76ers epic chokejob vs. Knicks in Game 2

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,352

Re: 76ers epic chokejob vs. Knicks in Game 2 

Post#141 » by og15 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:33 pm

XTC wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Quattro wrote:
If the sixers had any brains, they put him on a Kawhi Leonard circa 2019 load management plan next year. Fines be damned, MVP be damned. You've got to find a way to get this guy into the playoffs fresh and healthy.

Agreed but if they do that, they risk not making the playoffs.

Depth is key, plus giving Maxey a bigger load so he can carry the team. The team should be able to play .500 basketball without Embiid.

Looking back at the 2019 Raptors, the way they used Kawhi was damn near perfect. Sit him vs the weaker teams, let him play vs tougher teams with minute restrictions, and unchain him come playoff time. With that being said even in that instance, he was still hobbling by the time they made the finals.

The Raptors won 53 games the year after Kawhi left, this Philly roster is not capable of that, so I wouldn't really compare them that way.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,592

Post#142 » by Nuntius » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:34 pm

9th Wonder wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
XTC wrote:
Depth is key, plus giving Maxey a bigger load so he can carry the team. The team should be able to play .500 basketball without Embiid.

Looking back at the 2019 Raptors, the way they used Kawhi was damn near perfect. Sit him vs the weaker teams, let him play vs tougher teams with minute restrictions, and unchain him come playoff time. With that being said even in that instance, he was still hobbling by the time they made the finals.

Depth is indeed key but they currently don't have it. The Sixers went 16-27 in the games that Embiid missed this season. Granted, Maxey also missed some of those games but I don't think that they currently have a roster that is capable of going .500 without Embiid.

To be fair to the rest of the team, Philly was completely decimated by injuries for a while. There were games where 3-4 starters were missing, along with depth pieces like Covington who's been out since December.

This is fair. A lot of EC teams were hit hard by injuries this year and Philly was definitely one of the leading ones at that.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,592

Post#143 » by Nuntius » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 pm

og15 wrote:
XTC wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Agreed but if they do that, they risk not making the playoffs.

The Raptors won 53 games the year after Kawhi left, this Philly roster is not capable of that, so I wouldn't really compare them that way.

And this is true as well. That Raptors team without Kawhi was still a top-tier team. This Philly roster without Embiid is nowhere near that level.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,286

Post#144 » by cgf » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:55 pm

9th Wonder wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
XTC wrote:

Depth is indeed key but they currently don't have it. The Sixers went 16-27 in the games that Embiid missed this season. Granted, Maxey also missed some of those games but I don't think that they currently have a roster that is capable of going .500 without Embiid.

To be fair to the rest of the team, Philly was completely decimated by injuries for a while. There were games where 3-4 starters were missing, along with depth pieces like Covington who's been out since December.

**** the injuries that have hammered the east this year. Next season, it's the west's turn again :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,370

Re: 76ers drop epic chokejob vs. Knicks in Game 2 

Post#145 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:59 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Timeout was called ref ignored it. NBA rigging this ****.

Read on Twitter
?t=1WxvtH654AGay9LOav4Nfg&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=xPFZCyqvv7wuaLW85B0Weg&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cope!

Lol, you were saying?

Read on Twitter

It's okay to admit you're wrong Cubbies...
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,093

Post#146 » by jkvonny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:00 pm

Nuntius wrote:
og15 wrote:
XTC wrote:

And this is true as well. That Raptors team without Kawhi was still a top-tier team. This Philly roster without Embiid is nowhere near that level.

True. The Raptors were already an elite team in the East before and after Kawhi.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#147 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:Epic choke…you hate to see it :(
At least fans can't blame my Harden for choking the game away like last year Lol
CelticsFTW
Junior
And1: 401

Post#148 » by CelticsFTW » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:37 pm

mariller wrote:
blueNorange wrote:sixers have no legs to stand on

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=6rskMP22ib9Gcn7bulfaTg

This is next level pathetic, grown men dropping like flies after paralisys attack.
Serves them right for flopping all year - that should never and hopefully will never translate to playoffs.

Exactly what I thought! The whole sequence looks surprisingly clean. The drop before the TO looked like a flop attempt and the steal itself was way to easy like how is there no fight for the ball from the 76ers player laying on the ground.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,662

Post#149 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:29 pm

Funny how we see things differently. I see Brunson being bumped so that he slipped and lost the ball, should have been a foul on the Sixers, then later Hart hitting Maxey in the head while pulling his hands back in "who me?" fashion. Should have been a foul on the Knicks. But either way, the Sixers have no cause for complaint. They won one, lost one.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,871

Post#150 » by HotelVitale » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

Just a reminder that the Knicks 'choked' away the 8 pt lead they had for most of the 4th quarter by doing things that were at least as dumb as what the Sixers did in the last minute. Bad TOs and bad possessions for most of the last 6 minutes or so of the game.

Not saying that to defend the Sixers or anything, just that these teams are a good matchup but also play some ugly bball. The low score and relatively large amount of contact does make the refs more important than usual but hopefully we can all get used to some bumping and controversial calls etc, plus lots of f ups from both teams. Don't need to complain about a couple of these happening.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#151 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:19 pm

HotelVitale wrote:Just a reminder that the Knicks 'choked' away the 8 pt lead they had for most of the 4th quarter by doing things that were at least as dumb as what the Sixers did in the last minute. Bad TOs and bad possessions for most of the last 6 minutes or so of the game.

Not saying that to defend the Sixers or anything, just that these teams are a good matchup but also play some ugly bball. The low score and relatively large amount of contact does make the refs more important than usual but hopefully we can all get used to some bumping and controversial calls etc, plus lots of f ups from both teams. Don't need to complain about a couple of these happening.
Teams that won the game cannot be applied as choke or choking but losing team chokes....no such thing is choking points unless you think all miss points are from choking Lol. Balls don't lie!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,286

Post#152 » by cgf » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 pm

HotelVitale wrote:Just a reminder that the Knicks 'choked' away the 8 pt lead they had for most of the 4th quarter by doing things that were at least as dumb as what the Sixers did in the last minute. Bad TOs and bad possessions for most of the last 6 minutes or so of the game.

Yeah, I hated the knicks fans that started complaining about the Houston game were the refs screwed up right at the end, most likely costing us a win...and I can't help but roll my eyes at all of the people complaining about Embiid or Maxey foul-baiting.

Until technological advances eliminate the need for referees completely, human error will be part of the sports watching experience.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,871

Post#153 » by HotelVitale » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:37 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

Teams that won the game cannot be applied as choke or choking but losing team chokes....no such thing is choking points unless you think all miss points are from choking Lol. Balls don't lie!

Sure, and that's why choke is in quotes above. And my point isn't like 'both teams played equally bad so stop talking.' Just saying that the Knicks should've lost the game because they choked it away, then the Sixers choked it back just enough. Everyone reducing the game to an argument about one team getting screwed or a couple foul calls is missing what the game actually was, and also that they'll probably be a lot more ugly/sloppy stuff the rest of the way, both in terms of 'choking' and foul calls.
bluemj32
Rookie
And1: 945

Post#154 » by bluemj32 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:51 pm

XTC wrote:It's crazy how much Embiid's game drops during the playoffs. I'm starting to feel bad for Philly fans.
Huh....gut is averaging 30ppg on 1 leg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board