Did Kyrie get snubbed for Team USA?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

LaLover11
Senior
And1: 461

Did Kyrie get snubbed for Team USA? 

Post#1 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 am

Do you think Kyrie should've been on Team USA

Who would you replace him for on the current team
SweaterBae
Rookie
And1: 1,694

Re: Did Kyrie get subbed for Team USA? 

Post#2 » by SweaterBae » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am

Maybe only Hali.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,346

Re: Did Kyrie get snubbed for Team USA? 

Post#3 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 am

They may still add him, they need another shooter.

But they like guards to have size or play defense. Not meant as an insult to him, that's just not him so he's not what they want.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,979

Post#4 » by Liam_Gallagher » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 am

ChipotleWest wrote:They may still add him, they need another shooter.

But they like guards to have size or play defense. Not meant as an insult to him, that's just not him so he's not what they want.

Aren't they at 12?

G - Curry | Hali | Jrue
G - Booker | Edwards
F - Durant | Leonard
F - James | Tatum
C - Embiid | Davis | Bam

They shouldn't replaced Jrue with Irving, Lillard, Morant, Fox, or Jaylen Brown.
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,832

Post#5 » by JJ_PR » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 am

I would've gone with Fox over Hali, elite athleticism, size & a respectable shooter in his own right.
advent11
Sophomore
And1: 292

Post#6 » by advent11 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 am

Yes. He is a martyr.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#7 » by NZB2323 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:10 am

Maybe they didn’t want a guy who promoted an anti-Semitic video to be an ambassador for America?
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,971

Post#8 » by mastermixer » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am

From a pure basketball standpoint I’d take him over booker, Hali, Drew or even curry (not that it would come to that).

Kyrie’s offensive game would be perfect for international play if he’s dialed in and focused on winning.

I could also see why he’s left off for obvious outside the court reasons
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,692

Post#9 » by xb3at band1tx » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 am

I think you can make a case him or Brunson deserve it over Haliburton.

But imo, the margins are a razor thin between those 3.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,547

Post#10 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 am

xb3at band1tx wrote:I think you can make a case him or Brunson deserve it over Haliburton.

Mind you, I'm biased, but in this situation I feel like Haliburton is the perfect PG for the roster as his vision/passing is just levels above the others, and the roster has enough scoring as is.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 776

Post#11 » by kacey ring » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 am

He’ll use the snub as motivation to co-lead the Mavs to the Finals.
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,692

Post#12 » by xb3at band1tx » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
xb3at band1tx wrote:I think you can make a case him or Brunson deserve it over Haliburton.

Mind you, I'm biased, but in this situation I feel like Haliburton is the perfect PG for the roster as his vision/passing is just levels above the others, and the roster has enough scoring as is.

Yeah, Ky and Jalen are solid passers but of the 3 Hali is the only real pass-first guy of the bunch.

With the amount of firepower usa already has Hali is really not a bad option to have.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#13 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 am

NZB2323 wrote:Maybe they didn’t want a guy who promoted an anti-Semitic video to be an ambassador for America?

I didn't know America was primary Jewish.

I thought black men had been through slavery and oppression and should be allowed to think whatever they want about their ancestry, even if it's wrong without being severally punished. But I guess I was wrong.

He didn't do anything that terrible. If the video had said blacks were the first Christians nothing would have happened to him. There's a double standard.

I haven't seen a black person be treated so wrong in a minute.
NZB2323
RealGM

Post#14 » by NZB2323 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:Maybe they didn’t want a guy who promoted an anti-Semitic video to be an ambassador for America?

I thought black men had been through slavery and oppression and should be allowed to think whatever they want about their ancestry, even if it's wrong without being severally punished. But I guess I was wrong.

He didn't do anything that terrible. If the video had said blacks were the first Christians nothing would have happened to him. There's a double standard.

What if a Jewish NBA player shared a film that made claims that Black people caused the Holocaust, that slavery in America was a lie, and that Jewish people are the real decedents of Africa and Black people are imposters? Would you want that player to represent America?

I don’t want Kyrie to be punished anymore and am glad that he’s doing well in Dallas, on and off the court. I even told my uncle to put some money down on the Mavs at 24-1 odds. But that doesn’t mean he’s the best person to represent America.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#15 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:51 am

NZB2323 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

What if a Jewish NBA player shared a film that made claims that Black people caused the Holocaust, that slavery in America was a lie, and that Jewish people are the real decedents of Africa and Black people are imposters? Would you want that player to represent America?

I don’t want Kyrie to be punished anymore and am glad that he’s doing well in Dallas, on and off the court. I even told my uncle to put some money down on the Mavs at 24-1 odds. But that doesn’t mean he’s the best person to represent America.

I'm not responding to your Holocaust or slavery points because they weren't in the video at all and have no purpose being brought up.

Let me ask you if he had said black people were the first Christians would you have been equally offended? As long as it's fair across the board that's fine.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,293

Post#16 » by Frank Dux » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 am

ChipotleWest wrote:

You have to be joking, right?
NZB2323
RealGM

Post#17 » by NZB2323 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

I'm not responding to your Holocaust or slavery points because they weren't in the video at all and have no purpose being brought up.

Let me ask you if he had said black people were the first Christians would you have been equally offended? As long as it's fair across the board that's fine.

The video said the Holocaust was a lie and that the Jews orchestrated the slave trade.

It also says that white American Jews are imposters. How does the filmmaker know this? It came to him in a vision from God.
Jeremy Lin 7
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,305

Post#18 » by Jeremy Lin 7 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 am

NZB2323 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

The video said the Holocaust was a lie and that the Jews orchestrated the slave trade.

Kyrie spreading misinformation like this is exactly why he's not on team USA
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,276

Post#19 » by CodeBreaker » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 am

Jrue's ability to defend is more necessary than Hali's playmaking so, yea Kyrie over Hali.

They probably didn't want a bipolar personality in USAB's locker room
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#20 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:04 am

NZB2323 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

It also says that white American Jews are imposters. How does the filmmaker know this? It came to him in a vision from God.

I can't speak my true feelings on this so I'll just refrain from doing so.

Return to The General Board