Jokic is the best player since Jordan

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mephariel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,675

Re: Jokic is the best player since Jordan 

Post#421 » by Mephariel » Tue May 7, 2024 5:03 am

It is the defense that gets me. How is he the best player since Jordan when he is nowhere near a top level defender?
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,789

Post#422 » by sikma42 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:04 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
MagicMamba88 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's honestly crazy. I had no idea. I just figured you would face a 50+ win team if you won a championship.

Stat of the night.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#423 » by Impuniti » Tue May 7, 2024 5:04 am

Mephariel wrote:It is the defense that gets me. How is he the best player since Jordan when he is nowhere near a top level defender?

The issue is less that he is not a top level defender, the issue is that he's a center and gets cooked defensively. That's far worse than any other position. Either way, this topic was silly and dumb
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 835

Post#424 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:05 am

SpurNani wrote:I saw a guy say that Jokic is already better then peak Lebron ......LMFAO I have nothing against jokic its his nuthugging fans who deserve him being exposed for what he is. an offense only great player...like 2016 curry or 2018 Harden

he is legit the worst defensive center in the playoffs. and he absolutely got outplayed by KAT and Naz Reid. he quit on his team today and his playoff resume looks extremely weak when you actually LOOK who they played last year. he got swept against the suns 3 years ago and gentleman beat down against warriors two years ago

don't ever put this guy in jordan or lebron in the same sentence

Exactly these people are insane lol

Jokic= Modern Pau Gasol
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,186

Post#425 » by picc » Tue May 7, 2024 5:06 am

Jokic was above average defensively last year on the way to the title. It wasn't great, but it was enough.

He's a complete zero this year. Totally irrelevant on that end in the playoffs so far. He may as well not even be there. Its becoming a huge problem.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,075

Post#426 » by Optms » Tue May 7, 2024 5:07 am

SpurNani wrote:I saw a guy say that Jokic is already better then peak Lebron ......LMFAO I have nothing against jokic its his nuthugging fans who deserve him being exposed for what he is. an offense only great player...like 2016 curry or 2018 Harden

he is legit the worst defensive center in the playoffs. and he absolutely got outplayed by KAT and Naz Reid. he quit on his team today and his playoff resume looks extremely weak when you actually LOOK who they played last year. he got swept against the suns 3 years ago and gentleman beat down against warriors two years ago

2016 Curry changed the game. Stop the disrespect. Jokic will never be on that level. He is better than Harden though. No argument there.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,332

Post#427 » by lambchop » Tue May 7, 2024 5:16 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote::naaa: :rofl: :wavefinger:

I obviously dont think Jokic is better than James all time but you realize Denver took out the Lakers in 5 right….clowning on Jokic and Denver when Denver has beaten the Lakers 12 out of the last 13 games lol?

People need to stop acting like this is prime lebron, just because he's still around and still putting up fairly big numbers. Is he better than 2011 finals lebron? Yes, for sure, but he is essentially still a shell of himself.

Jokic >>>>> current Lebron.

And the "lebron has no help" narrative needs to stop. He simply isn't that good anymore and that's totally fine at his age.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,335

Post#428 » by GSP » Tue May 7, 2024 5:16 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#429 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:19 am

lambchop wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote::naaa: :rofl: :wavefinger:

I obviously dont think Jokic is better than James all time but you realize Denver took out the Lakers in 5 right….clowning on Jokic and Denver when Denver has beaten the Lakers 12 out of the last 13 games lol?

People need to stop acting like this is prime lebron, just because he's still around and still putting up fairly big numbers. Is he better than 2011 finals lebron? Yes, for sure, but he is essentially still a shell of himself.

Jokic >>>>> current Lebron.

And the "lebron has no help" narrative needs to stop. He simply isn't that good anymore and that's totally fine at his age.

Nope LeBron is better

You're wrong buddy
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,575

Post#430 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 5:21 am

sikma42 wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
MagicMamba88 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's honestly crazy. I had no idea. I just figured you would face a 50+ win team if you won a championship.

Stat of the night.

They beat a 49 win team in a 72 game season.

Stupid and pointless stat.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#431 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 5:22 am

LaLover11 wrote:

Jokic= Modern Pau Gasol

You’re insane
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,824

Post#432 » by LordCovington33 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:22 am

MagicMamba88 wrote:
Read on Twitter

And it showed tonight
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#433 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:23 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Jokic= Modern Pau Gasol

You’re insane

Pau has 2 rings vs 1 ring Jokic playing #2 option to Murray lmao
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#434 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 5:24 am

LaLover11 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Exactly these people are insane lol

Jokic= Modern Pau Gasol

You’re insane

Pau has 2 rings vs 1 ring Jokic playing #2 option to Murray lmao

Nice trolling
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,338

Post#435 » by sfernald » Tue May 7, 2024 5:34 am

Can someone please change the first word of the title of this post to “Ant”
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,702

Post#436 » by xb3at band1tx » Tue May 7, 2024 5:37 am

im still taking 2000's shaq over joker
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#437 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:44 am

xb3at band1tx wrote:im still taking 2000's shaq over joker

Easy answer and whoever made this thread is crazy lol
Stribor
Pro Prospect
And1: 498

Post#438 » by Stribor » Tue May 7, 2024 5:48 am

Jokic is my favorite player still, and he was the best player for a while, but these two stinker games are not something one can expect from the best after Jordan. Also, LeBron, Curry, and KD are not what they were the last 3 years, it is just that people who loved them could not accept their obvious decline. They are still great players, but not the world beaters anymore. Ant is really amazing and has the potential to be the next-best player in the league, however, some more time is needed to say it definitely. Nevertheless, LBJ is still by far the best after MJ. And then you still have Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Curry which I would all still put over Joker. Ant, Luka, Wemby are still young and one or all of them could pass some of these players, but only time will tell if they will.

I wonder if Joker is hurt, he really plays worse than I ever remember. The fact that Murray is even worse in this series does not help him at all. And Wolves are perfectly built to stop the Joker, however, if he is not injured he still should produce some more. This is really bad.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,868

Post#439 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue May 7, 2024 6:31 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
MagicMamba88 wrote:
Read on Twitter

And it showed tonight

Shouldn't you be in hiding still?
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 1,040

Post#440 » by FreeBird23 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:47 am

Another example why RealGM is a joke sometimes.
Jokic is one of the best for sure.
But dont put him ahead of Shaq, Lebron or Duncan for now.

Return to The General Board