Skip Bayless says Kawhi out game 1

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,307

Skip Bayless says Kawhi out game 1 

Post#1 » by mademan » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 pm

Read on Twitter
advent11
Sophomore
And1: 292

Re: Skip Bayless says Kawhi out game 1 

Post#2 » by advent11 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:52 pm

Skip has been pretty credible when it comes to Kawhi info...
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,317

Post#3 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:00 pm

For a series that's so likely to go 7 games, this is a huge development.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 673

Post#4 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:36 pm

Huge if true, but the game is still two days away so I find it odd that he says with certainty that he definitely WONT play game one but definitely WILL play game two. How does that work? Lol
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,818

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm

Injuries will always be a factor in any series that involves Kawhi.
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,438

Post#6 » by OfficialRef » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 pm

Didn't he commit to playing for the olympics this summer a few days ago? Lmao
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,423

Post#7 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 pm

clippers really holding off announcing the news that he’s done for the season for as long as they possibly can huh..
BaF
Washington Wizards
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,857

Post#8 » by SK21209 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 pm

If there's still doubt about his ability to even play in Game 1, I don't see any way he's able to play the rest of the series at his usual Top 5-10 level. Huge bummer if this is the case, this was the first round series I was most excited to watch.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,709

Post#9 » by Swish1906 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 pm

Crap….this means he is playing
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,032

Post#10 » by GameChannel » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 pm

I don't know why the Clippers couldn't wait until the off season to extend Nephew. This guy cannot be relied upon to stay healthy for a sustained period of time. He is cooked yet they jumped the gun to re-sign him to an extension. I bet the next news will be that he is done for the playoffs. Sure, he had a good, relatively healthy regular season but unless he's available for the playoffs, he is not worth the money they're paying him.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,246

Post#11 » by Impuniti » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Swish1906 wrote:Crap….this means he is playing

Skip is usually reliable when it comes to Kawhi news, he definitely has a source.
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 826

Post#12 » by PeteyPablo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 pm

Clipper won 4 games in a row with out Kahwhi to close out the season. They beat the Nuggets, Jazz, Cavaliers and Suns.

April 4th
Clippers 102 Nuggets 100

April 5th
Clippers 131 Jazz 102

April 7th
Clippers 120 Cavs 118

April 9th
Clippers 105 Suns 92

They can win games with out him , they have other guys that can step up like Norman Powell and Amir Coffey. Also Terrance Mann.
Paul George can get his 30 points, Harden and Westbrook and put up 15-20 each.
One Last Shot
Sixth Man
And1: 2,854

Post#13 » by One Last Shot » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:32 pm

I said this last week in the early pages of Clippers/Mavs series and it seems like a certainty at this point, not just a slight chance.

One Last Shot wrote:There's a slight chance that Kawhi is done for the season like in 2021 Playoffs when the Clippers are intentionally hiding that he tear his ACL vs. Jazz as some kind of "mind games" against the Suns in WCF and only release his actual injury once they're eliminated from the playoffs. I really hope that they are just saving Kawhi for the playoffs so we can have a great part 3 of this rivalry as without him this series is done before it even started. Here is Kawhi's injury update 12 hours ago and it doesn't look promising.

As Frank noted, Clippers star battling knee inflammation, will 'hopefully' be ready for playoffs. He has dealt with a number of serious knee problems in recent years, including a torn ACL in the 2021 playoffs that kept him out of the entire 2021-22 season and a torn meniscus that cut short his 2023 playoffs. Both of those surgeries were on his right knee, which is the same one that is bothering him now.

Kawhi really mess up the Clippers franchise. He signed more contract extension(twice in 2021 and 2024) than the number of times he's healthy during the playoffs(once in 2020) on top of losing a Top-5 player in SGA.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,266

Post#14 » by dygaction » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

Worst results would be Kawhi tough it out and injure him deeper. The intensity and lenght of playoffs are just too much for his recovering body. He broke down after fighting with Mavs to a game 7 in 2021. Hard decision for the coach and clippers as he is too important to not rely on but has been paid max for next several years.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#15 » by ROballer » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 pm

One Last Shot wrote:I said this last week in the early pages of Clippers/Mavs series and it seems like a certainty at this point, not just a slight chance.

One Last Shot wrote:There's a slight chance that Kawhi is done for the season like in 2021 Playoffs when the Clippers are intentionally hiding that he tear his ACL vs. Jazz as some kind of "mind games" against the Suns in WCF and only release his actual injury once they're eliminated from the playoffs. I really hope that they are just saving Kawhi for the playoffs so we can have a great part 3 of this rivalry as without him this series is done before it even started. Here is Kawhi's injury update 12 hours ago and it doesn't look promising.

As Frank noted, Clippers star battling knee inflammation, will 'hopefully' be ready for playoffs. He has dealt with a number of serious knee problems in recent years, including a torn ACL in the 2021 playoffs that kept him out of the entire 2021-22 season and a torn meniscus that cut short his 2023 playoffs. Both of those surgeries were on his right knee, which is the same one that is bothering him now.

Kawhi really mess up the Clippers franchise. He signed more contract extension(twice in 2021 and 2024) than the number of times he's healthy during the playoffs(once in 2020) on top of losing a Top-5 player in SGA.

That's bull crap.

You do realize he's been practicing this week, do you? And the fact that he's been named to the USA team for the Olympics, which are less than 3 months away when you factor in the training camp for that.

There's video with Grant Hill visiting everyone of the guys on that team, no way he would've agreed to that and commiting to the team USA if he has a major injury that would force him out for an extended time period.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
One Last Shot
Sixth Man
And1: 2,854

Post#16 » by One Last Shot » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 pm

ROballer wrote:
One Last Shot wrote:I said this last week in the early pages of Clippers/Mavs series and it seems like a certainty at this point, not just a slight chance.

That's bull crap.

You do realize he's been practicing this week, do you? And the fact that he's been named to the USA team for the Olympics, which are less than 3 months away when you factor in the training camp for that.

He's practicing with no contact, he do the film study and stuff and maybe some shooting like Frank said. Olympics are few months away and Game 1 against Mavs will be in few days. This is Kawhi who just sign a fresh contract extension until 2027. You do the math. Remember when the Clippers said Kawhi got a "sprained knee" against the Suns in 2021 WCF and just diclosed he tear his ACL against the Jazz in Semifinals? Now that's bull crap, they should know that he got a Torn ACL after MRI against Jazz yet they insist he got a sprained knee. Now that's bull crap. I don't think he tear his ACL again but it seems like his injury is much worse than what's being reported.

Clippers’ Kawhi Leonard ruled out for Game 4 of WCF vs. Suns
Jun 25, 2021, 4:53 PM

BY JAKE ANDERSON
Arizona Sports

The Los Angeles Clippers will once again be without Kawhi Leonard in their next matchup against the Phoenix Suns in Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals.

Clippers head coach Tyronn Lue said during his media availability on Friday that Leonard is out for Saturday’s contest at the Staples Center due to his sprained right knee.

Leonard hasn’t been able to play at all in the first three games of the Western Conference Finals and has missed his team’s last five contests.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,709

Post#17 » by Swish1906 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:21 pm

Kawhi always had the Clippers by the balls, they had no other choice.

No Kawhi means 1st round losses twice against the Mavs. No Kawhi,No PG. Ballmer also wants to open the new arena with a sleeper contender and not a crappy team.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,171

Post#18 » by Edrees » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm

if only the mavs dodged the clippers so they could play the thunder or nuggets like that one thread suggested :lol: :noway:
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,317

Post#19 » by canada_dry » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:30 pm

His ability to guard luka is key, ive pinpointed this in my predictions.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,171

Post#20 » by Edrees » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 pm

PeteyPablo wrote:Clipper won 4 games in a row with out Kahwhi to close out the season. They beat the Nuggets, Jazz, Cavaliers and Suns.

April 4th
Clippers 102 Nuggets 100

April 5th
Clippers 131 Jazz 102

April 7th
Clippers 120 Cavs 118

April 9th
Clippers 105 Suns 92

They can win regular season games with out him , they have other guys that can step up like Norman Powell and Amir Coffey. Also Terrance Mann.
Paul George can get his 30 points, Harden and Westbrook and put up 15-20 each.

I've corrected your post.

The lakers beat the bucks and celtics without Lebron and AD. Would you also suggest the lakers could win the 1st roudn series against denver if both are injured?

Return to The General Board