2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,032

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1441 » by durden_tyler » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:52 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:FYI:

Vegas still does not respect the Heat: line is Miami +9.5 in Game 3 (if follows that G4 will be about the same, barring any injuries from either side).

The Heat did win straight up as 14.5 dogs last game so Spo might just say Eff You Vegas again. LOL

So if you really believe G2 was not a fluke, just continue riding your Heat spread bet and you’ll get rich.

But no, Boston still has major control of this series despite the Game 2 shellacking. Winning 3 straight to finish this series and everyone forgets about that ugly Game 2 loss at home.

Conversely, if Miami wins three straight, game 1 is forgotten. From where I sit, Miami has home court advantage with the series tied at one and, while I believe Boston will likely win three straight, it's kinda ridiculous to say either team has "major control" of the series at this point. They don't. By definition, they don't.

If your really believe that, time to bet on the Heat for what you think is good/great value. If you really believe the Celtics, the number one team this season, will lose this series, then it should be an easy bet for you.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
EmpireFalls
Sixth Man
And1: 3,197

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1442 » by EmpireFalls » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:54 pm

The Celtics will still win rather comprehensively.

Don’t believe the hype.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,269

Post#1443 » by BBallFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:57 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:FYI:

Vegas still does not respect the Heat: line is Miami +9.5 in Game 3 (if follows that G4 will be about the same, barring any injuries from either side).

The Heat did win straight up as 14.5 dogs last game so Spo might just say Eff You Vegas again. LOL

So if you really believe G2 was not a fluke, just continue riding your Heat spread bet and you’ll get rich.

But no, Boston still has major control of this series despite the Game 2 shellacking. Winning 3 straight to finish this series and everyone forgets about that ugly Game 2 loss at home.

Conversely, if Miami wins three straight, game 1 is forgotten. From where I sit, Miami has home court advantage with the series tied at one and, while I believe Boston will likely win three straight, it's kinda ridiculous to say either team has "major control" of the series at this point. They don't. By definition, they don't.

If your really believe that, time to bet on the Heat for what you think is good/great value. If you really believe the Celtics, the number one team this season, will lose this series, then it should be an easy bet for you.
I specifically said I think Boston will win but that doesn't mean they have control. They literally do not. In order to have control of a series, you have to have a lead in a series or at least have homecourt advantage. They have neither the lead nor homecourt advantage.

Right now, they have the two best players on the court and yet they still managed to lose homecourt by double digits in the same manner they lost the series last year - a barrage of threes and Caleb Martin. That doesn't scream control to me.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,212

Post#1444 » by SA37 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:09 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

I specifically said I think Boston will win but that doesn't mean they have control. They literally do not. In order to have control of a series, you have to have a lead in a series or at least have homecourt advantage. They have neither the lead nor homecourt advantage.

Right now, they have the two best players on the court and yet they still managed to lose homecourt by double digits in the same manner they lost the series last year - a barrage of threes and Caleb Martin. That doesn't scream control to me.

Not sure that is the case, but I get your point.

I agree with all of this and can only see the Heat making the Celtics sweat if they keep setting 3-point records. And if you had told me Miami would set an franchise record for 3s with Duncan Robinson going 2-7, I simply wouldn't have believed you.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#1445 » by durden_tyler » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:10 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

Sure.. you can oversimplify it that way. And we’ll just argue about the semantics at this point.

Fact of the matter is, the Celtics are still the better team and shouls handily win this series.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1446 » by BBallFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:If your really believe that, time to bet on the Heat for what you think is good/great value. If you really believe the Celtics, the number one team this season, will lose this series, then it should be an easy bet for you.

Sure.. you can oversimplify it that way. And we’ll just argue about the semantics at this point.

Fact of the matter is, the Celtics are still the better team and shouls handily win this series.
They should have last year, as well.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#1447 » by durden_tyler » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:I specifically said I think Boston will win but that doesn't mean they have control. They literally do not. In order to have control of a series, you have to have a lead in a series or at least have homecourt advantage. They have neither the lead nor homecourt advantage.

So you think Miami is winning this series?
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,791

Post#1448 » by The Corey's » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:59 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:Quite the contrary

Just make sure you're not here blaming Jimmy buckets for your loss we both know it's not true
From the way you talk, it seems Jimmy and Miami has been something of a problem for you, huh? Poor guy! You won't even get the satisfaction of beating Jimmy. How does it feel to have a losing record against Himmy in the playoffs?

Yes because I'm the one bringing up Jimmy every post. It's me!

How does it feel to be stuck in neutral with mid talent and zero championship aspirations for the next decade?

I remember those days. Not any more though, we did it the right way, no conspiring soft baby millionaires forcing their way here for a empty title baby.

Bring that energy when we lifting that trophy in June baby. 8-)
ryan in Maine
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,639

Post#1449 » by ryan in Maine » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 pm

SA37 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:If your really believe that, time to bet on the Heat for what you think is good/great value. If you really believe the Celtics, the number one team this season, will lose this series, then it should be an easy bet for you.

I agree with all of this and can only see the Heat making the Celtics sweat if they keep setting 3-point records. And if you had told me Miami would set an franchise record for 3s with Duncan Robinson going 2-7, I simply wouldn't have believed you.

Are you hinting --

1. JB
2. Bam
3. JT
Listen to Sinister by CZARFACE @YouTube
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#1450 » by Elnegron » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:12 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
batterybro42 wrote:Tons of pressure on Boston here in game 3, things can get really out of control if they lose it. You'll have Tyler Herro out there thinking he is prime Reggie Miller, and Hayward Highsmith playing like Scottie Pippen. Miami can get hot in a hurry under these circumstances, don't play with fire.

It all speaks to how well constructed this Heat team is, and how much casuals don't understand it. This was Miami without its top two scoring options, against a 64 win Celtics team. Miami has been and will continue to be a team that is built for the real basketball of the postseason, that tangibly uses the regular season to prepare themselves for when SHTF in the playoffs.

If the NBA didn't come together to prevent Dame going to Miami the entire East would be cooked right now

Can we please stop with this BS narrative about the NBA preventing Dame coming here. We had a trash offer and Pat thought he was in a position of power so he had no inclination to negotiate in good faith.

Wrong. Boston area, woj and the whole nba circle was pushing for dame to be elsewhere when blazers gm had nowhere else to go to the point that he wouldnt even pick up the phone for a counter offer. In the end he settle for garbage
Elnegron
Rookie

Post#1451 » by Elnegron » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:16 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:Celtics played bad and the heat played about as perfect of a game as they could.

That wont happen again.

Heat stole one, be thankfull, you will be dominated the rest of the way out.
This is why they play the games. Miami wasn't supposed to get even one without Jimmy. Yet, they stole homecourt advantage from the Celtics.

Another poster said Miami's roster is built differently. That poster was correct. They believe they can beat the Celtics without Jimmy and Rozier. Whether they can or not is a different story, but last night only bolstered that belief.

Sent from my F91 5G using Tapatalk

And the next 3 games will prove they couldnt

This coming from a guy that thought it was an easy sweep hahaha. Heat lost 1st game after having a bleeping 20 hrs of rest since they played on Friday got an airplane and played Sunday at 1pm. Not even in regular season you get that **** schedule
Elnegron
Rookie

Post#1452 » by Elnegron » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 pm

The Corey's wrote:I just knew the Heat fan base would act like like they figured it out.

They have to play a perfect game just to barely win.

Good luck holding KP down all series. Good luck keeping the Celtics from hitting their 3s all series.

Ain't happening

Dude they literally hit the average 3s they made in regular season and spo the best coach in the nba adjusted his defense to put bam on Tatum and jovic a taller guy on porzingis. You just trying to convince yourself after screaming easy sweep. Also heat played on Friday night and played Boston on Sunday morning. You don't even get that schedule on regular season. Spo will own this brown lizzard on the other side and panic will set in
Elnegron
Rookie

Post#1453 » by Elnegron » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:25 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:I just knew the Heat fan base would act like like they figured it out.

Good luck holding KP down all series. Good luck keeping the Celtics from hitting their 3s all series.

Ain't happening

You were one of the ones calling sweep by 20. You lost to a team missing two of their best players while having an all time stacked roster, hush.

I always find it interesting when people think adding missing pieces changes anything.

With Butler taking his 30 shots, how many of them come out of the pocket of someone who already scored?

Heat ain't ****. Got no chance and it feels so good to live in their head.

Sounds like the heat are not only in your head but on Tatum head as well
Elnegron
Rookie

Post#1454 » by Elnegron » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:27 pm

The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Just make sure you're not here blaming Jimmy buckets for your loss we both know it's not true
From the way you talk, it seems Jimmy and Miami has been something of a problem for you, huh? Poor guy! You won't even get the satisfaction of beating Jimmy. How does it feel to have a losing record against Himmy in the playoffs?

How does it feel to be stuck in neutral with mid talent and zero championship aspirations for the next decade?

I remember those days. Not any more though, we did it the right way, no conspiring soft baby millionaires forcing their way here for a empty title baby.

And 0 to show for. I guarantee the heat win another ring before celtikkk do
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1455 » by BBallFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:51 pm

The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Seriously? How many times have we been pronounced done by people just like you and we come back over and over again? Your not so veiled shots haven't made any difference to our success as a franchise. We've been one of the most successful teams this century. Count us out at your own peril.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1456 » by The Corey's » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:57 pm

Elnegron wrote:

Ain't happening

Dude they literally hit the average 3s they made in regular season and spo the best coach in the nba adjusted his defense to put bam on Tatum and jovic a taller guy on porzingis. You just trying to convince yourself after screaming easy sweep. Also heat played on Friday night and played Boston on Sunday morning. You don't even get that schedule on regular season. Spo will own this brown lizzard on the other side and panic will set in

??????????

Easy sweep. Heat are nothing to us.

Elnegron wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:From the way you talk, it seems Jimmy and Miami has been something of a problem for you, huh? Poor guy! You won't even get the satisfaction of beating Jimmy. How does it feel to have a losing record against Himmy in the playoffs?

And 0 to show for. I guarantee the heat win another ring before celtikkk do

LOL.

Heat are cooked. They aren't even in the same universe as the almighty.

Elnegron wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:Image

You were one of the ones calling sweep by 20. You lost to a team missing two of their best players while having an all time stacked roster, hush.

I always find it interesting when people think adding missing pieces changes anything.

With Butler taking his 30 shots, how many of them come out of the pocket of someone who already scored?

Heat ain't ****. Got no chance and it feels so good to live in their head.

Sounds like the heat are not only in your head but on Tatum head as well

Couldn't stop Tatum to safe your life last night baby.

This is gonna be gold. I've waited all year to see y'all cry and you didn't disappoint.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#1457 » by DBurks2818 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:59 pm

ryan in Maine wrote:
SA37 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:I specifically said I think Boston will win but that doesn't mean they have control. They literally do not. In order to have control of a series, you have to have a lead in a series or at least have homecourt advantage. They have neither the lead nor homecourt advantage.

Are you hinting --

1. JB
2. Bam
3. JT

It's definitely

1. JT
2. Bam
3. JB

I argued this point earlier in the thread: if Boston were to trade cash considerations for Bam straight up, Bam starts over JB.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1458 » by The Corey's » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:00 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:From the way you talk, it seems Jimmy and Miami has been something of a problem for you, huh? Poor guy! You won't even get the satisfaction of beating Jimmy. How does it feel to have a losing record against Himmy in the playoffs?

Seriously? How many times have we been pronounced done by people just like you and we come back over and over again? Your not so veiled shots haven't made any difference to our success as a franchise. We've been one of the most successful teams this century. Count us out at your own peril.

You haven't won **** in a decade. You're a loser like every other franchise.

It ain't hard to get to the finals and lose. Been there and done that.

I don't think the Heat could beat this Celtics team in a 7 game serious even if you took away both the Jays. Y'all wildy overating your skill.

Thank the heavens Bron didn't get Spo fired. He's the only reason the heat produce anything remotely close to a professional product.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1459 » by BBallFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:00 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Sure.. you can oversimplify it that way. And we’ll just argue about the semantics at this point.

So you think Miami is winning this series?
Who said that? Stop putting words in my mouth or attempting to change my argument. I believe Boston will win.

That doesn't mean that 1) they will or 2) they have control of the series.

A 1-1 tied series where the higher seed has lost homecourt advantage isn't in either team's control yet. You can't credibly make the argument that it is. If Boston takes back homecourt, I would agree that they're in control, but a tie series where the Celtics have lost homecourt? No.

The Knicks have control of their series. Minnesota has control of their series. A tie series though?
iamoti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,447

Post#1460 » by iamoti » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:01 pm

The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

We just won a game on the road in the playoffs against "the top5 all time/best team in the world" while starting a 20y, a 22yo rookie, a 24yo and a 26yo multiple allstar dpoy candidate. I think we'll be alright for the next decade. A few years ago our core was Whiteside/Waiters/JJ and look what followed.

You should thank daily the stupid Nets FO for that trade. Only reason you are not stuck in irelevance.

I also think Cancun in May is a better option , your guys should try it. They are used to it after all.

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board