Anthony Davis needs more help

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

SportsGuru08
Junior
And1: 387

Anthony Davis needs more help 

Post#1 » by SportsGuru08 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:02 am

He's averaging 32 & 13 on 61% shooting so far and they're trailing 0-2. Man, his teammates are bums and his opponent is too good.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,838

Re: Anthony Davis needs more help 

Post#2 » by Marrrcuss » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:05 am

How many Bron shade discussions are yall gonna make?
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,852

Post#3 » by RB34 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:06 am

Perks of playing with Bron.

He’s been outstanding for LA but it will never be enough and he’ll be blamed.
Hook_Em
Rookie
And1: 756

Post#4 » by Hook_Em » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:06 am

He was by far the 2nd best big man in this game.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,102

Post#5 » by Lalouie » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:07 am

Marrrcuss wrote:How many Bron shade discussions are yall gonna make?

are you kidding???!!!

not 1/20 of the stuff lebron acolytes chuck up on the message boards
SportsGuru08
Junior
And1: 387

Post#6 » by SportsGuru08 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:10 am

What's the matter? Don't like it when your favorite excuses are applied elsewhere?
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,692

Post#7 » by PierceFan4ever » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:13 am

OP is right. Using the Lebron needs more help when he’s playing with Anthony freaking Davis, who is a better player, has always been funny to me.

Other star players are in worse situations team wise and never get the “needs more help” excuse.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,039

Post#8 » by KyRo23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 am

RB34 wrote:Perks of playing with Bron.

Do we have examples of this happening when he is great? I haven't seen one person blame him tonight. LeBron is getting some blame for his missed 3.

Most of AD's blame comes when he is completely missing. He would have a great game and then score 8 points and looks like he isn't trying. I have yet to see him ever get blamed when he was playing great. Why would that happen :lol:

he gets a ton of credit for how he played in 2020 as well. Most call him the best player throughout that playoffs
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,852

Post#9 » by RB34 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 am

KyRo23 wrote:

Do we have examples of this happening when he is great? I haven't seen one person blame him tonight. LeBron is getting some blame for his missed 3.

Most of AD's blame comes when he is completely missing. He would have a great game and then score 8 points and looks like he isn't trying. I have yet to see him ever get blamed when he was playing great. Why would that happen :lol:

he gets a ton of credit for how he played in 2020 as well. Most call him the best player throughout that playoffs

There is posts in the game thread about LeBron needing help. Twitter as well.

He was LAs best player in the bubble run, in the finals and arguably in the IST. LeBron gets all the shine though.
blackcosmos
Junior
And1: 415

Post#10 » by blackcosmos » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:43 am

AD needs to score in the 4th Q
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,039

Post#11 » by KyRo23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:58 am

RB34 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

He was LAs best player in the bubble run, in the finals and arguably in the IST. LeBron gets all the shine though.

Those people are either trolling or shouldn't be paid attention to

The finals was arguable. He was definitely their best player all around in the first two games. LeBron and AD were shredding Miami's zone. A lot of AD's points were in the dunker spot with LeBron in the middle of the zone. He was being spoon fed a bit there until Miami adjusted. That's where the tide shifted with LeBron taking over for the other 4 games. You could argue that AD's defense was also a huge part of why they won as well.The finals is up for debate.

The reason LeBron gets the shine is because of who he is, it's just how it is. I'm sure Pippen wishes he got more shine too. The issue with AD is the consistency sometimes which is why he gets kind of slammed when they lose. LeBron stays very consistent.

I'm not one of the LeBron fans who are going to just slam AD even when he's playing great. I can't relate to that so I see where you're coming from.
LaLover11
Pro Prospect
And1: 506

Post#12 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:01 am

AD is a Glorified Chris Bosh
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,858

Post#13 » by KembaWalker » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:48 am

Can’t blame AD can’t blame DLo…guess refs are the only thing left
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,315

Post#14 » by r0drig0lac » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:58 am

KembaWalker wrote:Can’t blame AD can’t blame DLo…guess refs are the only thing left

:lol:
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,912

Post#15 » by chrismikayla » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:05 pm

Rob Pelinka needs to be locked up for failing to build a decent roster around AD and Lebron.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[gfycat][/gfycat]
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Marrrcuss » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:29 pm

Lalouie wrote:

are you kidding???!!!

not 1/20 of the stuff lebron acolytes chuck up on the message boards

Bruh, go count. Count on ANY day of the week.

If you really think its even or 20 times worse, you have issues.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Marrrcuss » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:30 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
RB34 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

Those people are either trolling or shouldn't be paid attention to

The finals was arguable. He was definitely their best player all around in the first two games. LeBron and AD were shredding Miami's zone. A lot of AD's points were in the dunker spot with LeBron in the middle of the zone. He was being spoon fed a bit there until Miami adjusted. That's where the tide shifted with LeBron taking over for the other 4 games. You could argue that AD's defense was also a huge part of why they won as well.The finals is up for debate.

The reason LeBron gets the shine is because of who he is, it's just how it is. I'm sure Pippen wishes he got more shine too. The issue with AD is the consistency sometimes which is why he gets kind of slammed when they lose. LeBron stays very consistent.

I'm not one of the LeBron fans who are going to just slam AD even when he's playing great. I can't relate to that so I see where you're coming from.

Bruh, they are trolling. No one ever goes at AD when hes playing well.
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,714

Post#18 » by kingr » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 pm

AD played amazing last night. Him getting 4 fouls midway through the 3rd quarter is what lead to the collapse.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,870

Post#19 » by nikster » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:34 pm

RB34 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

I mean its pretty obvious they both need help if they want to be a contender. They are both great, they both played great last night. They had one role player show up.

And yeah, the all time great will get more attention. That's just how it is
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,594

Post#20 » by KGtabake » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:35 pm

chrismikayla wrote:Rob Pelinka needs to be locked up for failing to build a decent roster around AD and Lebron.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Rob Pelinka had built that roster you're talking about and the outcome was a championship.
Then these guys decided that Westbrook would have been a better fit for them and the outcome is the one you're watching 2 years now.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.

Return to The General Board