2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,891

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3901 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 am

drekwins wrote:
Read on Twitter
False. He was suspended because he surpassed the allowed number of flagrant fouls for the season.

At least know what you're talking about.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,716

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3902 » by Butch718 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 am

lessthanjake wrote:Is it confirmed that Mitchell Robinson’s injury was caused on that particular play with Embiid? It’s not clear to me that that’s the case. I think Embiid clearly should’ve been ejected either way, but not ejecting him is a bit more clearly outrageous if the play actually did injure an opponent.

Whether Embiid was responsible for his injury or not is irrelevant. It was a dirty play period. The fact we have a few posters on this thread that are desperately trying to defend Embiid and conflate certain plays as being equal is just so irrational to me. If Mitch did the same to Embiid I would have no issues calling a spade a spade.

It makes me realize that you can’t actually have a reasonable discussion with any fan that would even defend what Embiid did tonight. It’s like arguing with a mentally handicapped person.
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,591

Post#3903 » by Maury2423 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:19 am

I don’t think Mitch aggravated his ankle on the leg pull by Embiid, I think he aggravated it on Embiid’s flop a few plays later when he got fouled and flopped. I think Mitch’s foot got stuck under Embiid and his shoe came off too, if I’m not mistaken, it’s the foot/ankle that he aggravated tonight. I noticed the limping right after that play
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#3904 » by drekwins » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Read on Twitter
False. He was suspended because he surpassed the allowed number of flagrant fouls for the season.

Read on Twitter
XtremeDunkz
General Manager

Post#3905 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 am

drekwins wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Has zero correlation to your original post. Hold your L high
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#3906 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 am

It’s all good. Take your W. We still had a chance to take this, but that anomaly of a 3rd quarter 3 point shooting is what took us out of it. Adjustments will be made and we’ll come back to take a W on Sunday.
lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,253

Post#3907 » by lessthanjake » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:23 am

Butch718 wrote:
lessthanjake wrote:Is it confirmed that Mitchell Robinson’s injury was caused on that particular play with Embiid? It’s not clear to me that that’s the case. I think Embiid clearly should’ve been ejected either way, but not ejecting him is a bit more clearly outrageous if the play actually did injure an opponent.

Whether Embiid was responsible for his injury or not is irrelevant. It was a dirty play period. The fact we have a few posters on this thread that are desperately trying to defend Embiid and conflate certain plays as being equal is just so irrational to me. If Mitch did the same to Embiid I would have no issues calling a spade a spade.

It makes me realize that you can actually have a reasonable discussion with any fans that would even defend what Embiid did tonight. It’s like arguing with a mentally handicapped person.

I largely agree with you, but I actually think it does make some difference, because if it’s actually what injured Robinson, then I think there’s a more compelling argument for him to be suspended for it. Not that you have to injure someone to deserve a suspension (or to be ejected from the game), but realistically it creates a different situation for the league. (Not that I actually think there’s virtually any chance of him being suspended). I also personally am curious because I want to know whether it gets added to the list of other players Embiid has injured in the playoffs.
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager

Post#3908 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 am

lessthanjake wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

It makes me realize that you can actually have a reasonable discussion with any fans that would even defend what Embiid did tonight. It’s like arguing with a mentally handicapped person.

I largely agree with you, but I actually think it does make some difference, because if it’s actually what injured Robinson, then I think there’s a more compelling argument for him to be suspended for it. Not that you have to injure someone to deserve a suspension (or to be ejected from the game), but realistically it creates a different situation for the league. I also personally am curious because I want to know whether it gets added to the list of other players Embiid has injured in the playoffs.
It looks like the ankle that is booted post game is not the ankle Embiid had hold of.

Just saying.

10/27/16
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,159

Post#3909 » by GrandTheftRondo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:25 am

Butch718 wrote:

It makes me realize that you can’t actually have a reasonable discussion with any fan that would even defend what Embiid did tonight. It’s like arguing with a mentally handicapped person.

Just imagine the absolute unhinged tears from certain Sixers fans there would be if someone did that to the one they worship
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,591

Post#3910 » by Maury2423 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 am

Did the Knicks get lucky with the non calls at the end of Game 2? Yes, we got lucky that they didn’t make those calls, primarily the jersey pull because I feel like the Hart contact was minimal.

But what Embiid did today, multiple times, was dirty.

There’s a big difference between missed calls but the refs and dirty, non basketball plays.

DDV had a dirty play vs the 76ers, I think Oubre was involved, and he should have been ejected for that (if he wasn’t, i forgot)

Embiid should have been ejected for his leg pull on Mitch, whether it led to Mitch’s ankle aggravation is irrelevant. It was an intentional malicious play by Embiid.

Other than his 3 dirty plays, the Mitch leg pull, kicking Mitch’s nuts after shooting, and the dirty screen on OG, Embiid had a hell of a game.

*I’ll cut him some slack on the play where he got IHart in the balls with his knee, I don’t think that was intentional*
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,716

Post#3911 » by Butch718 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:29 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

Just imagine the absolute unhinged tears from certain Sixers fans there would be if someone did that to the one they worship

If Brunson did that **** to Tatum I would absolutely say that Brunson should have been ejected and that it was a dirty and dangerous play. But that’s the difference between sane and irrational fans.
drekwins
Head Coach

Post#3912 » by drekwins » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:34 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
drekwins wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:False. He was suspended because he surpassed the allowed number of flagrant fouls for the season.

Read on Twitter

[tweet][/tweet]
Ejected and suspended one game. I'll keep finding more. Reckless plays when guys are vulnerable can not be allowed.
drekwins
Head Coach

Post#3913 » by drekwins » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am

drekwins wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Read on Twitter

[tweet][/tweet]
Ejected and suspended one game. I'll keep finding more. Reckless plays when guys are vulnerable can not be allowed.

[tweet][/tweet]
Playoff game here. You can't hit guys unless youre making a play on the ball.
drekwins
Head Coach

Post#3914 » by drekwins » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:40 am

drekwins wrote:
drekwins wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
Playoff game here. You can't hit guys unless youre making a play on the ball.

you dont take out guys legs
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#3915 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:41 am

eyeatoma wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:Knicks got away with a couple of fouls late in game 2. Embiid got away with a Flagrant 2 in game 3. Fair and let's move on.
This

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

You did it :nod: :nod: :nod:

3 more times and Hudson will overflow from the Knickerbockers tears
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#3916 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 am

eyeatoma wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Pot meet kettle. Worry about players you guys had before whining about others. Those two made a career out of being dirty.

Why would I worry about players not even in Boston?

Are you slow or something?

Maybe all that Embiid guzzling has rotted your brain.
Here come the insults.

I get it sucks that Boston is about to lose to the Heat.

You've lost your mind
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#3917 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 am

eyeatoma wrote:As I said.

Read on Twitter
?t=yXq1-MiaA0skE2lTsUNIUA&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=faTRs-605UlNLF1fhE9mtw&s=19

"As I said?"

What the hell?

Embiid just injured someone, and is playing the victim. He got to play this game. Mitchell did not.

Is Embiid a family member of yours? Jesus Christ man.
This is about safety. Get a freaking grip.
styLesdavis
Rookie
And1: 605

Post#3918 » by styLesdavis » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:53 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
lessthanjake wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

I largely agree with you, but I actually think it does make some difference, because if it’s actually what injured Robinson, then I think there’s a more compelling argument for him to be suspended for it. Not that you have to injure someone to deserve a suspension (or to be ejected from the game), but realistically it creates a different situation for the league. I also personally am curious because I want to know whether it gets added to the list of other players Embiid has injured in the playoffs.
It looks like the ankle that is booted post game is not the ankle Embiid had hold of.

Just saying.

Are you serious? This is not a "dangerous play" because it could hurt the leg/ ankle by holding it, but because you take away Robinsons normal "landing motion". You clearly see that Robinson lands first with his other leg because of Embiids holding so its mind blowing to try to argue that his injury had nothing to do with Embiids bull just because "its the other leg". Seriously.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,417

Post#3919 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:53 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:As I said.

Read on Twitter
?t=yXq1-MiaA0skE2lTsUNIUA&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=faTRs-605UlNLF1fhE9mtw&s=19

"As I said?"

What the hell?

Embiid just injured someone, and is playing the victim. He got to play this game. Mitchell did not.

Is Embiid a family member of yours? Jesus Christ man.
This is about safety. Get a freaking grip.
Read the tweet.. The leg he grabbed was the other one. Mitch was already questionable and tweaked it on another play.

XtremeDunkz
General Manager

Post#3920 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 am

styLesdavis wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
lessthanjake wrote:

Just saying.

Are you serious? This is not a "dangerous play" because it could hurt the leg/ ankle by holding it, but because you take away Robinsons normal "landing motion". You clearly see that Robinson lands first with his other leg because of Embiids holding so its mind blowing to try to argue that his injury had nothing to do with Embiids bull just because "its the other leg". Seriously.

You seem to be adding a lot of words that don't exist in my post.
10/27/16

Return to The General Board