2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,797

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1461 » by The Corey's » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:16 pm

iamoti wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:From the way you talk, it seems Jimmy and Miami has been something of a problem for you, huh? Poor guy! You won't even get the satisfaction of beating Jimmy. How does it feel to have a losing record against Himmy in the playoffs?

Yes because I'm the one bringing up Jimmy every post. It's me!

How does it feel to be stuck in neutral with mid talent and zero championship aspirations for the next decade?

I remember those days. Not any more though, we did it the right way, no conspiring soft baby millionaires forcing their way here for a empty title baby.

Bring that energy when we lifting that trophy in June baby. 8-)

We just won a game on the road in the playoffs against "the top5 all time/best team in the world" while starting a 20y, a 22yo rookie, a 24yo and a 26yo multiple allstar dpoy candidate. I think we'll be alright for the next decade. A few years ago our core was Whiteside/Waiters/JJ and look what followed.

You should thank daily the stupid Nets FO for that trade. Only reason you are not stuck in irelevance.

I also think Cancun in May is a better option , your guys should try it. They are used to it after all.

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using RealGM mobile app

Hehehe.

So what is it? 4 to 1 on the season?

You all acting like this is unprecedented. Happens all the time.

Call me when you win 3 in Boston. Ain't happening.

Hahahahah. So now we're not even giving credit where it's due when it comes to putting together a championship team. It's everyone else's stupidity!!!

Where are the Heat without Shaq and Bron forcing their way to Miami nightlife? I'll give you a hint... They're in Seattle.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,213

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1462 » by SA37 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 pm

ryan in Maine wrote:

Are you hinting --

1. JB
2. Bam
3. JT

Never heard of 'em:

1. Herro

2. Holiday
3. White
iamoti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,447

Post#1463 » by iamoti » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 pm

The Corey's wrote:
iamoti wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Yes because I'm the one bringing up Jimmy every post. It's me!

How does it feel to be stuck in neutral with mid talent and zero championship aspirations for the next decade?

I remember those days. Not any more though, we did it the right way, no conspiring soft baby millionaires forcing their way here for a empty title baby.

Bring that energy when we lifting that trophy in June baby. 8-)

We just won a game on the road in the playoffs against "the top5 all time/best team in the world" while starting a 20y, a 22yo rookie, a 24yo and a 26yo multiple allstar dpoy candidate. I think we'll be alright for the next decade. A few years ago our core was Whiteside/Waiters/JJ and look what followed.

You should thank daily the stupid Nets FO for that trade. Only reason you are not stuck in irelevance.

I also think Cancun in May is a better option , your guys should try it. They are used to it after all.

Hehehe.

So what is it? 4 to 1 on the season?

You all acting like this is unprecedented. Happens all the time.

Call me when you win 3 in Boston. Ain't happening.
Congrats on winning 3-0 in the regular season and on the "legendary" run. It matters a lot for this current series.

Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,737

Post#1464 » by Romeiro Celtic » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:11 pm

Said before and I'll say it again. If the Heat had Jimmy for the series, it'd be another massacre, just like last year. Coaching is the huge and most important factor here. Spo is that much better of a coach than Clueless Joe.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
Letsgokings
Senior
And1: 762

Post#1465 » by Letsgokings » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:21 pm

Glad I stopped posting on the cesspool that is the realm general board. Celtics are gonna win easy so stop pissing your pants so hard Celtics fans. The heat live in yall heads so badly lol. Celtics fans are just but hurt that since the heats inception they have been and are the better franchise.

Just because Paul pierce was an all time Celtics great dosent mean you have to act like him.
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 2,629

Post#1466 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:31 pm

Letsgokings wrote:Glad I stopped posting on the cesspool that is the realm general board.

Board index < RealGM Basketball < The General Board

shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,453

Post#1467 » by shi-woo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:48 pm

Why Ime, why couldn't you just keep it in your pants :(

I'm so sick of watching this team just come out flat every single year and play like they have nothing to prove.

For all the hate he gets, Smart at least brought fire and energy to the game every single time he stepped on the court.

This game also shows the importance of having veterans on the team who under stand what it means to play with urgency. We saw it with Conely last game, KCP and Dre game 1, Harden and Westbrook game 1 ect Teams need veterans on the team and on the bench to instil that urgency. Celtics have Al...thats it. No one else gets it besides him and surprisingly Hauser

White is capable at times, but he's another chill dude on a team full of chill dudes coached by a really chill dude. It really gets old sometimes. It always seems like we play down to our opponents in the PO until it's time for a legacy game.

Still think we take this series, but man I wish we had a team that continuously fought like hell. That effort last night was pathetic
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,107

Sta(i)ned 

Post#1468 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Well, Spoelstra is 3-1 vs. Celtics in playoffs all time (lone loss in 2023 NBA Playoffs). Funny that it happened after Pat Riley moved to the front office, but more importantly, ever since they made the sign-and-trade for LeBron James.

If they can't defeat Spoelstra, maybe they get Spoelstra.

Thoughts on Celtics possibly going after him should they lose in the playoffs.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,272

Re: Sta(i)ned 

Post#1469 » by BBallFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:29 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, Spoelstra is 3-1 vs. Celtics in playoffs all time (lone loss in 2023 NBA Playoffs). Funny that it happened after Pat Riley moved to the front office, but more importantly, ever since they made the sign-and-trade for LeBron James.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/jan/10/miami-heat-erik-spoelstra-agree-to-record-breaking-contract-extension

What are you giving us?
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,107

Post#1470 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 am

BBallFreak wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/jan/10/miami-heat-erik-spoelstra-agree-to-record-breaking-contract-extension

What are you giving us?

Picks, picks and picks. Draft picks are literally the only thing a team can give to trade for a coach per CBA rules.

You also get a gag order. Any team who trades for a coach is barred from making any further trades with that team for the whole season. Celtics would be forced to choose between a player where players can be traded, or a coach which limits them to draft picks and cash. On the plus side, a coaching trade protects Butler from being swiped off by Boston.

Keep in mind, I didn't say they were going to do it. I only implied it because of the Celtic's history of losing to Spoelstra, believing that trading for him may be Boston's only hope of eliminating Heat as a recurring threat. It's just like when Pacers went after Andrew Bynum for the sole purpose of preventing Heat from getting him; same logic here.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,272

Post#1471 » by BBallFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:02 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/jan/10/miami-heat-erik-spoelstra-agree-to-record-breaking-contract-extension

What are you giving us?

Picks, picks and picks. Draft picks are literally the only thing a team can give to trade for a coach per CBA rules.

You also get a gag order. Any team who trades for a coach is barred from making any further trades with that team for the whole season. Celtics would be forced to choose between a player where players can be traded, or a coach which limits them to draft picks and cash. On the plus side, a coaching trade protects Butler from being swiped off by Boston.

Keep in mind, I didn't say they were going to do it. I only implied it because of the Celtic's history of losing to Spoelstra, believing that trading for him may be Boston's only hope of eliminating Heat as a recurring threat. It's just like when Pacers went after Andrew Bynum for the sole purpose of preventing Heat from getting him; same logic here.

You have to know we recognize what we have. We won't be trading him and certainly not to Boston. Lol!
The Rainmaker
Pro Prospect
And1: 579

Post#1472 » by The Rainmaker » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:34 am

Would be shocked if the Celtics didn't win this in 5 tbh.
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 267

Post#1473 » by Hoops3355 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:53 am

The funniest thing about all of this is now every team in the league has the blue print on how to attack the Celtics after last night. Spam Tatum on switch and just cook him. Dude was running fumes in the 3rd and was all in his feelings. You basically have limitless back cuts because JB gets caught looking and KP ends up hedging leaving the Jovics of the world wide open.

That doesn't get started on the top of the key PNR. Step back 3s for days if you have anyone with some width setting the screen.
Miami / Chicago / London
Riverwalk2021
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,568

Post#1474 » by Riverwalk2021 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:09 am

Joe Mazzulla should be coaching basketball in a North Korean prison camp. The Celtics aren't winning the championship with that coach and Tatum as your #1 option so if the Celtics go on to struggle with the Heat or even lose the series, the fallout will be :lol:
Riverwalk2021
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,568

Post#1475 » by Riverwalk2021 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:12 am

Hoops3355 wrote:The funniest thing about all of this is now every team in the league has the blue print on how to attack the Celtics after last night. Spam Tatum on switch and just cook him. Dude was running fumes in the 3rd and was all in his feelings. You basically have limitless back cuts because JB gets caught looking and KP ends up hedging leaving the Jovics of the world wide open.

That doesn't get started on the top of the key PNR. Step back 3s for days if you have anyone with some width setting the screen.

As great as Spoelstra is, I think it's more about the shortcomings of Mazzulla and Tatum. Let's not forget they struggled in every series before last year's ECF, and were very fortunate to get of R2.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,352

Post#1476 » by Heat3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter

Heat/Spo lost to Boston in 2010 too.

Spo isn’t going anywhere. He is ingrained with this franchise.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,566

Post#1477 » by Slot Machine » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 am

The Corey's wrote:I just knew the Heat fan base would act like like they figured it out.

They have to play a perfect game just to barely win.

Good luck holding KP down all series. Good luck keeping the Celtics from hitting their 3s all series.

Ain't happening

Then what’s with all the chicken littles in your post-game thread on the Celtics board? :lol: You act like we can’t just head on over there and read through all you and your fanbase’s panic and crying. To be honest, Celtic post-game threads on realGM are some of my favorite reading material every year in the playoffs - Celtic playoff implosions never disappoint!

After losses, you drama queens are always talking about breaking things in frustration or how your team is made up of mental midgets :lol:
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,797

Post#1478 » by The Corey's » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:15 am

Slot Machine wrote:
The Corey's wrote:I just knew the Heat fan base would act like like they figured it out.

Good luck holding KP down all series. Good luck keeping the Celtics from hitting their 3s all series.

Ain't happening

Then what’s with all the chicken littles in your post-game thread on the Celtics board? :lol: You act like we can’t just head on over there and read through all you and your fanbase’s panic and crying. To be honest, Celtic post-game threads on realGM are some of my favorite reading material every year in the playoffs - Celtic playoff implosions never disappoint!

After losses, you drama queens are always talking about breaking things in frustration or how your team is made up of mental midgets :lol:

My post here are consistent and obvious because I said it from the start. You gotta fight the trolling with trolling.

The Heat didn't want this problem but they have it anyway. You wanna coast through the regular season and party? Well you have the almighty to deal with.

Being critical of my team means unlike the lot of the heat fans I ain't delusional about what im seeing.

Celtics in 5 baby.
syrus3
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#1479 » by syrus3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:34 pm

Can the Heat repeat their Celtic impersonation in Game 3? It wouldn’t be so far fetched if this series goes at least 7. Just depends on the Heat shooting.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,566

Post#1480 » by Slot Machine » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:

Ain't happening

My post here are consistent and obvious because I said it from the start. You gotta fight the trolling with trolling.

The Heat didn't want this problem but they have it anyway. You wanna coast through the regular season and party? Well you have the almighty to deal with.

Being critical of my team means unlike the lot of the heat fans I ain't delusional about what im seeing.

Celtics in 5 baby.

The “almighty?” :lol: You guys just lost at home to an 8 seed without its best player and another starter. You realize everyone can see through the fake bravado, right?
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.

Return to The General Board