 pm

DorianRo wrote:
liquidswords wrote:The whining about Embiid is becoming so tired. What happened to appreciating greatness? Oh only when its everyone except Embiid? He just dropped 50 in a critical game on 1 leg.

Well because he’s purposely trying to take someone else’s legs out LOL. Maliciously. Not by accident. Or yes maybe is just dumb. Who knows

He was just protecting himself by fouling a guy increasing the chance of that guy landing on him. Big brain move.
Appleshampoo
Starter
And1: 931

Post#4038 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:39 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Could it be the guy is stressed about getting hurt again? Could it be that he has had inadvertent injuries from other players his entire career? Could it be that he wants to stick around and fight for his team and progress in the playoffs. Could it be that for a milisecond he thought that Robinson was going to land on him, and hurt him again. Could it be that he had a brain fart and act in his own self interest to make sure that doesnt' happen again, when half his face is paralyzed (btw did you know you can get Bell's palsy from stress. Hmm I wonder why he's stressed. Could it be because he's always hurt and sees his window of being able to win a chip slip away? Embiid mentioned being depressed during his recovery from the meniscus surgery. This is a guy who was giong to quit the NBA when his brother died in car crash. This dude has had every possible horrible thing that could happen to him happen) and he is operating on one good leg? It's not that far fetched, stop making it seem like this dude is intentionally going out every night wanting to end people's careers, when he's had multiple cases where he has had career threatening injuries caused by other players. With that in mind, do you trully think he wants to do that to someone else.

:crazy: we all watch the man play the way he plays. Sympathy is the best disguise.
Appleshampoo
Starter
And1: 931

Post#4039 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:42 pm

People hate the NBA because we're supposed to turn a blind eye and call that greatness. The product is an insult to game.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,614

Post#4040 » by Bergmaniac » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:44 pm

How many more palyers Embiid is going to injure while "trying to protect himself" before the league takes action? It's beyond absurd at this point. He is recklessly throwing himself at the feet of players several times per game with his wild flopping and now he is grabbing legs and again is supposedly protecting himself. Give me a break. You got to be a fanboy of Eyeatoma and Hussien Fatal's level of obsession to buy this nonsense.

Return to The General Board