2024 Play-In Tournament (East): #8 Miami Heat vs #9 Chicago Bulls

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins and becomes the 8 seed?

Heat
36%
Bulls
64%

Total votes: 106

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,720

Re: 2024 Play-In Tournament (East): #8 Miami Heat vs #9 Chicago Bulls 

Post#61 » by azcatz11 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 pm

WestbrookGOATed wrote:Still picking Miami without Jimmy. The Bulls are not a good team.

I am also. People think Coby white is the new Kyrie. I need extended sample size.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,504

Post#62 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
WestbrookGOATed wrote:Still picking Miami without Jimmy. The Bulls are not a good team.

I am also. People think Coby white is the new Kyrie. I need extended sample size.

Bulls aren't a good team, but they do have good players who can catch fire. They also have young athletic guards who can shoot and attack the basket. The Vegas line says that it should be a wire-to-wire job. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the game was close for 3 quarters and then the Heat just collapse and prepare for the offseason. Their offense looked just as bad with Rozier as it did with Lowry, which leads me to believe that there is something that Spoelstra needs to fix in the offseason. I think they need to figure out if Jovic is a 25-30 minute starter next to Bam full-time or get someone who is.

The Heat lost 21 clutch time games and 19 home games. If anyone is capable of losing this game due to apathy (from the team and/or the fanbase), it's Miami. I think the Heat win by 3, but if they lose, they'll probably lose by 15.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,192

Post#63 » by cgf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He gets hurt every game and comes back to play the next when it matters. Dude is a gamer.

If he won't sign an extension with the Bulls this summer, I hope Leon tries to make an offer they can't refuse for him. A Brunson - Caruso - Anunoby - Randle - RobinHart death lineup would be too much fun...and being able to keep one of Brundle and one of AC/OG on the court at all times would make for the thibsiest team that ever did thibs.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#64 » by cgf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:00 am

azcatz11 wrote:

They're not a particular good team...even after gelling they only went 34-29, which is a 44 win pace...but they're very scrappy, they rebound the ball well, they have 3 perimeter guys that can create with the ball (DeMar, Coby, Ayo), and when AC is healthy they have one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA.

They're definitely more decent than good, but their particular brand of decent can make for a tricksy underdog if their shooting isn't absolute dogs*** in a given game...there's a reason they lost so many close games this season.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,825

Post#65 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 am

Like with most games, it's whichever team gets hot from 3 will win the game.
Why so serious?
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,913

Post#66 » by durden_tyler » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 am

For some reason, i can't still trust the Bulls even against a Butler-less Miami squad. Would really like to bet on them but...
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,533

Post#67 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He gets hurt every game and comes back to play the next when it matters. Dude is a gamer.

He is for sure but he gets hurt a lot because of it.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#68 » by durden_tyler » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:01 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He might be "injury-prone" but you should have cut Drummond already after that dumb collision. LOL
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,340

Post#69 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:19 am

durden_tyler wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:

He might be "injury-prone" but you should have cut Drummond already after that dumb collision. LOL

Don't forget he also had the Shaqtin' a Fool POTY a few weeks ago when he poked the ball out it went to Torrey Craig and Craig was going to bounce it off the backboard to dunk it himself but here comes Drummond ON TOP OF HIM thinking the dunk was for him and Craigs misses and he injures himself. :lol:
cgf
RealGM

Post#70 » by cgf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:28 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Don't forget he also had the Shaqtin' a Fool POTY a few weeks ago when he poked the ball out it went to Torrey Craig and Craig was going to bounce it off the backboard to dunk it himself but here comes Drummond ON TOP OF HIM thinking the dunk was for him and Craigs misses and he injures himself. :lol:

I was in the arena for that, it was the funniest sporting thing I've ever seen...but Craig didn't have enough lift to finish the dunk even if Drummond hadn't jumped. So I can get why he went for that one, especially because Craig is just a special kinda bad at passing the ball :lol:

durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#71 » by durden_tyler » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:12 am

Bulls +1.5 vs Heat

^ i'd like to think Butler is worth 3-5 or so points to the books, as this line would at least be Bulls +4.5 or so if he's playing, eh?

Such an interesting KO game, knowing too well that the reward is a sweep vs the Boston Celtics. So i guess, the team that still has the heart to go through that will win that game? A short series in the next round or an early vacation? These things matter, i think. LOL
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,872

Post#72 » by UcanUwill » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 am

bisme37 wrote:
phanman wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Yeah I love the graphics from Basketball Forever. It says "Basketball Forever" or "BF" on the images so I don't usually credit them separately when I post a pic, but I should probably give them a little love since I use their stuff all the time.

https://twitter.com/bballforever_

https://www.instagram.com/basketballforever/

https://basketballforever.com/latest-news

Wow, I thought BF was some sort of weird abbreviation for bisme37 :lol:

Haha. My bad! I'm not nearly that good at photoshopping.

Sometimes I just get into to "must make threads and post information" mode and forget to credit my sources 100% of the time. I vow to improve!

All is good Bisme. I also try to give credit whose content I borrow, in the past I got a little into dickish trouble over that. I was a content creator on pretty widely followed platform, and at the end, it was just fan stuff, not generating money or anything, so we good, but I used to take some photos, that weren't ours, and it would have been fine, but photos had watermark logo of the news chanel it belonged, and instead of crediting the source, not only I didn't do that, but I used to photoshop watermark out before reposting pictures :D Since platform had over 50k followers, original news chanell noticed our stuff, and we got into a little bit of trouble, we didn't really, because as I said it was just fan stuff, bug yeah, I have no idea what I was thinking lol. In my defense, I was like 22... Nowadays I am fascinated over people behind camera and stuff like that, and try to give them credit even when it is not needed, but just because they are deserving imo.

If I make a YouTube reals or highlight videos on YouTube, I know technically I do steal content since all that footage is copyrighted, so I know, just like most YouTubers, I steal that stuff, but even then, in description I write down and link who actually has rights to footage, just to look more professional I guess. So I make a video and then in description flat out admit footage is not mine, like a moron :D. all rights reserved, like I am member of them, tho I am not :D Like yeah, I did need to alter gamma and everything to just bypass FIBA copyright bot, so I could even post my Wemby video, but I still write down FIBA has rights to the footage, like a freaking deuchebag haha.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,533

Post#73 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Yeah that one was more on Craig tbh. That was clearly the funniest play of the year or maybe decade.
cgf
RealGM

Post#74 » by cgf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am

durden_tyler wrote:Bulls +1.5 vs Heat

^ i'd like to think Butler is worth 3-5 or so points to the books, as this line would at least be Bulls +4.5 or so if he's playing, eh?

Such an interesting KO game, knowing too well that the reward is a sweep vs the Boston Celtics. So i guess, the team that still has the heart to go through that will win that game? A short series in the next round or an early vacation? These things matter, i think. LOL

Don't do it man. I'm rooting for these Bulls to take a game or two off Boston...and they are scrappy AF...but losing close games is kind of their thing :lol:

IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,788

Post#75 » by IceColdCubano » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 pm

Heat fan here rooting for the Bulls, hoping they end our season quickly and put us out to paster. Not looking forward for a Jimmy less run, our offense is already bad enough having to watch this team's anemic offense try and keep up with Boston will be cruel and unusual punishment for us fans. We also get the duality even in a bad draft, we drop from 15th pick down to the 11th which means a small incremental odd of picking something worthwhile.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,720

Post#76 » by azcatz11 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

Man - I feel like you've been losing every game lately. Maybe it's worth fading this
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,910

Post#77 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 pm

cgf wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he won't sign an extension with the Bulls this summer, I hope Leon tries to make an offer they can't refuse for him. A Brunson - Caruso - Anunoby - Randle - RobinHart death lineup would be too much fun...and being able to keep one of Brundle and one of AC/OG on the court at all times would make for the thibsiest team that ever did thibs.

Its not possible, but I want him to be a Celtic.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,910

Post#78 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:47 pm

cgf wrote:

Don't do it man. I'm rooting for these Bulls to take a game or two off Boston...and they are scrappy AF...but losing close games is kind of their thing :lol:

Celtics won the season series 3-0 by an average of 18.3 points.
1 game none of Tatum, Brown or KP played
1 game had no KP
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,870

Post#79 » by NZB2323 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
cgf wrote:

Celtics won the season series 3-0 by an average of 18.3 points.
1 game none of Tatum, Brown or KP played
1 game had no KP

Yeah, last year the series was 2-2 and in 2021 the Bulls won the series 2-1, but this year has been all Boston. And with Ball, Lavine, Caruso, and PAW injured I don’t have a lot of faith in the Bulls to do much.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#80 » by durden_tyler » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:50 pm

azcatz11 wrote:

Man - I feel like you've been losing every game lately. Maybe it's worth fading this

Not as much as yours basing on your history. LOL.

Return to The General Board