Finally, this is the year for Celtics

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,759

Finally, this is the year for Celtics 

Post#1 » by TinmanZBoy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:04 pm

Not only they are the best team in regular season by a mile…. They are also relatively healthier than other teams…. This is their year
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,871

Re: Finally, this is the year for Celtics 

Post#2 » by UcanUwill » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 pm

I still trust Denver more, still think Boston will have it harder in the East than how it's being painted for them.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,430

Post#3 » by HoopsterJones » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:15 pm

This may be their best opportunity at a championship for the Celtics with this core. Next year or the year after are not guaranteed to be this healthy or playing at this high of level.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#4 » by The-Stallion70 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 pm

It really is theirs to lose this year.

When Tatum got hurt in the game 7 against against Miami last year and couldn't handle the offensive load any more and the C's found out that Jaylen Brown couldn't carry them in Tatum's absence, they went out and addressed the need for a guy who can create shots in the halfcourt and got KP while also addressing the need for interior defense.

I still can't believe they went and replaced Smart with Jrue Holiday, a guy who's almost as good as a defender and is a better overall player anyway.

"Oh we lost the heart of the team"

Yea but you replaced him with another all star so..
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 744

Post#5 » by Charlesareed » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:25 pm

If they don’t win it all this season then it’s time to trade Jaylen brown
Chicago Raised me
Special_Puppy
Rookie
And1: 736

Post#6 » by Special_Puppy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:25 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I still trust Denver more, still think Boston will have it harder in the East than how it's being painted for them.

Their path is easy compared to the Nuggets.
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,438

Post#7 » by OfficialRef » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:25 pm

They have probably the easiest path to the finals I've ever seen. Going up against fodder teams and teams riddled with injuries is pretty much a guarantee only one series in their run is the only thing they have to prepare for...
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 833

Post#8 » by NY2k1 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:34 pm

OfficialRef wrote:They have probably the easiest path to the finals I've ever seen. Going up against fodder teams and teams riddled with injuries is pretty much a guarantee only one series in their run is the only thing they have to prepare for...

The Knicks with a healthy Julius Randle would have given them a run for their money. As it stands, they still potentially might, but not having that 2nd star opposite Brunson to take the scoring load off of will likely be the main difference maker if a Knicks/Celtics ECF happens.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,297

Post#9 » by tamaraw08 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:44 pm

OfficialRef wrote:They have probably the easiest path to the finals I've ever seen. Going up against fodder teams and teams riddled with injuries is pretty much a guarantee only one series in their run is the only thing they have to prepare for...

Not probably..Absolutely Easiest path is o the finals.
Bucks and Heat have been bad even before the injuries of their best player, and what other teams post a threat? Knicks, Cavs? Pacers?
Maybe Sixers? If Embiid don’t go soft when it matters most.
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,919

Post#10 » by ReddoverKobe » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:49 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:It really is theirs to lose this year.

When Tatum got hurt in the game 7 against against Miami last year and couldn't handle the offensive load any more and the C's found out that Jaylen Brown couldn't carry them in Tatum's absence, they went out and addressed the need for a guy who can create shots in the halfcourt and got KP while also addressing the need for interior defense.

I still can't believe they went and replaced Smart with Jrue Holiday, a guy who's almost as good as a defender and is a better overall player anyway.

Jrue is a much better defender.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,845

Post#11 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 pm

the Celtics really should at a minimum make the Finals, the East is in shambles while they remain healthy
mpoo_sin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,131

Post#12 » by mpoo_sin » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:57 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:Not only they are the best team in regular season by a mile…. They are also relatively healthier than other teams…. This is their year

Best record does not equal best team!
Boston was feasting in the east while DEN DAL and OKC had to grind it out in the West.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 671

Post#13 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:02 pm

They have perhaps the easiest path to the finals of any team in NBA history. Especially so now that Jimmy is out.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,593

Post#14 » by Harry Garris » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:09 pm

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:They have perhaps the easiest path to the finals of any team in NBA history. Especially so now that Jimmy is out.

I think you're underrating how bad the eastern conference was in the early 2000s. I mean yeah the east this year is filled with a bunch of mediocre teams, but it's nothing like it was 20 years ago.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,650

Post#15 » by Fantaxp7 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:10 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:

It's so weird and great having had both players. I'll say this, Smart's peak defense was greater, but that was a couple of years ago. Jrue's defense is fantastic but what I prefer about him over Smart is that he is more consistent and on both sides of the floor. Smart would have a game or two with great highlight defensive plays then sorta back off a bit....same with his offense...more off days with his offense lol.

I think we'd have a similar record this year with Smart if he was healthy but I still prefer Jrue for the consistency.

I thought about this the other day, there hasn't been a game this year where I thought "If Smart were still on this team...". Not a knock on Smart or anything just kinda crazy how well Jrue filled his spot so well.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,913

Post#16 » by durden_tyler » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 pm

Almost always the case playing in the East.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 671

Post#17 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:19 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
LeBronSpaghetti wrote:They have perhaps the easiest path to the finals of any team in NBA history. Especially so now that Jimmy is out.

I think you're underrating how bad the eastern conference was in the early 2000s. I mean yeah the east this year is filled with a bunch of mediocre teams, but it's nothing like it was 20 years ago.

Perhaps. But with Butler, Giannis, and Randle out, that’s literally taking away the best or second best player on the three teams that could’ve potentially challenged the Celtics. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went into the finals with only one or two losses.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#18 » by The-Stallion70 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:

Jrue is not guarding Embiid in the playoffs any time soon.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,473

Post#19 » by Rendei » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:37 pm

They definitely have the best team, but the playoffs are a grind. If they can avoid injuries during their run then I'd expect them to win it. That's a big "if" though. They'll probably have to deal with the Heat in round 1.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,293

Post#20 » by Frank Dux » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:49 pm

It would be a pretty disastrous result if they don’t win it all this year. They should be able to sweep their way through the East with all those injuries.

Return to The General Board