Trae point shaving in the ATL/CHI game. Who's his next team?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

picc
RealGM
And1: 17,804

Trae point shaving in the ATL/CHI game. Who's his next team? 

Post#1 » by picc » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 am

Maybe not point shaving, but Jontay Porter has to be looking at him like game recognize game...

Playing horribly and looking lazy, and just had a moment where Murray was visibly frustrated at him. All of which is going to make the decision for the ATL front office to trade him a lot easier this summer.

What's the best team to make a realistic offer for Trae and get him?
picc
RealGM

Re: Trae point shaving in the ATL/CHI game. Who's his next team? 

Post#2 » by picc » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:30 am

Update: May actually be point shaving.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#3 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:34 am

He's just so bad it's hard to tell.
Handlez
Sophomore
And1: 276

Post#4 » by Handlez » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 am

Spurs.

That pick and roll with Wemby will be electric.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,684

Post#5 » by Dez » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:47 am

Ayo absolutely locks down Trae every time, it's not a surprise.
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,622

Post#6 » by Threezus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:47 am

Not sure but im ready for it to happen the team is much better around murray and another star added to him. If the front office moves Murray instead of Trae it will set us back so much further. Also this isn't me bagging on trae i just don't see a way to build a legit championship team around him here in Atlanta. We screwed up by putting the wrong players around him that you need to make trae work. Now the cap space is gone and any other trade pieces wouldn't be enough to get a superstar type of player you need with trae to be the batman to traes robin. Now on the other hand i 100% can see a way that Trae gets enough value back with the extra young players and 1sts we have now. To make a legit offer for another star player to put with murray and jalen though. To me you need a elite star big with Trae like a Embidd, Joker, Giannis to make him work and make that a championship team. I would LOVE to see Trae with Wemby i think that has the potential to be a god tier duo that fits each other if wemby reaches what peak i think he can.
picc
RealGM

Post#7 » by picc » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:53 am

Threezus wrote:Not sure but im ready for it to happen the team is much better around murray and another star added to him. If the front office moves Murray instead of Trae it will set us back so much further. Also this isn't me bagging on trae i just don't see a way to build a legit championship team around him here in Atlanta. We screwed up by putting the wrong players around him that you need to make trae work. Now the cap space is gone and any other trade pieces wouldn't be enough to get a superstar type of player you need with trae to be the batman to traes robin. Now on the other hand i 100% can see a way that Trae gets enough value back with the extra young players and 1sts we have now. To make a legit offer for another star player to put with murray and jalen though. To me you need a elite star big with Trae like a Embidd, Joker, Giannis to make him work and make that a championship team. I would LOVE to see Trae with Wemby i think that has the potential to be a god tier duo that fits each other if wemby reaches what peak i think he can.

I don't know why but this game really highlighted to me how short Trae is. And how unathletic.
EmperorLocky
Sixth Man
And1: 3,071

Post#8 » by EmperorLocky » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:55 am

Hell of a slanderous title
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,507

Post#9 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:00 am

I would say Spurs but Pop wouldn't even invite the guy to Team USA.... and that was when his stock was much higher than it is now so I can't see it happening.
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,612

Post#10 » by One_and_Done » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:00 am

Not the Spurs.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 230

Post#11 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 am

Spurs don't need someone to overshadow Wemby.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,683

Post#12 » by Rainwater » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 am

Threezus wrote:Not sure but im ready for it to happen the team is much better around murray and another star added to him. If the front office moves Murray instead of Trae it will set us back so much further. Also this isn't me bagging on trae i just don't see a way to build a legit championship team around him here in Atlanta. We screwed up by putting the wrong players around him that you need to make trae work. Now the cap space is gone and any other trade pieces wouldn't be enough to get a superstar type of player you need with trae to be the batman to traes robin. Now on the other hand i 100% can see a way that Trae gets enough value back with the extra young players and 1sts we have now. To make a legit offer for another star player to put with murray and jalen though. To me you need a elite star big with Trae like a Embidd, Joker, Giannis to make him work and make that a championship team. I would LOVE to see Trae with Wemby i think that has the potential to be a god tier duo that fits each other if wemby reaches what peak i think he can.

Completely agree with you. He needs to play with a superstar and Wemby is that guy.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,341

Post#13 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:17 am

Rainwater wrote:

Completely agree with you. He needs to play with a superstar and Wemby is that guy.

People trying to kill Wembys career by pairing him up with Trae. Why would anyone willingly invite cancer into the organism?
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Threezus
Veteran

Post#14 » by Threezus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:20 am

picc wrote:

I don't know why but this game really highlighted to me how short Trae is. And how unathletic.

Trae is taller than CP3 by a inch and the photo's of them standing next to each other even show that. As far as unathletic i think it's more so rust for him right now than being unathletic. I don't think anyone has had a issue with trae's athleticism and speed before thats usually one of his minor assets. He's not westbrook out there but he's pretty good athleticism in general. Trae has been out for like 20 to 30 games and just came back in the last week. So he isn't 100% up to speed from what he was before.
Threezus
Veteran

Post#15 » by Threezus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:21 am

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

People trying to kill Wembys career by pairing him up with Trae. Why would anyone willingly invite cancer into the organism?

Why would anyone call Trae a Cancer he is quite well liked by his teammates and is a elite level passer who loves to get assists for other players.
carlquincy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,149

Post#16 » by carlquincy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:23 am

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Typo.

You must have meant orgasm.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#17 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:37 am

Threezus wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Why would anyone call Trae a Cancer he is quite well liked by his teammates and is a elite level passer who loves to get assists for other players.

-He’s small weak undersized
-He’s not athletic
-He’s not a smart basketball player
-He’s not a good shooter
-He’s got that ugly fishing for fouls James Harden game
-He’s thinks he’s better than he is
-He’s a horrible defender

-He does drop dimes.

The Spurs could draft a better younger PG on a rookie deal. If we’re taking Trae Young then the bar isn’t very high.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,683

Post#18 » by Rainwater » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:40 am

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Threezus wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:

-He’s not athletic
-He’s not a good shooter

-He does drop dimes.

The Spurs could draft a better younger PG on a rookie deal. If we’re taking Trae Young then the bar isn’t very high.

Not going to lie I agree with all of this, these are all of Trae's issue. But SA (and Wemby) is the only team that can hide Trae's issues.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#19 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 am

Rainwater wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Threezus wrote:

-He’s not athletic
-He’s not a good shooter

-He does drop dimes.

Not going to lie I agree with all of this, these are all of Trae's issue. But SA (and Wemby) is the only team that can hide Trae's issues.

Wembys 20yrs old you have time to get a great PG next to him - if I were the Spurs I wouldn’t want him anywhere near losers and underachieving cancerous players.

In theory hypothetically maybe the Spurs could be good for Trae. I just don’t think Traes good for the Spurs or Wemby.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,182

Post#20 » by Bologna Smasher » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:00 am

Some ideas...

Nets - Picks, Cam Thomas & Ben Simmons' contract
Lakers - Some combination of De'Angelo Russell, Reaves & Hachimura
Heat - Tyler Herro
Pelicans - Combination of McCollum, Ingram & picks
Magic - Picks & contract filler. Perhaps Suggs. Don't know what they'd offer, but I think they'd be in the mix
Spurs - Keldon Johnson, Sochan, picks
Wizards - Everything except Avdija

I would say the Nets, Heat and Spurs would be the biggest ones.

Return to The General Board