No free pass for Lebron

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,928

Re: No free pass for Lebron 

Post#461 » by lakerz12 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:LeBron’s averaging 27/8/6 on 64% TS. He’s been one of the best players in the playoffs. If you were actually interested in good faith evaluation, I.e., holding him “to the same standard as other top players,” the only thing you could say is that he’s been great in the playoffs.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=LoczziaTWuqlhvyvHGT92A

But you want to hold a guy in his 21st season to prime MJ standards while simultaneously arguing he’s nowhere near Jordan as a player. It’s completely asinine.

You're totally moving the goal posts man.

Not once did I say he should be held to prime MJ standards. Can you not put words in my mouth?

I only said he should not be exempt from criticism and he should be judged like all other top players.

I was only responding to people who every time someone points out something LeBron does wrong, they said "he's 39". And then they credit him for everything he does well.

So please try to stick to things I actually said if you're going to quote me. And if you're arguing for fairness, you should be attacking those people, not me.

I believe LeBron has been great. I just also believe that when he does something bad, he is not beyond critique just because of his age.

LeBron so far:
27.3ppg on 64.3% TS
8.3apg, 6.3rpg, 2spg, 1.3bpg

His defense has been 2nd to Davis on Lakers too. You can't ask much more than that. Denver just have an amazing offensive group.

Like I said, he has been great.

I was responding to posters who imply he's exempt from criticism due to his age. For example, when he pouts or turns the ball over. We should be able to critique these things like we do with any player.

If someone asked me specifically about his performance, that's a different question. Again, he's been great.

That wasn't the context I was responding to.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,781

Post#462 » by homecourtloss » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 am

LeBron, at age 39 and having played the most minutes in NBA history, has been a top 5 player in these playoffs.

nO fReE pAsS
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,781

Post#463 » by homecourtloss » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:33 am

EmpireFalls wrote:Nothing gets the board’s collective Gen X dick hard like some good old fashioned LeBron bashing. The great American pastime of the 35+ year old male.

Many if not lo at aren’t even GenX—they’re millennials who never even really saw Jordan play :lol: There’s a poster here who was Al king about Jordan this and Jordan that and didn’t even know the three point line had been moved in the mid ‘90s.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,609

Post#464 » by MavsDirk41 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:07 am

homecourtloss wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:Nothing gets the board’s collective Gen X dick hard like some good old fashioned LeBron bashing. The great American pastime of the 35+ year old male.

Many if not lo at aren’t even GenX—they’re millennials who never even really saw Jordan play :lol: There’s a poster here who was Al king about Jordan this and Jordan that and didn’t even know the three point line had been moved in the mid ‘90s.

And there is a Lebron James fan on here who said that Scottie Pippen averaged 22 points per game in his career without Jordan. Quick internet search will tell you thats not correct. You think he is old enough to have watched Jordans Bulls in the 80/90s? I doubt many of them are.
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 583

Post#465 » by Gregoire » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:49 pm

Oh, man, LeGoat one more time was soooo close to beat Joket, but.... It's all his team, he always had worse team... :banghead:
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd

Return to The General Board