Trae point shaving in the ATL/CHI game. Who's his next team?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

MrTribbiani
Sophomore
And1: 76

Re: Trae point shaving in the ATL/CHI game. Who's his next team? 

Post#41 » by MrTribbiani » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:48 pm

OP is weird for baselessly accusing Trae of point shaving.

He's still a great player (he was an All-Star this year after all). We'll see what happens in the offseason.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 230

Post#42 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:19 pm

MrTribbiani wrote:OP is weird for baselessly accusing Trae of point shaving.

He's still a great player (he was an All-Star this year after all). We'll see what happens in the offseason.
Agreed it was baseless cause he hates him. That applies to all haters when creating baseless threads. If this was a player he idolized, he be hyping him up like a nut case now.

If Lakers can trade for the only player similar to a prime Curry to create a 3 headed monster, they can finally win the ship against full strength teams. Now they will lose to the Nuggets again just like they would have lost to the Pelicans if Zion didn't get hurt. Hopefully Jokic stays healthy cause beating team when their best player is out is pathetic. Ask Jimmy Buckets if he agrees.

https://youtube.com/shorts/LqjZ3ByHFIg?si=XzsxIZC7UKRaf2W1

Good response cause Joey knows!

https://youtu.be/lqKjcjhCeK8?si=d4oZuMg4fu6iaGqY
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,416

Post#43 » by phanman » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
Bologna Smasher wrote:Some ideas...

Nets - Picks, Cam Thomas & Ben Simmons' contract
Lakers - Some combination of De'Angelo Russell, Reaves & Hachimura
Heat - Tyler Herro
Pelicans - Combination of McCollum, Ingram & picks
Magic - Picks & contract filler. Perhaps Suggs. Don't know what they'd offer, but I think they'd be in the mix
Spurs - Keldon Johnson, Sochan, picks
Wizards - Everything except Avdija

I would say the Nets, Heat and Spurs would be the biggest ones.

Trae for Ingram is really intriguing, hadn't heard of that one before. Well done.

It is interesting indeed, but maybe I am prisoner of the moment, but I do not value Young so high at this point. I think Ingram might have more value alone, I am not even sure I rather gave Young over Reaves straight up, well, maybe I would, but he is not the guy who varants these players plus additional real good assets. Would rather have Suggs than Young.

Uhh a Trae + CJ backcourt would get annihilated. There's is only so much Herb can do, especially Zion as the help man and no real rim protector in the paint.

Trae + Capela for CJ + Ingram works though
:lol:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,663

Post#44 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:02 pm

Whichever team has the dumbest owner, who knows very little about winning basketball, and thinks Trae will sell tickets. Find that guy, and try to make a trade. Hard to imagine any well run organization wanting him now that people are finally starting to realize what he has been all along.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,663

Post#45 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:07 pm

Lalouie wrote:Hou, chi or similarly troubled franchise

his lot in life

I’m a Bulls fan and, yeah, we are a troubled franchise. Very troubled. I just wrote a post that Atlanta’s target should be a basketball-dumb owner focused primarily on stirring up some fan interest and cash. Unfortunately for me that could be us, especially since we have Lavine to unload.

But Houston isn’t troubled. They are headed in the right direction. Though they could become troubled by trading for Trae.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,605

Post#46 » by dc » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:Spurs don't need someone to overshadow Wemby.

I don't think anyone is overshadowing Wemby. The guy is going to be so freaking dominant, he's not going to need superstar help besides him. A Jrue/Middleton level supporting cast makes them a dynasty.

And I'm not saying Trae wouldn't help them at all (because he absolutely would); I just think there are better alternatives than overpaying to get him.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
dc
Head Coach

Post#47 » by dc » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Pretty sure his next team is Atlanta since I don’t really see a market for Trae Young

Not at the price ATL would likely ask for, anyways.

I think Trae is better than a lot of people are giving him credit for. He's just not worth giving up a mother lode for. Makes no sense to unload a bunch of assets for him and wind up in some conundrum where you're wondering how the hell you're going to build around him (basically what ATL is dealing with now).
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,420

Post#48 » by WestbrookGOATed » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 pm

Giddey and a couple picks for Trae.
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,129

Post#49 » by art_tatum » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 pm

Wemby will just be frustrated when Trae clanks 30 footers while he's wide open
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#50 » by Indomitable » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Threezus wrote:Not sure but im ready for it to happen the team is much better around murray and another star added to him. If the front office moves Murray instead of Trae it will set us back so much further. Also this isn't me bagging on trae i just don't see a way to build a legit championship team around him here in Atlanta. We screwed up by putting the wrong players around him that you need to make trae work. Now the cap space is gone and any other trade pieces wouldn't be enough to get a superstar type of player you need with trae to be the batman to traes robin. Now on the other hand i 100% can see a way that Trae gets enough value back with the extra young players and 1sts we have now. To make a legit offer for another star player to put with murray and jalen though. To me you need a elite star big with Trae like a Embidd, Joker, Giannis to make him work and make that a championship team. I would LOVE to see Trae with Wemby i think that has the potential to be a god tier duo that fits each other if wemby reaches what peak i think he can.

Completely agree with you. He needs to play with a superstar and Wemby is that guy.

People trying to kill Wembys career by pairing him up with Trae. Why would anyone willingly invite cancer into the organism?

ESPN talking heads
:banghead:
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#51 » by Indomitable » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 pm

Rainwater wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Threezus wrote:
Why would anyone call Trae a Cancer he is quite well liked by his teammates and is a elite level passer who loves to get assists for other players.

-He’s small weak undersized
-He’s not athletic
-He’s not a smart basketball player
-He’s not a good shooter
-He’s got that ugly fishing for fouls James Harden game
-He’s thinks he’s better than he is
-He’s a horrible defender

-He does drop dimes.

The Spurs could draft a better younger PG on a rookie deal. If we’re taking Trae Young then the bar isn’t very high.

Not going to lie I agree with all of this, these are all of Trae's issue. But SA (and Wemby) is the only team that can hide Trae's issues.

Why would the Spurs do it?
:banghead:
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,470

Post#52 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:07 pm

WestbrookGOATed wrote:Giddey and a couple picks for Trae.

The issue with Giddey is him playing off the ball. Trae is even worse playing off the ball. You want the ball in Trae's hands over Shai?
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,870

Post#53 » by ___Rand___ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 pm

Any team with championship aspiration, can they realistically have Trae as their PG? Too small, can't defend. A defensive team with 2 great perimeter players like Clippers might be the only one who can have Trae as PG and be realistically compete for a chip.
dc
Head Coach

Post#54 » by dc » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm

Indomitable wrote:Why would the Spurs do it?

I think the Spurs would take Trae at a cheap/reasonable cost. There's just no way they'll give up the farm for him. They're not in some dire straits at the moment to do it.

Wemby at the moment isn't some ringless, 29 year old vet who is getting frustrated with the team and the Spurs are in some kind of desperation mode to make moves to placate him.

Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 410

Post#55 » by Hatrick Ewing » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 pm

Im so high lol. I think it's just time for him to change scenery. Who knows if it will be better somewhere else but prob better for him and the team. whoooo im baked shiiit ****
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,856

Post#56 » by NZB2323 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 am

He was coming back from an injury, hasn’t had the best year, and plays poorly against Ayo.

I think teaming up Trae with a big who can cover his defensive shortcomings makes the most sense. So someone like Gobert or Wemby. Maybe if KAT plays horrible in the playoffs again we’ll see a Trae-KAT swap.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,905

Post#57 » by durden_tyler » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 am

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Threezus wrote:Not sure but im ready for it to happen the team is much better around murray and another star added to him. If the front office moves Murray instead of Trae it will set us back so much further. Also this isn't me bagging on trae i just don't see a way to build a legit championship team around him here in Atlanta. We screwed up by putting the wrong players around him that you need to make trae work. Now the cap space is gone and any other trade pieces wouldn't be enough to get a superstar type of player you need with trae to be the batman to traes robin. Now on the other hand i 100% can see a way that Trae gets enough value back with the extra young players and 1sts we have now. To make a legit offer for another star player to put with murray and jalen though. To me you need a elite star big with Trae like a Embidd, Joker, Giannis to make him work and make that a championship team. I would LOVE to see Trae with Wemby i think that has the potential to be a god tier duo that fits each other if wemby reaches what peak i think he can.

Completely agree with you. He needs to play with a superstar and Wemby is that guy.

People trying to kill Wembys career by pairing him up with Trae. Why would anyone willingly invite cancer into the organism?

Yes i get it that they want a point guard with Wemby but not a chucking point guard like Trae.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 852

Post#58 » by Roy T » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 am

UcanUwill wrote:P.S. To imply Trae is top 3-5 PG, even if you are a big fan, is a bit outrageous though, is he even that in the East? (Brunson, Halliburton, Lillard, Maxey, Garland, Jrue, Murray, Cade)

Trae is top 10 for sure. 3-5 might be a reach but I dont consider a few guys on your list to be PGs.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,683

Post#59 » by Rainwater » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Roy T wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:The Spurs could draft a better younger PG on a rookie deal.

I highly doubt there is a top 3-5 point guard in this draft.

There isn't one, and there isn't one better than Trae most likely. I mean, likely, there probably is, but he is not that for years still and none of use sure who that person in the draft even is.

P.S. To imply Trae is top 3-5 PG, even if you are a big fan, is a bit outrageous though, is he even that in the East? (Brunson, Halliburton, Lillard, Maxey, Garland, Jrue, Murray, Cade)

Players and coaches didn’t even vote him top 5 in the all star game in the east
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,683

Post#60 » by Rainwater » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 am

NZB2323 wrote:He was coming back from an injury, hasn’t had the best year, and plays poorly against Ayo.

I think teaming up Trae with a big who can cover his defensive shortcomings makes the most sense. So someone like Gobert or Wemby. Maybe if KAT plays horrible in the playoffs again we’ll see a Trae-KAT swap.

There is no way Minn is trading their All Star big after they were one of the best teams in the league. It makes no sense.

Return to The General Board