Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,389

Re: Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers 

Post#261 » by MrGoat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:29 pm

HanzGruber wrote:
PlatinumState wrote:What if this is true
A man who said he was nearby posted on TikTok that the fan "spat on Nicola Jokic's child and tried to grab his wife, but his account of what may have started the altercation was not confirmed by The Denver Gazette.

Im not saying it is, we dont know but would that justify punching? What would you do in that situation?

Source
https://denvergazette.com/sports/denver-nuggets/nikola-jokic-brother-fan-punch/article_761e98ee-01ab-11ef-8da8-fbbba0ce3461.html

If that was true then of course it warrants a punch. But that seems far fetched

Judging from some of the responses in this thread and considering the game was in Denver I have no qualms calling BS on that unsubstantiated claim
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 7,891

Re: Jokic brothers Update: NBA investigating an assault on fan by one of the Jokic brothers 

Post#262 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 pm

MrGoat wrote:
HanzGruber wrote:

Im not saying it is, we dont know but would that justify punching? What would you do in that situation?

Source
https://denvergazette.com/sports/denver-nuggets/nikola-jokic-brother-fan-punch/article_761e98ee-01ab-11ef-8da8-fbbba0ce3461.html

Judging from some of the responses in this thread and considering the game was in Denver I have no qualms calling BS on that unsubstantiated claim

In the Tik tok video posted in the news paper website you can hear the crowd say beat him up. I don’t know what happened for the crowd to go against the fan but there must have been something that happened prior. I am sure the league reached out to ticket holders in the section for their story though. Again we don’t know all of the details. But if true both parties are in the wrong.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,839

Post#263 » by azcatz11 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40 pm

Pointgod wrote:What’s there to investigate, Jokic’s brother threw that punch. Caught in 4K!

What if the fan said something horrible to Jokic wife or daughter. We have no idea what was said. Not everything has to be a lawsuit. Until more facts come out, it’s really early to have a judgement on this.

I don’t support violence but some people have it coming
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#264 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:43 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:What’s there to investigate, Jokic’s brother threw that punch. Caught in 4K!

What if the fan said something horrible to Jokic wife or daughter. We have no idea what was said. Not everything has to be a lawsuit. Until more facts come out, it’s really early to have a judgement on this.

Did you read the newspaper article and saw the TikTok video posted in the article. Something must happened before if the crowd wanted him beaten up. Curious to see the outcome of the investigation. But for now Jokic’s wife and daughter should be secure in one of those luxury boxes for now on. Major risk that close to fans. If I was a multimillionaire sports star I would not want my family that exposed
MrGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#265 » by MrGoat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
MrGoat wrote:
HanzGruber wrote:If that was true then of course it warrants a punch. But that seems far fetched

In the Tik tok video posted in the news paper website you can hear the crowd say beat him up. I don’t know what happened for the crowd to go against the fan but there must have been something that happened prior. I am sure the league reached out to ticket holders in the section for their story though. Again we don’t know all of the details. But if true both parties are in the wrong.

Jokic fans are so biased I wouldn't even take their witness testimony seriously, they'd cheer for that if the guy was a Lakers fan just loudly complaining about calls and they got into a squabble or something like that and they might even lie if asked. As I said, the game was in Denver. It shouldn't even be the NBA investigating this, it should be the police because the Jokic brother committed a crime on camera
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#266 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:55 pm

MrGoat wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
MrGoat wrote:

Jokic fans are so biased I wouldn't even take their witness testimony seriously, they'd cheer for that if the guy was a Lakers fan just loudly complaining about calls and they got into a squabble or something like that and they might even lie if asked. As I said, the game was in Denver. It shouldn't even be the NBA investigating this, it should be the police because the Jokic brother committed a crime on camera

How is it biased when for one I said we don't know the whole story. Two now we get unconfirmed report of the fan spiting on Jokic's baby and grabbing the mother. Also where did I defend his brother in this thread at all? Also police shouldn't investigate any assault accusations? wtf are you talking about? Next time before you call someone out know who you are talking to. Also if I was so biased why would I even start the thread to begin with. Think
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#267 » by AleksandarN » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:42 pm

https://amp.tmz.com/2024/04/25/cops-locate-alleged-nikola-jokic-brother-punch-victim-continue-investigation/

The police have been talking to the fan who was punched. They are still investigating so we should know sooner or later. Which is good.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#268 » by MrGoat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
MrGoat wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:In the Tik tok video posted in the news paper website you can hear the crowd say beat him up. I don’t know what happened for the crowd to go against the fan but there must have been something that happened prior. I am sure the league reached out to ticket holders in the section for their story though. Again we don’t know all of the details. But if true both parties are in the wrong.

How is it biased when for one I said we don't know the whole story. Two now we get unconfirmed report of the fan spiting on Jokic's baby and grabbing the mother. Also where did I defend his brother in this thread at all? Also police shouldn't investigate any assault accusations? wtf are you talking about? Next time before you call someone out know who you are talking to. Also if I was so biased why would I even start the thread to begin with. Think

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the Denver fans who were there. The report is unconfirmed and extremely shaky at best. The balls on a fan to spit on a baby in Denver's stadium with Jokic's enormous brothers right there is so ridiculous it's just such obvious BS and I would take the fans' witness reports with a huge grain of salt if there is no video evidence
MoneyBall
Analyst
And1: 3,215

Post#269 » by MoneyBall » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:30 am

stoo wrote:i am pacifist, but i support hitting people in the mouth when they talk too much.

:lol:
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,956

Post#270 » by Ice Trae » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:37 am

stoo wrote:i am pacifist, but i support hitting people in the mouth when they talk too much.

Gandhi rolling over in his grave
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,300

Post#271 » by SNPA » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:41 am

HanzGruber wrote:
A man who said he was nearby posted on TikTok that the fan "spat on Nicola Jokic's child and tried to grab his wife, but his account of what may have started the altercation was not confirmed by The Denver Gazette.

Source

The claim doesn’t match their response. That action gets a full on attack, not wandering over and throwing a lame jab.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#272 » by AleksandarN » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:47 am

MrGoat wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
MrGoat wrote:

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the Denver fans who were there. The report is unconfirmed and extremely shaky at best. The balls on a fan to spit on a baby in Denver's stadium with Jokic's enormous brothers right there is so ridiculous it's just such obvious BS and I would take the fans' witness reports with a huge grain of salt if there is no video evidence

My bad. I thought you were talking about realgm members. I have been to many Nuggets games. Actually sat behind them a couple of times. It is usually not rowdy. Mostly season ticket fans. Manly same people. I never heard any fans encourage the brothers to fight anyone. I just think it is just a weird video. Something occurred . All I am saying let’s wait and find out. Even if the story is true jokic brother is still wrong. Hitting a person to resolve any conflict just shows weakness. Lack of control no will power.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#273 » by MrGoat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 am

AleksandarN wrote:
MrGoat wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:How is it biased when for one I said we don't know the whole story. Two now we get unconfirmed report of the fan spiting on Jokic's baby and grabbing the mother. Also where did I defend his brother in this thread at all? Also police shouldn't investigate any assault accusations? wtf are you talking about? Next time before you call someone out know who you are talking to. Also if I was so biased why would I even start the thread to begin with. Think

My bad. I thought you were talking about realgm members. I have been to many Nuggets games. Actually sat behind them a couple of times. It is usually not rowdy. Mostly season ticket fans. Manly same people. I never heard any fans encourage the brothers to fight anyone. I just think it is just a weird video. Something occurred . All I am saying let’s wait and find out. Even if the story is true jokic brother is still wrong. Hitting a person to resolve any conflict just shows weakness. Lack of control no will power.

That's fair. I've been to some rowdy sports events before which definitely fuels my skepticism a bit but I could be wrong
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,779

Re: Jokic brothers 

Post#274 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 am

UcanUwill wrote:Cant go to Belgrade? Let Belgrade come to you...

Watched a couple of matches involving Serbia at last year’s World Cup. Sat near some gym junkies who were screaming abuse at both games and getting into the face of anybody who questioned a call. Not all are like that, obviously, and most of the Serbian fans were cool, but seeing such antics comes as no surprise to me. A few bad apples spoil it for the rest.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,626

Post#275 » by JayMKE » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:29 am

If the guy spat on a baby and Jokic’s wife then he’d probably get more than a single jab to the face. My guess it was some dumb petty bullsh** that escalated maybe because alcohol. Not shocking Denver fans(or anybody else) would cheer their star player’s brother in a fight against an opposing fan, don’t think you can go on that.
FREE GIANNIS
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,407

Post#276 » by robbie84 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 am

Doesn't matter what he said, you simply can't do that. It's assault and he could go to jail or even be deported.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,720

Post#277 » by Pointgod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 am

azcatz11 wrote:

You have to let security handle it. Short of being physically attacked first, there’s nothing that warrants punching a fan even if he deserved it. We’ve seen countless examples of players families being harassed by fans and security taking care of it.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,022

Post#278 » by p0peye » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 am

Well, fist of all, they are all fans in the stands, Jokić family included. Sometimes running your mouth gets you a punch in the face, as this guy found out. However, it is a violence and probably will have some consequence for Strahinja.

If that guy indeed physically threatened or engaged in any way Jokić family, this was not proportionate response from his brother. If that was happening to any of you guys on this board, I am sure you're swinging too and when a guy is as big as Strahinja - that dude would need dental insurance at very least. In such situation people would strike with the intent to inflict major damage, while this seemed like a more masculine form of face slap.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#279 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 am

JayMKE wrote:If the guy spat on a baby and Jokic’s wife then he’d probably get more than a single jab to the face. My guess it was some dumb petty bullsh** that escalated maybe because alcohol. Not shocking Denver fans(or anybody else) would cheer their star player’s brother in a fight against an opposing fan, don’t think you can go on that.

but also, who the hell is going to spit at child in a NBA Arena?
Слава Украине!
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,566

Post#280 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:10 pm

rand wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:Don't talk crap and don't get hit. Simple.

You have the right to talk crap. You don't have the right to hit someone for talking crap.

"You have the right to talk crap"? That´s why so many Americans get punched abroad :lol:
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today

Return to The General Board