2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1681 » by Enso » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:03 pm

Tatums great but until he wins a ring he’s gonna be under the microscope, it is what it is C’s fans.

If joker didn’t win last year he’d have to deal with the same thing even though he won multiple mvps.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,320

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1682 » by AussieCeltic » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Boston will probably win this series, but Tatum isn't leading them to a chip.

Seek help bro.

Fact is, the further you go in the playoffs, the lower your field goal percentage goes. Each round gets harder.

Embiids first round matchups of starting bigs include Davis Bertans, Alex Len, Khem Birch, Nic Claxton.

Embiid averages 42% in the second round as a big man. If he ever got out of the 2nd round (LOL), I bet his percentage decrease even further.

If you had an ounce of intelligence, you would say that Tatum is a good player. Saying he’s bad makes Embiid look even worse. Why can’t Embiid beat the Celtics if they’re lead by a bad player like Tatum? Shouldn’t the MVP be able to lead his team further than the second round?

Tatum completely torched and exposed Embiid dropping an NBA record 51 points in game 7 by simply putting Embiid in the pick and roll.

Just remember, Embiid is 0-3 vs the Tatum lead Celtics in the playoffs. If there is one guy who shouldn’t be talking, it’s you.
I know it's hard to understand but the 2nd round usually is also coincides when he's hurt. Hence the lower fg%.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

How’d he go today?

Nice 7/19 and getting exposed by Brunson in the pick and roll. Sounds familiar.

Who are we blaming this season? First it was Simmons, then Doc, then Harden… must be Maxeys turn.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,179

Post#1683 » by Sweet Serenity » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:02 pm

Eyatoma’s team is about to get sent home early yet again so all he can do is jump on another series thread & vent out his frustrations :lol:
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,320

Post#1684 » by AussieCeltic » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:00 am

eyeatoma wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Boston will probably win this series, but Tatum isn't leading them to a chip.

Seek help bro.

Fact is, the further you go in the playoffs, the lower your field goal percentage goes. Each round gets harder.

Embiids first round matchups of starting bigs include Davis Bertans, Alex Len, Khem Birch, Nic Claxton.

Embiid averages 42% in the second round as a big man. If he ever got out of the 2nd round (LOL), I bet his percentage decrease even further.

If you had an ounce of intelligence, you would say that Tatum is a good player. Saying he’s bad makes Embiid look even worse. Why can’t Embiid beat the Celtics if they’re lead by a bad player like Tatum? Shouldn’t the MVP be able to lead his team further than the second round?

Tatum completely torched and exposed Embiid dropping an NBA record 51 points in game 7 by simply putting Embiid in the pick and roll.

Just remember, Embiid is 0-3 vs the Tatum lead Celtics in the playoffs. If there is one guy who shouldn’t be talking, it’s you.
I know it's hard to understand but the 2nd round usually is also coincides when he's hurt. Hence the lower fg%.

Read on Twitter
?s=46
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,529

Post#1685 » by CoP » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:44 am

Ya know, if I put a troll on ignore but y'all keep quoting him for God knows what reason, then I still have to see his dumb troll posts. Just ignore him and move along.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,992

Post#1686 » by KingDavid » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am

That's enough derailing. It's game day.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,111

Post#1687 » by RB34 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 pm

Enso wrote:Tatums great but until he wins a ring he’s gonna be under the microscope, it is what it is C’s fans.

If joker didn’t win last year he’d have to deal with the same thing even though he won multiple mvps.

It’s interesting that Tatum is under the microscope. If you accept a lot of the discourse surrounding him, he’s garbage. I’ve heard he’s not a top 10 player, so why is he under so much pressure? There is a certain MVP winner that has never made it past the second round and he’s under no pressure.

Tatum hasn’t been an MVP and is largely seen as irrelevant when it comes to the award. He’s 26.
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,157

Post#1688 » by UNCBlue012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:12 pm

Enso wrote:Tatums great but until he wins a ring he’s gonna be under the microscope, it is what it is C’s fans.

Absolutely accurate.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,954

Post#1689 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
Seek help bro.

How’d he go today?

Who are we blaming this season? First it was Simmons, then Doc, then Harden… must be Maxeys turn.

Harris and Middleton wasnt playig
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,499

Post#1690 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:I know it's hard to understand but the 2nd round usually is also coincides when he's hurt. Hence the lower fg%.

How’d he go today?

Harris played (I don't blame you for thinking he wasn't. Dude has been absolutely horrific this series. You mean Melton?
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,901

Post#1691 » by The Corey's » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:35 pm

The Celtics envy grows by the day.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#1692 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:36 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
How’d he go today?

Harris played (I don't blame you for thinking he wasn't. Dude has been absolutely horrific this series. You mean Melton?

Naw, an inside celtics joke about khris middleton.

Harris will take the blame this year, added to harden, doc and simmons being the issue.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#1693 » by durden_tyler » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:13 pm

After that G3 shellacking, line is still big (Boston -10.5) in game four. i am expecting another blowout though the Celtics are known to lose focus and play down to the level of competition (obviously they did not last game).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,973

Post#1694 » by IceColdCubano » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm

Hoping for Celtics to put Miami out to pasture, this season has been a disastee for Miami Heat, injuries and lineup changes galore, one of the worst all time regular seasons. The fans have had to endure in product quality in the regular season is abysmal. This build has reached its end, and I cannot wait for the off season just to look forward to something new and shinny to make this next season feel something to look forward to. At a minimum our young bucks in Jaquez and Jovic have been a great revelation, hopefully we build on those foundations pieces if a trade isn't made.

Really need Boston to tear us a big giant one, in the next two games, too many times our front office plays the same flute of if we were healthy how would we look, never got to see a full healthy team, and thats just who they are, always broken heading into the playoffs why count on anything different. Need to make them feel like regardless of health this team stood no chance, so don't you go letting us get another one for crying out loud it's only going to keep giving the FO more false hope about this core group.

So please Boston just rip off the bandage quickly and kick us off the cruise boat into Cancun beach side to start the vacation.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#1695 » by dolphinatik » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm

Let's see if miami can make any shots tonight
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,394

Post#1696 » by itrsteve » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:Harris and Middleton wasnt playig

It's a joke that wins don't count unless Middleton was playing. Even if it's for a team he doesn't play for.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,946

Post#1697 » by KamikazeK » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:48 pm

I'm ready for 3-1.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,529

Post#1698 » by CoP » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm

True. But, he really shouldn't be under the microscope more than players who have already won MVPs but have yet to win championships, such as Embiid and Harden. Especially Embiid, considering that almost everyone ranks him above Tatum. And he probably shouldn't be any more under the microscope than other players that are considered better than him but have yet to win a championship, such as Doncic and SGA.

In any event, I really couldn't give a whit if Tatum wins MVP or what criticism he gets. All I care is if the Celtics win a championship, whether he plays really well or not.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#1699 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 pm

CoP wrote:

True. But, he really shouldn't be under the microscope more than players who have already won MVPs but have yet to win championships, such as Embiid and Harden. Especially Embiid, considering that almost everyone ranks him above Tatum. And he probably shouldn't be any more under the microscope than other players that are considered better than him but have yet to win a championship, such as Doncic and SGA.

In any event, I really couldn't give a whit if Tatum wins MVP or what criticism he gets. All I care is if the Celtics win a championship, whether he plays really well or not.

'Microscope unless ring' is a bit strong for a 26-year old.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#1700 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
CoP wrote:

'Microscope unless ring' is a bit strong for a 26-year old.

Especially when guys like sga luka, embiid, booker, brunson all get judged on differently

Return to The General Board