Team you're really rooting for (other than your favorite)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

I'm really rooting for .....

Poll ended at Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 am

Celtics
5%
Nuggets
26%
Clippers
3%
Bucks
4%
Thunder
15%
Mavericks
14%
Suns
3%
76ers
3%
Timberwolves
12%
Other (specify)
16%

Total votes: 184

RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Re: Team you're really rooting for (other than your favorite team) 

Post#21 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am

OKC and NYK.
Go Raps!!
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,511

Post#22 » by ForeverTFC » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 am

I really want to see SGA make a deep run but I also want him to become unhappy in OKC for the very minuscule chance that he comes home at some point. Similarly, would cheer for Pascal but need Pacers to fail so that ‘26 pick the owe the Raptors could be good.

So I’ll go with the Knicks to win the East only for OG and Mavs to win it all.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,517

Post#23 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 am

Wolves, I really like ANT and Conely deserves to win, a great guy and pros pro, Jrue got his, now it's Conley's turn.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,583

Post#24 » by SFour » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:12 am

Nuggets/Mavs in the West.....Knicks in the East
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,403

Post#25 » by svart » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 am

Miami
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,529

Post#26 » by drone3 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 am

Wolves. Ant legacy
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,365

Re: Team you're really rooting for (other than your favorite) 

Post#27 » by Gusto1903 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 am

Nuggets, because i love Jokic's play, and i wish for him to build a solid legacy, because he deserves it.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,409

Post#28 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:57 am

im not rooting for anybody outside of my team.. i would really hate if miami wins it. im not too worried about that tho.

i have a softspot for Orlando because Franz and Mo but i just wanna see them do well
im bout dat action boss
SweaterBae
Rookie
And1: 1,694

Post#29 » by SweaterBae » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 am

Chicago?
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,018

Post#30 » by jkvonny » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:33 am

This years playoffs? To win it all?

I guess if in the west. Would be cool if TWolves, OKC, Nugz or Clips wins. Kings too.
Suns? Maybe, but they annoy me lol.

In the East? Maybe Pacers, Knicks, Boston, Magic.
Sixers? Meh....maybe.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 2,956

Post#31 » by BelgradeNugget » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 am

Teams I like in the West

OKC
Minnesota
Dallas

East

Knicks
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,590

Post#32 » by KGtabake » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 am

The Bucks.
Always rooting for Giannis and i really want Lillard to get a ring.
I am a fan of Brook Lopez too and i also loved the way they resurrected Portis career.
I don't like Doc though. It would have been even easier for me to cheer for them with another coach.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,878

Post#33 » by UcanUwill » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 am

I do not have favorite team anymore, I usually cheer for an underdogs most of the time. If Bulls make it, I like them, whichever Lihuanian comes out to play Thunder, I will probably root for them. Also like Indy and Magic. Magic would probably be my favorite team, but I am not a fan of JI. He is awesome player and I often find myself as his advocate over here, but I do not like him as a person, his beliefs, and that's just how it is. Love Magic and love JI's game, but that stain in my fandom exist.

Unlike most. Do not really care for the Mavs and Luka. If both teams in that series could lose, I would prefer that.
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,841

Post#34 » by hauntedcomputer » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm

My first loyalty is to Schadenfreude.

In that vein, Bucks getting rocked (even though I like Giannis) would be a feast. I generally root against Lakers because of their built-in institutional advantages. Always root against the Establishment. Nuggets would be okay except we'd have to go through another insufferable summer of "Joker is the Everyman!" crap.

After that I primarily root for players, not teams. I hate storylines. I would welcome some fresh blood, this Curry/Lebron/KD era is tiresome. Give me some SGA and Luka, I'd even accept Tatum even though I hate his face for some reason. I enjoy watching young teams like OKC and Magic grow.

Rooting for laundry seems weird anyway. I just enjoy watching alien mutants doing ungodly acrobatic things amidst the unwieldy chaos of the universe (injuries, refs, random chance of physics.)
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.

sixers4real wrote:Okay, GB, I hate you, but I’m bored.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,383

Post#35 » by shi-woo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 pm

Every team other than the Celtics can burn in hell, just wanted to make that point clear first...

Denver--Love everyone on that team. I adore Jokic and his game. I used to hate Murray but then when I saw how much fire he played with in the postseason I flipped my script on him (an Book for that matter). AG always been a fav of mine, lowkey hoped he fell to us instead of Smart. Reggie as a Boston guy. Malone as a fantastic just really down to earth coach who got shafted at many stops before finding a home in Denver. I would like this team to succeed.

Knicks.--I just like this team, and like that they are a non-arrogant team, with non-arrogant players, with a non-arrogant coach playing in the most arrogant city in the world with the most arrogant fans in the world :lol: :lol: It's created a nice balance, as fans usually take on the mentality of their team, and Knick fans have melo'd the F out since Thibs came on board. I like it, and if it's not the Celtics, I wouldn't mind seeing the Knicks get it and actually put some truth to the Mecca of basketball and Historic franchise labels. NY also my city after BOS so you know. Gotta how love for my East Coast brothers.

Wolves-- Ant is my guy. It's rare that my favorite player is a none Celtic. After Pierce left Harden took on that role, but I had to give that up for obvious reasons. Ant is dragging me back in though. Love his passion, and his game. I want him to get one sooo badly, and think Minny deserves one. Their fans are chill, and I would like to see the team get rewarded for actually saying F it and going all in this year.

Other than those 4 teams, I would low key be disappointed if any other team won. Luka I wouldn't mind, but Kyrie, that's another story
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,641

Post#36 » by nomansland » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm

I'm not rooting for anyone besides the Nuggets.

But I wouldn't be upset if the Pacers or Heat won it. If anyone else is in the finals, I probably won't watch.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,202

Post#37 » by cgf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 pm

Not counting the knicks, I'm only really invested in:

Chicago - Iive here
Indiana - I'm down by Purdue most weeks, so deal with a lot of pacers fans
Denver - I'm an Avs fan in the NHL

Though I'll be happy for Bis and some of the other Celtics fans on here I've had good interactions with if they pull it off, I would be lying if I said that I'm really rooting for them :lol: Similar thing with Miami, if they somehow made a run and jimmy got back to finally win a ring, I'd be happy for him and Heat fans on here are a solid bunch...but I would not be rooting for them lol.

Cavs can burn though, haven't lived there in over a decade but I still have strong feelings about the city of Cleveland lol...and some of their fans on here have just stayed spectacularly petty after our series last year. So I'm cool with Orlando taking what the Cavs did personally and just pushing them around like we did.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
BlueNGold
Sophomore
And1: 237

Post#38 » by BlueNGold » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 pm

Lakers are my #1 choice, of course.

I hate seeing Mark Cuban succeed at anything, but I am a Luka fan, so the Mavs.

Really, as long as it isn't the Celtics or Clippers, I'll be happy.
66WinCavs
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#39 » by 66WinCavs » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:36 pm

I having been holding out hope for a Nuggets - Bucks series for years.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,929

Post#40 » by Exp0sed » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 pm

I'm a Euro without a favorite team

I'd be very happy if OKC or the Mavs can go all the way. Wouldn't mind seeing the Nuggets repeat either, Jokic deserves and i like how he carries himself on the court and off. Would be very glad to see Minny finally bringing one home after all these years of failure and turmoil

The truth is OKC as exciting and refreshing as they are, theyre young and will have plenty more opportunities

Wolves might struggle with payroll, injuries or egos so it'd be very sweet if they could get it done

I'd really hate seeing the KD,Booker,Beal, Allen win it all. Yuck.

Sent from my SM-A115F using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board